IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 15: The Drama Llama Rolls On

Coconut Flan
nelliebelle1197
Message added by nelliebelle1197

Hey Friends! Let's keep the Homeland Security raid talk here:

That way we all get ALL the gossip!

19 hours ago, KeshetParparNesicha said:

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING YOU MOTHERFUKERS!" It was...........Dumbledore!

I think that fanfic was a work of genius. The greatset parody/troll fic of all time. 

• Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Little thread drift here---but I am going to a bday party for a 1-year old girl.  I have no idea what to bring for a present.  She is their first and only. 

Any suggestions from moms/grandmas?

If you think they have enough toys/clothes/books, what about a melamine plate/bowl/cup. Personalized if you want to spend more and have enough time.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

"We had been trying for quite awhile after the miscarriage, and when we found out we were expecting, literally we were shocked."

Wow. First off, a few months barely qualifies as 'quite awhile', and they were shocked that they were 'trying' to concieve and it happened? I guess I could see them being surprised it happened so soon, but the way this is worded sounds incredibly daft.

Also, literally they were shocked. Did somebody rub their sock feet on the carpet and then poke them the minute the positive test result came through?

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 17
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

On 11/11/2019 at 3:07 PM, theotherelise said:

Considering if Lauren might’ve been exposed to Twilight (no, IMO) makes me think of the time capsule episode of Parks and Recreation.

Some people didn’t want twilight in the time capsule because it had Christian themes (purity) and others didn’t want it included because it didn’t have Christian values (desire). A lot funnier than it sounds...

I just watched that episode last night!!! On the first go round and really enjoying the humor! 

On 11/11/2019 at 4:06 PM, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I've never seen an IV insertion like Lauren's (anterior forearm).  Can any medical people explain why that would be used as opposed to the usual places? 

I had this because they couldn’t find a better place to insert.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Iamtheway said:

I always buy kids nice books. Because that’s never a bad present. ?:romance-inlove:

Most little girls I know have gotten a copy of Pippi Longstocking. Every girl needs a rolemodel that is strong, kind and not afraid to be herself at all times. 

I’m a book giver too! There are also some fun BabyLit board books for one year olds - Anne of GG, Moby Dick, Pride and Prejudice, Sherlock Holmes ...pretty cute. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

18 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

I’m a book giver too! There are also some fun BabyLit board books for one year olds - Anne of GG, Moby Dick, Pride and Prejudice, Sherlock Holmes ...pretty cute. 

Speaking of SH, I love your profile pic! That man is inexplicably magnetic to me (for me?). ?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 11/11/2019 at 3:09 PM, Longhairedheathen said:

So in Spanish her name is Beautiful Miracle.  I am on the ship that was done intentionally. 

That's a very Lauren thing to do tbh...

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, neuroticcat said:

I just watched that episode last night!!! On the first go round and really enjoying the humor! 

I had this because they couldn’t find a better place to insert.

Mine was also there for my last 3 births because they couldn’t insert it elsewhere. I think it’s more comfortable than the hand.

my last one I nearly gave birth before they could get the IV in because my veins would not cooperate 

• I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Little thread drift here---but I am going to a bday party for a 1-year old girl.  I have no idea what to bring for a present.  She is their first and only. 

I'm not a mom/grandmom, but I'm voting for Hans Christian Andersen fairy tales. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

I want to just be happy for her... but 4 months being quite a while? Ughhh. 

Also I felt terrible for Kendra talking about how she was relieved when Lauren was pregnant too so that she wouldn't feel as bad about expecting. I think she likely felt a bit of guilt carrying her second after Lauren and Joy losing theirs. She genuinely seems a bit more tactful than Lauren.

I have terrible veins, they are tiny, roll and seem to hide upon insertion. I know this so I usually apologize to whoever is drawing blood and tell them that they will probably want to use a butterfly needle. 9/10 times they listen but one time they didn't and they tried 3 times (elbow, elbow, hand) before finally getting a butterfly on the 4th time. I had my wisdom teeth out last year and the nurse who hooked up my IV was a former critical care flight nurse, it took her multiple tries even with the butterfly. 

What's worse is I also get a terrible vasovagal response from needles to begin with so multiple sticks take a toll. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

The sex must be sooo bad if 4 months feels like ‘quite a while’. It always feels like longer when you don’t want to be doing something. 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 32

1 hour ago, bal maiden said:

The sex must be sooo bad if 4 months feels like ‘quite a while’. It always feels like longer when you don’t want to be doing something. 

Maybe they were "shocked" she was expecting because they didn't think they were doing it properly?

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

It wouldn't surprise me if Lauren got the idea for Bella's name from Twilight.  I don't know the Swanson's etiology into Fundieland.  It could be she was allowed to read/watch the movies  10 years ago. (which would make her prime age to be infatuated with it)  I don't know when the Swanson's upped their fundie game to get closer to the Duggar's echelon and got stricter with what was allowed.

Maybe quite a few fundie's are more familiar with the franchise than we have been led to believe.  Didn't Josie Bates have one of the songs from the movie played at her wedding?   

I know this isn't a Bates thread, but if she was allowed to indulge in all the teenage vampire romance, surely it may have been allowed by other, less prominent families as well

For a fresh out the womb newborn, baby Bella is very cute and looks so much like her mom with those big eyes.  The A B...C? D? etc theme makes me sad.  I was already concerned that this baby would very much be in the shadow of Asa (The governor of Arkansas is also Asa and it's pronounced "A-suh" with the  "sa" sounding like the first syllable of salami).  This alphabet theme cements Bella as always second to Asa.  She is Bella who came after Asa forever and ever :(

If Lauren is a secret Twi-hard (That's what the fans were called right?)  There are an abundance of C names- Cullen, Carlisle, Charlie...

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, CheeseGirl said:

For a fresh out the womb newborn, baby Bella is very cute and looks so much like her mom with those big eyes.  The A B...C? D? etc theme makes me sad.  I was already concerned that this baby would very much be in the shadow of Asa (The governor of Arkansas is also Asa and it's pronounced "A-suh" with the  "sa" sounding like the first syllable of salami).  This alphabet theme cements Bella as always second to Asa.  She is Bella who came after Asa forever and ever :(

If Lauren is a secret Twi-hard (That's what the fans were called right?)  There are an abundance of C names- Cullen, Carlisle, Charlie...

I don;t think the first living baby being Bella and the miscarriage baby being called Asa is enough to definitively see if they're doing an ABC theme type thing. I also think Bella being the name has more to do with Lauren being Italian (speaking of does anyone know how italian she is? I'm curious to know how much this might influence her name choices so I can up my game in the next round of guess the baby name :P )then it does being a Twilight fan, I mean do not get me wrong, she's totally the type, but I don't think that level of scandal would ever have been allowed. 

That said I actually like Carlisle as a name, and I didn't care for Twilight and was 14 when it was popular

Edited by Peaches-n-Beans
clarity
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

On 11/11/2019 at 12:33 PM, JDuggs said:

That filthy hat on Josiah is gross. I can’t believe he chose to wear that to his baby’s birth.

He’s just trying to butch things up a bit. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

I also think Bella being the name has more to do with Lauren being Italian (speaking of does anyone know how italian she is? I'm curious to know how much this might influence her name choices so I can up my game in the next round of guess the baby name :P )

I thought Lauren was part Guatemalan.

As far as I know Jeremy is the only EYE-talian Duggar-inlaw so far. Did I miss something? 

10 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

As others have mentioned, books are always a great choice. Usborne has some lovely ones with different textures that would be great for a 1-year-old ("That's not my llama/dinosaur/XY").

Having said that, our 15-month-old recently received a toy car which she absolutely adores. She shrieked of happiness when she unwrapped it. I don't know if you can get the brand Bobby Cars in the US, but they are really great. So sturdy they'll last a lifetime and also allow grandfathers to go for a short ride on them. Don't ask me how I know...

Edited by SweetJuly
repetitive word choices
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

58 minutes ago, SweetJuly said:

As far as I know Jeremy is the only EYE-talian Duggar-inlaw so far. Did I miss something? 

And isn't he only 1/4 Italian or so?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CheeseGirl said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Lauren got the idea for Bella's name from Twilight.  I don't know the Swanson's etiology into Fundieland.  It could be she was allowed to read/watch the movies  10 years ago. (which would make her prime age to be infatuated with it)  I don't know when the Swanson's upped their fundie game to get closer to the Duggar's echelon and got stricter with what was allowed.

Maybe quite a few fundie's are more familiar with the franchise than we have been led to believe.  Didn't Josie Bates have one of the songs from the movie played at her wedding?   

I know this isn't a Bates thread, but if she was allowed to indulge in all the teenage vampire romance, surely it may have been allowed by other, less prominent families as well

The writer was quite outspoken about not having any pre-marital sex in her books because she’s quite religious. As she’s Mormon, I’m not sure that would make fundies like the Duggars, Bates, and Swansons like her though. Still, I guess they could make this argument and say that although the books feature vampires, they at least have some “Christian morals”. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

On 11/11/2019 at 2:17 PM, Sky with diamonds said:

I think the baby is beautiful...I'm in two minds about the name. Too similar  to Annabelle. 

I hope the labour went well.

I have four cousins with the exact same first name. 

I think Americans make far too big a deal about the uniqueness of baby names. In any event Annabelle and Bella are two different names to me. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic