Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Josiah and Lauren 15: The Drama Llama Rolls On

nelliebelle1197

Hey Friends! Let's keep the Homeland Security raid talk here:

 

That way we all get ALL the gossip!

Message added by nelliebelle1197

Recommended Posts

Glasgowghirl

I personally have decided that any child I have will not have a family name as a first name, on both sides of my family I counted 10 John's. My uncle and his ex used David for my cousin after my mum had named my brother that and she didn't mind, my uncles ex also had the same name as my mum too, that caused a lot of confusion. I wouldn't care if a friend or family member wanted to use the name I had already used but I prefer to leave family names as middle names. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nargus
2 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I personally have decided that any child I have will not have a family name as a first name, on both sides of my family I counted 10 John's. My uncle and his ex used David for my cousin after my mum had named my brother that and she didn't mind, my uncles ex also had the same name as my mum too, that caused a lot of confusion. I wouldn't care if a friend or family member wanted to use the name I had already used but I prefer to leave family names as middle names. 

I had no idea we used family names for our daughter, after we announced her name my grandma said ‘oh _____ was my favourite aunts name’ and for her middle name my MIL says ‘____ was hubby’s grandpa’s only sister’s name’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lumpentheologie

I have always wanted to use my grandmother's name for a daughter.  It's becoming increasingly popular lately as part of the old names trend.  If anyone in my circles names their baby that first and is offended by my kid having the same name, tough luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MoonFace
18 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

"We had been trying for quite awhile after the miscarriage, and when we found out we were expecting, literally we were shocked."

Wow. First off, a few months barely qualifies as 'quite awhile', and they were shocked that they were 'trying' to concieve and it happened? I guess I could see them being surprised it happened so soon, but the way this is worded sounds incredibly daft.

Also, literally they were shocked. Did somebody rub their sock feet on the carpet and then poke them the minute the positive test result came through?

What happened to leaving it up to God when they get pregnant?   If you are 'trying' that is taking matters into your own hands.   

 

18 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

"We had been trying for quite awhile after the miscarriage, and when we found out we were expecting, literally we were shocked."

Wow. First off, a few months barely qualifies as 'quite awhile', and they were shocked that they were 'trying' to concieve and it happened? I guess I could see them being surprised it happened so soon, but the way this is worded sounds incredibly daft.

Also, literally they were shocked. Did somebody rub their sock feet on the carpet and then poke them the minute the positive test result came through?

What happened to leaving it up to God when they get pregnant?   If you are 'trying' that is taking matters into your own hands.   

 

  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
OyToTheVey
6 hours ago, amendgitan said:

I have four cousins with the exact same first name. 

I think Americans make far too big a deal about the uniqueness of baby names. In any event Annabelle and Bella are two different names to me. 

This reminds me of: "Welcome to my home. Over here is my brother, Ted, and his wife, Melissa, and their children, Anita, Diane and Nick. Over here, my brother Tommy, his wife Angie, and their children, Anita, Diane and Nick. And here, my brother George, his wife Freda, and their children, Anita, Diane and Nick. Taki, Sophie, Kari, Nick, Nick, Nick, Nick, Nick, Nick, Nick, uh, Nikki, and I am Gus."

 

YES I GOOGLED THAT

  • Upvote 15
  • Haha 24
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spent
Satan'sFortress
18 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

I'm not a mom/grandmom, but I'm voting for Hans Christian Andersen fairy tales. 

Eek--I didn't mean to exclude non moms/grandmas.  I don't know why I worded it like that!  Thanks for the recommendation.  I wore out the HCA book we had as children.  ❤️

 

Thanks for all the suggestions!  Can't wait to go shopping for a little one again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DuggarJudger

I feel bad for every baby born into this c̶u̶l̶t̶ family, but this one has Josiah and Lauren as parents. That makes it so much worse. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nervous
Audrey2

Books that have been favorites of the little people in my life:

Llama, Llama Red Pajama

Little Blue Truck

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

If you are thinking about toys, I really like blocks.

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing
19 hours ago, SweetJuly said:

I thought Lauren was part Guatemalan.

That was Marjorie, Josiah’s ex. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giddy
SweetJuly
2 hours ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

That was Marjorie, Josiah’s ex. 

Oops :( 

Do you happen to know where the "Milagro" in Lauren's name comes from then? I assumed it was because her mother's family had some Latinx heritage and must have misremembered the exact nationality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peaches-n-Beans
14 minutes ago, SweetJuly said:

Oops :( 

Do you happen to know where the "Milagro" in Lauren's name comes from then? I assumed it was because her mother's family had some Latinx heritage and must have misremembered the exact nationality.

I thought this was her middle name because she was Italian...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pretzel
On 11/12/2019 at 1:03 PM, FluffySnowball said:

As far as I know, we have lots of dogs called Bello in Germany, but no Bellas. I can totally get, though, how a name you associate with something/someone else might not fit a baby anymore! 

From what I understand, if they went with a grammatically correct version of the meaning "beautiful miracle",  it should be Bello Milagro anyway? Correct me if I'm wrong. And Bello would sound a bit weird for a girl. Woof! 🐶

Edited by Pretzel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
FluffySnowball
4 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

From what I understand, if they went with a grammatically correct version of the meaning "beautiful miracle",  it should be Bello Milagro anyway? Correct me if I'm wrong. And Bello would sound a bit weird for a girl. Woof! 🐶

I think so but I’m not a native Spanish speaker. However, I’d consider Bello Milagro grammatically correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giddy
SweetJuly
38 minutes ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

I thought this was her middle name because she was Italian...

But milagro is Spanish. It would be miracolo in Italian.

To be honest, I'd never heard of the masculine word "el milagro" used as a girl's first name. The plural, Milagros, is a not uncommon female first name in Spanish-speaking countries. It's generally short for "María de los Milagros" (Mary of the Miracles) which is obviously one of the many names relating to the Virgin Mary, similar to "María de los Dolores", "María de los Remedios", "María del Pilar", etc. pp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VBOY9977
1 hour ago, Pretzel said:

From what I understand, if they went with a grammatically correct version of the meaning "beautiful miracle",  it should be Bello Milagro anyway? Correct me if I'm wrong. And Bello would sound a bit weird for a girl. Woof! 🐶

Native Spanish speaker here. Correct way is Milagro Bello. In Spanish we put adjectives last. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 15
  • Thank You 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pretzel
5 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Native Spanish speaker here. Correct way is Milagro Bello. In Spanish we put adjectives last. 

Thank you. I had a feeling this could be the case and frankly, Milagro Bello would've been a great name too. They could've called her Mila. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
singsingsing

Lauren is not part Italian, at least that I’ve ever heard. She’s a quarter Hispanic via her mother.

  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ali

A durable shopping cart is a great gift for a one year old. I will be sad to give away the shopping cart away when my youngest out grows it. 

A riding car is also a fun gift and books are always good. Sandra Boyton gets one year olds.

Edited by Ali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
OyToTheVey
2 hours ago, Ali said:

A durable shopping cart is a great gift for a one year old. I will be sad to give away the shopping cart away when my youngest out grows it. 

A riding car is also a fun gift and books are always good. Sandra Boyton gets one year olds.

My friends boys loved the shopping cart. At one point it was their favorite activity. She would set up a mini grocery story with Melissa and Doug food and they'd go to town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
viii
11 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Little Blue Truck

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

OMG the amount of times I read these two books to my nephew! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Screamapillar

Between 9 months - 18 months, both of my kids have been obsessed with shape sorting toys, stacking toys (like nesting cups), and Mega Blocks. My 14 month old son in particular loves Little People. I can sit him down with a dozen Little People and a couple of empty boxes and he will amuse himself for a solid 15 minutes or more putting them in and out of the boxes.

I usually gift the Classic BabyLit book collection for friend and family's new babies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea

I'm pretty sure Lauren's materal grandma is from either El Salvador or Honduras - I always forget, and Marjorie being part Guatemalan doesn't help!

Preeeeety sure it's Honduras?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
singsingsing
1 hour ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I'm pretty sure Lauren's materal grandma is from either El Salvador or Honduras - I always forget, and Marjorie being part Guatemalan doesn't help!

Preeeeety sure it's Honduras?

Lauren said she was part El Salvadoran but I’m not sure of the specifics regarding where individual family members came from - I haven’t heard of her having family from Honduras, but she might!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobology

IMO, the Little Blue Truck author is a genius. The illustrator is great, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea
13 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Lauren said she was part El Salvadoran but I’m not sure of the specifics regarding where individual family members came from - I haven’t heard of her having family from Honduras, but she might!

Nah, you're right. Her family history is like water through a sieve with me. Maybe because she's so boring. (Sorry not sorry, Lauren.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.