• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Mari2

More Wilkes/Neely engagements

Smee

My theory is one of the couples aren’t certain. But only ONE, and rather than go ahead with a double wedding and give the third couple more time or whatever, they’re making them all wait so they can still have their big triple wedding. And I wonder if the uncertainty is coming from the guy, making it harder for Pa Neely to “fix”. 
Poor girls. I can’t imagine how messed up my relationship with my dad would be if he basically forced me to marry someone I was unsure about.

NancyDrewFan1989
On 2/7/2020 at 7:10 AM, Smee said:

My theory is one of the couples aren’t certain. But only ONE, and rather than go ahead with a double wedding and give the third couple more time or whatever, they’re making them all wait so they can still have their big triple wedding. And I wonder if the uncertainty is coming from the guy, making it harder for Pa Neely to “fix”. 
Poor girls. I can’t imagine how messed up my relationship with my dad would be if he basically forced me to marry someone I was unsure about.

I am starting to think that as well. It seems very strange that they have not addressed the status of their relationships, yet. Pa Neely doesn't seem to be okay with a broken engagement and he does have control over his daughters. However, he does not have control over the men whom his daughters are engaged to. It may be one of the betrothed possibly future husband who is having second thoughts, not one of the Neely daughters. Pa Neely may not be able to "fix" this if one of the Wilkes men and/or Jordan Smith is heavily considering calling the wedding off. 

uber frau
On 2/7/2020 at 8:10 PM, Smee said:

I was sick and stuck in bed a couple of months back and I read the blog from the beginning. 

The father/daughter relationships in that family are already skeevy as fuck.

The only thing surprising about Pa Neely press-ganging a daughter into a marriage she was unsure about would be that a Neely daughter had the presence of mind to have any doubts in the first place.  I'm not saying there's any inappropriate stuff going on in a physical sense but the level of infantilisation and emotional manipulation are something else.  

Meh
Dandruff
3 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

It seems very strange that they have not addressed the status of their relationships, yet.

They went silent, which could mean a change of status or the realization that they were being discussed online.  If it's the latter, and they'd prefer to not be discussed on a snark site, then I wouldn't expect them to announce updates.

My guess is they're all getting married as originally planned.

JermajestyDuggar

I looked at all three registries and all three have quite a few things already purchased off of them. They may have had a shower already. I think the weddings are still on. They may be quiet because the girls who wrote the most on the blog are suddenly planning a triple wedding. 

NancyDrewFan1989
9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I looked at all three registries and all three have quite a few things already purchased off of them. They may have had a shower already. I think the weddings are still on. They may be quiet because the girls who wrote the most on the blog are suddenly planning a triple wedding. 

Yeah, I noticed that too. They could be quiet because they are planning a full triple wedding. It just shocked me that all of the sudden the family went quiet after announcing three of their daughters got engaged. They couldn't stop writing about the glorious and Godly relationships of Matthew and Amanda Wilkes and Kathryn and Daniel Staddon leading up to the weddings.

JermajestyDuggar
3 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Yeah, I noticed that too. They could be quiet because they are planning a full triple wedding. It just shocked me that all of the sudden the family went quiet after announcing three of their daughters got engaged. They couldn't stop writing about the glorious and Godly relationships of Matthew and Amanda Wilkes and Kathryn and Daniel Staddon leading up to the weddings.

Part of me thinks maybe there really is someone filming it for a show. I think it would make a decent TLC special.

JermajestyDuggar

I’m thinking about a one hour TLC special and how it would go. First they would introduce the Neely family. Talk about how big the family is and who is already married with children. They would talk about how they homeschool and run an RV Park. But they wouldn’t focus heavily on that because that’s been done many times before on TLC. They would then start talking about how close the Neely and Wilkes families are. How their oldest daughter married a Wilkes son years ago and have a happy family. And then they would introduce not one, but two Wilkes brothers who are engaged to two Neely sisters. Shocking! But wait, there’s more! Another sister is recently engaged too! So now  the big reveal: A Triple Wedding! Next up is all the planning that will go into a wedding this big. They will harp on the fact that there are three brides who are three sisters and everyone has to compromise for the big day. Light hearted disagreements will be had while the grooms basically do nothing to prepare for the wedding. Here comes the triple bridal shower! It’s three times the gifts and three times the fun. The wedding day is finally here! How will everything go as planned when three couples are involved?! Don’t worry, TLC will create a bit of bland drama for the day but it will mostly go off without a hitch because all the girls are good fundie girls who do what they are told. And everyone gets pregnant the first month of marriage. The end. 

NancyDrewFan1989
4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Part of me thinks maybe there really is someone filming it for a show. I think it would make a decent TLC special.

I am thinking a TLC special as well. But, that doesn't explain the photos being taken down. If I remember correctly, Chad and Erin (Bates) Paine and David and Priscilla (Keller) Waller both kept photos of their respective weddings and engagements on their blogs. So, the photos being taken down don't make much sense unless TLC changed their policy and they had to. 

Meh
Dandruff

Aren't both families self-supporting?  Not sure why they'd participate in a TLC circus if money isn't a factor.

uber frau

'Evangelism'/self promotion in the, "look at us, aren't we the holiest" kinda vein.

JermajestyDuggar

I remember when the Burnett’s took down their blog right before Abbie and John David announced their courtship. 

JermajestyDuggar
Posted (edited)

They fooled us! The Neely sisters triple wedding happened today! You can see some pics on the vizaframe instagram.

It looks like they did three separate ceremonies. One couple had a red theme, one had a yellow theme, and one a blue theme. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

JermajestyDuggar

So for example, this wedding had a red theme. So the screen in the background and the lighting was red. Along with ties and bouquets. The groomsmen and bridesmaids all wore black. So I think the bridesmaids must have just changed out their bouquets to match the wedding. I can’t imagine the guys switched their ties for each wedding so many events some of the groomsmen didn’t overlap. 

40C17AF0-75FA-41C5-8D8A-6A7ADF82FF1A.jpeg

JermajestyDuggar

Ok I know this sounds stupid and trivial, but I probably would have gone with 3 different colors that look really nice together. I’m not saying red, yellow, and blue don’t look nice together. But they are primary colors and can look rather juvenile all together at once. I do like their idea of making each wedding a little different. That way they get their own wedding and individuality. Even if it’s in a small way. But I probably would have chosen different colors. Like emerald green, champagne/gold, and a pale dusty pink. 

NachosFlandersStyle
28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ok I know this sounds stupid and trivial, but I probably would have gone with 3 different colors that look really nice together. I’m not saying red, yellow, and blue don’t look nice together. But they are primary colors and can look rather juvenile all together at once. 

Yeah, it seems less like a color scheme and more like things were color-coded for maximum distinguishability. I'm guessing each couple was basically assigned a color. 

SallyDraper

The triple ceremony is up in youtube. Just do a search for "Neely wedding" and it comes up. It's about 2 and a half hours long. I don't wanna spoil anything but the dresses were bad. 

Smee

The whole fundie thing of not being able to “exclude” anyone or limit your bridal party is ridiculous. There must have been 6 flower girls carried down the aisle 3 times (poor kids), and all those bridesmaids in black was starting to look like a weird wedding cross funeral. I think black bridesmaids dresses don’t work well when they’re floor-length with sleeves and the bouquets are relatively small. Also, I found it so weird to see the first two brides playing violin to accompany their sister down the aisle, like, such an odd way to spend your first moments as a married woman.

JermajestyDuggar

2.5 hours?!? Omg. That’s worse than a catholic wedding with full mass! 

JermajestyDuggar

I will save you all some time and give you a brief summary:

Man speaking

Another man speaking 

Another man speaking

Yet another man speaking

oh and don’t forget that other man speaking

That’s seriously all it is. A bunch of men preaching with a little bit of wedding thrown in. It was the most boring and patriarchical triple wedding that history has ever seen. You wanna hear from any of the brides? Too bad. What they have to say doesn’t matter. They are only here to look modest and pretty. 

And to be honest, the dresses weren’t bad at all. The second wedding dress (Victoria) looked like it might have been her mother’s dress because it was dated. But the first and third dresses looked new and were not overly modified to be modest. 

hollyandivy

can someone link to the wedding video pls, it doesn't come up in a search for me

usedbicycle

Around 2:00:00 Dad Neely makes this terrible joke:

"After Amanda and Matthew got married a few years ago somebody asked me: "Do you think Amanda really likes him or does she just go along with this just  because you like him?" I said well she'll probably get used to the idea!"

*Laughter from the crowd*

*Shivers from me*

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 5
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 8

JermajestyDuggar
13 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

Around 2:00:00 Dad Neely makes this terrible joke:

"After Amanda and Matthew got married a few years ago somebody asked me: "Do you think Amanda really likes him or does she just go along with this just  because you like him?" I said well she'll probably get used to the idea!"

*Laughter from the crowd*

*Shivers from me*

The dad also said at the first wedding that a family friend took a picture of the couple 10 years ago and started praying for them to marry ever since. They said the marriages were all arranged in Heaven, but we all know better. They were arranged in daddy Neely’s head. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 4

hollyandivy

@JermajestyDuggar: thanks

Ironically the church is named "Free Will Baptist"....

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 8