IGNORED

Maxwell 32: Wearing Your Vest in 15 Minute Increments

Coconut Flan

I will say Anna and Mary really do a great job with the face painting and balloon animals.  Some of the nicest I've seen.

Of course we know  they only do this to proselytize these kids and their parents. If they did it just to bring joy to these kids I'd admire them, but that ain't the Maxwell way.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Eek! I need a trigger warning. (Kidding kidding) Still those freak me out. I have a massive phobia of insects, which includes spiders, butterflies... anything with an exoskeleton and thorax I say. I really don't even like lobsters or crawfish. They freak me out so bad. My preschoolers did an insect unit once (we let them choose the last unit of the year and a few years ago they were particularly obsessed with Spiderman so the head teacher turned that request into an insect unit) I didn't even want to pick up the plastic toy bugs. The books with blown up photos were the WORST. I refused to read them (we had enough teachers this wasn't a problem and I worked specifically with a handful of the most severe special needs kiddos)

Anyway back on topic. The few balloon animals I saw from that guy are amazing, subject matter aside. Imagine if the girls could take art classes. Especially Mary. Someone said they could see her teaching early childhood, like in the capacity of of a preschool or day care assistant. Also I agree Anna could be the bookkeeper of a small simple Christian business. Of course all that will never happen with Steve around. Even if they were KJV Christian fundie art classes, and that's just sad. I'd never wish someone dead but if he were to leave  the mortal plane soon I think it would be beneficial in the long run for the girls. They could slowly step out of their boxes... that is if things didn't crack down even more under the guidance of one of the chosen brothers.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 1

@zee_four, here are a few non-insect examples for you, and for anyone else who doesn't like creepy crawlies.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190803-121521.thumb.jpg.af060a59792b61a6baf6d05895fd56ea.jpg

Screenshot_20190803-121424.thumb.jpg.8c0ccdf91ed9ae6366f789d8c4063714.jpg

Screenshot_20190803-121450.thumb.jpg.eb26eb3f3abfd65c75313b5532cbe172.jpg

I also saw some sea creatures, including a colossal squid! (I didn't include that one, in case @HerNameIsBuffy was around. :penguin-wink: )

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

The Fair! It's the Fair! Well, who saw That coming?! How many years have the Maxes been doing the Fair? Has to be10 years, probably longer. I don't feel like looking it up right now.

Last few years they have been doing the face-painting and balloons. Before that it was "free" soda and water, with tracts and browbeating about how sinful everyone is, except them, of course. (See "Good Person" Test).

So here's my question:  I live in what some might call a smallish city but we residents generally know whats-what, who's-who and who should be avoided. Do the good people of Leavenworth know what the Maxell's agenda at the fair is? Do they care, as in yeah I know but we like the free stuff anyway? If so, fair play to them but holey-moley I wouldn't let my kids be exposed to that kind of religious scaremongering. Kids could have nightmares, won't sleep in their own beds for months. So scared they're going to Hell and demons and fires and stuff.    Well, maybe the Ms have toned it down? Nah

Like I tell my crew, nope.  Ain't nothin'really free. Eta I haven't seen Lolly the FC in a few years. What happened?  She was kind of awesomely awful.

• Upvote 9

Maybe the kids ran way in fear after they saw Lolly the FC? or Steve read the snark here and decided not to feature her again?

Why even make a preview post? just post the whole damn fair recap Sarah, you can just cope and paste from last year

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I was telling a friend about the Maxwells and she asked what channel they were on so she could watch them.  She was so disappointed that they don't have their own show.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 16

On 8/2/2019 at 6:47 PM, dripcurl said:

Shouts out to the kid in the fair pics that had on a “Love Wins” t-shirt! Let’s not let the Maxwells know what that means.

After my mother went on an anti-gay rant on her Facebook page, I posted a picture of Taylor Swift with "You need to calm down" on mine.  She liked it.  She had no idea what it meant.  Little victories...

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 11
  • Love 3

I’ve heard the phrase “take what you can use and throw out the rest.” If I were there and had kids I’d probably be fine letting my kids get face painted by them but I’d probably be doing my own kind of proselytizing* towards them by asking them thought provoking questions. (In my head it’s a perfect plan. In reality they’re most likely so brainwashed at this point “thought provoking questions” would simply shut their brains down.)

*I had trouble spelling it and my phone offered up “prostitution” as an option. Not what I was going for but did find it funny.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5
  • Love 2

20 hours ago, grammyj said:

The Fair! It's the Fair! Well, who saw That coming?! How many years have the Maxes been doing the Fair? Has to be10 years, probably longer. I don't feel like looking it up right now.

Last few years they have been doing the face-painting and balloons. Before that it was "free" soda and water, with tracts and browbeating about how sinful everyone is, except them, of course. (See "Good Person" Test).

So here's my question:  I live in what some might call a smallish city but we residents generally know whats-what, who's-who and who should be avoided. Do the good people of Leavenworth know what the Maxell's agenda at the fair is? Do they care, as in yeah I know but we like the free stuff anyway? If so, fair play to them but holey-moley I wouldn't let my kids be exposed to that kind of religious scaremongering. Kids could have nightmares, won't sleep in their own beds for months. So scared they're going to Hell and demons and fires and stuff.    Well, maybe the Ms have toned it down? Nah

Like I tell my crew, nope.  Ain't nothin'really free. Eta I haven't seen Lolly the FC in a few years. What happened?  She was kind of awesomely awful.

Me neither. There are a million other fun things at a fair that a child can hear "no, no face painting today" and survive. I would never subject a child to someone's proselytizing.

Also, they used to go to the fair to hand out their "million dollar bills" - which were just tracts about going to hell. Fun times.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 3

About the denim skirt thing.... that just seems odd that they’d photoshop it. They’ve had plenty of photos on the blog of women wearing jeans. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t.

Maybe not her extended extended skirt.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, johnhugh said:

Maybe not her extended extended skirt.

When I saw a picture of Lolly, I swear I shuddered harder than when I saw a picture of John Wayne Gacy dressed as a clown. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, johnhugh said:

I miss Lolly the fucking clown....

I find all clowns scary but Lolly was the second most terrifying clown for me. First place still goes to Ouchy the Clown. (google it if you dare, but NSFW)

• Upvote 3

New post up about Mary and Anna's return.  Maybe it's just me and my introvertedness but the last thing I want to do after a day if travel is chase children and go shopping.  Anna and Mary are adults.  I get that the littles were excited to see them but couldn't someone shoo them away for a few minutes so the two returnees could just *sit* for a minute???

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

Just thought I'd share some amazing info from 2014, 2015, and 2016, for those who just can't wait for the Maxwells to cough up their secrets.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

On 8/5/2019 at 7:18 AM, mango_fandango said:

About the denim skirt thing.... that just seems odd that they’d photoshop it. They’ve had plenty of photos on the blog of women wearing jeans. 

Yes. To me it looks like the way the light is catching the back panel of the pant leg, and everything in front of the leg seam is in shadow.

On 8/4/2019 at 11:24 AM, Giraffe said:

...I’d probably be doing my own kind of proselytizing* towards them by asking them thought provoking questions. (In my head it’s a perfect plan. In reality they’re most likely so brainwashed at this point “thought provoking questions” would simply shut their brains down.)...

Weird, but I have this thought too - I don't know if anyone has heard of Street Epistemology, but in my head I do that with them. (It is when an interviewer in the street asks questions to someone about something they believe (usually religion-related but can be any kind of belief eg ghosts) to get them to think about why they believe what they do, with a view to trying to get them to see that "faith" is not a reliable way of determining truth. It's fascinating and you can watch youtube videos on it.)

Edited by WineGlass
needed to be more specific
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

"I loved seeing all the family’s excitement."  Sarah, Danny's facial expression doesn't scream excited. He looks like you woke me up from a nap for this. As to Anna running around with the kids why is that shocking, she and Mary are still treated like kids.  Also, fair season will we see the return of Lolly (I hope not)?  Lolly creeps me out more than Pennywise or John Wayne Gacy combined.

Edited by FloraKitty35
added more to post
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

On 8/6/2019 at 12:11 PM, FloraKitty35 said:

"I loved seeing all the family’s excitement."  Sarah, Danny's facial expression doesn't scream excited. He looks like you woke me up from a nap for this. As to Anna running around with the kids why is that shocking, she and Mary are still treated like kids.  Also, fair season will we see the return of Lolly (I hope not)?  Lolly creeps me out more than Pennywise or John Wayne Gacy combined.

Don’t fret, you’ll never see Lolly again. Her hairstyle was far too worldly, a pageboy! Cut and styled, and didn’t it include bangs?  Color notwithstanding. 

The Stevely Bible decrees that woman’s hair must be long, limp as possible, uncolored and with ornamentation limited to a single braid from a small section of hair, OR a plain hair band OR a hairband with flower, but only one such frippery at a time! No combinations! No style! 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 7

Steve's birthday post up.

The scripture verse Sarah chose was,

“Let the elders that rule well be counted
worthy of double honour, especially they
who labour in the word and doctrine.”
1 Timothy 5:17

I'd hate to be almost 40 years old and still think of my father as my ruler.

Edited by kpmom
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

On 8/6/2019 at 1:26 AM, CyborgKin said:

Just thought I'd share some amazing info from 2014, 2015, and 2016, for those who just can't wait for the Maxwells to cough up their secrets.

There's a local chain of salad-only lunch spots in my area where they use a pizza wheel for their chop salads. The result, at least for someone who is at all texture-sensitive, is quite unpleasant--irregularly shaped pieces of many sizes. Also the salad looks like something that belongs in a compost bin. Seriously, how hard is it to cut vegetables up into attractive slices or cubes?

18 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Don’t fret, you’ll never see Lolly again. Her hairstyle was far too worldly, a pageboy! Cut and styled, and didn’t it include bangs?  Color notwithstanding. 

Aha! I bet Steve realized that Anna was enjoying her Lolly drag--short hair in an unnatural color, short skirt. . .Had to put a stop to that f*n.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

On 8/5/2019 at 2:47 PM, bluelady said:

New post up about Mary and Anna's return.  Maybe it's just me and my introvertedness but the last thing I want to do after a day if travel is chase children and go shopping.  Anna and Mary are adults.  I get that the littles were excited to see them but couldn't someone shoo them away for a few minutes so the two returnees could just *sit* for a minute???

In Maxwell-land? Of course not! lol. Jesus First--Others Second--Yourself LAST. They want to "minister" to their family more than, say, pee or take a shower (probably a timer on the water)

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Birthday post for Jim Jones, er, Steve. He seems to have lost a lot of weight and he’s got that drawn look that plagues some people as a result  (it happened to me when I had my big loss and it both aged me and made me appear somewhat unwell.) I will say that for two people who pride themselves on being fit, neither Steve nor Teri looks particularly robust or in peak health. They seem so…insubstantial—pale and fragile and almost ghost-like. My mom is 86 and I bet if you stood her next to Teri and asked someone to guess who was in her 80s and who was in her 60s, they’d get it wrong. Yeah, not a ringing endorsement for the lifestyle they’re trying to sell.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic