IGNORED

Maxwell 32: Wearing Your Vest in 15 Minute Increments

Coconut Flan

That just pisses me off so much.  Why do females in Maxwell land need to cover up from head to toe, and Photoshop a female wearing jeans to make it look like she's wearing a skirt, but the young man can wear shorts, no Photoshopping necessary? ?

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

On 7/22/2019 at 5:46 PM, kpmom said:

Steve also pitted a lot of cherries!  Don't forget that piece of news!

Did he show readers how to work a cherry pitter??

Addendum:  I have a cherry pitter that pits four at a time.  Suck on that, Steve.

Edited by Granwych
Addendum and stupid autocorrect
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

Because I’ve read too much about a certain other family here, another thought I had was, “get the damn white bucket off the counter!”

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

Well, I just got my daily email from Lion's Roar and there's a link to article about about the practice of loving-kindness.  Yep, they hyphenated it.  I think I've seen it as one word, but dammit, if Lion's Roar hyphenates it, that must be the usual practice.

The linked article actually spells it both ways: with the hyphen and as one word.

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

@SPHASH, yet another instance of crappy Maxhell “Photoshopping”! Because Baby Jesus and all his sweet little cousins will cry if they see a five-year-old’s belly. (One of us used real Photoshop to edit the pic so it actually looked natural.)

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, Granwych said:

Did he show readers how to work a cherry pitter??

Addendum:  I have a cherry pitter that pits four at a time.  Suck on that, Steve.

Is this the small kitchen implement that the Maxwells allege that a " sweet friend"* in Austria mailed to them?

*I believe this friend is imaginary. No one mails perfectly common everyday kitchen implements to randos in other countries.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

@HereticHick, that's correct.  some one in Europe sent it to them in North America. 

now, if it chops lettuce, i'll be impressed.

Edited by catlady
typing is hard.
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

Anna and Mary are home!!

7C31AC9A-6324-459C-9EBD-A1498C25D155.thumb.png.e7bf8c7c217b91e419a2dfa6b1efc58a.png

Interesting that both Bethany and Ruthanne are wearing eye patches. Maybe they’ve had lazy eye issues?

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Anna and Mary are home!!

7C31AC9A-6324-459C-9EBD-A1498C25D155.thumb.png.e7bf8c7c217b91e419a2dfa6b1efc58a.png

Interesting that both Bethany and Ruthanne are wearing eye patches. Maybe they’ve had lazy eye issues?

I was thinking the same thing. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

When my brother had his surgery 60 years ago or so to correct his strabismus (crossed-eyes),  he got to wear a cool pirate patch over his patched eye.  it's too bad that the Max girls can't wear a pirate patch.  (I would also assume that means the Max kids aren't into Patch the Pirate.)

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, Hane said:

@SPHASH, yet another instance of crappy Maxhell “Photoshopping”! Because Baby Jesus and all his sweet little cousins will cry if they see a five-year-old’s belly. (One of us used real Photoshop to edit the pic so it actually looked natural.)

That was me. It took me all of 5 minutes, and I wasn’t even trying very hard. Come on, Maxwells, make an effort. 

49B90E8C-9FF3-4CC8-88D5-D1726648E9F4.jpeg

Edited by sparkles
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 3

On 7/23/2019 at 5:02 PM, kpmom said:

That just pisses me off so much.  Why do females in Maxwell land need to cover up from head to toe, and Photoshop a female wearing jeans to make it look like she's wearing a skirt, but the young man can wear shorts, no Photoshopping necessary? ?

At least the other kids in the Bible Bee photo are shown wearing normal kid clothes. I'm surprised that the Maxwell grands were allowed to be in any kind of group situation with other children, let alone kids who aren't dressed like proper fundies. And they're not all white kids.

• Upvote 8

@PennySycamore, back in the ‘50s, it seemed all kids (such as my cousin) who wore eye patches for conditions like amblyopia wore black ones. In more recent years, all the kids’ eye patches I’ve seen have been skin-toned (or close to it).

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Hane said:

@PennySycamore, back in the ‘50s, it seemed all kids (such as my cousin) who wore eye patches for conditions like amblyopia wore black ones. In more recent years, all the kids’ eye patches I’ve seen have been skin-toned (or close to it).

My younger brother wore a patch for awhile before his eye surgery to fix strabismus; his was European skin-toned, and this was in 1970.

I had strabismus surgery a few years ago, and know of at least two cousins and an uncle (all related on the same side) who had strabismus. It can definitely run in families.

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, sparkles said:

That was me. It took me all of 5 minutes, and I wasn’t even trying very hard. Come on, Maxwells, make an effort. 

I would hire you, @sparkles, as my 1-Ton Ramp instructor

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 5

Well at least the Maxwell’s try to help their children with eye problems. The Nogs would likely never do that. And maybe even Zoo wouldn’t bother. Since she doesn’t want to fix tongue ties. The Rods would do it if the results were cosmetically pleasing to mama. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

19 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Anna and Mary are home!!

I was about to comment on TWO with patches now.

The S-i-l can get back to lazing on the couch now that the Nannies are back on duty.

Gosh, whatever filter they used--makes the girl in the pink tshirt look almost like a twin to my daughter at that age. I won't tell her--she'd be horrified.

I just spotted this in their ABOUT bios: "Jesse is the final Maxwell son to purchase his home debt-free in the summer of 2018!"

Wait? I thought they all did?? Do you mean they BORROWED money for the other boys' houses? Shameful ?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I just spotted this in their ABOUT bios: "Jesse is the final Maxwell son to purchase his home debt-free in the summer of 2018!"

Wait? I thought they all did?? Do you mean they BORROWED money for the other boys' houses? Shameful ?

No, all the sons bought their houses debt free, but I agree, that was worded rather clumsily.  It kind of sounds like all of them purchased their homes in the summer of 2018!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, kpmom said:

No, all the sons bought their houses debt free, but I agree, that was worded rather clumsily.  It kind of sounds like all of them purchased their homes in the summer of 2018!

And it is high time that Jesse acquire a fundy maiden to install in his debt-free home!  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

And it is high time that Jesse acquire a fundy maiden to install in his debt-free home!  

Absolutely!

Usually buying a home leads to a wedding just a few months later in Maxland.  But it's been a year for Jesse.

Wonder if he's still renting it out? 

• Upvote 4

On 7/23/2019 at 11:09 AM, Charliemae said:

this is hilarious! I'm so happy you pointed it out. 

OMFG!  They did! While not at all surprised, there is a whole lot of WTF? happening in my head.

Steve is insane.

They're celebrating the return of the free babysitters/grunt workers/girls. Now they can all return to their pre defined roles in life with their life assistants back in place.

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Idea for next thread title: Photoshopping is Lying, Steve 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic