IGNORED

Lori Alexander 69: cold, angry, mean and racist

Honestly, I'm gonna guess that Lori was not a great student. If she didn't have to pay for her education perhaps there was no incentive to do well. Her poor research skills and black and white thinking would also make sense. Perhaps it's my APA format training but we were taught to never write as she does. For goodness sakes, she was trying to use a middle school project website to prove why feminism is bad. If she didn't do well its easier to say college is evil rather than admit that she didn't do well and that's why she didn't learn anything. But I don't think she'd do that. Heck, maybe she did great in college. 

But I think what annoys me the most is the utter refusal to take responsibility for themselves. Her followers like to blame college for tempting people, for why they didn't do well in school, etc. But maybe they should take responsibility for themselves? If you fall away during college that is a personal choice, you made the choice to pursue that line of thinking and make decisions based on that thinking. Sure people can tempt you and pressure you but ultimately it's a personal choice. I don't really blame anyone for becoming feminist. I saw the material, on Pinterest no less, and decided to pursue and research that line of thinking. However, Lori, as much as she preaches taking responsibility, does not take responsibility where it counts. It's always somebody else's fault. 

• Upvote 19

7 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Honestly, I'm gonna guess that Lori was not a great student. If she didn't have to pay for her education perhaps there was no incentive to do well. Her poor research skills and black and white thinking would also make sense. Perhaps it's my APA format training but we were taught to never write as she does. For goodness sakes, she was trying to use a middle school project website to prove why feminism is bad. If she didn't do well its easier to say college is evil rather than admit that she didn't do well and that's why she didn't learn anything. But I don't think she'd do that. Heck, maybe she did great in college. 

But I think what annoys me the most is the utter refusal to take responsibility for themselves. Her followers like to blame college for tempting people, for why they didn't do well in school, etc. But maybe they should take responsibility for themselves? If you fall away during college that is a personal choice, you made the choice to pursue that line of thinking and make decisions based on that thinking. Sure people can tempt you and pressure you but ultimately it's a personal choice. I don't really blame anyone for becoming feminist. I saw the material, on Pinterest no less, and decided to pursue and research that line of thinking. However, Lori, as much as she preaches taking responsibility, does not take responsibility where it counts. It's always somebody else's fault. 

I didn’t come out as a feminist until AFTER college. I guess I’ve always been equality for all person. I watched my dad tell my mom she was right even if she was wrong. He only fought her on a few things. My mom would tell you that it wasn’t true. That my dad fought only for things he felt strongly about. Watching this made me promise I would never let a guy apologize when he was right. 

College didn’t change who I truly was. It didn’t make me liberal feminist life did. Lori loves to use college and the Bible as a way to say her way is right. I didn’t do this but you should because I’m right. It is easier to deflect then it is to admit when wrong. Lori has never come out and said she was wrong and made a mistake because xyz. She has said she didn’t know or she was too sick. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 2

I can totally see Lori being that college student that complains about college level work in a college class, wants to be given extra time to do/make up an assignment without good reason, etc.

I can't see Lori having been a great student in college.

• Upvote 18

On 7/30/2019 at 10:48 PM, Lgirlrocks said:

Having kids so you won’t be lonely when your older is a very bad reason to have kids. I’ve been told by my bf’s parents that that’s why we need to have kids. Neither of us wants kids. Honestly if I ever changed my mind, say in my 50’s, I could always adopt, foster, or volunteer my time with kids. I have cousins and will eventually have more nieces and nephews. 

I don't have kids and I don't want them. When someone tell me that I will regret that later in life I tell them that I rather regret to be childless than to regret to have children or worse, line me into the line of people who it would have been better to never become parents (hello Lori, Zsuzsana Anderson, Nicole Naugler, and their company). And for the loneliness, pets are wonderfull companions

On 7/31/2019 at 8:54 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Lori herself paid for her children's college, including one of her daughters. So she insults herself, too.

She insults mothers who don't homeschool, while she has at least 1 grandkid at a regular preschool.

She insults *inmodest* women while one daughter wears tight dancing clothes and the other daughter's wedding gown was backless.

Lori has 2 personalities. One is the internet hateful superfundamentalist. The other is a hateful middle class woman that despite her preachings, wants her children to have good jobs, nice clothes and (I'm sure) small families.

No matter the religion or culture, Lori would everywhere be the unlikeable person full of hate and arrogance that she is. She only cares about herself and her husband and children are only extensions for her own purpose by providing her with a cozy life and an elevation of her social standing.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 9

I think that Lori may have been a B student.  Ken had mentioned that Lori went to grad school, so her grades had to be decent to get in.  

I think that she should return her degree, tell the university that she attended what she thinks of women getting education , since she found college useless.  But she won't, because she knows that she will look stupid.

• Upvote 9

Here she goes again today, "there is no verses in the Bible that tell women to go out and get jobs."   

What part of "where God is silent there is liberty" (which Lori and Ken have discussed before) doesn't she get?   

Once again, Lori -- there is no specific verses in the Bible that that tell women to be on social media all day every day, but yet you do.   The Bible doesn't address a lot of things, because God wants us to have liberty to use our brains and figure may things out for ourselves -- especially the daily living parts which have 0% to do with salvation.  Stop heaping rules upon rules upon laws upon more laws. That's legalism, not faith. 

You exhaust me, Lori. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

Did y'all see where Dr. Lori recommended castor oil for eye problems?  I think instead she might want to use black salve.  Doesn't it cure everything.  Maybe she should take a big dose of castor oil because we all know what she's full of.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 1

This is the second instance of a dude mansplaining being a woman I've seen on FB in the last 24 hours.  Shawn is mansplaining periods now.  I just can't.

periods.JPG.02767491b45d5850b58fddf2b3da6a00.JPG

• Angry 2
  • WTF 13

10 hours ago, freealljs said:

I think that Lori may have been a B student.  Ken had mentioned that Lori went to grad school, so her grades had to be decent to get in.  

I think that she should return her degree, tell the university that she attended what she thinks of women getting education , since she found college useless.  But she won't, because she knows that she will look stupid.

I'm a teacher so I can say this, getting into a grad program for teachers doesn't really prove a lot...

To get into grad programs designed for teachers to simply advance on the pay scale, you usually just have to have a teaching certificate. Those are typically degrees in "Curriculum and Instruction" or some such thing; a popular new one is "educational leadership". More specialized programs like administration, counseling and such that lead to doing a specific job do have more stringent entrance requirements. 

Some states do (or at least did in the past) require grades of C or above in all coursework that is required for certification. Back when I was initially certified, that was the case for an initial fresh out of college certificate. Not a C average, mind you, but a C or above in each one of those individual courses. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

21 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

This is the second instance of a dude mansplaining being a woman I've seen on FB in the last 24 hours.  Shawn is mansplaining periods now.  I just can't.

periods.JPG.02767491b45d5850b58fddf2b3da6a00.JPG

And does he want to mansplain about the women that are child bearing age and they have very, very irregular periods? They don't have the monthly reminder... does that make them less of a woman? ?

• Upvote 15

Let's go with Shaun's logic here.

Men, women, children and animals are reminded daily (sometimes more) that God miraculously designed them to shut down and dream, then wake up again.

Men, women, children and animals are reminded several times a day that God created their bodies especially to process food and water, then piss and shit out the waste.

Men are reminded a few times a day or week (teenage boys every few minutes) that their body was designed by God to father children.

So, why the fuck are these men doing other things like earning money, playing sports, reading books,  laughing at jokes, posting on the internet, etc. Why are dogs leaping in the air after balls, and doing agility? How dare cats chase yarn or sit in boxes manufactured by humans who should be at home, eating, sleeping and shitting?

Biology is destiny, dammit! Limit yourselves to those minimal functions for which God designed your body, just like Shaun expects women to do.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 5
  • Love 8

21 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

And does he want to mansplain about the women that are child bearing age and they have very, very irregular periods? They don't have the monthly reminder... does that make them less of a woman? ?

I would love for him to try having periods and see if that changes his opinion at all!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

Lori replying to comment on posts about moatherhood and I fertile: “amen! Women were created to nurture! It’s in our being.”

Also Lori on many occasions: “Women have to be taught to love their children and husbands because it doesn’t come naturally.”

contradiction much??

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

I seriously doubt Lori attended grad school -- she's never specifically confirmed she has an MA/ MS.  What she has said is that she took classes after college in order to get her teaching certification.

I think she's just calling whatever she did after undergrad  'grad school.' I've never heard of anyone having to get an MA in order to be certified to teach. 

In my day if you intended to teach you took all of your education classroom coursework as an undergraduate culminating in your teaching practicum ("student teaching") for a quarter/semester in your senior year.

After graduation and armed with your transcript showing successful completion of education coursework  and documentation of successfully finishing student teaching (including letters from your supervisory teachers) you then applied for your certificate.  Once granted you were licensed to teach. I know this to be true because I did it, although never taught in public school.

Now.... if you wanted to make more money as a teacher or go into school administration, then you got your MA/ MS, usually in Education or something like that.

• Upvote 8

13 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Women were created to nurture!

Lori Alexander doesn't have a hurturing bone in her hateful body. And I know some men who are more nuturing than their wives, Mr. SB is one. Biology is not destiny, it's just biology. 

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I'm still trying to figure out why being a feminist is so bad. I've never really considered myself to be a feminist, but I absolutely believe in equal rights for women. I was raised to be that way - by Christian parents. My Dad is as much of a feminist as I am, maybe more so than my mum. Most of the Christians I know believe in equal rights for women. What is un-Christian about that? Wouldn't it be more un-Christian to be *against* equal rights for women?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

43 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Lori Alexander doesn't have a hurturing bone in her hateful body. And I know some men who are more nuturing than their wives, Mr. SB is one. Biology is not destiny, it's just biology. 

I realise this was a typo, but actually Lori is full of “hurturing” bones!

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, KDA said:

I'm still trying to figure out why being a feminist is so bad. I've never really considered myself to be a feminist, but I absolutely believe in equal rights for women. I was raised to be that way - by Christian parents. My Dad is as much of a feminist as I am, maybe more so than my mum. Most of the Christians I know believe in equal rights for women. What is un-Christian about that? Wouldn't it be more un-Christian to be *against* equal rights for women?

My dad became a feminist the day I was born.  He would not tolerate anyone telling him his daughter couldn't do whatever she wanted!  Both of my parents were super supportive of my engineering dreams.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 5

So random thought. If women are taking on all this college debt what are guys doing? Are they not applying? Is Lori saying guys aren't smart enough? Are more woman going to college? 

• Upvote 10

37 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

So random thought. If women are taking on all this college debt what are guys doing? Are they not applying? Is Lori saying guys aren't smart enough? Are more woman going to college? 

Per her tweet yesterday, women are taking over colleges and men’s jobs. 

Which leads me to wonder- we know Steven has what appears to be a successful practice... maybe one of the two Ryans was passed over. 

Of course, when I checked Twitter to confirm her allegation, I couldn’t help but notice that she’s tweeted about women not having the god sanctioned right we think it is. So it’s highly likely that she’s trying to boost her notoriety.

Most people go on vacation to relax, enjoy being in a new place, spend time with friends and family, and disconnect from tech and the need to always be available. But Lori dearest is hyper focused on internet fame- even when her daughter and grand babies were visiting. 

She is not teaching anything and is most certainly pushing people away from God. 

It is also becoming abundantly clear that there is something wrong with her- physically, spiritually, mentally, and emotionally. 

• Upvote 15

47 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

Per her tweet yesterday, women are taking over colleges and men’s jobs. 

I remember reading something that more women than men are going to college these days and I believe are around 50% of all STEM students. 

As far as "taking over men's jobs"...well, if your talent pool is slanted towards female...well...

And, what exactly IS a "man's job"? 

• Upvote 18

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

More women are going to college and obtaining degrees than men in the US, it seems.

I found some sources not behind a paywall:

https://time.com/4064665/women-college-degree/

https://www.ibtimes.com/why-are-more-women-men-going-college-213255

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/03/06/womens-college-enrollment-gains-leave-men-behind/

Not reason to tell women to not go to college. Everyone is going at record levels, really. Not that Lori would have justification to tell anyone not to go, though.

Edited by Dreadcrumbs
additions
  • Upvote 10

53 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I remember reading something that more women than men are going to college these days and I believe are around 50% of all STEM students. 

As far as "taking over men's jobs"...well, if your talent pool is slanted towards female...well...

And, what exactly IS a "man's job"? 

I am an engineer and was fortunately enough to have no student debt after undergrad (Florida has a great scholarship program for public universities), and minimal debt after grad.  I got a decent paying job afterwards so I was able to be debt free in just a few years.  However that's not nearly so easy if you are in a low paying field like teaching or public service.  Not that I have any data to back this up.  I'm just speculating!

• Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

I am an engineer and was fortunately enough to have no student debt after undergrad (Florida has a great scholarship program for public universities), and minimal debt after grad.  I got a decent paying job afterwards so I was able to be debt free in just a few years.  However that's not nearly so easy if you are in a low paying field like teaching or public service.  Not that I have any data to back this up.  I'm just speculating!

I was a mechanical/piping designer...had my AAS paid for in full. About 10 years ago, the company I worked for and other similar companies were actively recruiting women in the different engineering departments. They had no problem filling the slots. I've also found that MOST women are easier to work with, work more collaboratively then men who just have to be right all the damn time even if they're wrong. 

• Upvote 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic