IGNORED

Lori Alexander 69: cold, angry, mean and racist

2 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

I never attended my high school reunions beyond the 10 year reunion because even then, I could not relate to these former classmates at all, I felt I was in a time warp for those few hours.    

Good grief, high school was not a bad experience for me but if it was the highlight of my life, I would have to ask myself what I am doing wrong.  

I went to the 10 year and have never gone to another one. I just go by what I see on FB occasionally. They go to the Outer Banks of NC every summer, occasionally Disney World, have seasons' passes to Busch Gardens, it's a whole lot of same shit, different day. None of them live more than 5-10 miles from the house they grew up in...to me, a VERY boring life. But, I'm the one who can see the LV strip from my house (for now, we're planning to move further SW). A few have blown town but the majority are still in my hometown or damn close to it. They still all hang out together. Its like they've never really grown up. I mean, after almost 40 years they still are trying to be the same people they were in HS. 

I'm far from the same person...and of course, blowing town and moving across the damn country (to Las Vegas no less), leaves me NOTHING to have in common anymore. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

I don't think everyone that stays close to home is trying to stay the same or relive high school. I run our class reunions (my parents still live back home, I would like to retire there but I am raising my family around 2 hours from "home".) I have fun at the reunions, I knew almost everyone in the class and I hope all succeed in their own path so for me it is a fun social event, I do stick closer to the friends I was close to in school but I mingle with everyone.

I find that after the first bit of conversations of "remember when" we all get into, married/children/careers/health/parents (if you knew their parents or siblings), etc. 2 reunions ago I found out one of the guys that struggled is flying all over the country as his company's head fix-it guy. I don't know what exactly he does but he fixes big machines. I love learning from others so learning about my classmates lives since school is fascinating to me, everyone has a different path and it is interesting on how some people got to where they are today (either by staying close to home or across the country).

I get wanting to live close to the familiar and family. Sometimes it would be great if we lived close to family that could help us out with the kids. I also think most of us (in general as humans) have some things in common. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 3

On 7/24/2019 at 2:45 PM, onemama said:

Rebuking is not a right but a responsibility, and this is not a responsibility to be taken lightly or abused.

Exactly.  In the church I was part of, I mentioned to someone I didn't know well that I had been a Christian for five years.  Later in our conversation, she said to me, "After five years, there's things there that shouldn't be there."

She never told me what those things were, and I was never brave enough to ask her.

Now, if my husband, or someone that knew me very well, said something similar, I think I'd have the responsibility to listen up and take them seriously,

• WTF 4
  • Love 4

@fransalley

I usually go by the belief that as I am not God, I do not get to appoint myself someone else's Holy Spirit (which from theology proper is the member of the GodHead responsible for both salvation and sanctification). Meaning - convicting someone of sin - God's job, not mine.  It makes me incredibly sad that anyone would dein to measure your faith and journey that way.

I see my job as showing the fruit of the Spirit - love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. I think of it as my Christian job description. Until I can do my job well, I've got no business promoting myself up the food chain. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

So Lori can rebuke men because it’s not teaching them but she can’t tell women how they should be treated by men because that’s teaching men? Makes no sense to me. 

BE786600-9276-4081-B9D8-FB9244A5A103.thumb.jpeg.64262ad2935d03fbe2e1dc78f44c3010.jpeg

Spoiler

0864E4C0-4996-4AD3-A191-D016D970DEC0.thumb.jpeg.237fd2b033470e7d0ccd19c05928e00d.jpeg

Lori needs to figure this out. A true godly women will tell women to leave abusive situations. She will teach them that men are supposed to protect women not rule over them. Women have brains for a reason. We are no longer property. What Lori does is spew random things and not know what they mean. She gets backed into a corner and deletes everything that proves her wrong. 

• Upvote 8

I look at this beautiful, diverse, intricately created world around us. I cannot fathom that the very God that created the world created women that all have the same purpose and gifts. In fact, I know He didn’t. I’m NOTHING like Lori and her fans. 

I don’t believe that He expects us to keep our talents under wraps. He expects us to use them to the best of our ability- for His glory, and to be a light to the world. My younger sisters are identical twins, but it doesn’t go much beyond appearances- they are absolutely individuals with different personalities, hopes, dreams, gifts, etc.

I don’t understand why Lori and her crew have such a limited view on God. 

If God isn’t calling women to fulfill their purpose, why does He give them hopes and dreams? I know Lori et al would say it’s sin or the jezebel spirit or something like that, but I don’t believe a loving God would do that. I believe the path set out before me and the doors that have opened along the way are a result of God’s plans for my life. 

And if her fan girls truly believe that they are doing what they are called to do, why are they so snarky and repulsive acting? They should be radiating peace. I think their reactions are because of something they are wrestling with themselves, or jealousy- but I don’t think they care to admit it. They present as bitter and self righteous. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 14

11 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

Their god is as small as their minds. They can't think of a God who is full of wisdom, mercy and grace. They see god as someone petty, vengeful, merciless, demanding perfect adherence to a bunch of "laws" and just waiting to toss you into everlasting destruction when you fuck up. 

My God is HUGE...if they could spin the universe into existence, then they are beyond anything I can fathom...they don't demand my perfection, they DESIRE my love...because they created ME and loves ME. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 5

I just stalked her FB...bitch be trippin. Quote from Rushdoony on there...

Lord, save me from "believers"

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Today a FB friend brought up the subject of selecting deacons for the church.  I responded that I take issue with men only as deacons.  She said it's biblical.  Another friend of hers posted that he changed his position after 45 years of ministry.  He did some deep research and found that it is not biblical to say women cannot be church leaders (sorry for the double negatives).  This is the title of his book that he mentioned in the post is "Should Women Be Pastor's and Leaders in church? My Journey to discover what the Bible says about Gender Roles."

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, molecule said:

As if Murdoch's News isn't bad enough.... now they're giving air to the stupid words of this woman. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, fransalley said:

"After five years, there's things there that shouldn't be there."

I remember my father once told me that my behavior didn't reflect what I claimed to be: a Christian. It hurt and drove us further apart.

12 hours ago, fransalley said:

Now, if my husband, or someone that knew me very well, said something similar, I think I'd have the responsibility to listen up and take them seriously,

True. But there has to be an open conversation. Just because the person knows you well, it doesn't mean that they know what is driving your current behavior.  

11 hours ago, AuntKrazy said:

I usually go by the belief that as I am not God, I do not get to appoint myself someone else's Holy Spirit (which from theology proper is the member of the GodHead responsible for both salvation and sanctification). Meaning - convicting someone of sin - God's job, not mine. 

This is true. I think there's a difference between pointing out a behavior that's harmful and trying to play Holy Spirit.  For example, a wife points out to her husband that he's drinking too much, which is affecting his and his family's life and asks him to seek help. That's not playing Holy Spirit, but it is pointing out a behavior that needs checking.  Contrast: a wife tells her husband "you need to get right with the Lord. Your idolatry (drinking) is destroying you and your family".  In both cases, wife pointed out a problem. In case 2, she spiritualized it and threw a stone.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Today a FB friend brought up the subject of selecting deacons for the church.  I responded that I take issue with men only as deacons.  She said it's biblical.  Another friend of hers posted that he changed his position after 45 years of ministry.  He did some deep research and found that it is not biblical to say women cannot be church leaders (sorry for the double negatives).  This is the title of his book that he mentioned in the post is "Should Women Be Pastor's and Leaders in church? My Journey to discover what the Bible says about Gender Roles."

I've watched the struggle with the position of "women can't be deacons" my entire life.  I grew up in Pentecostal denomination and my aunt (who lived halfway across the country from me) served as a deacon in her church, same denomination, for a few years.  I never knew the reason for the reason why her church allowed women to serve in this role when my church (and most of the others I've been exposed to) reserve that role for men. 

I too take issue with the declaration that men can only serve in that role.  My current church is slowly turning the gears in women serving in leadership roles but I feel that it will probably be a few more years before we see any meaningful changes.  

• Upvote 6

Another day of 'regretting' that college education.

“I regret my college education. If you want to be a wife and a mom, you will likely feel aimless like I did. Many people see college as necessary, but it isn’t. For aspiring homemakers, the cost may not be worth the benefits.”

I agree that college isn't always necessary.  But why can't even aspiring homemakers get a degree in something? Even just a general liberal arts degree, if there is such a thing anymore? You know, literature, art history, world civilizations, a language, enough math and science to be able to properly homeschool your kids when they get past the basics? I don't get this need to keep women so ignorant, especially when they're expected to teach their own children.

And then our friend Deanna Tullison, she of the ALLCAPS, says in one comment that women do NOT need a degree, and in another that she has not just a bachelor's degree but a MASTER'S. All right for her, but not for anyone else, apparently. She and Lori are two peas in a pod.

Deanna's first comment:

Jennifer you do NOT a degree to work for YASHUA HAMASHIAC. What degrees did his prophets or his disciples have. What seminary school did they attend????? None they were taught by GOD fearing mothers.

And her second:

What I regret is NOT finishing in "timely manner".......should have completed studies in less than 5 years......it took double that time to get a Bachelor's and Master's Degree in Nursing.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

14 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Deanna's first comment:

Jennifer you do NOT a degree to work for YASHUA HAMASHIAC. What degrees did his prophets or his disciples have. What seminary school did they attend????? None they were taught by GOD fearing mothers.

Deanna is stupid. No, Jesus wasn't just taught by Mary. Kids in that day and age (if the family could afford to have a child not be helping around the house/family business) the child would spend time at the temple learning from the elders. https://www.thattheworldmayknow.com/rabbi-and-talmidim 

• Upvote 15

30 minutes ago, Loveday said:

And then our friend Deanna Tullison, she of the ALLCAPS, says in one comment that women do NOT need a degree, and in another that she has not just a bachelor's degree but a MASTER'S.

Did Deanna learn anything in college?  Her 'MASTER'S' apparently didn't do anything for her writing/thinking skills.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Did Deanna learn anything in college?  Her 'MASTER'S' apparently didn't do anything for her writing/thinking skills.  

I, too, find it hard to believe she learned anything. Or that she even HAS a master's degree, to be honest, in nursing or anything else. But surely she wouldn't lie about that, would she? YASHUA HAMASHIAC* would not approve of lying.

*isn't it supposed to be Yeshua, not Yashua? My knowledge of Hebrew is nil; I need to do some 'goggling.'  And it annoys me to no end that she uses Hebrew instead of just saying Jesus, or the Lord, or whatever other English term is generally used for Christ. Unless, of course, she's of Jewish background herself, but I don't think she is.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, AuntKrazy said:

I see my job as showing the fruit of the Spirit - love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. I think of it as my Christian job description. Until I can do my job well, I've got no business promoting myself up the food chain. 

I love this. I think if all Christians followed that, the world would be a much better place. People claiming to be Christian should be trying to spread love and grace, not hate. Ahem, Lori, PP, etc.

13 hours ago, Frog99 said:

I look at this beautiful, diverse, intricately created world around us. I cannot fathom that the very God that created the world created women that all have the same purpose and gifts. In fact, I know He didn’t. I’m NOTHING like Lori and her fans. 

If God isn’t calling women to fulfill their purpose, why does He give them hopes and dreams? I know Lori et al would say it’s sin or the jezebel spirit or something like that, but I don’t believe a loving God would do that.

I agree totally. The bolded part there is a large part of how I shape my views. If God is loving, as Jesus' said, AND if God made everyone and knew their entire life from the beginning, then no one should be struggling with something inherent in them being viewed as "sin". I tend to word it as "If God didn't want people to be ___________, He shouldn't have made them that way." As in, if God didn't want women to be leaders in the church, He shouldn't have made women who feel that calling. If God only wanted women to be mothers, He shouldn't have made infertility a thing. If God didn't want people to be gay, He shouldn't have made them be attracted to who they are attracted to.

My God is not a super villain who enjoys seeing others suffer (that's Lori's thing), so He's not going around making people who can't be happy without "sinning", then claiming to love them but sending them to burn for eternity for simply being what He made them to be. That's evil.

9 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Today a FB friend brought up the subject of selecting deacons for the church.  I responded that I take issue with men only as deacons.  She said it's biblical.  

My pastor says Phoebe was the first deacon, if I remember correctly. We have more female deacons than male ones, most of the time. Including my unmarried, childless, career-minded, independent sister. 

20 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I agree that college isn't always necessary.  But why can't even aspiring homemakers get a degree in something? Even just a general liberal arts degree, if there is such a thing anymore? You know, literature, art history, world civilizations, a language, enough math and science to be able to properly homeschool your kids when they get past the basics? I don't get this need to keep women so ignorant, especially when they're expected to teach their own children.

I think it's partly because educated people (usually) have the capability to actually think, and even think critically. Learning about history puts the Bible in context. Learning about literature helps you to dig down to the deeper meanings or themes not so obvious in the words themselves. Learning about math and science help you to think analytically (and combined with that literature learning does away with that "every word of the bible is inerrant" thing - Jesus spoke in metaphors and parables, but sure the world was created in 7 literal 24-hour days despite "days" not even existing at the beginning of the process...). Learning about world civilizations makes it clear that white, Christian, straight nuclear families are not the norm worldwide, and can expose you to the idea that people who are "different" than you are not automatically "doomed sinners" who need to be converted.

Also, less educated people are easier to control - much easier to dupe someone into following your teachings, if they haven't already learned a different truth. Much easier to keep someone "in the faith" if they don't ask hard questions. Very few highly educated people are going to listen to Lori Alexander's drivel, or listen to Bro. Gary preaching, and take them on face value. Many of their "biblical" directives fall apart if you take the verses in context. Which requires reading comprehension and critical thinking. 

Also also - some of these undereducated (and frankly sometimes less intelligent) followers, really want to feel superior. They can't or won't climb their way up, but it's much easier to try to bring other people down to their level - women shouldn't be educated, kids should only be educated by their ignorant mothers, and slowly the standards fall.

Ugh, Lori sucks so much. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

15 hours ago, Frog99 said:

I agree with everything you said.  I think they box God in and box women in because essentially it is the easy way out and lazy -- and we know Lori is lazy.  If you limit yourself to a finite set of very tightly bound rules, you don't have to use critical thinking,  you don't really have to try, you certainly shouldn't feel any emotions, and  you can just fall back on a robot-like existence.  

But we were created with more complexity for a reason. We are expected to be challenged emotionally, physically (through our hard labors -- and that might be figuring out how to be single, SAHM or a working mom/wife -- each have their own unique challenges) and spiritually. That's how we grow -- not by being the perfect little woman/robot.   And they also use it as a bragging point: "See how I follow all these rules? I am perfect!"

It's a really simplistic and may be a  bad analogy -- but it's like if the only food in the world was chicken -- you would never have to worry about what you are making for dinner -- you just default to chicken every day -- day in day out.   So by Lori and her ilk making this set of rules for what it means to be a woman, they just default to that without having to actually work at it (although I would also argue its very tough because what she prescribes is to suppress and feelings, thoughts, personality or individuality that God gave us in the first place which makes us uniquely us -- and that is hard)

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Deanna is stupid. No, Jesus wasn't just taught by Mary. Kids in that day and age (if the family could afford to have a child not be helping around the house/family business) the child would spend time at the temple learning from the elders. https://www.thattheworldmayknow.com/rabbi-and-talmidim 

I'm no Bible scholar, but I do remember that Jesus wasn't taught only by Mary. There's the story where Mary and Joseph go looking for him. They find him in the temple and he says Am I not in my Father's house?

I forget though, these are the people who only pay attention to Paul, not the Son of Man, who brought a new covenant.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

54 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I, too, find it hard to believe she learned anything. Or that she even HAS a master's degree, to be honest, in nursing or anything else. But surely she wouldn't lie about that, would she? YASHUA HAMASHIAC* would not approve of lying.

*isn't it supposed to be Yeshua, not Yashua? My knowledge of Hebrew is nil; I need to do some 'goggling.'  And it annoys me to no end that she uses Hebrew instead of just saying Jesus, or the Lord, or whatever other English term is generally used for Christ. Unless, of course, she's of Jewish background herself, but I don't think she is.

I think it is her way of trying to show everyone she is smarter than the other idiots on the page. When I google her spelling it shows me results for Yeshuah, so you are right, she spelled it wrong. I had to google what it was, I had never read Jesus' name that way. Again, she is just trying to show that she is uber special and smart. :pb_rollseyes:

3 minutes ago, sixcatatty said:

I'm no Bible scholar, but I do remember that Jesus wasn't taught only by Mary. There's the story where Mary and Joseph go looking for him. They find him in the temple and he says Am I not in my Father's house?

I forget though, these are the people who only pay attention to Paul, not the Son of Man, who brought a new covenant.

Yup, that story is in Luke 2:41-52 (NIV). When I read the article I posted this passage makes more sense as to the accomplishments in education for a boy in Jesus' time. At the age of 12 would be the first time the boy would participate in Passover in Jerusalem. 

• Upvote 9

54 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I love this. I think if all Christians followed that, the world would be a much better place. People claiming to be Christian should be trying to spread love and grace, not hate. Ahem, Lori, PP, etc.

I agree totally. The bolded part there is a large part of how I shape my views. If God is loving, as Jesus' said, AND if God made everyone and knew their entire life from the beginning, then no one should be struggling with something inherent in them being viewed as "sin". I tend to word it as "If God didn't want people to be ___________, He shouldn't have made them that way." As in, if God didn't want women to be leaders in the church, He shouldn't have made women who feel that calling. If God only wanted women to be mothers, He shouldn't have made infertility a thing. If God didn't want people to be gay, He shouldn't have made them be attracted to who they are attracted to.

My God is not a super villain who enjoys seeing others suffer (that's Lori's thing), so He's not going around making people who can't be happy without "sinning", then claiming to love them but sending them to burn for eternity for simply being what He made them to be. That's evil.

My pastor says Phoebe was the first deacon, if I remember correctly. We have more female deacons than male ones, most of the time. Including my unmarried, childless, career-minded, independent sister. 

I think it's partly because educated people (usually) have the capability to actually think, and even think critically. Learning about history puts the Bible in context. Learning about literature helps you to dig down to the deeper meanings or themes not so obvious in the words themselves. Learning about math and science help you to think analytically (and combined with that literature learning does away with that "every word of the bible is inerrant" thing - Jesus spoke in metaphors and parables, but sure the world was created in 7 literal 24-hour days despite "days" not even existing at the beginning of the process...). Learning about world civilizations makes it clear that white, Christian, straight nuclear families are not the norm worldwide, and can expose you to the idea that people who are "different" than you are not automatically "doomed sinners" who need to be converted.

Also, less educated people are easier to control - much easier to dupe someone into following your teachings, if they haven't already learned a different truth. Much easier to keep someone "in the faith" if they don't ask hard questions. Very few highly educated people are going to listen to Lori Alexander's drivel, or listen to Bro. Gary preaching, and take them on face value. Many of their "biblical" directives fall apart if you take the verses in context. Which requires reading comprehension and critical thinking. 

Also also - some of these undereducated (and frankly sometimes less intelligent) followers, really want to feel superior. They can't or won't climb their way up, but it's much easier to try to bring other people down to their level - women shouldn't be educated, kids should only be educated by their ignorant mothers, and slowly the standards fall.

Ugh, Lori sucks so much. 

From what I’ve learned the “days” that god created the earth were heavenly days not earthly. A day in heaven is a million years on earth. There is so much about the Bible that can be learned if you dig deeper. I don’t get how anyone who wants to home school their kids doesn’t want to get a higher education. To teach high school or below you have to have a bachelors degree. To teach at the college level you have to have a masters degree. School continues to get more advanced. An eighth grade degree used to be the same as a college degree. 

I’ve said this before but I don’t regret college. I hate all of the interest I have to pay on my loans. I made some amazing friends and learned a lot. I have my current job because of it. It helped me to grow as a person. 

Edited by Lgirlrocks
  • Upvote 11

I think "Yeshua" is a more accurate transliteration than "Yashua" -- a variation of the name "Y'hoshuah," which we'd probably translate as Joshua.

The prefix "ha" means "the," and "mashiakh" (which ends with that throat-clearing sound that occurs in Hebrew and German) means messiah. So she uses an odd transliteration of that one, as well.

As for why some people use badly transliterated Hebrew instead of English - who knows? I guess some think they are closer to the source, or that it makes them sound educated. Some use it to drive home their belief that they are the true chosen people, or that Jesus was the messiah supposedly predicted in Isaiah.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Ugh, Lori sucks so much. 

Thank you for putting into words what I knew to be the answer to my question but just hadn't really thought it through completely myself. I don't have a college degree, just a couple years' worth of credits (mostly in history; I took every course a particular professor offered at my local community college some years ago--he was an expert in British and early American history and really should have been teaching at a university), but I can't imagine not wanting to at least LEARN things, whether from formal higher education or from simply reading everything I can get my hands on. Lori and her ilk, though, would prefer that women only get their hands on a KJV Bible and then only turn to certain pages therein. And never, ever question.

These people seem to just not want to know ANYTHING.

And yes, Lori sucks. Big time.

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic