IGNORED

Gun Violence 3: Thoughts and Prayers Continue to be Insufficient

GreyhoundFan

On 1/15/2023 at 7:32 AM, Ozlsn said:

if the sheriff and prosecutor aren't interested in doing that then they should step aside.

They should be shoved aside for dereliction of duty. Why not hold these public officers to the same standard as everyone else?

If you or I refuse to do the job we’re paid for, we get fired. It’s that simple.

• Upvote 8

Some more info on that Indiana fuckstick who let his four year old kid play with a loaded handgun. 

The video shocked people nationwide over the weekend: a young child, caught on camera, playing with a loaded handgun.

Officers arrested 45-year-old Shane Osborne on Saturday night at Beech Meadow apartments, located on Diplomat Court near Churchman and Emerson avenues in Beech Grove.

During that night's police investigation, viewers nationwide saw the disturbing images of the little boy, in real time, because Beech Grove police are featured on a show called "On Patrol: Live," which airs on REELZ. 

A neighbor's Ring doorbell camera showed a diaper-clad 4-year-old, playing with a loaded gun.

They need to get that kid away from his mom too because she was defending Osborne. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Some more info on that Indiana fuckstick who let his four year old kid play with a loaded handgun. 

They need to get that kid away from his mom too because she was defending Osborne. 

These people are absolute morons. I can't even imagine their stupidity. Someone should put them in a locked room with someone waving a gun that might or might not have bullets in it. 

• Upvote 5

55 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

These people are absolute morons. I can't even imagine their stupidity. Someone should put them in a locked room with someone waving a gun that might or might not have bullets in it. 

Hell of it was that the gun actually did have bullets in it.  There were 15 bullets in the magazine but thank GOD none of them were chambered or that story would have ended much worse.  I hope since the sperm donor is a convicted felon he gets some felon in possession charges slapped on as well.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Hell of it was that the gun actually did have bullets in it.  There were 15 bullets in the magazine but thank GOD none of them were chambered or that story would have ended much worse.  I hope since the sperm donor is a convicted felon he gets some felon in possession charges slapped on as well.

I know so little of guns that I didn't realize they need to be chambered. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I know so little of guns that I didn't realize they need to be chambered. 

No problem. I don’t know a whole lot about them either. I know a fornicate of a lot more about cameras and computers. But based on what I know about firearms this would’ve ended a lot worse if a revolver was involved instead of the firearm this kid got a hold of.  

• Upvote 4

On 1/22/2023 at 4:58 AM, Ozlsn said:

Another celebration marred by another shooter.

It's so sad, and so exhausting.

This was a real odd incident. He didn't seem to "fit" the usual profile. It seems he was angry about not being invited to a dance thing? I wonder if it is some kind of affront to his honor, but then don't take it out on innocent people. My husband wondered if he might be suffering from dementia but in that case, why would let him be around guns. 

I'm going to read up more on this. 

ETA, his ex-wife was at this studio. So it was some rage/revenge thing. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At least this Brazilian yahoo only killed himself:

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 2

After what happened in Michigan Republicans can stick their thoughts and prayers where the sun doesn't shine.  And they can go straight to fucking hell too. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Sad, confronting reality for American children: chances are you will experience more than 1 mass shooting in your lives.

And yet, gun manufacturers financial gains will still win out over human lives every single time.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 4

18 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Sad, confronting reality for American children: chances are you will experience more than 1 mass shooting in your lives.

And yet, gun manufacturers financial gains will still win out over human lives every single time.

And because of the proximity of Oxford to MSU, several survivors of Oxford shooting (14 months ago) have now had their 2nd shooting at the school they attend.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/14/us/michigan-state-oxford-high-school-shootings/index.html

• Upvote 4

Fuck you, Republicans

A teenager was shot and killed in northwest Cedar Rapids on Saturday, according to officials.

In an update released Monday morning, police said the person shot and killed was a 16-year-old boy. They have not released his name.

The shooting happened at around 11:42 a.m. Saturday in the 1600 block of F Avenue NW. Officers arrived and located the teen who had been shot. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

No other information about the victim has been released.

I used to live a few blocks away from there.  Fucking ugh. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.9fd2b6dafa9e6b6557774c247f454ea8.png

What the fuck is wrong with the people at that school?  At least having the fucking intestinal backbone to check out the gun yourself if you're not sure it's real or not.  Better yet block off the restroom and call 911.  If something even remotely similar happened with the school my nieces will be going to the 47 will be pissed off. 

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.thumb.png.ea65d0ffff37eaa0903fe290e951f741.png

Ah yes, just what we need , a National Weapon of Mass Murder. Bill Introduced by Rep. Barry Moore of Alabama, Lauren Boebert, and George Santos, in case you want to know. Between this and McCarthy handing Capitol security tapes over to Fucker Carlson, it has been quite a week for the House of Representatives. 
I don’t know how on earth we will ever stop this insanity. Large swaths of the USA continue to support this. WHY??

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Becky said:

Large swaths of the USA continue to support this. WHY??

1. Gerrymandering and voter suppression make the group supporting this seem much larger than it actually is

2. Years-- decades even -- of Fox propaganda have indoctrinated many, if not most of the supporters

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Another mass shooting at a school;

• Angry 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thank You 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic