IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 15: The Drama Llama Rolls On

Coconut Flan
nelliebelle1197
Message added by nelliebelle1197

Hey Friends! Let's keep the Homeland Security raid talk here:

That way we all get ALL the gossip!

29 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Lauren probably wasn’t a big Twilight fan though.

Oh, I don't know. It's probable she never read it, but if she did, I think she might've enjoyed it quite a bit. All the drama and the "woe is me" sounds right up her alley.

On a serious note, I do hope that Lauren is able to get her head on straight for the sake of this child. I worry though that the stress of a newborn won't help her seemingly fragile mental health. 

• Upvote 17

In one of the promo videos (the one at the end of the first episode) they show Lauren having an ultrasound with the same doctor that Kendra had, so because of that I think she had a planned hospital birth. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 15
  • Thank You 2

47 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

And I’m going to hell, but the first thing I thought when I read that Lauren had a long and difficult labour was, “Of course she did.” I mean, I’m sure she actually did. But it was probably magnified x10 because, you know... Lauren.

Lol that is EXACTLY what I was thinking only because she seems like such a drama queen. But I didn't want to be the one to say it so thank you!

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

That baby is all Lauren. She even has her little cleft chin.

Maybe Siren's name theme will be ABC names ending in a. Asa, Bella, etc...

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

Good luck, Bella. Here's hoping your parents love you for being you and not an emotional bandage to heal from your sibling. 

I'm 29 and getting ready to move away from my family home and the guilt is crippling me, because I am an emotional bandage.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 29

The name is beyond tacky, IMO. Annabell & Bella?  They really couldn't come up with a girl name that doesn't sound like their sister's very recent tragic loss? I gave these kids the benefit of the doubt that Lauren was just really immature and devastated by her loss.  But this is over the top.

• Upvote 13
  • Confused 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

Are we going to be here in 15-20 years debating whether they’re going to get to Z? (Which would require exceptional fertility, multiple births, several miscarriages, or all of the above, none of which I would wish for them.)

• Upvote 18

I think the baby is beautiful...I'm in two minds about the name. Too similar  to Annabelle. 

I hope the labour went well.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

I knew they were going for the ABC names! I though they would choose a more religious one, like Bethany, though.

It's normal that she went to a hospital. Her sisters-in-law had had several bad experiences with homebirths. And she probably follows her mother's advice. And homebirths require a relaxed mother, while Lauren has been anxious and depressed. Homebirth was definitely not a good option for her.

Lauren, you have a baby to love, not to train. Enjoy. 

• Upvote 22

I don't think they're intentionally going for ABC. I think they wanted to give their rainbow baby a very meaningful name and I think it works, if a little literal. IF they do have ABC kids, it will make the guessing game more fun though!

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

Considering if Lauren might’ve been exposed to Twilight (no, IMO) makes me think of the time capsule episode of Parks and Recreation.

Some people didn’t want twilight in the time capsule because it had Christian themes (purity) and others didn’t want it included because it didn’t have Christian values (desire). A lot funnier than it sounds...

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

I told you she would arrive before the pregnancy announcement aired on TLC (tomorrow).

First thing I though when I saw the canula was C-section. If so I doubt they will get very far in the alphabet. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Screamapillar said:

That baby is all Lauren. She even has her little cleft chin.

Maybe Siren's name theme will be ABC names ending in a. Asa, Bella, etc...

Oooh, that would be fun to try to figure out. Especially for boy names. Cora or ... already drawing a blank. Chananya? Debra or Deluca. Elsa or Elisha. Fiona or ...? Georgia or Gedalya. Hanna or Hosea. Ida or Ira. J has endless possibilities, not all in use by their siblings. Julia and (ew) Joshua? And now we're already up to 10. But some of these seem kind of unlikely.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

First thing I though when I saw the canula was C-section. If so I doubt they will get very far in the alphabet. 

Michelle had Jana and JD via c section. 

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1

I had canulas with my vaginal births. One was “augmented” (waters broke but Labor didn’t progress, so they started a syntocin drip), the other two I’d tested positive for group B strep and they used it to give antibiotics. Plus my uterus didn’t contract properly afterwards so there was something they gave me to help that along. I don’t even remember. It all went in the cannula and I think when they were talking about blood loss and transfusions they might have been planning to use it for that too. Point was, I don’t think it’s sufficient evidence of a c-section.

Also, Bella Milagro is boringly predictable.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

She's cute!
Maybe Annabelle will go by Annie ? If not in the future there will be mass confusion. I know from experience with one of my cousins. 

• Confused 6
  • WTF 5

I kind of hate the name Bella. But to be fair, I'm in pet care, and when I hear the name Bella I see a poorly behaved shih tzu who "doesn't bite just nips" named Bella - oh but not that Bella you know the one with the Bow - no not the blue bow, the pink one. 

Seriously everyone names their dog Bella in this industry. 

In any case, I hope Lauren can handle the stress of having a newborn, and love her daughter for her who she is, not the brother she never was

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 8

Just now, SportsgalAnnie said:

She's cute!
Maybe Annabelle will go by Annie ? If not in the future there will be mass confusion. I know from experience with one of my cousins. 

Annabell was Joy's daughter who was still born. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

She's cute!

Annabelle is the name of the child Joy and Austin lost at 20 weeks. I don't think there will be much chance for confusion and i'm assuming Lauren wasn't thinking about that when she chose the name

Edited by Peaches-n-Beans
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I've never seen an IV insertion like Lauren's (anterior forearm).  Can any medical people explain why that would be used as opposed to the usual places? 

• Confused 1
  • Thank You 2

2 minutes ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

I kind of hate the name Bella. But to be fair, I'm in pet care, and when I hear the name Bella I see a poorly behaved shih tzu who "doesn't bite just nips" named Bella - oh but not that Bella you know the one with the Bow - no not the blue bow, the pink one. 

Seriously everyone names their dog Bella in this industry. 

In any case, I hope Lauren can handle the stress of having a newborn, and love her daughter for her who she is, not the brother she never was

I think of Bella as a dog's name as well. I used to shop at a now-defunct bookstore where the owner's dog, Bella, would hang out behind the corner. This was in the 1990s, before the Isabella/Bella baby name craze.

• Upvote 7

Just now, FloraDoraDolly said:

I think of Bella as a dog's name as well. I used to shop at a now-defunct bookstore where the owner's dog, Bella, would hang out behind the corner. This was in the 1990s, before the Isabella/Bella baby name craze.

I actually quire like Isabella or Isabelle but I cannot stand Bella. 100% would never use it as a nickname. I'd use "Isa," or "Izzie" if I needed a nickname

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I've never seen an IV insertion like Lauren's (anterior forearm).  Can any medical people explain why that would be used as opposed to the usual places? 

She may just not have great veins and there was a good one there. Labor and delivery nurses usually put it in the hands, though, because that placement is easier while pushing. However hand veins can be difficult to find, especially in an emergency situation. You also can’t put bigger IVs there, generally speaking. 
 I suspect things went bad, they may have needed IV access quickly, Lauren had a nice big vein right there, and a nurse popped it in.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 9

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic