IGNORED

Lori Alexander 69: cold, angry, mean and racist

7 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

I don't care if someone is looking at my lower body in pants and think it's looking nice. That's not my problem. I wear mostly pants because they are practical in my freetime and mandatory at work. While I love skirts and dresses during warm weather, I don't give up pants just because some fucked up dude demands because I look fucktastick in pants. Another one who can sit naked on a cactus. Silly me gets the mental image of a bunch of fundie dudes sitting on a row of cactuses while Lori dirigents their pain screams into a melody.

I love casual dresses in summer. I have nice legs. Guess what happens about 85% of the time when I am out without my husband in a dress or skirt? I took my mom to a show last summer and wore a knee length casual dress that showed nothing up top (probably perfectly acceptable attire by Lori's standards most days). We were walking back to the car. I'm pushing 50. I had an elderly visually impaired woman on my arm and some random dude, roughly 30 years old, literally told me how attractive I am and asked me to dinner. On the street. 

Guess what never happens when I wear pants? 

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I always laugh that these guys don't give a thought as to whether woman look at men in a sexual way.

I'm an old married lady and I still enjoy seeing a man in a nice fitting pair of pants.

Oh, honey yes! There's a boxing club near my house, and they have an outside workout area. For some reason, my dog SEVERELY loves to walk past there every day.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 14
  • Love 5

This is completely random and OT- except I talked about it a little over a year ago- the USA Science and Engineering Festival will be in DC in April 2020. I seem to recall someone interested for their kids or grandkids. 

Here is the link: https://usasciencefestival.org/

Tips: parking in DC is awful- Drive to metro and take that in. I also think it’s worth it to stay in one of the hotels right there. Get there early- as soon as it opens. The place became packed by about 11:30 and it was difficult to move through some stations- especially the popular ones. There was not enough seating for people for lunch and so people were sitting on the floor or standing in line for people’s tables while they were eating. If you are in the hotel, you could easily go to your room and eat. The place was packed until mid-afternoon when all of the buses pulled up to leave- then you could maneuver through a little better. And this is a weird tip but... DS had to have a bowel movement before we left. DH took him to the restroom where they had to track down toilet paper (and apparently the men’s room was filthy). So take your own little stash of TP lol. 

• Upvote 4

I wonder who she is referencing in her tweets today re: not feeling affection toward one of your children?  Hmmm??  Guesses? She is so transparent 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Just putting this out there:   A back view of Mr. Dress in straight cut Levis and his boots gets me Every. Single. Time.

But ... but ... how can this be?   Women don't have sexual thoughts, Women aren't visual.

Could it possibly be .... gasp..... I'm really...... oh nos...... a MAN!!??!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 17
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

And they say that we women aren’t visual!

definitely not.

Spoiler

image.png.5a04b28b9ab1efc79e4c61ea65791191.pngimage.png.5a04b28b9ab1efc79e4c61ea65791191.png

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

I wear skirts and dresses a lot to work. Probably more than I wear dress pants. I find dress pants kinda uncomfortable so I wear skirts and dresses with biking shorts underneath. Talk about feeling like you're wearing PJs all day. But idk sometimes I feel like dresses and skirts are actually less modest. Like they're made to flatter and draw attention to different aspects of the feminine frame. Many properly fitting dresses have stitching to tailor the dress to the frame. Of course, I wear a lot of swing dresses too that don't have that but those tend to hit around the knee. (so immodest) Even if you look at what is typically seen as a 50s style dress its a tailored bodice and cinched waist. With pants, you can wear a much more concealing top that covers the rear. IDK really maybe its the bi in me so I notice these things? But also guys in a suit or a button-down and dark wash jeans? Add in a puppy and you got yourself a deal. 

Also, Lori's newest post about being a mother is the highest calling is straight up blasphemy. That is nowhere in the Bible and goes directly against the great commission. Furthermore,  "And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.” Boom greatest calling. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Today's blog post...

No, Lori. Just no. There are more reports of rape and sexual harassment because we aren't quietly taking it anymore. 

And the comments....Ugh. Gross. All about how women would not have this happen if they never went anywhere without a husband or father... If we don't do that, then apparently, it's all our fault. 

What is wrong with these people? Seriously. They all need slapped. And I say that as someone who generally disapproves of corporal punishment and violence. But logic and reason don't work with them. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 4

Mr F. before he got sick...oh lordy, put that man in a nice pair of Levi's and my ass is drooling like a fool. Front side, back side, side side...damn...long legs, broad shoulders, narrow waist, sweet little bubble butt...

I'm VERY visual. I could watch Justin Trudeau's ass all day, don't give a damn about his politics, just let me admire dat ass. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Today's blog post...

No, Lori. Just no. There are more reports of rape and sexual harassment because we aren't quietly taking it anymore. 

And the comments....Ugh. Gross. All about how women would not have this happen if they never went anywhere without a husband or father... If we don't do that, then apparently, it's all our fault. 

What is wrong with these people? Seriously. They all need slapped. And I say that as someone who generally disapproves of corporal punishment and violence. But logic and reason don't work with them. 

Lori thinks that the answer to women in danger is to restrict women even more. No, thanks!  

• Upvote 9

@louisa05, here in Connecticut, public school teachers are required to get their master’s degrees within a certain number of years after being hired, and to pay for them by themselves. (In my generation, this wasn’t difficult: the MA I got at a state college in 1977 was so affordable I managed to pay for it while working part time as an adult ed teacher. Lots of teachers got their MAs or MSs at state schools.)

Fast-forward to my daughter’s generation: Her master’s cost her around $25,000, and she was required to take it in an area approved by the Board of Ed. So she got hers in music education, instead of in counseling, which she’d had her heart set on. The next year, the Board of Ed, as a bargaining chip in contract negotiations, graciously allowed teachers greater flexibility in master’s programs. She was rightfully PISSED to have coughed up so much money for a degree that didn’t teach her much that she didn’t already know.

Oh, and I’m reasonably sure that my baby sister owes her existence to the pull-out method, at least from what my mom told me when I was a young married woman.

Edited by Hane
Heartwarming familial anecdote.
  • Upvote 6

These are her tweets for today.  It's a bunch of rambling of her favorite topics in her desperate attempt to go viral again.  If she tweets and average of 4 times a day, she has sent out 1,460 tweets in a year.  I think she's addicted to social media and won't admit it, just like I'm addicted to Diet Coke.

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 5.33.54 PM.png

Edited by wallysmommy
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2

28 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

These are her tweets for today.  It's a bunch of rambling of her favorite topics in her desperate attempt to go viral again.  If she tweets and average of 4 times a day, she has sent out 1,460 tweets in a year.  I think she's addicted to social media and won't admit it, just like I'm addicted to Diet Coke.

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 5.33.54 PM.png

I noticed that a short while ago. She is making an absolute mockery of  Christ and I can’t believe no one has tried to rein her in. And still, her fans don’t see through her actions. Her behavior is escalating and I wouldn’t be surprised if she was on the brink of some sort of breakdown. My guess is that her family has as little to do with her as possible, and Ken is powerless to do anything with her. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

“If she’s not educated by then, something is terrible wrong with the school system.”

Methinks something is “terrible wrong” with your education, Lori.

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

This has probably been said a million time, but I don't think what she is saying would fly if she was accountable to a local church body. There are probably some churches that have beliefs similar to Lori's, but it is possible that they can find her extreme every now and then. This is why I don't believe she actually goes to church.

Lori is a constant reminder to be like Christ behind the keyboard. I don't even find it okay to make fun of people on social media. I was a crazy conservative that made fun of people who don't hold my beliefs. It really sickens me that the Christian conservatives in my social circle can make fun of liberals for the hell of it. How are they not convicted when they look at the life of Christ in comparison to theirs?

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

What kind of shit is having a child you have no affection for? That's fucked up. I'll admit that at times my relationship with my kids was rocky (lots of back story there that I don't want to get into), but damn, I love my kids. I loved them during the hard times, I love them now in the easy times. 

"Learning" to love my kids never happened. I loved them before they were born, I loved them when they were born and I love them now, all these years later. 

There's something wrong with that woman...

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 7

Sexualization (is that a word?) is in the eye of the beholder. I can wear anything from fully covered up to next to nothing and there will be someone on this earth that finds it attractive (and someone that doesn't) - and I am just an average looking woman. So other than not ever leaving my house what solution is there? Although there might be someone somewhere with a recluse fetish, I wouldn't want to be a stumbling block for them. 

I think I'll just keep my pants, thanks!

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

Does anyone else find this creepy- that the greatest guarantee a woman has for a great sex life is a close relationship with her father? Maybe it’s my background in child welfare, but it makes me cringe. 

Spoiler

30231521-7E6B-457F-9490-3BBF75CD6C8B.thumb.png.543ed95deb52090d6138da6e95c3cd19.png

My heart is heavy this morning. We have a serious problem in this country and I don’t know what it’s going to take to get people to wake up. We need systemic change- not just about guns- but about social safety nets, health care, social-emotional education- living wages, etc. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 3

Oh, I'm mad about this today.

I am not the only one who had a crappy father (mentally ill and emotionally abusive). I know, I know - she doesn't teach to the "exceptions". Guess what Lori? I'm NOT that much of an exception. I have many, many girlfriends who have absent fathers, addicted fathers, abusive fathers......

Without my COLLEGE degree, I would have had no hope for a future. None.

Seriously, without a way out, I think I would have had some sort of a mental breakdown or worse.

I don't wish ill on her, just for her to STFU and go away.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 9

19 hours ago, smittykins said:

And they say that we women aren’t visual!

Fundies are so stupid to think women don't lust. Mr. SB is a fine looking man and I enjoy looking at and feeling on his body very much. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

I hate to do this; but it’s time to bring out the vision test again. Some say there is a horse in this picture but I just cannot see it. I get all lightheaded and tingly when I look at it so it could be that. Heh. 

Or it could be because I am not a visual being. I am no quitter though. I’m gonna keep trying. 

Spoiler

8AAE2C73-01FE-4F8F-B525-10BAD2FD2069.thumb.jpeg.3d15dc105581b53276cbdba4f2e60dcb.jpeg

• Haha 15
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 4

13 hours ago, feministxtian said:

There's something wrong with that woman...

QFT, believe it or not, I have actually reined my snark on Lori because I do think something is seriously wrong with her and for a long time.  No, I don't agree with her views at all, the submission crap, college, etc., they are toxic and as much as Ken is no prize IMHO, I think it's atrocious the way she talks about him and their marriage.  If I talked about Mr. No the way she does, on the internet or IRL, he would be well within his rights to find a divorce lawyer. 

15 hours ago, Frog99 said:

I noticed that a short while ago. She is making an absolute mockery of  Christ and I can’t believe no one has tried to rein her in. And still, her fans don’t see through her actions. Her behavior is escalating and I wouldn’t be surprised if she was on the brink of some sort of breakdown. My guess is that her family has as little to do with her as possible, and Ken is powerless to do anything with her.  

I think people have tried, but fans get blocked and her family has likely given up.  I can see Lori putting up a serious fight with the family in particular and maybe it's honestly easier to let her carry on until she stops of her own accord,  but it's probably going to take an illness, breakdown or some other external event, she won't work up the will to stop.  She feeds off it too much. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

13 hours ago, ColeJo said:

This has probably been said a million time, but I don't think what she is saying would fly if she was accountable to a local church body. There are probably some churches that have beliefs similar to Lori's, but it is possible that they can find her extreme every now and then. This is why I don't believe she actually goes to church.

Lori is a constant reminder to be like Christ behind the keyboard. I don't even find it okay to make fun of people on social media. I was a crazy conservative that made fun of people who don't hold my beliefs. It really sickens me that the Christian conservatives in my social circle can make fun of liberals for the hell of it. How are they not convicted when they look at the life of Christ in comparison to theirs?

I have never joined a church, but have attended a couple of them on and off for years.  I live in a large city, so the churches tend to be large, so it's easy to not really be noticed at them unless you are outgoing and do a lot of the extracurricular activities or bible studies, which I usually don't.  As a result, I don't feel accountable to a church body, and wouldn't attend one that watched me closely and judged every action - the more liberal churches are better in this regard.

I can't see Lori attending a small fundamentalist church where people constantly watch each other, because those churches are usually not upper-middle class, and Lori is all about her image.  Everything has to look perfect in her world.  I can see her attending a large or mega-sized church, and I doubt those types of churches get as involved in everyone's day to day lives, unless you draw attention to yourself by trying to judge teach everyone that they are wrong.  She once said that she was told not to teach submission on the church grounds - I'm sure that went over well.  She's previously mentioned the name of the church she attends, and someone here posted the link to it.  It would be interesting to see how involved she is, since no one is as holy as she is.

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

I have never joined a church, but have attended a couple of them on and off for years.  I live in a large city, so the churches tend to be large, so it's easy to not really be noticed at them unless you are outgoing and do a lot of the extracurricular activities or bible studies, which I usually don't.  As a result, I don't feel accountable to a church body, and wouldn't attend one that watched me closely and judged every action - the more liberal churches are better in this regard.

I can't see Lori attending a small fundamentalist church where people constantly watch each other, because those churches are usually not upper-middle class, and Lori is all about her image.  Everything has to look perfect in her world.  I can see her attending a large or mega-sized church, and I doubt those types of churches get as involved in everyone's day to day lives, unless you draw attention to yourself by trying to judge teach everyone that they are wrong.  She once said that she was told not to teach submission on the church grounds - I'm sure that went over well.  She's previously mentioned the name of the church she attends, and someone here posted the link to it.  It would be interesting to see how involved she is, since no one is as holy as she is.

She has said she was told she couldn't preach her nonsense to women in church at some point. Most of us suspect that she was interrupting women's Bible studies and other activities with her bullshit. And I wouldn't be surprised if she was approaching women in services and at church events as well to be judgmental of their clothing, their children, things they did or said, etc... In other words, it is very  unlikely that Lori was ever just quietly coming to church. And even a liberal church would probably end up trying to rein in a parishioner who was harassing others. It's not exactly the welcoming environment most healthy churches try to create. 

Sadly, I've known of very small fundamentalist churches where Lori would be perfectly welcome to behave however she wants while screaming "Titus 2!" at every woman in the congregation. 

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic