IGNORED

Lori Alexander 69: cold, angry, mean and racist

Stefan Molyneux mentions "female lipstick" -- surely he's not implying there is male lipstick?

What would that even look like?  How do men choose colors? Eye color? Skin tone? Hair color?

Do the colors have cool name like Hunter's Vest Orange and Camo Brown and Rifle Raisin and Pinstripe Suit Pink? Do fathers teach sons how to wear male lipstick?  Where do you buy male lipstick?

And Joseph Black of 13 and pregnant is A-OK is a vile, disgusting monster of a man who is advocating pedophilia.  Because having sex with a 13 year old  is child sexual abuse.

Ken are you reading here?  Lori letting this stand means she agrees with this monster advocating pedophilia.   Think about your granddaughters. 13 isn't that far off.  Is that what you want for them?  Make Lori stop.

For the love of God -- Stop. Her. Now.

• Upvote 26
  • Love 2

Whelp that's enough internet today... 13 years old..  I just can't. No its not better you absolute sicko. 

Edit: I believe Joseph Black and John -mr. trade her in for a younger model- Armstrong are the same people. This picture was on Joseph's page. Reading some of his personal posts I'd say he's quite intrigued by women having children young. So it fits. And to top it all off, he's racist as fuck. 

IMG_2890.PNG

Edited by Sarah92
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

Right now, I’m reading “Daughter of Gloriavale: My Life in a Religious Cult,” by Lilia Tarawa. Life in this New Zealand Christian fundamentalist commune ticks off all of Lori’s boxes: early marriage (preferably as soon as a girl hits menarche, but limited to 16 and up because of ungodly government laws), modest attire, no contraception, male headship, childbeating, women’s work strictly domestic in nature.  Ken should ship Lori there. She’d be in heaven.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 2

14 minutes ago, Hane said:

Right now, I’m reading “Daughter of Gloriavale: My Life in a Religious Cult,” by Lilia Tarawa. Life in this New Zealand Christian fundamentalist commune ticks off all of Lori’s boxes: early marriage (preferably as soon as a girl hits menarche, but limited to 16 and up because of ungodly government laws), modest attire, no contraception, male headship, childbeating, women’s work strictly domestic in nature.  Ken should ship Lori there. She’d be in heaven.

No she wouldn't...she'd like actually have to do shit and stay off the fucking internet. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

The only thing I've seen with teenage pregnancy is the poverty associated with it. I know that Lori wants to make slaves out of women. However, let's just say she wants strong marriages and families. Let's say she also doesn't want poverty in these families. There is an article from a conservative source about how marriage is the number one social justice imperative. If she agreed with this article, she would advocate:

1. Graduating high school (at the very least)

2. Getting married before having a child

3. Having that child after age 20

My guess is that she would advocate for only one of the three. The real-world applications of her teachings may actually damage this country.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

utterly disgusting...completely...advocating raping a 13 year old? (sorry a 13 year old can't give consent so it's rape)

It isn't rape if she marries the father. Can't have her had the baby out of wedlock

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 6

Sheila Gregoire did it again with this post and the series she links to:

On false teachers. Calling people to account and compassion

From the blog:

In our world today, religious people are often giving abused women and those married to sexually promiscuous spouses guilt and blame, while the secular world is helping them with healthy advice. 

This simply has to change. 

(...) Whether we want to admit it or not, there are many people who are being abused or neglected and the church is making it worse. And our call as Christians when we see those who are hurting is not to ignore them for the sake of our own comfort–it’s to have compassion on them. Compassion is different than pity–compassion actually requires something of you; it’s hard. If you find yourself angry at people bringing up uncomfortable topics for the sake of the downtrodden or the abused–and this will sound harsh–you are showing a lack of compassion for the people whose lives are a living hell because of their torment that you have the privilege to ignore.

Has Lori ever thought about that when she refuses to entertain "what ifs" and "exceptions to the rule"? Nope. Lori is just like the priest and the levite in the parable of the good Samaritan. 

Love and Respect: unconditional respect doesn't work

Her description of unconditional respect based on the book:

She honors her husband’s authority in the marriage, allowing him to make the decisions. She does not speak up when she disagrees with him, even if he is being selfish and seriously burdening her. When he is doing something really wrong that hurts the family and children, she remains quiet and speaks only briefly. She may mention what she is upset about once, but then she does not bring it up again for several weeks. This is true even in cases where he is a workaholic; drinking too much; or having an affair. If he is angry or abusive, she is respectful by not speaking up when he has angry outbursts, but instead by remaining quiet. No matter what, in all of these cases, she regularly gives him sexual release, without any regard for her own feelings, understanding that this is a need that he has, and that he cannot show her love without it.

• Upvote 8

Fundies take things that are generally good ideas to an extreme.

If your husband is doing something that just annoys you but isn't hurting anyone, then sure, you can let it go.

However if he is spending rent money on booze and there's no food. By all means speak up.  

Sex? Yes, be respectful and don't make him go months and months without, but it doesn't mean you have to say yes on demand every single time. 

Balance, people. There is a middle ground.

Edited by Free Jana Duggar
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

16 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

It's a wonder she didn't suggest it to her SIL during those years when he and Alyssa were trying without success.  I think Lori doesn't believe infertility exists, that she thinks if a couple doesn't have children then the woman is purposely preventing it.

Or, that healthy eating and/or supplements can cure infertility.

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Sex? Yes, be respectful and don't make him go months and months without, but it doesn't mean you have to say yes on demand every single time. 

Sounds like sex is all about him...

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

53 minutes ago, onemama said:

Sounds like sex is all about him...

My bad. I didn't mean for it to sound that way. I was saying that from the fundie perspective.

The Bible actually says neither partner should hold out on a consistent basis.

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

all makeup signaled sexual availability

Even on my 64 year old ass, and my 91 year old aunt? Some of these freaks truly want any excuse they can find to sexually abuse women.

3 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

My bad. I didn't mean for it to sound that way. I was saying that from the fundie perspective.

The bible actually recognizes that women have sexual feelings too, Song of Solomon anyone?

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1

We were given that book at a couples study group years ago. I threw it away after reading it and promptly dropped out of the group. I'm naturally quite assertive and demand respect. You can "love" me all you want but if you don't respect me, then fuck you (battle w/Mr. Xtian for the last 20 years). If you disrespect me, I won't do jack shit for you. For example...we were at the VA clinic and Mr Xtian demanded "coffee". I rolled his wheelchair right by it. He got pissed. I informed him that the magic words "please" and "thank you" were still required of him. If he wanted coffee he had to ASK for it. Don't treat me like I'm nothing more than your slave/caretaker. I can hire someone to be a caretaker. I'm your WIFE goddammit. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 9

On 8/10/2019 at 1:07 PM, klein_roeschen said:

If we would all do what Lori want's and stay home, who will be her maid? Who will sell her her 14$ butter and her einkorn flour? I honestly can't see her accepting a male housecleaner and I can even less picture her scrubbing her own toilet, since she just discovered a few months ago that you can use dishsoap to clean the sink and wouldn't know a toilet brush if she scratched her butt with it. Women make out the majority in service jobs like retail and waitresses,  in nursing and childcare and many. If all of these women decide to stay home, the economy would crumble like a dry cookie.

I also don't think she would accept a male house cleaner. Years back, she did a blog post regarding nurses where she said that more men should be getting into nursing and that women without children or women with grown children should work as nurses. I'm all for men becoming nurses, but Lori doesn't see that some men aren't going to be attracted to nursing careers.

I can imagine that if many women stayed at home Lori would bitching at stores or restaurants due to longer wait times because of cashier or server shortages.  But, she also wouldn't care if men in many workplaces ended up being overworked due to employee shortages. Ken's orthodontic clients would suffer without working women and deep down he knows that.  Lori posted about having a female dental hygienist. She said the hygienist only worked two days a week. Let's say most female hygienists decided not to work at all.  That could easily mean Lori might have to wait longer to get cleaning appointments scheduled. There are various ways Lori's life would be negatively impacted if women didn't work.  I don't think she ever thinks about the big picture regarding workplaces, wait times, and the economy. 

9 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Fundies take things that are generally good ideas to an extreme.

If your husband is doing something that just annoys you but isn't hurting anyone, then sure, you can let it go.

However if he is spending rent money on booze and there's no food. By all means speak up.  

Balance, people. There is a middle ground.

I remember when one of Lori's fangirls posted about giving her headship his weekly allowance for his soda and chew even though they had very little food in the fridge an were waiting for his payday. Lori didn't respond to the woman and most of the fangirls didn't give any advice. 

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

We were given that book at a couples study group years ago. I threw it away after reading it and promptly dropped out of the group. I'm naturally quite assertive and demand respect. You can "love" me all you want but if you don't respect me, then fuck you (battle w/Mr. Xtian for the last 20 years). If you disrespect me, I won't do jack shit for you. For example...we were at the VA clinic and Mr Xtian demanded "coffee". I rolled his wheelchair right by it. He got pissed. I informed him that the magic words "please" and "thank you" were still required of him. If he wanted coffee he had to ASK for it. Don't treat me like I'm nothing more than your slave/caretaker. I can hire someone to be a caretaker. I'm your WIFE goddammit. 

We threw away the same book! We listened to the first chapter and we both said "BS!" and threw both the CD and book away. I hate throwing away books but some deserve the landfill

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I’m a Christian, and the Bible matters to me, but the extreme to which fundies take it is just baffling.

It reminds me of telling my then-younger kids, “DON’T leave the house while I’m out. UNLESS there’s a fire. UNLESS your dad comes to pick you up instead. UNLESS UNLESS UNLESS” because you need to help kids understand context and priorities. Fundies just take things that were said and apply them without context or logic. “Don’t deprive each other” is good long-term sex advice. It’s not a minute-to-minute requirement. Lordy. I wish they’d have some sense!

Edited by Petronella
  • Upvote 15
  • Love 1

“Male lipstick” makes me think of Ichiban for Men. 

44DF3E0F-6C89-4C8D-B6DE-D52F39313F2B.jpeg.c542a18fccf1191a81831463c1f9c120.jpeg

13 and pregnant? GAG.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14

418310490_sowingdivisionagainLoriAlexander.JPG.9f94b92f744227582e87cd63826bfe06.JPG

Now it's antisemitism.  Jesus said to love thy neighbor.  Pretty sure He meant ALL of them.  Seriously, is there anyone that Lori does not dislike?   Lori, you really need to look at yourself.  You are breaking one of Jesus' two greatest commandments daily.  

1395359168_WHATDOESTHISHAVETODOWITHBIBLICALWOMANHOOD.JPG.92c2592dd12500e9f7db1582b600d017.JPG

And this?  What does this have to do with Biblical womanhood?  Nothing.  It's all about getting a REACTION, Lori.  It is not about Jesus ... it is all about YOU.

Edited by Liza
  • Upvote 9

On 8/10/2019 at 12:51 PM, HoneyBunny said:

LazyLori wants us to come to her personally if we want to rebuke her, not do it publicly.

But she can rebuke people on social media (Josh Harris? Rachel Held Evans? the Bachlorette?) and it's perfectly fine. 

14 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

Ken's orthodontic clients would suffer without working women and deep down he knows that.  Lori posted about having a female dental hygienist.

Yes...and it's ironic that in her son's practice, he is the only man.  He has a female partner and the rest of the staff is all male.   

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Liza said:

418310490_sowingdivisionagainLoriAlexander.JPG.9f94b92f744227582e87cd63826bfe06.JPG

Now it's antisemitism.  Jesus said to love thy neighbor.  Pretty sure He meant ALL of them.  Seriously, is there anyone that Lori does not dislike?   Lori, you really need to look at yourself.  You are breaking one of Jesus' two greatest commandments daily.  

1395359168_WHATDOESTHISHAVETODOWITHBIBLICALWOMANHOOD.JPG.92c2592dd12500e9f7db1582b600d017.JPG

And this?  What does this have to do with Biblical womanhood?  Nothing.  It's all about getting a REACTION, Lori.  It is not about Jesus ... it is all about YOU.

Liza, I’ve been meaning to ask for a while. Why do you so often bold and/or italicize your comments?

It’s distracting at best and at worst looks like you’re trying to assert the importance of your comments over everyone else’s. I’m not saying that that’s your intent! But that’s how it comes across to me as I’m reading along and suddenly—boom!—paragraphs of bold. So I’m curious to know why you do it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 3

Today The Ungodly Mentor is quoting from her sooper sekrat chat room about ways that women control their husbands. One says 'Pulling Bible verses out of context to show him how he’s wrong (possibly in context but with a bitter attitude).'  She does this all the f'ing time to women, that's all fine and dandy in Lori's eyes. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2

Apparently, Jesus passed up some Oxford and Harvard educated potential apostles in favor of the ones who skipped university to show us that no one should ever go to college. 

And there are commenters taking that seriously. 

The stupid actually hurts. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 5

On 8/10/2019 at 3:32 PM, Sarah92 said:

So I'm sharing this as a friendly reminder of this being the type of being that Lori admires and follows. 

IMG_2889.PNG

I think this is a late, sneaky reference to the Jordan Peterson interview that was floating around for a while here recently.  He makes the argument that, fundamentally, makeup and high heel shoes are for one purpose and using them in the everyday norms is a distraction.  We talked about it here on Fj but I don't remember which forum it landed in.

https://youtu.be/S9dZSlUjVls

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2

Luke was a physician, Matthew was a tax collector.  Both required some type of education or training.  

Speaking of...it's a jump to this, but here I go.  Severine homeschools to teach her children.  Gee, maybe she's afraid they might learn something from people who do not perpetuate a hate gospel.  Of course, Lori responds to her racist fan. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 2.06.26 PM.png

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, Petronella said:

Liza, I’ve been meaning to ask for a while. Why do you so often bold and/or italicize your comments?

It’s distracting at best and at worst looks like you’re trying to assert the importance of your comments over everyone else’s. I’m not saying that that’s your intent! But that’s how it comes across to me as I’m reading along and suddenly—boom!—paragraphs of bold. So I’m curious to know why you do it

I didn't know it was distracting.  I guess for the same reason I use capital letters at times or an exclamation point or a ... or whatever.  Just a style problem, I guess.  Sorry it distracts.  No, I dont think I have more to offer than anyone here.  In fact, less, because I didn't grow up in a Fundamentalist home so I find alot of the beliefs confusing.  

Edited by Liza
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic