IGNORED

More Wilkes/Neely engagements

Mari2

I feel compelled to point out that James Staddon didn't actually take any of the good couples photos (like the beautiful one of Victoria and what's-his-name). By his own admission, they were taken by another photographer identfied as "Mary".

James' photos are, as usual, shockingly bad. He also has a very tenuous grasp on the English language. Not sure if I'd noticed before how terrible his writing is. But apart from all the grammar mistakes (he does not seem to understand that plurals do not require apostrophes), here's a pro tip: If you're going to be doing wedding photography (and blogging about it), you might want to learn that the word you're looking for is "aisle," not "isle."

And that's enough BEC for today. Maybe. ?

Edited by JillyO
I should really proof-read.
  • Upvote 10

11 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I feel compelled to point out that James Staddon didn't actually take any of the good couples photos (like the beautiful one of Victoria and what's-his-name). By his own admission, they were taken by another photographer identfied as "Mary".

James' photos are, as usual, shockingly bad. He also has a very tenuous grasp on the English language. Not sure if I'd noticed before how terrible his writing is. But apart from all the grammar mistakes (he does not seems to understand that plurals do not require apostophes), here's a pro tip: If you're going to be doing wedding photography (and blogging about it), you might want to learn that the word you're looking for is "aisle," not "isle."

The Staddons really need to stick to landscape, drone, and real estate photography. Fundie robots typically aren’t great at taking pictures of humans. 

• Upvote 4

Wow, those groomsmen photos are so..........what’s that word I’m looking for?  Help me out friends.

Spoiler

135D7A30-0A99-4545-B7A0-0880203AC53A.png

Spoiler

4AC6DD55-ADE6-4F93-8CC1-C658CD670625.png

Spoiler

8E0AC8FC-440F-4F48-A24F-C327D981F184.png

Spoiler

23CC61B4-D043-499A-8584-A5514F626B4E.png

Edited by justmy2cents
trying to put pictures into a spoiler

Well, they're better than Chris Maxwell's efforts but that's about all there is to say about that.

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Staddons really need to stick to landscape, drone, and real estate photography. Fundie robots typically aren’t great at taking pictures of humans. 

The less bad Fundie Wedding Photographers seem to be women.  They might be a bit formulaic and Pintrest-y with their composition but they seem to be a bit better with emotion. 

11 hours ago, Jasmar said:

He looks like Mr. Bean in that last one.

It's not exactly a flattering angle for her either. 

• Upvote 2

More photos on her Instagram page- Katie Lynne Wilson

20200427_111052.jpg

The other photographer mentioned with her husband Ben is Mary Anna Photography.She also has photos on her instagram @maryannaphoto.

Think I'll stop now-enough sleuthing for today!! I'm going to bake shortbread for a treat!

20200427_111849.jpg

Edited by Sops2
Addition
  • Thank You 3

I just noticed: Jessica and Susanna pretty much had the same dress: the bodice is the same material, same sleeves, same ruching across the midsection, just different skirts.  Did they make their own dresses?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

I just noticed: Jessica and Susanna pretty much had the same dress: the bodice is the same material, same sleeves, same ruching across the midsection, just different skirts.  Did they make their own dresses?

That wouldn't surprise me. Many fundie brides make their own dress rather than buy one. However, the skirt part of Susanna's dress looks like it wasn't handmade by just one person. I have to wonder if the Neely's have a very good friend or family member who makes or at least designs wedding dresses either by themselves or with a company to help them get a discount. 

11 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Katie , one of the other photographers mentioned , has this photo on her public facebook page

20200427_101901.jpg

So, upon closer inspection Victoria's dress is the same dress my mom wore on her wedding day back in 1986. The sleeves, the skirt (not shown here), and the bodice are all the same design of my mothers wedding dress. I wonder if Victoria went to a used bridal store or if this was the same dress her mother or mother-in-law wore. 

I could tell Victoria was wearing her mother’s dress. I love the idea of wearing your mother’s dress,  but I would likely want to make a few alterations. I’m just not a fan of the pick ups on the skirt and poofy sleeves. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

Victoria's messy updo, hoop earrings, sepia flowers and vintage dress are giving me retro-hipster vibes. It was not her intention but I dig the look.

Her groom, on the other hand, needs a beard and a brown tweed suit. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, usedbicycle said:

Victoria's messy updo, hoop earrings, sepia flowers and vintage dress are giving me retro-hipster vibes. It was not her intention but I dig the look.

Her groom, on the other hand, needs a beard and a brown tweed suit. 

I like Victoria’s style the best too. I just don’t dig those puffy sleeves. Sorry I can’t get over it. Smash those sleeves down and I would love the look. 

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2020 at 3:00 PM, JillyO said:

James' photos are, as usual, shockingly bad. He also has a very tenuous grasp on the English language. Not sure if I'd noticed before how terrible his writing is. But apart from all the grammar mistakes (he does not seem to understand that plurals do not require apostrophes), here's a pro tip: If you're going to be doing wedding photography (and blogging about it), you might want to learn that the word you're looking for is "aisle," not "isle."

I find it rather upsetting that James posted the photos of other photographers on his blog. Even though he stated that he didn't take them, there are going to be others who think that he really did take them. James isn't a bad photographer, he has improved since he shot Robert and Kendalyn's wedding. For what it is worth I hope that he takes some wedding photography classes in the future rather than hosting seminars and writing more how to books.

On 4/28/2020 at 12:54 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I like Victoria’s style the best too. I just don’t dig those puffy sleeves. Sorry I can’t get over it. Smash those sleeves down and I would love the look. 

At first I didn't like Victoria's style when I saw the video. Honestly, her style is the one that I was most critical of. But, after seeing these photos I really love her style. 

On 4/27/2020 at 7:18 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I feel bad for the couple stuck with a Staddon as a couple photographer. 

That would be Jessica and Daniel according to James.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
19 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Susanna and Adam Wilkes are expecting their first bundle of joy on 2/2/21

I’m wondering how close the other sisters will be to that due date. The Bowers sisters got married to brothers in a double wedding and ended up having their first babies less than a day apart. I doubt the Neely sisters could do that. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they were all due within a few months of each other. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m wondering how close the other sisters will be to that due date. The Bowers sisters got married to brothers in a double wedding and ended up having their first babies less than a day apart. I doubt the Neely sisters could do that. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they were all due within a few months of each other. 

Over on the thread about the Staddons someone came across a photo from Abbie Camuso's blog called New Every Morning. In her FEW post there was a photo of the Neely's. It was very obvious that Susanna was pregnant. It did not look like Victoria was there in the photo that was posted of them. As for Jessica, from the camera angle and the way she was standing I couldn't really tell. It is possible that the Neely sisters could all be pregnant at once. But, I do think that they would all be due within weeks of each other. Usually, the way fundies reproduce, as long as everything goes well, the first child usually comes around their first wedding anniversary. Susanna and Daniel are due a month before their anniversary. Although, I am not sure how the sisters from the triple wedding are going to celebrate their wedding anniversaries as they were married on February 29 and that date only comes once every four years. 

On another note, I have a feeling that there is going to be at least one more Neely/Wilkes union. Lauren and Bethany Neely are both close in age with the youngest Wilkes boy Mark. Lauren was born between 2000 and 2002 and Bethany was born between 2004 and 2006. Mark was born in 2001. So, I have a sinking feeling that one of them is going to end up with Mark. Also, there is another unmarried Wilkes son Kenan, but he was born in1995 and may be considered too old to marry Lauren. The youngest Neely girl Hannah was born between 2006 and 2008 and may be too considered too young for Mark. Then again, Pa Neely practically forced Daniel and Kathryn together and the marriage pool has gotten smaller for them.

• 2 years later...

This picture is only the immediate family and spouses. No grandchildren included. This picture is from the CD they made last year. It’s the cover photo and I don’t know exactly when the picture was taken. But I think there are three pregnancy bumps in the picture. I’m guessing the Neelys have quite a few grandkids these days but we don’t know about them. 

10AB81D0-8084-4DCC-A1FF-BA9AE9C3C120.jpeg

• Thank You 1

• 1 month later...

The Neely website is pretty annoying. You have to click all over the place to find any recent pictures. But I finally found one of the entire family. It looks like Jordan and Victoria Smith have a boy. It also looks like Adam and Susanna have a boy. But I believe Jessica is holding a niece in the picture. Which I would assume means they do not have a child yet. Imagine having a triple wedding with your sisters, you married the brother of two of your brothers in law, and you are the only one not to have a baby yet. This picture was probably taken last year. So maybe they have a baby by now. 

4A11DE2A-3BDD-4151-B368-351F6B338DEE.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar