IGNORED

Lori Alexander 69: cold, angry, mean and racist

5 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Mr. No is no longer teaching but when he started out as a teacher shortly after getting his BA, he was also told to get his MA within several years.  I don't think it was 2 but it may have been more like 5 years.  I can't remember who was supposed to pay for it, if it was on him or not, at any rate it became a non issue when he changed jobs a couple of years afterward, but he definitely had to get an MA if he wanted to continue in education.  

Again, my question was not about whether that requirement is a reality. I believe everyone. But given the state of teacher salaries across the country, my question is who pays for this requirement? A big point of discussion about salaries is that requiring people paid as low as teachers to have graduate degrees is not entirely reasonable. In my area, it is strongly encouraged by most schools and after around five years in most districts, graduate hours are the only way to get raises beyond contract changes that raise base salary which only happen every two or three years and are usually not even equivalent to COLA raises in other fields. And even most public schools provide no reimbursement for graduate tuition. 

Average starting teacher salary in the state of New York is $44,935. Graduate tuition at the first SUNY that popped up on a google search is $462 a credit hour. For a 60 hour masters program that is $27, 720 not including fees and materials (presuming tuition doesn't increase...and it will). New York gives new teachers five years to obtain it. That's a steep cost for a young person that may be paying student loans off, is definitely spending their own money for classroom needs (average is nearly $500 a year), and is living in a state with a higher cost of living. Then there is the time issue. I typically worked six days a week 12-14 hours a day for most of the school year during my first six years of teaching. That is not at all unusual for new teachers who also coach sports or sponsor activities. The learning curve and planning load are steep in the first couple of years (and the latter is any year that teaching assignments change--which mine did continuously my first six years) and coaching or activities take a huge amount of time for a small financial return. A colleague and I kept track once when co-directing competitive one act. We were paid 4.8 cents per hour each. And it leaves no time for completing graduate course work on top of everything. 

And people wonder why there are teacher shortages. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1

Lori is just stupid and gross.  I've never been on BC, but I had periods so heavy I hemorrhaged.  Kenneth Shock has and never will  have the experience of standing up after a meeting and having a waterfall go down his legs.  Being in the middle of London watching the Changing of the Guards and having an accident.  Ending up with an h&h of 8 and 22, anemic, with pneumonia.  Thank God I had a hysterectomy--it was one of the best days of my life.  It gave me freedom to live my life again.

If Lori believes All Things Are Possible With God, and she loves children so much, why doesn't she pray to be like Sarah and have a baby in her old age?  God can perform miracles.  That's how preposterous she is.  She would beat out Michelle D., JRod and Zoo for babies at an older age, which would make her the most Godly of the Godliest mothers and wives.  

ETA: @louisa05 My mom had a hysterectomy at 30 when she hemorrhaged after a D&C.  She was on BC, because my parents were not financially stable enough to have a third child.  Lori doesn't understand what it's like to struggle month-to-month to pay the rent.  She's married to the magic slot machine where she pulls a handle and she gets rewarded.  I'll admit that was gross.

Edited by wallysmommy
  • Upvote 12
  • Sad 4

8 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

Lori is just stupid and gross.  I've never been on BC, but I had periods so heavy I hemorrhaged.  Kenneth Shock has and never will  have the experience of standing up after a meeting and having a waterfall go down his legs.  Being in the middle of London watching the Changing of the Guards and having an accident.  Ending up with an h&h of 8 and 22, anemic, with pneumonia.  Thank God I had a hysterectomy--it was one of the best days of my life.  It gave me freedom to live my life again.

If Lori believes All Things Are Possible With God, and she loves children so much, why doesn't she pray to be like Sarah and have a baby in her old age?  God can perform miracles.  That's how preposterous she is.  She would beat out Michelle D., JRod and Zoo for babies at an older age, which would make her the most Godly of the Godliest mothers and wives.  

This is the story of my mother pre-hysterectomy. She had hers at 36 and celebrates it as when she got her life back. And prior to that she had fertility issues. My brother came along nearly 2 years after their marriage with no contraception the entire time. I am six years younger and was only conceived two years after surgery to remove scar tissue from endometriosis and clear one ovary  and tube. They had concluded it did not work and were looking into adoption when she got pregnant with me. My parents had originally wanted four children. They had two. They didn't even try again after me because BC pills helped control her symptoms. Until they didn't anymore and surgery was the only option. 

Lori has no idea how severe issues like this can be. She is a moron. 

ETA: My mother's maternal grandmother died at 36 in 1931 when she hemorrhaged to death from the same issues. Yes, she bled to death from out of control periods in a time when there were not hormones to control it. And yet people like Lori and Ken Alexander would tell women not to take the necessary measures to survive. 

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 9

4 hours ago, cindyluvs24 said:

My mother taught for over 30 years and said the ability to get along with the other teachers and admin was as, if not more, important than teaching ability. 

Lori actually accused one of her supervising teachers of performing some occult stuff in the classroom.  She had Ken call her professor to have her moved to another classroom.  Can you imagine having her moved to your classroom after that?  Can you imagine a rumor like that getting around to parents?

I always had an idea Lori did that so she could get out of student teaching and teaching in general.  I assumed she was hoping Ken would tell her to quit school and stay home once he found out what was going on in these classrooms, according to lying Lori.

And if she ruined a teacher's reputation and career in the process?   Oh well, too bad so sad.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Lori has no idea how severe issues like this can be. She is a moron. 

and I'm also sick of her (and some of her fangirls) just saying: "You just need to eat nourishing health food."  while I would never discourage anyone from eating healthy, this ISN'T the answer to everything. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 11

32 minutes ago, kpmom said:

She had Ken call...

Yeah, Lori was the one 'teaching' (using that word very, verrrry loosely where she is concerned), but she still couldn't handle making the request herself.  No wonder she thinks women are too weak to handle actual jobs in the real world.  :pb_rollseyes: 

• Upvote 12

2 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

Mr. No is no longer teaching but when he started out as a teacher shortly after getting his BA, he was also told to get his MA within several years.  I don't think it was 2 but it may have been more like 5 years.  I can't remember who was supposed to pay for it, if it was on him or not, at any rate it became a non issue when he changed jobs a couple of years afterward, but he definitely had to get an MA if he wanted to continue in education.  

When I got my teaching certificate in 1983, I had ten years to get a Master's, all on me, unless I got a full ride scholarship.

My husband got his in 1995. I forget how long he had.  He taught for less than a year. I didn't teach at all. 

Kentucky has a ton of vacancies, thanks to Tea Party Matt Bevin. They're trying all sorts of programs, including those for folks who want a second (third or fourth) career.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

Lori actually accused one of her supervising teachers of performing some occult stuff in the classroom. 

Lori Alexander is crazy. Never happened.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, sixcatatty said:

When I got my teaching certificate in 1983, I had ten years to get a Master's, all on me, unless I got a full ride scholarship.

My husband got his in 1995. I forget how long he had.  He taught for less than a year. I didn't teach at all. 

Mr. No got his certificate in 1982.   I know he mentioned having to get his masters within a certain timeframe and 5 years sticks out in my head but I might be wrong.   Thinking about it further, as I hadn't thought about this in a long time, it was probably all on him and that future expense was a factor in his taking another job.  

• Upvote 3

I work at a factory. 20 guys for every female. Ask the guys how their pull out game is? I’ll tell you, almost all of them have gotten at least one female pregnant. I hear the excuse all the time from guys that they don’t like condoms or how they feel. Well if you don’t like how those feel you might as well start planning for a baby unless she is willing to take something or use the rhythm method, it’s not 100% either. 6F3F8D5B-BF43-462C-B98B-13C77BE02690.thumb.png.b68d352529efc3a8b213b501e7ce17e2.png

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

FFS, Fornicating Martin.  If  you're going to argue about something use the right word.  CONCEPTION not inception.  I hope all of the women you had sex with have found a way to remove any trace of you from their memory.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I bet Lori would change her tune if she had a serious, eye popping, toe curling, hot monkey sex orgasm. You know, the kind where your entire uterus contracts and you can have another orgasm just thinking about it. 

I woke up a few days ago to one of the best orgasms of my recent life. I wish I could remember what I was dreaming about because that would make some good material for my now solo flying.

I've never had a dream orgasm so strongly before.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 6

5 hours ago, louisa05 said:

my question is who pays for this requirement?

In my state, the individual. My husband is a teacher. We paid for his master's degree out of pocket while still paying for his undergraduate degree. IIRC, the district paid $500 per year as reimbursement, that was not even close to paying for 1 class. We were lucky I didn't have any student loans but it was still a huge burden. After 20 years in education with a master's degree he only makes mid 60s and that includes coaching 2 sports. 

Bottom line, it is a huge financial burden and the amount of disrespect he gets from parents and other adults is ridiculous. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 1

Did anyone see the news tonight about the cliff collapse in Encinitas, California? It’s rigjt near where Lori and her family always go (Alyssa too). One person killed 3 injured.  So sad.  Wonder if she’ll mention it at all 

• Sad 4

if you think my fat ass is being "sexualized" in shorts or jeans, you got BIG problems that you might want to consult a professional for. But, with the weight I've lost lately, it's entirely possible that they'll fall right off my non-existent fat ass (wide, yes, and flat as fuck), especially if I do something stupid like put my phone in my back pocket. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

48 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

Aw crap. Lori is going to like Roosh V even more now.

6DB5EDD8-677F-4022-8204-253834F9285F.jpeg.866f4fd4fcc1aaddf421292d578e1d44.jpeg

Sorry for the GIANT screenshot!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hollyfeller said:

I don't care if someone is looking at my lower body in pants and think it's looking nice. That's not my problem. I wear mostly pants because they are practical in my freetime and mandatory at work. While I love skirts and dresses during warm weather, I don't give up pants just because some fucked up dude demands because I look fucktastick in pants. Another one who can sit naked on a cactus. Silly me gets the mental image of a bunch of fundie dudes sitting on a row of cactuses while Lori dirigents their pain screams into a melody.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 11
  • Love 3

I got to thinking that Lori (and bloggers like Pulpit and Pen, Bayly or annoying Todd Friel) are very much like our adversary himself: Satan.  

- he twists the word of God 

- he likes to pile condemnation on believers

- he roars about like a lion, seeking whom he might devour

Their main purpose in blogging, or broadcasting in the case of Mr. Friel, is to have a say in everything everyone else is doing wrong, as per their understanding of the Bible.  They aim their darts at every action they consider "unbiblical", like women having jobs outside of the home or speaking in the presence of men, and they condemn these people for not understanding Scripture the way they do.  They lie in waiting for the next evangelical to fall so they can get there first and devour him or her.  

They don't care about the "sinner" in question, they just want to gloat and congratulate themselves while accusing the fallen for having fallen.  Lori doesn't care whether Joshua and Shannon Harris stay married or get a divorce, she just cares about congratulating herself for still being married, because divorce is the unforgivable sin that True Evangelical Christians never commit. She didn't care that Rachel Held Evans's untimely death left a young family in shock, no, the "godly mentor" only cared about the way RHE didn't uphold  her twisted ideologies and dared to speak up against them.  She rejoices in the thought that RHE might be in hell.

Lori's followers need to open their eyes to the true nature of their leader before they become just like her: roaring lions prowling around waiting for whom they may tear down, destroy and devour. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 10

6 hours ago, feministxtian said:

if you think my fat ass is being "sexualized" in shorts or jeans, you got BIG problems that you might want to consult a professional for. But, with the weight I've lost lately, it's entirely possible that they'll fall right off my non-existent fat ass (wide, yes, and flat as fuck), especially if I do something stupid like put my phone in my back pocket. 

Girl, SAME. Only my ass is not only 2 axe handles wide, it's a bubble to boot. So I do tend to wear dresses, just because it is a bitch-kitty to find jeans that fit.

• Upvote 8

What about tight, shape hugging skirts like Jill Rodrigues wears? Does she get off on a technicality? Nothing short of a burqa (sp) will satisf men like Roosh. Hateful bastard.

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

Oh, you silly little shaggy-bearded man-boy. Believing women care what you think. Believing women will throw out all their pants just because YOU say they shouldn't be wearing them. :NAWAK:

Bless your heart.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

When I was a young heathen (actually, it's what firmly planted me in the heathen camp), my parents sent me to a Christian School in our small Alabama town. It was IFB, I later found out. This was their stance on pants. It was an ACE school and my education suffered greatly. But, I learned my finest rebellion skills there. One byproduct of this is that I haven't worn a dress or skirt in years. ( The one exception was a bartending job in the 90s in which I wore miniskirts) If I can't wear pants or shorts, I don't go. I just can't bring myself to put on a dress. All these wonderful skirts at Hippie Gypsy (local store), and I've made it into the changing room a couple times, but just can't put em on. Mr. Heathen suggested starting with a shorter skirt, one that wouldn't be modest ( oh that hateful word). I may try that. I know it may seem silly-it does to me- to let a 45-year old experience affect me in such a way, but it's a visceral reaction. Thanks for letting me vent.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 19

I always laugh that these guys don't give a thought as to whether woman look at men in a sexual way.

I'm an old married lady and I still enjoy seeing a man in a nice fitting pair of pants.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 19

• Coconut Flan locked this topic