IGNORED

Maxwell 32: Wearing Your Vest in 15 Minute Increments

Coconut Flan

Not gonna lie, a trip to a cabin in the mountains sounds amazing but no way in hell I would get up at 2am to go hike... But it's the Maxweirdos we're talking about, they take the fun out of everything.

Also, the idea of being with my family 24/7 sounds like hell to me. I'm actually planning a trip to Brazil to lay on the beach alone (with my fiancée though) and pass out after drinking 20 caipirinhas... I need some ME time without my family?

Edited by HermioneSparrow
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 12

1 hour ago, Howl said:

This is funny to me.  Do they not realize that the typical workday at most offices is 8 am to 5 pm? 

Could they have -gasp! - covertly seen the Dolly Parton epic, “9 To 5?” 

She does mention pouring “a cup of ambition” in her song from the movie, and we know how  much Joseph likes his coffee—!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Do they not realize that the typical workday at most offices is 8 am to 5 pm?

Not everywhere. I've been under 8:30 to 4:30, and other fixed schedule variations. Plus, many places have flexible schedules with variable starting and ending times. 8 to 5 is not a norm.

• Upvote 10
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Not gonna lie, a trip to a cabin in the mountains sounds amazing but no way in hell I would get up at 2am to go hike... But it's the Maxweirdos we're talking about, they take the fun out of everything.

Also, the idea of being with my family 24/7 sounds like hell to me. I'm actually planning a trip to Brazil to lay on the beach alone (with my fiancée though) and pass out after drinking 20 caipirinhas... I need some ME time without my family?

Same! All my family trips growing up were some of us doing activities together and others going their own way. We also usually brought friends from school with us.  

Im going to Brazil in January with my fiancée for a wedding and then traveling through the country. What part are you going to? 

• Upvote 4

“9-5” didn’t  even make me flinch. 

Say for the sake of argument every Maxwell and ofMaxwell loves and adores each other and everyone gets along with everyone else 100% of the time. Do they never want a break from each other?? 

I can’t help but pity Sarah as she looks forward to having The Family all in one house for a time. Solo or family-free vacations can be amazing. Come to think of it, my least favorite vacations have been the ones with family!

No one will ever convince me Maxwell vacations are drama free (for the adults). There are too many adults (specifically too many ofMaxwells at this point) for there to not at least be some behind the scenes* drama at times. 

*by that I mean: possibly appearing to keep sweet in public but behind closed doors venting or backbiting or whatever with only their spouse or one other ofMaxwell in order to support each other in the Land of Steve. 

Damn I’m bitter. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

RE- 1st Colorado Trip 2019 post

Why a family photo at a gas station?

Did  they only take that one vehicle behind them in that pic?

Why always a grocery shopping pic?

It looks like Jesse and Mary are holding hands in the hike photo. 

Why is Terri carrying her purse on a hike?

I’m jealous of them getting to soak their feet in that river! 

• Upvote 7

36 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

No one will ever convince me Maxwell vacations are drama free (for the adults). There are too many adults (specifically too many ofMaxwells at this point) for there to not at least be some behind the scenes* drama at times. 

*by that I mean: possibly appearing to keep sweet in public but behind closed doors venting or backbiting or whatever with only their spouse or one other ofMaxwell in order to support each other in the Land of Steve. 

I wonder about this a great deal. Are there family members who don't like certain other family members, etc. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

Same! All my family trips growing up were some of us doing activities together and others going their own way. We also usually brought friends from school with us.  

Im going to Brazil in January with my fiancée for a wedding and then traveling through the country. What part are you going to? 

Mine were together all the time, very much like the Maxwells. I'm an introvert who needs her space so... it was a little nightmare-ish. 

We're going to Pipa for a week and a half and then three days to Rio for some sightseeing. Never been to Brazil before. Where are you going?

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

I’m jealous of them getting to soak their feet in that river! 

Agree!  That's a very refreshing looking river and a nice picture.  Why they think a picture of them getting gas or grocery shopping is interesting I'll never know.

3 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I wonder about this a great deal. Are there family members who don't like certain other family members, etc. 

I honestly think if they felt that way they'd consider it a sin and pray for forgiveness.  I don't think they're allowed some of the emotions the rest of us have. 

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I honestly think if they felt that way they'd consider it a sin and pray for forgiveness.  I don't think they're allowed some of the emotions the rest of us have. 

This would’ve been my experience in that environment. I crave solitude when I’m with people for too long. I don’t believe that would be any different if I had come from a “be together all the time” family, I think I’d just be more creative about getting away (longer bathroom trips, insisting I love folding laundry, etc., just to get away from people - and then feeling wracked with guilt wondering what was wrong with myself!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Not everywhere. I've been under 8:30 to 4:30, and other fixed schedule variations. Plus, many places have flexible schedules with variable starting and ending times. 8 to 5 is not a norm.

Whatever. It just seems an odd thing to include on their web site; 9 to 5 is not an arduous schedule. 

• Upvote 2

9-5 is also not particularly arduous as they don’t have to get up early for a commute, they don’t have to rely upon public transport being on time etc. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Mine were together all the time, very much like the Maxwells. I'm an introvert who needs her space so... it was a little nightmare-ish. 

We're going to Pipa for a week and a half and then three days to Rio for some sightseeing. Never been to Brazil before. Where are you going?

I’ve never been either. I’m flying into Rio the. Flying and taking a bus down to Viçosa for about a week for the wedding and then do some traveling with friends there and then Rio for at least three days. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

9-5 is also not particularly arduous as they don’t have to get up early for a commute, they don’t have to rely upon public transport being on time etc. 

Do they not get a lunch hour? Or is it just less than a 40 hour work week? 

• Upvote 2

On 8/13/2019 at 6:48 AM, FloraKitty35 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Stevehovah's health is the official reason and add to that the fact that Colorado elected a new governor last year and he isn't one that Stevehovah and the borg approve of. 

Eh they came here when Hickenlooper was governor and they definitely didn't approve of him. Poll is is openly gay himself being the only difference.

If the Maxwells put their money where their mouth was they'd go to Wyoming or Utah instead. Colorado's High County is pretty convenient for them though from Kansas.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I am defrauded by Jesse’s flip flop adorned feet. Actually, I’m grossed out... 

I spy Doritos in the shopping cart. How many Doritos does each kidult get for their meal? 

I am also grossed out by the hand sex photo of Teri & Stevehova. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I go on vacation without my partner and kids, let alone trying to vacation with family 24/7.

But slight white knight for the Maxhells. Getting started at 2am for a long hike in August is actually the smart thing to do. The afternoon thunderstorms start up in the early afternoon, and you do not want to be above treeline when they start to fire up. Plus, there is nothing like watching the sun rise that high up. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Pipa is really fun! About five hours from were I live. Hope you guys enjoy it! If there’s any translation or anything you need, feel free to PM :)

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

So... if their work day starts at 9 am, why the hell do they wake up at 5 am (as stated in some old example pages from MOTH)?? What do they do for four hours - extended personal time with the LORD? Walking/working out at the basement gym? Dusting cabinets?

And no, Joseph, beginning your work at 9 am is not anything special. For the last fifteen years or so, every other  week I have woken up at 4 am to have breakfast and commute (by public transport) and start work at 6 am. Luckily, since last autumn I have had to wake up only at 4.30 am, since my work starts now at 6.30. And not to mention the people who work night shifts - I bow my tired and sleepy head to you.

Edited by LurkerOverThePond
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 6

Scary Mary's birthday is today.  No word on how she likes her coffee but she is sold out to Jesus.  There are pics of her with her bible club kids.  Are the Maxgrands allowed to come to bible club?

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

So... if their work day starts at 9 am, why the hell do they wake up at 5 am (as stated in some old example pages from MOTH)?? What do they do for four hours - extended personal time with the LORD? Walking/working out at the basement gym? Dusting cabinets?

And no, Joseph, beginning your work at 9 am is not anything special. For the last fifteen years or so, every other  week I have woken up at 4 am to have breakfast and commute (by public transport) and start work at 6 am. Luckily, since last autumn I have had to wake up only at 4.30 am, since my work starts now at 6.30. And not to mention the people who work night shifts - I bow my tired and sleepy head to you.

Eh, I’m not reading much into his mention of the 9-5 hours. I think it’s just SOP for a business to state its hours and I also look at it as boundary setting for a home-based business. I have a 9-5:30 full-time job but I also freelance and it took me a long time to get clients to understand that just because I worked from home it didn’t mean I was available 24/7/365 at their whim. Now they know that if they text or email me after my set hours, I probably won’t answer right away unless it’s absolutely necessary, even though I’m still working on their projects (most likely in the early morning since I’m one of those 5 am risers). 

Interesting about the “standard” 8-5 hours, which I never encountered in any of my corporate jobs in NYC. It was always 9-5 with a full paid hour for lunch (and an unheard-of hour and a half paid lunch at one job.) 

And you’re not wrong about what the Maxwells do in the early morning hours. Workouts and bible time. Because you can never have too much bible time.

• Upvote 12

On 8/19/2019 at 11:01 AM, HermioneSparrow said:

I loved Brazil! If you have a chance, Praia de Lopes Mendes on Ilha Grande (Rio State) is gorgeous. I also loved the town of Paratay. 

9745F7E6-7B8B-4198-A9FC-4056C6213B73.jpeg

Edited by Markie
  • Upvote 5

"Mary is sold out to the Lord Jesus..."  Sarah, what, huh?? :confusion-scratchheadblue:

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

"Mary is sold out to the Lord Jesus..."  Sarah, what, huh?? :confusion-scratchheadblue:

I think Sarah is so bored she doesn’t even try anymore. It’s just all word salad these days. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic