IGNORED

Maxwell 32: Wearing Your Vest in 15 Minute Increments

Coconut Flan

19 minutes ago, sparkles said:

Birthday post for Jim Jones, er, Steve. He seems to have lost a lot of weight and he’s got that drawn look that plagues some people as a result

Steve has been looking unwell to me for a couple of years.  He's also been on a big diet recently.  They finally admitted he has heart disease.  https://blog.titus2.com/2019/07/15/steves-health-update-2/

They say they are not inflicting Steve's now very restricted diet on other family members.  But I'm sure he looks sideways and guilts everyone when they try to eat the pies, cakes, and heavy on meat and fat with very few vegetables regime that used to form the main Maxwell diet.

I don't think Teri looks that bad.  Older than her age, certainly.  But not bad for having had 7 children and being married to Steve for 40+ years.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

On 8/6/2019 at 5:11 AM, WineGlass said:

Yes. To me it looks like the way the light is catching the back panel of the pant leg, and everything in front of the leg seam is in shadow.

I did not think it was photoshopped, just a weird pic. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Where do they say that Steve’s diet isn’t being inflicted on the others? The post says that the changes are big “to us”. Unless that’s just using general terms, seeing as it’s mainly Teri and Anna/Mary who cook. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

@IReallyAmHopewell, your post reminded me of something I've been pondering lately.  Chelsy and John had put a TubShroom on their wedding registry.  It catches hair from going down the drain and I would assume that Chelsy shampoos her hair in the shower.  However,  their was a post several years back about the girls needing to unclog their sink of all the hair from washing their hair.  With hair as long as the Max girls have, it's way easier for most people to wash it in the shower.  Do they not take showers?  

Of course, I could hope if they take baths only they might have an awakening like the mom in Pleasantville:

• Haha 7
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Where do they say that Steve’s diet isn’t being inflicted on the others? The post says that the changes are big “to us”. Unless that’s just using general terms, seeing as it’s mainly Teri and Anna/Mary who cook. 

Somewhere in the comments.  There's an earlier post too.

When asked, Teri says that she and Steve are using Eat to Live  by Joel Fuhrman.  It's a vegan diet.  She says they (Steve and Teri) have used it on and off for a few years but never found it "palatable."   The other family members still at home have the choice, she says.  Probably Teri cooks for herself and Steve.  The others are old enough to prepare their own meals.  And whatever would poor Anna do without her meat smoker!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@IReallyAmHopewell, your post reminded me of something I've been pondering lately.  Chelsy and John had put a TubShroom on their wedding registry.  It catches hair from going down the drain and I would assume that Chelsy shampoos her hair in the shower.  However,  their was a post several years back about the girls needing to unclog their sink of all the hair from washing their hair.  With hair as long as the Max girls have, it's way easier for most people to wash it in the shower.  Do they not take showers?  

Of course, I could hope if they take baths only they might have an awakening like the mom in Pleasantville:

With all the long hair in fundie homes, I just imagine the clogs are about three feet long. Gag.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

Thanks for the clarification @Palimpsest. I’ve googled a bit about Dr Fuhrman’s nutritarian diet and it definitely seems like a big change from traditional Maxwell fare. If I was to change to a vegan diet I’d do it more gradually, eg becoming vegetarian first. But seeing as he had the health scare I imagine they felt like they had less choice and a drastic change was needed. 

I know Steve is an awful person, but I know what it’s like to have a family member go through a health scare and having to make changes to their diet, although in my case (Dad and his kidney problems) the diet change wasn’t as drastic, and then once he had the transplant last year there were more dietary changes. Hopefully Steve has planned the diet properly (eg taking a vitamin B12 supplement). 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Dear Steve, we all know you read here. This is in regard to your seriously dad post for this week. Kids will disobey regardless of moms working and not having every second of their lives scheduled. I was a very well behaved kid and I wasn’t on a schedule. My older brother would have gotten in a lot of trouble regardless of a set schedule because he likes to push all of my moms buttons. Why was your post geared towards a working mom? Women aren’t supposed to read your posts. Moms corner this month seems more geared towards the men folk. Prepare your kids for being an adult. Well Teri, or Steve for that matter, I started babysitting at 12 and had a tax paying job at 16. I worked part time through high school. After graduating I worked full time, helped take care of my dying dad, went to college part time, and helped my mom out around the house. I had a cell phone at 15 too. I paid for it myself. Most of the kids I went to school with worked. The problem with your philosophy is it can take years, depending on where you live, to buy a house debt free. 

Not all parents can support their kids when they graduate from high school either. My friend lost his dad in high school, who he didn’t grow up with, and his mom in college. His step dad wanted nothing to do with him so he had to pay his own way. Most people can save for a nice down payment but not a whole house. Depending on where you live if you buy a fixer upper you have to either pay contractors to do the work or pay to get permits approved. If you don’t then all the work that was done to it can get ripped up if you try to sell it or they will slap you with heavy fines. 

I still want to know how your sons can afford the families they have with only one income and not having great jobs. My parents who tried to live with as little debt as possible both worked. My mom worked part time and my dad worked one full time and one part time job. 

• Upvote 15

Is there a "transition plan" in place in Maxhell for when Steve dies? Will Chris/Nathan (eldest) move into "the big house" like a Viscount or Marquess? Will the three spinsters get parceled out to the three eldest brothers' families or will the eldest have to take them and Teri?

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 4

55 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Is there a "transition plan" in place in Maxhell for when Steve dies? Will Chris/Nathan (eldest) move into "the big house" like a Viscount or Marquess? Will the three spinsters get parceled out to the three eldest brothers' families or will the eldest have to take them and Teri?

My guess is they will stay put to take care of Teri.  Jesse may still be single, don't forget, and he can be the headship.  I don't see them dispersing to relatives homes unless one or more of them  marries after both parents pass away and they cannot manage by themselves.  Then it will get interesting. It will be very difficult for the last Maxwell "girl" to live alone, but by that time, I'm sure the nieces will be  looking in and helping out the same way they do with Gigi; that or they may actually move in with a brother.  Sad, no matter what.

Edited by petrushka
incomplete sentences
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Will Chris/Nathan (eldest) move into "the big house" like a Viscount or Marquess?

Nathan, Viscount Crazyeyes or his brother Christopher, Marquess of Prisstopher and Pleatedkhaki

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

Teri wrote a post awhile back that they are willing their house to any of the sisters who are still unmarried (yeah, likely all of 'em) when she and Steve pass away, and apparently they'll live there on their own.  Maybe Arnold will outlive Steve and Teri to become their headship?

This was in response to some naysayer (a member from here no doubt ?) who wondered what would become of the sisters after Teri and Steve die.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Teri wrote a post awhile back that they are willing their house to any of the sisters who are still unmarried (yeah, likely all of 'em) when she and Steve pass away, and apparently they'll live there on their own.  Maybe Arnold will outlive Steve and Teri to become their headship?

This was in response to some naysayer (a member from here no doubt ?) who wondered what would become of the sisters after Teri and Steve die.

Here's the quote:

Our girls are welcome here until marriage, and if they are never married, they can stay until we are gone, and then the house will belong to them.

The end of a very lengthy post in response to someone called Heather who wanted to shelter but not isolate her daughters.  MMV on whether Heather and her email are real or not.   https://articles.titus2.com/older-daughters-living-at-home/

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

31 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Here's the quote:

The end of a very lengthy post in response to someone called Heather who wanted to shelter but not isolate her daughters.  MMV on whether Heather and her email are real or not.   https://articles.titus2.com/older-daughters-living-at-home/

Sounds like Stockholm syndrome, or mental abuse to me. I have no problem with adult children at home with their parents. If they are contributing to society some how. Working or going to school. Unfortunately the maxwell adult kids do none of that. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

6 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I have no problem with adult children at home with their parents. If they are contributing to society some how. Working or going to school. Unfortunately the maxwell adult kids do none of that. 

Well, they do make balloon animals and paint faces and take "goodie" to the neighbors and have church at the nursing home. Wow. That's a lot. Almost like they were 8 or 9 years old. And then there are the pretend jobs for the brothers' companies. And Mary teaching herself graphic design. And making burrito filling.

I agree with you--if you are an adult living at home with your folks you need to either be a full-time caregiver to one of them or paying off students loans very fast or actually among the tiny number of people still farming a huge family farm and are truly working there. Otherwise, get a life!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

There are so many reasons for adults to still live at home with their parent(s). I lived at home until 31 due to disability, very high rent, inability to get a job, and other factors. Rent is absolutely ridiculous in my area and it honestly makes economic sense to live with your parents here if you can’t afford rent on your own. If you are happy and your parents are happy, why not?

If the Maxwell girls want to live at home till their parents pass, all power to them. The problem arises in that I honestly don’t think they do want to. I *loved* living with my mom. I had all the freedom of adulthood plus all the support I needed. Anna, Mary and Sarah just aren’t happy. They want to be living on their own, with their own families, and Steve has driven away any possible courtships. They are not there of their own free will. Steve has just brainwashed them into thinking that they are.

It’s really sad.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9

I lived at home with my parents till 2 years ago. I was in my late 30’s when I moved out. However, I always worked or was looking for work. I also was trying to grow my dog walking business which is what I do now full time. The Maxwell sisters don’t work.

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 8

Teri and Steve have defended the daughters' ability to earn a living in several of their posts. 

But the truth is Sarah has her books, and has had a couple of part-time bookkeeping jobs for Godly (Steve approved) people outside the family.  And has worked for the family businesses as the primary bookkeeper and general  dogsbody for years.

All three sisters have some basic computer skills but I have never heard of the programs they use (they may be useful and marketable for all I know).  All three probably know some bookkeeping, and Anna and Mary can pack up orders for Maxwell products and mail them out.  

Anna has also transferred Maxwell products to E-books, IIRC.  She is working for Nathan at the moment.  Anna has also "studied" nutrition and exercise, but that is useless without credentials.  Mary has her art.  I can't think of anything else Mary does.  But she is really good at face painting.

I think Anna and Mary could probably successfully set up a small business running children's parties (face painting and balloons) and doing childcare.  But that would mean  interacting with the unGodly.

So they are dependent on the brothers' businesses succeeding in the future, and on the charity of church members, if they refuse to work outside the home and for unGodly and unapproved people.

If they own the house outright, their living expenses shouldn't be huge after taxes and utilities.  However, I think the burden will be on the various brothers.  Economically because of trying to keep the sisters employed even part-time.  And emotionally in trying to be the substitute Headship and umbrellas of their sisters' protection.  That burden will probably fall mostly on Nathan unless Jesse stays unmarried.

And I just depressed myself thinking about the Maxwell sisters' lives.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

8 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Somewhere in the comments.  There's an earlier post too.

When asked, Teri says that she and Steve are using Eat to Live  by Joel Fuhrman.  It's a vegan diet.  She says they (Steve and Teri) have used it on and off for a few years but never found it "palatable."   The other family members still at home have the choice, she says.  Probably Teri cooks for herself and Steve.  The others are old enough to prepare their own meals.  And whatever would poor Anna do without her meat smoker!

Aha, the old "choice" ploy. Just like they all "choose" to remain at home and "choose" to not pursue a real education and "choose" to remain sheltered in place, I'm sure it's their "choice" to eat exactly what Steve eats.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

35 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

I'm sure it's their "choice" to eat exactly what Steve eats.

Probably.  I do have hopes that Steve will only be able to remove Anna's meat smoker from her cold dead hands.  Her smoked meatballs are a tradition and were served at John and Chelsy's rehearsal dinner.

Other than the Sunday bean burritos the Maxwells really like their meat and are not much into vegetables.  Perhaps the extended family will take pity on Sarah, Anna, Mary, and Jesse and invite them over for meals.

I notice that Sarah did not mention the annual Maxwell July 4th barbecue, wherein they eat hamburgers and sausages and some like lettuce wraps and some eat buns.

Thanksgiving is going to be a complete bummer.  Their usual meal is turkey, potatoes, Teri's favorite eggs and bacon (with a few peas and shreds of iceberg lettuce) "salad" smothered in mayo and sour cream, and no other veg.  And dinner rolls and pies.  Including Steve's favorite pumpkin pie.

And no more of that chipped beef casserole covered in sour cream.  Mind you, taking that off the menu will be a blessing.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3

I wonder if they'll forgo Colorado this year?  Would a doctor approve mountain climbing after Steve's procedure?

Also, if Steve's new diet makes them change that awful Thanksgiving menu it's a blessing!

Edited by kpmom
Added a question mark
  • Upvote 6

Wonder if they'll do a Tofurky or a Quorn turkey analog at Thanksgiving?  There's always the Meats of Strength, featuring the Pardon plant "turkey" from No Evil Foods. 

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

I found a Raw Vegan recipe for Teri.

Raw Turkeyless Turkey

Equipment: Food processor, dehydrator

Prep time: Soak nuts overnight. Dehydrate turkey 12-14 hours.

Serves: 5-6

Ingredients

5 ounces walnuts (about 2 cups)

5 ounces almonds (about 2 cups)

1 pound carrot pulp

1 medium onion, diced small

1 Tablespoon raisins, soaked just long enough to make them soft (while you are getting your other ingredients together should be enough time)

1 Tablespoon good olive oil

1 Tablespoon caraway seeds, ground

1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning (or Costco/Kirkland brand Organic 20 Spice No Salt Seasoning)

Sea salt to taste

Method

Soak nuts 6-8 hours or overnight. Drain nuts and rinse well.

Combine all ingredients in food processor until you have a pate. It should be firm, not soggy, and hold together when you press it together. 

Shape your "turkey" into whatever shape you like.  Many people make a loaf. I am goofy about making food look festive, so I shaped a turkey body, then separately shaped two drumsticks and two wings. After they were dehydrated, I assembled the "turkey" on the platter. Many people make a loaf. I am goofy about making food look festive, so I shaped a turkey body, then separately shaped two drumsticks and two wings. After they were dehydrated, I assembled the "turkey" on the platter. 

http://thehealingkitchen.blogspot.com/2011/11/raw-vegan-thanksgiving-recipes-and.html

Raw-Vegan-Turkey.jpg

Yum!

Actually looking at the ingredients it might taste very nice.   I don't have a dehydrator or I might try it.  Not in the shape of a turkey though. :)

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1

23 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Dear Steve, we all know you read here. This is in regard to your seriously dad post for this week. Kids will disobey regardless of moms working and not having every second of their lives scheduled. I was a very well behaved kid and I wasn’t on a schedule. My older brother would have gotten in a lot of trouble regardless of a set schedule because he likes to push all of my moms buttons. Why was your post geared towards a working mom? Women aren’t supposed to read your posts. Moms corner this month seems more geared towards the men folk. Prepare your kids for being an adult. Well Teri, or Steve for that matter, I started babysitting at 12 and had a tax paying job at 16. I worked part time through high school. After graduating I worked full time, helped take care of my dying dad, went to college part time, and helped my mom out around the house. I had a cell phone at 15 too. I paid for it myself. Most of the kids I went to school with worked. The problem with your philosophy is it can take years, depending on where you live, to buy a house debt free. 

Not all parents can support their kids when they graduate from high school either. My friend lost his dad in high school, who he didn’t grow up with, and his mom in college. His step dad wanted nothing to do with him so he had to pay his own way. Most people can save for a nice down payment but not a whole house. Depending on where you live if you buy a fixer upper you have to either pay contractors to do the work or pay to get permits approved. If you don’t then all the work that was done to it can get ripped up if you try to sell it or they will slap you with heavy fines. 

I still want to know how your sons can afford the families they have with only one income and not having great jobs. My parents who tried to live with as little debt as possible both worked. My mom worked part time and my dad worked one full time and one part time job. 

The Seriously article is a judgmental ad for their scheduling book, and the Mom's Corner article advertises the need for their Debt-Free books.  Just one big marketing scheme.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

The Seriously article is a judgmental ad for their scheduling book, and the Mom's Corner article advertises the need for their Debt-Free books.  Just one big marketing scheme.

Yes, it is another product plug.  I also think he copied and pasted that rant.  Those Seriously articles are so repetitive.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic