IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 13: Online Courting with Caldwell Semi-colons

Georgiana

2 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

How does one say the last part of the bolded name? 

I pronounce "YHWH" as YAH-way when I read it. I think some people have said 'Yahweh' could just as easily have been 'Jehovah' in the original Hebrew.

Vision O'Yahweh. Vision O'Jehovah. I think O'Yahweh definitely has a better ring to it, so I'm betting the fundie family probably went with O'Jehovah.

Edited by coexist
Clarified a word
  • Upvote 3

Google: Gloriavale New Zealand... the names will make your head spin

Dove Love
Steadfast Christian
Helpful Christian
Charity
Prayer Ready
Fervent Steadfast
Howard Temple
Devoted Faithful
Hopeful Christian
Paradise Courage
Devoted Christian
Joyful Christian
Believing Christian
Conviction Steadfast

Kids are named: Patience, Virtuous, Charity, Delightful, Perpetua, Vigilant, Couragious, Meek, Deliverance, Cherished, Blest, Cheerful, Committed, Fruitful, Perseverance, Gloriana (prob the most normal so far), United, Precious, Dilligent, Perserable, Eternity, Humble, Reliable, Graceful, Obedience, Merciful, Believing, Conviction....

TVNZ have done multiple documentaries about the community

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, kiwi said:

Google: Gloriavale New Zealand... the names will make your head spin

Dove Love
Steadfast Christian
Helpful Christian
Charity
Prayer Ready
Fervent Steadfast
Howard Temple
Devoted Faithful
Hopeful Christian
Paradise Courage
Devoted Christian
Joyful Christian
Believing Christian
Conviction Steadfast

Kids are named: Patience, Virtuous, Charity, Delightful, Perpetua, Vigilant, Couragious, Meek, Deliverance, Cherished, Blest, Cheerful, Committed, Fruitful, Perseverance, Gloriana (prob the most normal so far), United, Precious, Dilligent, Perserable, Eternity, Humble, Reliable, Graceful, Obedience, Merciful, Believing, Conviction....

TVNZ have done multiple documentaries about the community

Perpetua reminds me of Bridget jones. I think it  was her annoying co worker or was it her Mum’s friend? Funnily enough, I didn’t actually mind the name when i heard it all that many years ago.wouldnt ever use it though....

• Upvote 6

On 11/13/2019 at 6:46 AM, Jana814 said:

That’s funny. The tv host Carson Daly’s wife is named Siri also. I wonder if a phone beeps when he says her name. 

There is an author who's books I have enjoyed Siri Mitchell. It never dawned on me until now. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Perpetua reminds me of Bridget jones. I think it  was her annoying co worker or was it her Mum’s friend? Funnily enough, I didn’t actually mind the name when i heard it all that many years ago.wouldnt ever use it though....

I love Bridget Jones!  One of my favorite movies.  Perpetua was Bridget's coworker; she was there during the infamous "I'd rather have a job wiping Saddam Hussein's ass" speech.

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, Feminist_Defrauder91 said:

I love Bridget Jones!  One of my favorite movies.  Perpetua was Bridget's coworker; she was there during the infamous "I'd rather have a job wiping Saddam Hussein's ass" speech.

I've never seen Bridget Jones so I don't know the context in which that was said but when I saw your post,  that line made me laugh....loud....at 5 something in the morning!! 

Edited by mollysmom
clarification
  • Upvote 3

14 hours ago, mollysmom said:

I've never seen Bridget Jones so I don't know the context in which that was said but when I saw your post,  that line made me laugh....loud....at 5 something in the morning!! 

Haha it was such a great line.  You should see it!  I have a weakness for chick flicks so I'm biased, but I think Bridget Jones has more humor and depth than the typical chick flick.

• Upvote 10

I tried to watch Bridget jones diary since I’ve never seen it. I had to shut it off after twenty minutes - it was so annoying! 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

I think the books are more fun. In terms of "classic chick lit" they're definitely worth a place in the pop culture pantheon.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

On 11/16/2019 at 8:35 PM, viii said:

I tried to watch Bridget jones diary since I’ve never seen it. I had to shut it off after twenty minutes - it was so annoying! 

Thank you! I thought I was the only one.

• I Agree 3

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

Thank you! I thought I was the only one.

I enjoyed the first movie, but I have been in love with Colin Firth since the 80s.  ?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

I never liked Bridget Jones, I thought she was annoying.

Maybe I have to watch it again now that I am her age but I think I will find her even more annoying.

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I never liked Bridget Jones, I thought she was annoying.

Maybe I have to watch it again now that I am her age but I think I will find her even more annoying.

Don't bother it will just be even more annoying. 

• Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

On 11/16/2019 at 8:35 PM, viii said:

I almost didn't watch Chicago when I found out Renee Zellweiger was going to be in it.. didn't like her (OR Tom Cruise) in Jerry Maguire, either.

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I almost didn't watch Chicago when I found out Renee Zellweiger was going to be in it.. didn't like her (OR Tom Cruise) in Jerry Maguire, either.

I always find Tom Cruise really creepy. No amount of acting can wash the weird cult away.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 12

4 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

I always find Tom Cruise really creepy. No amount of acting can wash the weird cult away.

I'm the same with him, can't stand him in anything now. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

Tom Cruise annoys me so much. I cannot watch any of his movies. 

I hate $cientology, and avoid most of his movies...but my love of Aaron Sorkin overrides that when A Few Good Men is on TV.

• Upvote 5

On 11/20/2019 at 9:14 AM, Sullie06 said:

Tom Cruise annoys me so much. I cannot watch any of his movies. 

The  first movie I ever saw him in was TAPS,which I always thought was a star vehicle for Sean Penn... even then, TC was just ..off.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

I hate $cientology, and avoid most of his movies...but my love of Aaron Sorkin overrides that when A Few Good Men is on TV.

Love that movie, and screw it all when The Outsiders comes on, TC is in it so in frewquently you can easily over look him there. We'll do it for Johnny! 

• Upvote 5

On 11/15/2019 at 4:30 AM, kiwi said:

Dove Love
Steadfast Christian
Helpful Christian
Charity
Prayer Ready
Fervent Steadfast
Howard Temple
Devoted Faithful
Hopeful Christian
Paradise Courage
Devoted Christian
Joyful Christian
Believing Christian
Conviction Steadfast

Damn, Howard. At least he has a shot of blending into normal society if he escapes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

On 11/19/2019 at 1:16 PM, Four is Enough said:

I was really sad when I saw Renee was playing Judy Garland. It's not a good fit.

• Upvote 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic