IGNORED

Gun Violence 3: Thoughts and Prayers Continue to be Insufficient

GreyhoundFan

My husband called to let me know about this horrific event.  I’m in Nashville and was walking near this site a few days ago.  I see Marsha Blackburn is offering her usual ineffectual thoughts and prayers.  😥  

• Upvote 7

On Faux, of all places... "Aren't you tired of reporting on this?" 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

The Columbine and Virginia Tech shooting happened on two of my immediate family member's birthdays, today I got the Covenant shooting. Given enough time, every American will have mass shooting that coincides with their birthday, it's only a question of whether that fact is viewed as tragic, or the price paid for free access to firearms*. American exceptionalism?

The people proudly wearing AR-15 lapel pins and those who react with thoughts and prayers™ will argue nothing could have prevented today's tragedy. I've even seen people blaming "lack of God/prayer in schools" for the murder of people in a private Christian school named Covenant

*just to be clear, a calendar full of mass shooting anniversaries is tragic.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

On Faux, of all places... "Aren't you tired of reporting on this?" 

I can't believe Faux aired that. I wanted to reach through the screen and applaud that woman. I'm so mad I'm crying. It just keeps happening over and over and over and over and over again. It's happened twice in recent years in my own area, one at our municipal center and the other at a Walmart, both of them literally just down the road from me in different directions. This latest one is where a lot of my father's family live. I'm just grateful they're all older and don't have children in school anymore, and none of them are teachers, so I don't have to wonder if a cousin was among the victims. I can't imagine the hell people are going through right now waiting to hear.😢

My daughter manages a big chain grocery store in a major metro area in my state. My son lives in a midwestern state capital and teaches and coaches, some of which he does in a private Catholic school. Will this happen to one of them next? I already worry about them in general because it's what parents do. But parents shouldn't have to worry about their children being gunned down in a fucking school building or grocery store, or anywhere else, whether their children are 8 or 12 or 31 or 34... . I just want to scream at someone. But no one who could DO something about all this is listening.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

My FB memories noted it was 5 years since me and my youngest two went on the Montreal March for Our Lives on 24th March 2018. 

• Sad 10

I heard some one once say that if the dead first graders at Sandy Hook didn't move people enough to change gun laws, they'd never be changed.  I'm horrified to realize that they were correct.  How has it come to this?  How many children will die before someone will at least tighten up gun laws?  Instead, we have states now that think it's okay for children to carry guns (Missouri).

I'm just so sad and defeated by yet another school shooting.   And as @Loveday points out, nowhere is safe.  You can be shot in a grocery store or a church or anywhere.  These second amendment loving fools make me furious.

• I Agree 15

I see Empty Gee has weighed in blaming gun free zones and simultaneously claiming children in schools should be protected as much as politicians are. Pick one Marge - either make CPAC a free fire zone or start looking at gun regulation.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

The congressman for the area where the shooting happened:

2 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I see Empty Gee has weighed in blaming gun free zones and simultaneously claiming children in schools should be protected as much as politicians are. Pick one Marge - either make CPAC a free fire zone or start looking at gun regulation.

This is the crap she’s shoveling. She can’t even get much vs. many right. Of course her acolytes don’t know the difference, nor do they care.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 8

I couldn’t find much on Marge’s theory, but everything I saw used she/her/Audrey, so if she was transitioning to female, then she probably wasn’t taking testosterone. Margie doesn’t have the critical thinking skills god gave an amoeba.

She also didn’t murder those children and adults with a knife (hunting or butter), a baseball bat, a Jewish space laser, or a fucking Kia. She used a gun. So yeah, I am going to blame guns and our dumb ass laws that allow people with emotional issues to easily obtain them. 

Thoughts and prayers…

• Upvote 12

2 hours ago, AnywhereButHere said:

I couldn’t find much on Marge’s theory, but everything I saw used she/her/Audrey, so if she was transitioning to female, then she probably wasn’t taking testosterone. Margie doesn’t have the critical thinking skills god gave an amoeba.

She also didn’t murder those children and adults with a knife (hunting or butter), a baseball bat, a Jewish space laser, or a fucking Kia. She used a gun. So yeah, I am going to blame guns and our dumb ass laws that allow people with emotional issues to easily obtain them. 

Thoughts and prayers…

News reports are contradictory but it looks like family and friends refer to the shooter with female pronouns and she is identified in an 2015 art school graduation as female. Law enforcement is now saying transgender and using male pronouns. So my assumption would be female to male BUT likely very recent in terms of transition/identity and too soon to speculate as to hormones and medical procedures. 

Also. Guns. Agreeing the focus should be there.

Edited by noseybutt
  • Upvote 8

What does the gender preference of a murderer have to do with the price of butter? 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

So if I got that right Marge thinks that people with high levels of testosterone shouldn't have access to guns because they might be aggressive? Surprisingly progressive from her, can't wait till her base works it out...

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 10

Yes! Enough with the pussyfooting around. Just say it out loud and confront them with their guilt.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I disagree. It’s not that the country is unable to do anything at all to stop gun violence. It’s that they’re unwilling to do anything at all to stop gun violence. Which is infinitely worse.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

On 3/27/2023 at 5:43 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

The congressman for the area where the shooting happened:

This is the crap she’s shoveling. She can’t even get much vs. many right. Of course her acolytes don’t know the difference, nor do they care.

What a festive Christmas picture 🙄. Nothing says the holidays and Jesus better than guns. 

• Upvote 6

This is disgusting:

• Angry 2
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 5

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This is disgusting:

Maybe until something happens to them or a loved one, then they will care, but I hold out little faith. They have a god, the almighty gun. 

• Upvote 5

Totally disgusting.

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic