IGNORED

Lori Alexander 69: cold, angry, mean and racist

From Twitter: "Most men want to help grow their sons into masculine men but many mothers prevent this. They want to “protect” their sons. Don’t do this, women. Men want to make their sons tough because it’s a tough world. Let them. *Beatings doesn’t make boys into masculine men."

A couple observations:  

1- how do these Godly men toughen up their sons?  How do you grow a "masculine man?"

2- "beatings doesn't make" -- once gain, Lori was being truthful when she said she learned nothin' in school. 

• Upvote 15

This woman needs some help. But she's asking the wrong person.

So, for me, I do wish to run away (temporarily) some days. I do wish I could be served because I’m so tired and because I’m so tired of being at everyone’s beck and call. I’m worn out from the constant chatter, fighting and just non-stop noise. This season of raising three 4 and under, plus being pregnant, and hot (ugh, so hot!), has been incredibly difficult, defeating and depressing. Yesterday, I broke down and husband asked me if I had anything to look forward to. I said, death so that I could finally be with Jesus. He said, that’s def something good to look forward to and some times that is the only we have to cling to. Now, that I have said all of that, I’m so grateful to have you (Lori) in my life, as in this season, you are my virtual mentor, a stranger, but one who keeps reeling me back in to the truth. I’m not afraid to admit my weakness. I have a lot of sin and selfishness but the Lord is shaping me more in every moment. I’m grateful for your blog posts! Thank you Lori! Please pray for me to be more content and to be filled with joy from the Lord

I mean, if the only thing she has to look forward to is DEATH, she's screaming out for help and her husband is clearly not listening.

Lori isn't listening, either:

... if the Apostle Pail [sic] could learn contentment in a dark, damp prison cell, you can learn contentment where God has placed you! Remember, they do grow up quickly

Luckily, a few others make some suggestions--schedule a couple of hours for herself, get some help from family or friends (she replies that she has no community support and babysitters cost money), check her diet and make sure she's hydrated--nothing that will permanently solve the problem but at least they're trying. Not Lori, though. Lori just wants her to stay in her dark, damp prison cell of a life and learn to put up and shut up. :pb_confused:

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 11
  • WTF 8

22 minutes ago, Loveday said:

This woman needs some help. But she's asking the wrong person.

I mean, if the only thing she has to look forward to is DEATH, she's screaming out for help and her husband is clearly not listening.

Lori isn't listening, either:

Luckily, a few others make some suggestions--schedule a couple of hours for herself, get some help from family or friends (she replies that she has no community support and babysitters cost money), check her diet and make sure she's hydrated--nothing that will permanently solve the problem but at least they're trying. Not Lori, though. Lori just wants her to stay in her dark, damp prison cell of a life and learn to put up and shut up. :pb_confused:

This is another case of someone who desperately NEEDS HELP.  If I told my husband that I was looking forward to dying, he would start doing his best to find some kind of help for me the moment the words were out of my mouth.   That's because he actually cares about me, and sees me as a human being, not an easily replaceable piece of property.  But of course Lori doesn't give a damn.  This may not be quite on the same level as deleting a suicide helpline number, but it's pretty damn close in my book.  :angry-fire:  

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 9

Growing "manly men"...didn't take beatings to grow my FEMINIST sons. Didn't take teaching them hate and violence to turn them into sensitive, protective men. 

The woman who told her husband all she has to look forward to is death needs help NOW!!! I've been there, it's a shitty place to be. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

From Twitter: "Most men want to help grow their sons into masculine men but many mothers prevent this. They want to “protect” their sons. Don’t do this, women. Men want to make their sons tough because it’s a tough world. Let them. *Beatings doesn’t make boys into masculine men."

A couple observations:  

1- how do these Godly men toughen up their sons?  How do you grow a "masculine man?"

2- "beatings doesn't make" -- once gain, Lori was being truthful when she said she learned nothin' in school. 

To the bolded: so it's a tough world, but women should not have any other education or skills besides (debatable) homemaking skills. Sounds about right. 

The poor woman asking for help probably hasn't been following Lori for a very long time. When Lori was "overwhelmed" she was waited on hand and foot by her mother, father, children, housekeeper etc. She threw a hissy fit over a potato for goodness' sake! That is the contentment she practices!

How that woman's husband can't hear his wife's desperate cry for help is beyond me! 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, delphinium65 said:

This is another case of someone who desperately NEEDS HELP.  If I told my husband that I was looking forward to dying,

The woman wrote more.  I feel so sad for her. She absolutely needs help.  Another victim of misguided intentions.  This is why Lori is so dangerous.  It makes me so angry. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

This is why Lori is so dangerous. 

And why I feel misplaced sympathy should not be wasted on Lori Alexander. Whatever the reason for her awfulness, it is still hurtful, destructive, awfulness. That woman was clearly crying out for help and is about to snap, and Lori just tells her to be content in her terrible situation. Lori Alexander makes Christianity, at least her flavor of it, so very unappealing. Not to mention she used all kind of help and was never in the situation that her poster is. I've not seen a person as lacking in empathy as Lori. I think she likes seeing people suffer and do without. 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 10

576090855_ScreenShot2019-08-13at2_28_15PM.thumb.png.0896708372829a08b8ea7510b8a18c3d.png

I call bullshit. Serving others does NOT equal sitting on your butt in Door County while your mother is dying and the family has gathered.

I literally saw red here. Literally.

Like you @SilverBeach, I believe she is a waste of sympathy. And I will not be the least bit sad when her blogging days are over one way or the other.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

Serving others does NOT equal sitting on your butt in Door County while your mother is dying and the family has gathered.

Lori Alexander wouldn't know serving others if it bit her in her ass.  Her lack of self-awareness is blinding. She belittles, criticizes, and judges others. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

I call bullshit. Serving others does NOT equal sitting on your butt in Door County while your mother is dying and the family has gathered.

And she had the nerve to hijack her daughters IG story today and post it as her own. And she pretty much admits she was not there when her mother was dying.    According to Lori, Alyssa is due on Lori's birthday. I pray to God that the baby is born on any other day but that.  Please! 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 15

She only serves herself and her ego.  Ken fixes his own meals.  The kids are grown and gone.  She doesn't volunteer anywhere. She feels imposed upon to visit her father in assisted living.  Does she really think blathering on the Internet is service?  Telling women to just smile at their husbands and all will be right with the world.  That's not a service to women.  It's a good way to get the shit knocked out of them if they have an abusive husband.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 12

2 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

She only serves herself and her ego.  Ken fixes his own meals.  The kids are grown and gone.  She doesn't volunteer anywhere. She feels imposed upon to visit her father in assisted living.  Does she really think blathering on the Internet is service?  Telling women to just smile at their husbands and all will be right with the world.  That's not a service to women.  It's a good way to get the shit knocked out of them if they have an abusive husband.

Wait. I thought women were supposed to stay home to raise children AND care for any elderly family members in the eyes of Lori and her fan girls...

• Upvote 10

Just now, Frog99 said:

Wait. I thought women were supposed to stay home to raise children AND care for any elderly family members in the eyes of Lori and her fan girls...

Lori Alexander's philosophy is not to care for anyone if she can get somebody else to do it. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Frog99 said:

Mainly, I think Lori is stupid. I think she genuinely doesn't see the hypocrisy because that's just too complex for her.

But also, I think there's a background assumption deep in Lori that "privileged" == "blessed". I think she believes that she has support and luxuries BECAUSE she's so godly. This is what God has given her. If God has given someone else more challenges, then, well, either they've been specially chosen for the privilege of sacrifice and *shrug* lucky them! Or, well, maybe they've earned their difficulties through sinful (ie--non-Lori-approved) choices, in which case, also *shrug*.

She's just heartless.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6

I had never thought of it that way, but I do think Lori does genuinely believe that God has blessed her with this life of privilege.

The whole prosperity gospel thing applied in a twisted and evil way.

She is uncaring and dangerous. That woman earlier....I've been there. Feeling hopeless and lost and no one in my life (despite being a Christian and having a wide Christian circle) told me I should just accept it and look forward to death. They provided love, support and help in plenty of tangible and intangible ways.

Lori Alexander is just an evil monster.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 9

On 8/12/2019 at 1:27 PM, Liza said:

418310490_sowingdivisionagainLoriAlexander.JPG.9f94b92f744227582e87cd63826bfe06.JPG

I'm confused. What's the point she's trying to make? Why did she highlight the "the"s? 

silly lady.

1 hour ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

Lori Alexander is just an evil monster.

I agree

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

576090855_ScreenShot2019-08-13at2_28_15PM.thumb.png.0896708372829a08b8ea7510b8a18c3d.png

I literally saw red here. Literally.

Like you @SilverBeach, I believe she is a waste of sympathy. And I will not be the least bit sad when her blogging days are over one way or the other.

You know, most of us learn that serving others is much more fulfilling and rewarding by our late teens, or early adulthood. Many of us grasp the concept even earlier, and a few later. But precious few of us take until our 50s to realize that there is an alternative to being the one waited on hand and foot, then make that realization a basis of judging others while still simultaneously refusing to do anything even for those people we claim to love, let alone the world at large. 

Nope, that honor belongs to LazyLori. 

As we’ve said so often, she takes her own many shortcomings and assumes they apply to all the women of the world. Her lack of self awareness is breathtaking. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, Petronella said:

I think there's a background assumption deep in Lori that "privileged" == "blessed". I think she believes that she has support and luxuries BECAUSE she's so godly. This is what God has given her. If God has given someone else more challenges, then, well, either they've been specially chosen for the privilege of sacrifice and *shrug* lucky them! Or, well, maybe they've earned their difficulties through sinful (ie--non-Lori-approved) choices, in which case, also *shrug*.

In which case, she completely misses the point of passages like 1st Corinthians 12:26, Galatians 6:2, Romans 12:9-13, Matthew 7:12, 1 John 3:17

I'm sure there are more passages. 

7 hours ago, Loveday said:

Lori just wants her to stay in her dark, damp prison cell of a life and learn to put up and shut up. :pb_confused:

And put out.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

And why I feel misplaced sympathy should not be wasted on Lori Alexander. Whatever the reason for her awfulness, it is still hurtful, destructive, awfulness. That woman was clearly crying out for help and is about to snap, and Lori just tells her to be content in her terrible situation. Lori Alexander makes Christianity, at least her flavor of it, so very unappealing. Not to mention she used all kind of help and was never in the situation that her poster is. I've not seen a person as lacking in empathy as Lori. I think she likes seeing people suffer and do without. 

She knows how to show compassion and sympathy and she knows how to give a voice to people she considers to be in need of her support. She's shown these to Trey, Dave and other male posters and she has opened her blog as a place where they can "be honest" with no fear of pushback from the ladies.  

Lori has no compassion for women and unlike Debi Pearl, this lack of compassion isn't a result of having lived under the dictatorship of a heartless bully.  Lori has gotten her way and will continue to get her way. And yes, she likes seeing people suffer and do without. It's never crossed her mind that she might be called to actually help people with her resources. 

• Upvote 14

1 hour ago, onemama said:

She knows how to show compassion and sympathy and she knows how to give a voice to people she considers to be in need of her support.

Not her fangirls. 

• Upvote 6

Lori is giving men a license to slob today.  And this dude wholeheartedly approves.  I can't believe men think they don't have to do ANYTHING around the house, including putting the cap back on the toothpaste after they used it themselves.  Such children.

license_to_slob.thumb.JPG.c6404e083259ce01458c9a1f2cd14d86.JPG

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 7

I'm more inclined to forget to put the cap on the toothpaste and I squeeze from the top (drives hubs nuts). But, the fact remains that I'm the forgetful one so I try to remember. IF my husband requested that I put the top on the toothpaste FOR him well, after his fingers heal, he'd remember. 

It's one thing when your spouse is physically unable to do a lot of things and a completely different one when he's too lazy or entitled to do them. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

Apparently raising a manly  man means teaching boys to be lazy assholes who can take be bothered to put the toilet seat down, pick up their socks, or put the cap back on the toothpaste. I can just see the manliness in all the men's post. 

Edited by Sarah92
  • Upvote 16

10 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Apparently raising a manly  man means teaching boys to be lazy assholes who can take be bothered to put the toilet seat down, pick up their socks, or put the cap back on the toothpaste. I can just see the manliness in all the men's post. 

Not in my house yo...little shits learned to aim better when I made them clean toilets with toothbrushes. If they didn't put their clothes in the laundry, guess who didn't have clean clothes??? (once they were about 7-8 years old). 

Fuck this coddling shit. I personally don't know any woman who would put up with it...I doubt my sons would either. #1 son's wife is a firecracker. Forget that "submissive Asian" stereotype. She is anything BUT "submissive". She owns her own business, takes care of her shit, survives just fine during his business trips. I have no fear that if he told her to put the cap on the toothpaste for him there'd be some bloodshed. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic