IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 13: Online Courting with Caldwell Semi-colons

Georgiana

My only takeaway from watching the birth special was that it was pretty miserable watching Kendra needing to push and trying to wait for the doctor who was delivering another baby. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, kiwi said:

Stupid girl. “We did caster oil” She deserves to be in pain for her stupidity emoji849.png

The last person I know who did caster oil at the behest of her doctor is my friend and that "baby" will be 27 this week. 

• Upvote 2

The last person I know who did caster oil at the behest of her doctor is my friend and that "baby" will be 27 this week. 

It truely is crazy that that particular piece of advice for bringing babies out before they are ready is still being taught. I know of two moms who both almost lost their babies due to taking caster oil. One baby aspirated meconium and had to be put on life support and airlifted to a bigger childrens hospital, the other has ended up with issues usually associated with prematurity - lung issues, developmental delays, etc.

It is archaic to use caster oil, it should not be sold over the counter. It should be prescribed only. She wasnt even due yet!! She ended up having the baby ON her due date, do you think they told hospital staff she’d consumed caster oil?? Doubt it.
  • Upvote 5
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I tried it on doctor's recommendations - my kid is 22.  It didn't work.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Addison’s birth episode just came out. 

Me *thinking to myself* Who's Addison? Then I remembered.  They're all becoming a giant blur to me. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 14

I did of summary of birth special. I have never given birth or even been in the room while someone else has given birth (basically, my only experience with child birth was from when I was born - and I don't remember that :P), so I tried to keep my comments to a minimum. 

Part 1

Spoiler

Nov 1 (5 days before Kendra's due date)

Kendra's having contractions that are 2-7 minutes apart, so they're heading to the hospital soon. Kendra says she took some castor oil (WHY, jfc) and "it seems to be working." She's thinks she's definitely in labor, but not transition (the final phase of the first stage of labor). The producer comments that she's seems very calm and asks if Kendra is hurting. Kendra says it's not too bad yet, very manageable. They pack up and take Garrett to Kendra's parents' house. He's had his bath and is all ready for bed.

Christina (Kendra's mom) & Lauren (Kendra's younger sister) will also be with Kendra while she gives birth. Lauren says she will be more of a sidekick, since Christina and Joe have a good handle on helping Kendra out. Joe and Kendra pray with Garrett before they leave. It's 1AM when they start heading over to the hospital. Kendra seems to have an iced coffee with her. Christina will meet them there later.

After she's admitted, Kendra walks for about an hour around the hospital and her water breaks. She's in a lot more pain now and comments that it's weird her water broke. I guess that didn't happen during her labor with Garrett? It's now 4:30AM and Kendra is panting and feeling nauseous. Lauren calls Kendra 'Trenge' (?), which is a strange nickname, imo. Christina arrives and ties up Kendra's hair for her. Her contractions are now two minutes apart. We see a lot of Kendra in pain and trying to breathe through her contractions. Joe and Christina worry about Kendra passing out, since she holds her breath when she's in pain.

Part 2

Spoiler

It's 5:20AM and Kendra feels like she needs to push. The nurse checks her and she's 9cm dilated. She's told to wait for the doctor. She hasn't been drinking water, because she keeps throwing up. Christina worries about her being dehydrated. The doctor is with another patient, and Kendra wants to push without him. Christina says that means she's ready and she's the "cutest expectant mama ever."  We see a lot of Kendra trying to wait to push. Kendra's attending nurse ends up delivering the baby, since she can't wait any longer and the doctor is still delivering another baby.

Addison Renee is born at 5:33AM. Kendra thanks Joe for being there and for helping her with her breathing. Michelle is behind the camera and tells Lauren "congratulations, aunt." The nurse swaddles the baby and gives her to Joe to hold. Lauren comments that Garrett cried a lot more than Addison and Joe hopes that's a good sign. Kendra then holds her. They're glad she arrived when she did, since she was bigger than they were expecting.

Michelle asks Joe (in a very patronizing way, imo) if he can believe he and Kendra have a baby girl. She says, "You now have a boy and girl" and Joe deadpans that it's pretty crazy. I'm pretty sure he doesn't need you to spell it out for him, Michelle. His first thought when he held Addison was that she was heavier than he expected (7lb 12oz). We get a montage of various family members holding and meeting Addison. 

Ever since I saw that Instagram post from Christina about not taking her youngest to get an MRI because she didn't want the contrast injected into him, my opinion of her has definitely gone down by a lot. It's still good that Kendra's getting prenatal care from an actual professional, but I would think an epidural would be so beneficial to her. My guess is she doesn't get because her parents weird medical hangups. 

Edited by llg1234
fixing some grammar mistakes
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 22
  • Love 1

I did of summary of birth special. I have never given birth or even been in the room while someone else has given birth (basically, my only experience with child birth was from when I was born - and I don't remember that [emoji14]), so I tried to keep my comments to a minimum. 
Part 1
Spoiler

Nov 1 (5 days before Kendra's due date)
Kendra's having contractions that are 2-7 minutes apart, so they're heading to the hospital soon. Kendra says she took some castor oil (WHY, jfc) and "it seems to be working." She's thinks she's definitely in labor, but not transition (the final phase of the first stage of labor). The producer comments that she's seems very calm and asks if Kendra is hurting. Kendra says it's not too bad yet, very manageable. They pack up and took Garrett to Kendra's parents' house. He's had his bath and is all ready for bed.

Christina (Kendra's mom) & Lauren (Kendra's younger sister) will also be with Kendra while she give birth. Lauren says she will be more of a sidekick, since Christina and Joe have a good handle on helping Kendra out. Joe and Kendra pray with Garrett before they leave. It's 1AM when they start heading over. Kendra seems to have an iced coffee with her. Christina will meet them there later.
After she's admitted, Kendra walks for about an hour around the hospital and her water breaks. She's in a lot more pain now and comments that it's weird her water broke. I guess that didn't happen during her labor with Garrett? It's now 4:30AM and Kendra is panting and feeling nauseous. Lauren calls Kendra 'Trenge' (?), which is a strange nickname, imo. Christina arrives and ties up Kendra's hair for her. Her contractions are now two minutes apart. We see a lot of Kendra in pain and trying to breathe through her contractions. Joe and Christina worry about Kendra passing out, since she holds her breath when she's in pain.

Part 2
Spoiler

It's 5:20AM and Kendra feels like she needs to push. The nurse checks her and she's 9cm. She's told to wait for the doctor. She hasn't been drinking water, because she keeps throwing up. Christina worries about her being dehydrated. The doctor is with another patient, and Kendra wants to push without him. Christina says that means she's ready and she's the "cutest expectant mama ever."  We see a lot of Kendra trying to wait to push. Kendra's attending nurse ends up delivering the baby, since she can't wait any longer and the doctor is still delivering another baby.
Addison Renee is born at 5:33AM. Kendra thanks Joe for being there and for helping her with her breathing. Michelle is behind the camera and tells Lauren "congratulations, aunt." The nurse swaddles the baby and gives her to Joe to hold. Lauren comments that Garrett cried a lot more than Addison and Joe hopes that's a good sign. Kendra then holds her. They're glad she arrived when she did, since she was bigger than they were expecting.
Michelle asks Joe (in a very patronizing way, imo) if he can believe he and Kendra have a baby girl. She says, "You now have a boy and girl" and Joe deadpans that it's pretty crazy. I'm pretty sure he doesn't need you to spell it out for him, Michelle. His first thought when he held Addison was that she was heavier than he expected (7lb 12oz). We get a montage of various family members holding and meeting Addison. 

Ever since I saw that Instagram post from Christina about not taking her youngest to get an MRI because she didn't want the contrast injected into him, my opinion of her has definitely gone down by a lot. It's still good that Kendra's getting prenatal care from an actual professional, but I would think an epidural would be so beneficial to her. My guess is she doesn't get because her parents weird medical hangups. 

She had one for garretts labour/delivery though? Unsure why she toughed it out this time esp when she did appear to hold her breath for sometime

27 minutes ago, kiwi said:

She had one for garretts labour/delivery though? Unsure why she toughed it out this time esp when she did appear to hold her breath for sometime

She didn't have an epidural with Garrett, either. I remember them worrying about passing out last time, too.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Wait...were all the kids left with Kendra’s dad? Are his male parts qualified to manage all those kids, even overnight? Do you think that Jana and Hannie were dispensed to Kendra’s parents’ home as backup to take care of the kids?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

I thought Kendra's dad was a weird choice over both of Joe's parents who live on the same property. I suppose they could have been not home or something, but Michelle did end up at the hospital in the end. I have to say, beliefs aside, it really feels like Kendra's family has a much more normal family dynamic than Joe's and it does seem like they remain Kendra's go-to over her in-laws. 

ETA: But on further reflection, if her dad was staying home with his own children while mom went to the hospital with Kendra, one of Kendra's siblings is similar in age to Garrett (so they're set up for a kid that age), what was one more at bedtime? Maybe a less weird choice than I originally supposed. 

Edited by lizzybee
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 1

I thought Kendra's dad was a weird choice over both of Joe's parents who live on the same property. I suppose they could have been not home or something, but Michelle did end up at the hospital in the end. I have to say, beliefs aside, it really feels like Kendra's family has a much more normal family dynamic than Joe's and it does seem like they remain Kendra's go-to over her in-laws. 
ETA: But on further reflection, if her dad was staying home with his own children while mom went to the hospital with Kendra, one of Kendra's siblings is similar in age to Garrett (so they're set up for a kid that age), what was one more at bedtime? Maybe a less weird choice than I originally supposed. 

Personally id be dropping my toddler to MY parents vs my inlaws, especially if my inlaws were the duggars. Garrett would get lost at the big house, at least he’d be happy and well cared for with kendras dad - especially since they have a toddler similar age to garrett.
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

56 minutes ago, kiwi said:

Personally id be dropping my toddler to MY parents vs my inlaws, especially if my inlaws were the duggars. Garrett would get lost at the big house, at least he’d be happy and well cared for with kendras dad - especially since they have a toddler similar age to garrett.

Ditto. I’d always pick my parents over my in-laws to baby-sit (nothing wrong with my in-laws I just like my parents more). Outside of Anna, all the Duggar DIL seem closer to their own parents over their in-laws and I think that’s pretty normal.

Also, Kendra’s mom seems like an amazing birth Coach. I can see her becoming a doula eventually.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Haven’t watched but it’s no fun waiting on a doctor. 3 of my births involved a nurse or my husband catching the baby because of this.  it’s not easy to “wait” when delivering a baby 

Given Kendras birth is out I can assume they are not doing one for Joy’s birth. While I’m sure it will be discussed on the show I’m glad to see it seems she had privacy through the situation. Not always the case with them.

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, FreeCalifornia said:

Haven’t watched but it’s no fun waiting on a doctor. 3 of my births involved a nurse or my husband catching the baby because of this.  it’s not easy to “wait” when delivering a baby 

Given Kendras birth is out I can assume they are not doing one for Joy’s birth. While I’m sure it will be discussed on the show I’m glad to see it seems she had privacy through the situation. Not always the case with them.

Doesn't necessarily mean they haven't filmed it. Just means they aren't releasing a 'special episode' about it. The special episodes are usually the births of the (can I say live?) babies so I doubt they would do a special about Joy giving birth to her dead daughter.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

I don't think Kendra's mum being wacky is the reason for her not having an epidural. Being from the UK, not having an epidural seems completely normal to me. Most women give birth without. And many women give birth without doctors, with midwifes. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Lauren calls Kendra 'Trenge' (?), which is a strange nickname, imo.

I wonder if Lauren couldn't say "Kendra" when she was little and so it came out a bit garbled and morphed into a nickname. That happened to me when I was little- I couldn't pronounce my own name and the name I called myself stuck among family members.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

There really is no telling where her nickname came from. My husband and I have all kinds of weird nicknames for ourselves and our kids and if I explained them some of them might still not make sense because they evolve over time too. 

• Upvote 8

On 11/26/2019 at 6:08 AM, SorenaJ said:

I don't think Kendra's mum being wacky is the reason for her not having an epidural. Being from the UK, not having an epidural seems completely normal to me. Most women give birth without. And many women give birth without doctors, with midwifes. 

Agreed. Plenty of women don't get epidurals for plenty of reasons, even in the US. It's not exactly wacky to not want to risk a spinal headache, for example, if you're coping with the pain okay without it.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

• 1 month later...

Kendra's baby brother Isaiah was hospitalized for a double ear infection according to a Caldwell family post. In addition they posted horrible photos of him crying in the ER.☹️Updated IG shows Garret visiting, thanks for prayers, and a photo of his meds. Note the essential oils aiding in his recovery. My eyes have rolled so hard that I've fallen over.?

Edited by Exposedknees
  • Upvote 5
  • Disgust 3
  • Sad 8

33 minutes ago, Exposedknees said:

Kendra's baby brother Isaiah was hospitalized for a double ear infection according to a Caldwell family post. In addition they posted horrible photos of him crying in the ER.☹️Updated IG shows Garret visiting, thanks for prayers, and a photo of his meds. Note the essential oils aiding in his recovery. My eyes have rolled so hard that I've fallen over.?

Oh my word. Ok first of all why bring a healthy baby (Garret) into a hospital? He could either pick up something himself, or make the sick baby sicker. As for the essential oils. ? My mother in law is a big essential oil user. She once rubbed an oil on my 4 year old' scratched cheek and the oil got into her eye and she was crying in pain. That's the last time she got near my kids with her damn "medical kit." I think they can smell good and I use them in a diffuser because I have asthma and candles and sprays bother me. But for medical use? Nope, not in my opinion. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Exposedknees said:

Is taking pictures of your kids weeping and crying and posting them all over a thing?? It would not even occur to me to take pictures of my children when we are in the ER. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, FaithAndReason said:

Is taking pictures of your kids weeping and crying and posting them all over a thing?? It would not even occur to me to take pictures of my children when we are in the ER. 

These are people affiliated with Michelle who kept the camera rolling when her son fell through the floor and was seriously injured.  IIRC Jana went to him.

I  wouldn't occur to me take pics of my kids in ER or pain, either...I'm guessing you, like me, see your kids as people you love and not just commodities.

• Upvote 10

Let's see...since 2016, Baby has had strep 3x, flu 2x, and appendicitis.  Only one hospital pic was taken...the 'thumbs up' pic of her I took after her appendectomy...and she feeling ok when I took it.  

25 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Being anti vaxxer plus not getting Isaiah a MRI makes me very worried for his young life.

But, but...they're pro-life!!!!!!

• Haha 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic