IGNORED

Lori Alexander 69: cold, angry, mean and racist

54 minutes ago, Liza said:

lori.JPG.1c785e235d59ee7f17d9463d7e9941d4.JPG

OMG!                                

Just another way from Lori to shame women. "See, your sons turned to massmudereres and domestic terrorists because you drove away the fathers of them. It's all your fault". But since in Loriworld the father would be working 3 jobs to feed the family, how can they be able to teach their sons anything. They are only home to eat, sleep and knock up mom.

• Upvote 17

1 hour ago, Liza said:

lori.JPG.1c785e235d59ee7f17d9463d7e9941d4.JPG

OMG!                                

As a responder on Twitter pointed out: Other countries have fatherless children, video games, mental health issues, are less religious than the US and yet the US is the only one that has this many mass shootings.   It is a gun issue.

Not to say fathers aren't important, but the two issues are not related.  I believe the two that shot up Columbine HS both had fathers.  Others didn't.  What about these cases:  (all from conservative, homeschooled families) https://maven.io/beingliberal/room/white-guys-who-were-home-schooled-by-christian-conservatives-keep-killing-people-uLyhmCgMCUesaNUPAMwr9Q/

Reports say the Dayton shooter this week was a far leftist. The one in El Paso was far right.   There are always going to be people on the far fringes of society, mental illness, etc.  What they all have in common in access to high powered firearms. 

I grew up in a rural area with family that hunted. No one wants to take away hunting rifles, etc. But no one needs a high-powered assault type weapon of mass destruction.   We may never be able to curb gun violence 100% but we can certainly reduce the risk. How come other countries can figure this out, but we can't? We aren't that special. 

• Upvote 17
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

As a responder on Twitter pointed out: Other countries have fatherless children, video games, mental health issues, are less religious than the US and yet the US is the only one that has this many mass shootings.   It is a gun issue.

Not to say fathers aren't important, but the two issues are not related.  I believe the two that shot up Columbine HS both had fathers.  Others didn't.  What about these cases:  (all from conservative, homeschooled families) https://maven.io/beingliberal/room/white-guys-who-were-home-schooled-by-christian-conservatives-keep-killing-people-uLyhmCgMCUesaNUPAMwr9Q/

And let's not forget the San Diego synagogue shooter a few months back (and how terrible is it that we have so many examples to choose from) -- intact, very religious family, homeschooled till high school.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 4

I wish I wasn't banned on Lori's FB...I would post this, from another person on Twitter.  ken is over there now  spreading the false statistic that 26/27 had no fathers.   This is more fake news. As I said earlier...some had no father, some came from conservative Christian homes, etc.  There is a LOT of variability.  Anyone who wants to make it about one issue is just trying to make a scapegoat out of a very complex issue.  But what they all have in common is guns.  Not that it will make any difference, but Lori and Ken are going to believe whatever false narrative they want to believe because we all know they do that day in, day out, but it would be nice if someone could at least post this. Very compelling.   And for the record, I believe fathers are important.  But sometimes for a variety of reasons (death, they are assholes and leave, the mom is an asshole and kicks them out/refuses them access to the kids, etc) the dad isn't present and that doesn't automatically turn them into homicidal mass killers. 

https://wilcfry.com/blogs/verily/archives/2644

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Further update on Pearl, and she is pitiful indeed.  I wish I could come up with a snarky comeback, but I've got nothing beyond the sincere hope that Pearl has no children, and never, ever, has any.  

ETA:  And since lightning-finger Lori hasn't deleted that in the intervening hours, I think we can assume that she's at least OK with forcing children to endure even extremely high fevers, and making no attempt to ease their suffering.  I know Lori has already addressed the fever subject, but even she didn't say Tylenol should never be given, no matter what.  Never mind that Ms. Hypocrite Lori has had medical care for her own problems.  

8239048.jpg

Those quotes from Pearl are interesting.  I had an appointment with my hematologist today and we cannot connect my low platelet count with anything. (She asked me if I was an IV drug user and I told her I couldn't find a vein on myself if offered a million dollars.)

She then asked if I took ibuprofen. I admitted that i popped Motrin 800s like candy when I was on my period. She asked me to ease off the Motrin for 2 months and then come back in for bloodwork to see what that does to my platelets. Tylenol is okay, she said. 

Just wanted to share with you all if your bloodwork is wonky. 

Sidenote- my hemoglobin was high enough to give blood! Type O heroes let me hear you!!

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Just another way from Lori to shame women. "See, your sons turned to massmudereres and domestic terrorists because you drove away the fathers of them. It's all your fault". But since in Loriworld the father would be working 3 jobs to feed the family, how can they be able to teach their sons anything. They are only home to eat, sleep and knock up mom.

I was thinking the same thing. How can a dad with 2-3 jobs be around for his children?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

5 hours ago, AuntKrazy said:

This includes the healing that is present through treatment and medicine.  These are evidences of the grace of God and the ability to use people to heal other people, including through medicine and surgery

Wasn’t Luke supposed to be a physician? And didn’t even Jesus once have to resort to spit-n-mud medicine to heal a blind man? (how interesting is that!)

Yet another example of how taking the old genesis myth as actual literal history is just so dangerous. And if you read it, god actually hardly cursed anything, it just got weedy and painful to give birth. The extent to which fundagelicals apply “the curse” is ridiculous, beginning with Paul. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

It's not only Lori loosing it, this is Ken on his scruffy horse of Truth

IMG_20190808_002250.thumb.jpg.29a867d51f08ef86018ffbffe0d2b017.jpg

This is under Lori's post about fatherless mass shooters. I don't understand what he's getting at ? is he saying that the beating does not harm the child, or that it's a wonder if some of the children turn ok? 

Now there are comments about how important the father is and he needs to be home, when it usually is: the father has to provide even if he needs to work three jobs.

Ken him self was kind of absent father, according to Lori he was traveling six months of the year when their children were small. 

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 4

No, Lori. God did not make this command. And it’s not a command. It is instruction written to Titus that would assist in establishing the church in Crete- where there were false teachers and prophets and legalism . Women working outside of the home is not prohibited anywhere in the Bible, and it does not blaspheme the word of God. 

You, Lori, are what Titus cautions against- legalistic teachings and unsound doctrine. And you aren’t teaching anything. 

Spoiler

CC2D6D8B-8E35-4AC0-97D3-16C00F40A936.thumb.png.83a2311b25ee5847fd298075c65d1201.png

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

With all these shootings it's a new round of this wouldn't happen if "they prayed in school, disciplined their kids, etc". And now it's fatherlessness. I believe father's are very important. Parents in general are important. However, it's not going to make things magically better. Personally, I've found the quality of the relationship and access to resources often have more of an impact on child development. 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mass-shooters-fatherless-us/

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

More from the cognitive dissonance department. A woman asks Lori on yesterday's 'Merry Heart' blog post about wearing makeup. She feels makeup is wrong, that it hides a woman's natural beauty and 'covers God's glory.' She asks,' Lori, what is your opinion on makeup? Is there ever a time where wearing makeup is excusable? I’d love to hear from you!'

Lori's reply:

I see no problems with wearing make up, Christina. We must be careful about making up rules that are not found in Scripture. Yes, our true beauty should come from within but wearing a bit of makeup is fine, especially if one’s husband prefers it!

My first instinct is to laugh my head off at such a blatant lack of self-awareness, but the more I think about it, the less funny it is.  I'm just about at the point with Lori where I really do think something is seriously wrong with her, and it's getting dangerously worse. :pb_confused: Ken--or someone else in her family--needs to stage a health intervention now, before it's too late.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

How can a dad with 2-3 jobs be around for his children?

I guess just his magical presence because Menz are special. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Ken--or someone else in her family--needs to stage a health intervention now, before it's too late.

Ken?  Ha!  I think he enjoys the peace and quiet when Lori's not bitching at him nonstop.  The only way he's going to do anything for/about her is if he suffers some direct, real-life consequences of her bullshit, or maybe if she deteriorates to the point of needing placement, in a nursing home or something, and he can wash his hands of her. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Ken?  Ha!  I think he enjoys the peace and quiet when Lori's not bitching at him nonstop.  The only way he's going to do anything for/about her is if he suffers some direct, real-life consequences of her bullshit, or maybe if she deteriorates to the point of needing placement, in a nursing home or something, and he can wash his hands of her. 

Yeah, that's why I qualified my comment with 'someone else in her family.' Because I think her aunts, at least, are aware of her problems and could possibly do something if it came to that point, or could get the ball rolling if they themselves aren't in a position to do anything. I just don't see Ken being one of those selfless (hahahaha!) husbands who would drop everything else and do for Lori the sort of physical care things necessary when a person's mind becomes affected by dementia/Alzheimer's/or whatever it is that may ail her, such as that brain tumor. I think he'd be completely useless at emotional care as well. He'd be on the phone to the nearest assisted living/nursing home facility so fast Lori's already addled brain would spin even more. :pb_confused:

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I think the morning devotions and cuddling are made up in her pea brain.  To keep a bit of sanity, Ken has moved into a separate part of the house, they don't share the same bathroom or bedroom, they don't go into the kitchen at the same time.  She goes to bed when the sunsets.  He stays up later.  He probably has a locked door on his home office and wears headphones, and has a recliner, a big screen tv where he can watch what he wants in silence.

How does she get transported to Door County?  Can you imagine being on a plane with her?  Unless they go on a private jet.

And, finally, did you see Mr. Athiests video on her last night when he put her into warp speed talking.  It was quite entertaining.

Edited by wallysmommy
ETA: New thought. I heard a commercial for phone detox rehab. She needs blogging rehab. She is truly addicted.
  • Upvote 13
  • Love 2

22 hours ago, Loveday said:

Meanwhile, in today's post, Lori discusses merry countenances and ways to avoid looking like a grump. " It’s a matter of what we dwell upon," she says. "If we feed upon the news, soap operas, and the filth in our culture, we will never have a merry heart."  

I haven't seen a recent photo of Lori where she DOESN'T look like a grump. She dwells upon all those things and spends nearly all of her time focusing on what other women do. If she has a heart, it's certainly not anything remotely resembling "merry". 

23 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Is medicine now biblical or a potion, or maybe both? Just asking to change my jobtitle tomorrow, because biblical witch of pharmakeia sounds way better then ust pharmaceutical technician (or pharmazeutisch- technische Assistentin - PTA for short - in german) :D

That would be amazing on a business card. 

Also, if this woman thinks medicine is a potion and therefore is against it, is she also against all the woo concoctions as well? Because the majority of them ARE the actual sort of "potion" the old woman in the village (who was rumored to be a witch) would make. Do they not realize where medicines come from? So many of them originated with those traditional "woo" style remedies - the ones that worked were examined, and the active ingredients discovered, purified, and improved upon.

I bet this woman would reblog articles about the dangerous chemical dihydrogen monoxide.

2 hours ago, Loveday said:

My first instinct is to laugh my head off at such a blatant lack of self-awareness, but the more I think about it, the less funny it is.  I'm just about at the point with Lori where I really do think something is seriously wrong with her, and it's getting dangerously worse. :pb_confused: Ken--or someone else in her family--needs to stage a health intervention now, before it's too late.

Lori's entire world revolves around making up rules that aren't found (or supported, at least) in scripture. She is constantly taking something written in the bible at a certain time to a certain people, and declaring it "the law". For other people, of course. Lori does whatever she wants.

She's shown a lack of self-awareness for a long time, but really it's gone way past hypocritical and into ridiculous (Ken: that's how it's spelled). If Lori was a character in a movie, she'd be the comic relief without even knowing it. 

Maybe at some point she'll decide wi-fi and cell phone signals are causing her to be sick and will go offline. Once she's declined enough to forget her constant focus on "going viral", that is. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

How about that mass murder in 1966 at the University of Texas? What do you meanthere were no mass murders back then? Bull.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

I remember reading through old newspapers from the 1930s, when doing a college research paper, and finding a news item about a 13 year old boy in Oklahoma deliberately shooting and killing his father. Clearly he wasn't fatherless or addicted to video games. I don't recall if the father was abusive, or if it said why the son shot his dad, but I definitely put that anecdote on my list of ways "the good old days" weren't all that good. This was while I was deconstructing all the fundie crap I had been indoctrinated with, so it stood out.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Loveday said:

Yeah, that's why I qualified my comment with 'someone else in her family.' Because I think her aunts, at least, are aware of her problems and could possibly do something if it came to that point, or could get the ball rolling if they themselves aren't in a position to do anything. I just don't see Ken being one of those selfless (hahahaha!) husbands who would drop everything else and do for Lori the sort of physical care things necessary when a person's mind becomes affected by dementia/Alzheimer's/or whatever it is that may ail her, such as that brain tumor. I think he'd be completely useless at emotional care as well. He'd be on the phone to the nearest assisted living/nursing home facility so fast Lori's already addled brain would spin even more. :pb_confused:

That's what the cynic part of my brain did thought. Ken couldn't care less about her decline and is helping more or less to further her to the point where he can put her either in a nursing home or in a coffin and be free of her, without breaking his marriage vows by divorcing. Not the brightest thoughts about them and her health, but they don't give me any vibes about caring even the slightest about the other.

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

Also, if this woman thinks medicine is a potion and therefore is against it, is she also against all the woo concoctions as well? Because the majority of them ARE the actual sort of "potion" the old woman in the village (who was rumored to be a witch) would make. Do they not realize where medicines come from? So many of them originated with those traditional "woo" style remedies - the ones that worked were examined, and the active ingredients discovered, purified, and improved upon

This here is a HUGE sore spot for me with the fundies.  As you said, the old remedies that were used for decades after medicine became somewhat modernized were condemned and the women who practiced those arts were cast out.  That is absolutely how witch hunts came to be popular and how the authorities of the time "found" their criminals.  Even Jewish midwives were targeted for a time because they were good at what they did and they used incense to cleanse rooms and still used amulets to keep Lillith out.  Their skill was a slap in the face to the old rabbi's who thought such things could only be figured out by men.  And the "extra precautions" just added insult to injury.  

My sore spot is...if a Wiccan were to slide up to a fundy mom at the playground and offer a toppled toddler some arnica gel for his knee, she'd likely turn her nose up and look for a less pagan remedy.  But put a Mormons name on a line of essential oils and suddenly we're treating the body the way God intended.  

Just a personal niggle.  Folks would have thrown rocks at my Orisha triple-great aunt but don't think twice about stealing the very things those women practiced.  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

My great-grandfather was a traiteur who was known as a healer in New Orleans.  I wish I could find the potion book that my grandmother had from him.  I'm sure it's in the attic somewhere in this house.

Yesterday I was told I have an "incomplete right bundle branch" in my heart, and a bit of low voltage.  You can bet I'm already booked for my echocardiogram and my CT to do a calcium analysis. 

Regarding Pearl, why would anyone use that as a screen name unless they are a troll?

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

On 8/7/2019 at 11:49 AM, klein_roeschen said:

I have wondered this quite a bit . Ken never worked three jobs and Lori has talked about him coaching the boys in sports and doing other activities. But, Lori as usual probably doesn't give a shit about her fangirls who talk about their husbands working multiple jobs. She just cares about mom being at home and who cares if dad isn't spending time with his sons. 

I took a break from reading fundie blogs and FJ for awhile. This past weekend I figured Lori and other fundies would try to tie in their shitty beliefs into why people go mass shooting sprees. 

7 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

How about that mass murder in 1966 at the University of Texas? What do you meanthere were no mass murders back then? Bull.

6 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

What about the mass murder in Bath, Michigan? It is the deadliest school killing in history. 1927

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

6 hours ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

I remember reading through old newspapers from the 1930s, when doing a college research paper, and finding a news item about a 13 year old boy in Oklahoma deliberately shooting and killing his father. Clearly he wasn't fatherless or addicted to video games. I don't recall if the father was abusive, or if it said why the son shot his dad, but I definitely put that anecdote on my list of ways "the good old days" weren't all that good. This was while I was deconstructing all the fundie crap I had been indoctrinated with, so it stood out.

Lori and her ilk need to read up on these cases, but they won't. In the past Lori has romanticized past eras as being violent free. I remember her stupid post about "how young women during the 40s and 50s weren't being raped or murdered." 

Edited by lilwriter85
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic