GreyhoundFan

You couldn’t make this up:

• WTF 10

Excellent video:

• Upvote 6

Love this:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

I was at a coffee shop in Nashville, and the walls were plastered with signs like these (under spoiler).  This coffee shop is about a mile from the school shooting location, and a mile in the other direction a couple of state representatives were ousted for protesting gun violence.  It’s an interesting city.

Spoiler

DD9161A1-C73F-49B3-BEFF-BFB21C3294C9.thumb.jpeg.0b91119c7bdfc945920bd222a812886e.jpeg

• Upvote 10

Fuck

There's a massive police presence between Market and Main near Slugger Field in downtown Louisville after a reported shooting. 

LMPD is asking the public to avoid downtown Louisville near Preston and Floyd during a shooting investigation on Main Street. 

According to LMPD's twitter account, there are multiple casualties after the shooting.

WDRB's Dalton Godbey reports seeing dozens of police cars and at least three ambulances leaving the scene. He also said LMPD Chief Jacquelyn Gwinn-Villaroel was on the scene.

• Sad 4
  • Thank You 2

More on Louisville 

At least four people have been killed in a shooting at a bank in Louisville, Kentucky, police said. At least eight people were transported to a hospital, and two police officers were shot, including one who is in critical condition. 

Police said they believe the shooter, who also died at the scene, was a "lone gunman" and a previous bank employee. The shooter used an AR-15-style rifle, a federal law enforcement source tells CNN.

Of course the fuck stick Republicans will say it’s not time to talk about gun control and instead want to push their culture war bullshit. 

• Upvote 7

I wish more states would do this. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

3 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Road rage shootings leave 5 year old, 14 year old injured - only one shooter charged.

I honestly don't get this. Both should be charged with negligent wounding (or whatever the equivalent is), along with dangerous driving for at one of them. You can't just shoot at another vehicle with occupants inside, ffs here.

I'm so over this country.  I really am.  We have these shootings but most government bodies do less than nothing.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

Reading an update on the Louisville shooting, and here is a quote:

"The mayor noted that, under Kentucky law, the gun used in Monday's mass shooting will one day be auctioned off and back on the street."

Good God.  That is simply horrifying.  Destroy it, and for the love of God - make it harder for people to purchase these weapons of mass murder!  I'm crying now.  Shit.  

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

These people are batshit crazy:

• WTF 11

More insanity:

• WTF 9

6 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

More insanity:

Try shooting at police and see if any laws are broken then.

Seriously this is going to kill delivery services because why would you risk it?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

America is devolving back into the Wild Wild West era again— except now people have weapons of war at their disposal.

This cannot end well.

• Upvote 11

I know I mentioned on another thread that I've just discovered Politicsgirl. Here is her take on school shootings. She speaks so powerfully sometimes I wonder if she's here on FreeJinger! The video is less than 5 minutes and I think it's excellent!

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

16 year old killed in road rage shooting.

He was in a car whose mirror sideswiped another car. The other driver turned around and shot at them.

The other driver should be charged with murder, IMHO. If you turn around to shoot someone - or block them in your driveway as in the Instacart example, or chase them down, or do anything that is not actually in self-defense in that moment then you are attacking, and the law should recognise that.

There's been a lot of discussion in some places about Robert Heinlen's "an armed society is a polite society" - but that was always 1. Science Fiction and 2. Had limits on when guns could be used.

• Upvote 8

There was a story in the last couple of days about a cranky old guy in Illinois who went out to complain to his neighbor about something.  The younger guy was using a leaf blower.  The older man shot the younger one in the head and killed him.  At least they've charged him with murder.

This is what we've come to.  You can just be out working on your yard and some fool with no sense and a gun can kill you.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Like I said, it’s the Wild West all over again.

• I Agree 6

• Angry 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 3

At this point I have to say it's not just the guns. The high velocity weapons don't help - not sure he could have killed 5 people with a handgun, although given enough time probably - but this is yet another example of behaviour that is so far from what I see as the norm it's bizarre. It's not just murdering people in response to a request, it's the firing off of high velocity weapons in an urban area, it's the utter entitlement of "it's my yard" - can you stop the bullets at the property line? -, it's the lack of any recognition that you live in a society and consideration of others is a factor. I sincerely hope he gets life because this guy is unfit to live in society at this point.

And I hope the police like this new, utterly polite armed society because if I lived in Texas or Florida or anywhere with nutjob neighbours I would be calling them Every. Single. Time. for crap like this as long as firearms are widely available.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

It's not just murdering people in response to a request, it's the firing off of high velocity weapons in an urban area, it's the utter entitlement of "it's my yard" - can you stop the bullets at the property line? -, it's the lack of any recognition that you live in a society and consideration of others is a factor.

I think that's the result they're going for.  They don't want anyone to ever tell them what to do.  Now we'll be afraid to tell the next door neighbor or the apartment dweller upstairs to turn down their music because they might be armed.  We can't try to merge in front of another car or bump into someone in a line at the store without being afraid they'll pull out a gun.  The gun nuts want us to be too afraid to confront them.   They want to have all the rights and the rest of us to have none.  

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I'm ready for the alien overlords to come down and start thinning the herd of all the troublemakers.  It doesn't seem as if the politicians have the spines to try and do anything.

• Upvote 7

11 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I would be calling them Every. Single. Time. for crap like this as long as firearms are widely available

And then you'd be cited for annoyance.

• Upvote 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic