IGNORED

Lori Alexander 70: Blaspheming the Word of God

1 minute ago, Curious said:

Are single women just supposed to carry a platter of bacon around with them everywhere they go in hopes of catching a [godly] man?

If it is really, really crispy bacon, they will catch me (hetro woman)...until the crispy, crispy bacon is gone!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Curious said:

Are single women just supposed to carry a platter of bacon around with them everywhere they go in hopes of catching a [godly] man?

If you've read any of the Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum books, you know what happened when Stephanie's sidekick, Lula, went on a low-carb diet and was carrying bacon around in her purse.  Every dog in Trenton, NJ was following her around town.

• Haha 16

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

I'd LOVE that too! 

Here you are, sunset from beautiful Victoria, British Columbia. A glass of red and a glass of white, your choice. Me and my daughter, who isn’t a virgin and she has a shit-ton of student loan debt. No tattoos, yet, and she seems to attract one man. 

I hope there’s some wine and laughter in your days. 

A602D51B-15F2-4A62-9ABB-E040F374E30E.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Love 15

14 minutes ago, Curious said:

ISTR a fast-food commercial with a woman putting said restaurant’s promoted bacon concoction in her purse(and yes, it brought all the boys to the yard). 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

There are usually only two occasions for which I cook bacon - when I have a nice fresh garden tomato and I make BLTs for dinner; or when we have overnight guests and I make a large breakfast. And when I do “cook” bacon, I buy the precooked stuff and microwave it. Works for us and if last night is any indication, USMCDAD is still very attracted to me, even though I did not wear a sundress yesterday. *wink wink*

And speaking of bacon....

Warning: thread drift ahead. Do you all have go-to meals for company?  Now that we have moved to the Nashville area, we have quite a few overnight guests and we love it. To save planning, I have been doing the same breakfast each time (no spreadsheet though. Heh): coffee, juice and a tray of small pastries for nibbling until we get breakfast on the table; loaded scrambled eggs with ham and cheese, sausage crescent roll bites, bacon and a large bowl of mixed fresh fruit. I also have yogurt in the fridge and breads for toasting for those who want a lighter option. 

Am I too Maxwellish for doing the same breakfast for each set of guests? Please say no. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 5

22 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Am I too Maxwellish for doing the same breakfast for each set of guests? Please say no. 

It sounds like you're offering quite a few choices. Even if it were the same guests over and over again, I would say no, not Maxwellish. 

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
made mistake
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 14

3 hours ago, usmcmom said:

My husband loves me to make my freshly ground whole wheat bread for him so I have been doing this for years. I make a large salad almost every day for us to eat with my homemade salad dressing.

She describes that salad dressing like it's a 5 course meal, not a salmonella incubator. Like it's some achievement of homemaking, not a 2 minute "effort". 

Edited by Cora Persephona
additional thoughts
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 7

48 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

If it is really, really crispy bacon, they will catch me (hetro woman)...until the crispy, crispy bacon is gone!

Don't fall for it! It's a trap!! LOL 

28 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Do you all have go-to meals for company?  Now that we have moved to the Nashville area, we have quite a few overnight guests and we love it.

I have go to dinners for guests. Usually Italian -- some kinds of pasta, sausage and meatballs, crusty bread and salad. 

If it's a more casual meal (like a Friday night kind of thing). I made really good homemade pizza (if I do say so myself)...I'll make a couple with different toppings and then a big salad (OOPS...sorry) lol 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

42 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Warning: thread drift ahead. Do you all have go-to meals for company?  Now that we have moved to the Nashville area, we have quite a few overnight guests and we love it. To save planning, I have been doing the same breakfast each time (no spreadsheet though. Heh): coffee, juice and a tray of small pastries for nibbling until we get breakfast on the table; loaded scrambled eggs with ham and cheese, sausage crescent roll bites, bacon and a large bowl of mixed fresh fruit. I also have yogurt in the fridge and breads for toasting for those who want a lighter option. 

It depends. Are you replacing the ham/sausage/bacon with beans because you can't taste the difference? Do you leave the paper on the cheese?

If no, I think you're safe. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

35 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

It sounds like you're offering quite a few choices. Even if it were the same guests over and over again, I would say no, not Maxwellish. 

So far, we have had no repeat visitors. Now that I think about it, that may speak poorly of us. Heh. We have only been here a year; so, hopefully people will return.  

9 minutes ago, Cora Persephona said:

It depends. Are you replacing the ham/sausage/bacon with beans because you can't taste the difference? Do you leave the paper on the cheese?

If no, I think you're safe. ?

Crap! I could have left plastic on the cheese and watched as hilarity ensued. Next time....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

New video up on IVF. Sounds like there was some discussion in chat room.  Instead of the topic, these were my observations:

• Lori is still looking disheveled like something is wrong. 
  • she is slurring many words. In the very beginning (around .07 second mark) I had to repeat a section many times to see if I was hearing what I was hearing.  She was attempting to say "discussing" I think, but it sure sounded like "disgusting" I repeated it over and over again, but it still sounded the same. Anyone else hearing that? Maybe I'm misinterpreting. 
  • She says she never was infertile and none of her family and "none of her children" have been infertile. Wait? hasn't she been making a big deal of Alyssa's seven years of infertility? she may not have had IVF, but she was certainly infertile by her own admission. Losing it cognitively by the day. 
  • Near the end she mentions using modern medicine for her brain tumor. She kinda mumbles a bit but it sounds like she said "brain cancer."  Did she have brain cancer? I could be wrong, but I seem to recall it was a benign tumor, just difficultly located, hence the Cyberknife treatment. I could be wrong. 
  • She looks like she is in need of sleep desperately.
  • Not trying to read too much into it, but she appears to still be on a rapid decline, and Ken's illness didn't help. 

I don't like her and I think she has awful, hateful views and gives a distorted view of Christianity, but I wish to God someone would have her evaluated and get her some help. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 14

4 hours ago, usmcmom said:

This is how Lori “cooks.” She bakes bread and puts a salad on the table. The smell of hot bread is heavenly but the smell of a salad???  My husband has never walked in the door and said “Is that salad I smell? You are too good to me, Honey!”

Side note: Earlier in the summer, we toured the Jack Daniels Distillery. I was SEVERELY sad when they did not offer us homemade hot rolls after we walked through the building that smelled like a bakery. I mean, that smell of the hot yeast made it seem like we were in Grandma’s kitchen. But did I get any bread? NO. No, I did not. 

We toured Makers Mark, Barrel House, and Buffalo Trace this summer. DH only went to the gift shop at Jack Daniels. At makers they let is stick our fingers in the yeasty goodness for a  taste. 

Also- your breakfast sounds amazing. 

I love crispy bacon but don’t love the way the house smells afterwards. 

Edited by Frog99
  • Upvote 9

33 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

We toured Makers Mark, Barrel House, and Buffalo Trace this summer. DH only went to the gift shop at Jack Daniels. At makers they let is stick our fingers in the yeasty goodness for a  taste. 

Also- your breakfast sounds amazing. 

I love crispy bacon but don’t love the way the house smells afterwards. 

I worked for 20+ years in one of those Buffalo Trace warehouses when it housed state government. The HVAC was so bad, we called it the shit hole. 

Edited by sixcatatty
  • Upvote 5

7 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

That reminds of a conversation I had with a group of my school mom friends.   Two of them related a story about how their young daughters (they were 1st or 2nd grade age at the time) found their devices.  One told how her daughter found her realistic looking vibrator and was using it like a microphone while lip syncing to some disney song.   When the mom caught her, she's like "what are you doing" and the young daughter said "I found this microphone in your drawer."   The other, similarly, said she found her young daughter holding her vibrator and rubbing it all over her face. When confronted she said she was giving herself a facial massage with mommy's "spa tool."

We all had a good laugh, and they found better hiding places.  But I said, the most hysterical part was going to be when, many years hence, and the girls were sitting in HS  or college Physics class or in the middle of some mundane ordinary thing, and they were going to have a sudden memory of those incidents. The light bulb will go off and they will be horrified (in a funny way) not only of what they were doing, but the fact that mommy had that in her nightstand drawer.  I told them to start saving up for therapy now....lol

I told my adult daughter to go look for something in my nightstand.  She looked in ZeebaHubby's nightstand where we keep all the toys.  She was definitely more embarrassed than me!

• Haha 15
  • Love 1

I'll take "Things that Never Happened" for 500, Alex

never_happened.JPG.d928cd78fc7c4fe272b9057b7bdcf764.JPG

Actually, I did know a girl who got attention for every male in high school, but it was mostly because she fawned all over them, and they LOVED it.  Either this lady who commented has a warped perspective of her interactions with other people, or she is sending out serious signals that attract men.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

On 9/9/2019 at 10:43 AM, church_of_dog said:

Reading "Banana Sluts" couldn't help but remind me of Banana Slugs, which led me to the video of a favorite novelty song by the Austin Lounge Lizards.

If you listen carefully you'll hear several lyrics appropriate for a Lori thread, including "slime" and "slather". :my_tongue:

Enjoy!

PS -- This is the UC Santa Cruz Fight Song! :happy-cheerleaderkid:

That has got to be the greatest fight song  ever!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I'd say no, but I can eat the same food for every meal in a day and for days on end so I might not be the best judge.   It works great until suddenly I no longer what that thing and switch.  Then my poor husband has to switch his routine shopping list.

• Upvote 11

There are usually only two occasions for which I cook bacon - when I have a nice fresh garden tomato and I make BLTs for dinner; or when we have overnight guests and I make a large breakfast. And when I do “cook” bacon, I buy the precooked stuff and microwave it. Works for us and if last night is any indication, USMCDAD is still very attracted to me, even though I did not wear a sundress yesterday. *wink wink*

oh man! Now I want BLTs. I LOVE BLTs. My dad rarely made dinner (different time period and he farmed after teaching full-time during the day) one of the dinners he would make was BLTs. Great memory. 

Company meals - first not maxwellian on the breakfast. Another quick option for breakfast is a quiche with side of fruit. Dinners - depends on how many, but I make a spaghetti bake, sloppy joes (especially if kids are involved, and I use Hawaiian rolls), a simple (everything I make is simple) a chicken pesto over egg noodles (can be changed for what you like, risotto would be good; i've never tried to make risotto) - here is the recipe - thaw boneless, skinless chicken breasts, put in baking dish, brush on pesto (I buy pesto from the spaghetti sauce aisle in the grocery store), put one slice of tomato on each breast, sprinkle with mozzarella (or slice fresh from the ball) bake 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes until chicken is done. Server over egg noodles, pasta or risotto. 

10 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

I'll take "Things that Never Happened" for 500, Alex

never_happened.JPG.d928cd78fc7c4fe272b9057b7bdcf764.JPG

Actually, I did know a girl who got attention for every male in high school, but it was mostly because she fawned all over them, and they LOVED it.  Either this lady who commented has a warped perspective of her interactions with other people, or she is sending out serious signals that attract men.

I smile all the time. I go dancing with my friends and I never get picked up. I am pretty sure it is because I have a friendly vibe and "not interested" all at the same time. I agree either this didn't happen or she is sending out signals to get attention. 

• Upvote 8

Even married I got ignored like I didn't exist. Fine with me now. No desire to put myself out there anymore. I'm determined to give off "leave me the fuck alone" vibes to persons of the opposite sex. 

Hair transformation appointment next Tuesday at 10 am. Cut (not much), color and actual STYLE for once. Tired of looking like I have a mop that looks like hair on my head. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 20

@SongRed7,  I can pretty much guarantee you that Lori did not have brain cancer.  The survival rate for most brain cancers are absolutely abysmal.  In fact, neuro oncologists don't talk about cure rates, but survival rates.  The average survival time for glioblastoma is a little over a year after diagnosis.  Glioblastoma is the type of brain cancer that took Senators John McCain and Ted Kennedy, Joe Biden's son Beau and will probably take my sister.  She's coming up on three years survival and I hope she has many more years,  but eventually she will almost certainly succumb to glioblastoma.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 19

2 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@SongRed7,  I can pretty much guarantee you that Lori did not have brain cancer.  The survival rate for most brain cancers are absolutely abysmal.  In fact, neuro oncologists don't talk about cure rates, but survival rates.  The average survival time for glioblastoma is a little over a year after diagnosis.  Glioblastoma is the type of brain cancer that took Senators John McCain and Ted Kennedy, Joe Biden's son Beau and will probably take my sister.  She's coming up on three years survival and I hope she has many more years,  but eventually she will almost certainly succumb to glioblastoma.

According to Lori and Ken, her tumors were benign.  Unless something has changed...

• Upvote 9

3 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Hair transformation appointment next Tuesday at 10 am. Cut (not much), color and actual STYLE for once. Tired of looking like I have a mop that looks like hair on my head. 

It is so nice to read that you are doing something for yourself next week. I hope you find at least a little joy in your day.  

You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I wish I could tell you how your marriage and your journey have inspired me. I am sending all the love and hugs I can send through my keyboard. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 7

Ok - I'm really worried about the potential immodesty of the bacon platter.  I mean, one presents the platter at about chest level. Isn't it just yet another (eye) trap??? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 18

Yes. Breakfast is scrambled eggs with cheese and fresh baked scones. 

Summer go to company dinner: Grilled brats purchased at the local meat market which come in about 40 flavors, homemade mac & cheese and garden veggies. 

Winter dinner: Soup (kind depends on the company), cut fresh veggies, and beer bread from a mix (Colorado Beer Bread from Timber Peaks Gourmet, you can order it online; it's really awesome!)

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

New video up on IVF. Sounds like there was some discussion in chat room.  Instead of the topic, these were my observations:

• Lori is still looking disheveled like something is wrong. 
  • she is slurring many words. In the very beginning (around .07 second mark) I had to repeat a section many times to see if I was hearing what I was hearing.  She was attempting to say "discussing" I think, but it sure sounded like "disgusting" I repeated it over and over again, but it still sounded the same. Anyone else hearing that? Maybe I'm misinterpreting. 
  • She says she never was infertile and none of her family and "none of her children" have been infertile. Wait? hasn't she been making a big deal of Alyssa's seven years of infertility? she may not have had IVF, but she was certainly infertile by her own admission. Losing it cognitively by the day. 
  •  

-Yes, she very clearly says that neither she nor any of her children were infertile.  Strange, because here's a video she made 5 months ago, on how she dealt with her daughter's infertility:

I heard the part where you think she was saying "disgusting" instead of "discussing", and I'm hearing the same thing you are.  She's definitely saying "disgusting".  

Finally, she is looking more wild eyed and disheveled by the day.  Her hair is going every which way, and she doesn't even seem to be aware of it.  Usually, I wouldn't say anything, but she made an entire post about how women should be called out when they aren't looking good.

Also, I lost all sympathy for her when she posted the pic of her son's classmates, to show her fan girls how immodest they all were.

n1.PNG.e7481f1a9db4e4522a5b0e07113b2552.PNG

Edited by Koala
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic