IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 6: Virgin Drinks and Beach Pics and Expecting

GreyhoundFan

My former best friend was pregnant with what she thought was a girl and she picked the name Adley Grace. The baby ended up being a boy and she named him Beneniah Gracen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • WTF 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Caskett4ever said:

My uncle named his dog Brody (after the main character in Jaws). His son was born six months after the dog passed away. His son's name is Brody. I think most people tend to find it sweet that he named his son after his dog and not super weird.

Bindi Sue Irwin is named after a crocodile, Bindi, and Steve's dog, Sui.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

12 minutes ago, ColeJo said:

My former best friend was pregnant with what she thought was a girl and she picked the name Adley Grace. The baby ended up being a boy and she named him Beneniah Gracen. 

Please tell me you just made that up! Grayson isn't a bad name but the spelling Gracen omg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/4/2019 at 12:25 PM, NachosFlandersStyle said:

How long do you think that bright white living room decor will last once she has the kid?

My sister is big on the white theme, and surprisingly her living room and other rooms have lasted through two kids (kids are 4 and 18 months). She's not even anal about it, but I guess is careful what she buys is good quality so it cleans well. I always think white rooms look so sharp. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, ColeJo said:

@OyToTheVey The spelling of the middle name is legit. Not sure of the correct spelling of Beneniah.

I'm not even sure how to pronounce that. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Seculardaisy said:

Mykelti

Aspyn

Truely

Paedon

The sister wives love to butcher names.

That’s all the same mom, there’s also a Ysebel and Gwendolyn. Idky I know that off the top of my head. Not the same mom as Madison tho. Madison’s birth mom used normal names lol

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

4 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

That’s all the same mom, there’s also a Ysebel and Gwendolyn. Idky I know that off the top of my head. Not the same mom as Madison tho. Madison’s birth mom used normal names lol

That's what surprised me about Maddie. Mariah (Meri's daughter) is a normal spelling considered how it's pronounced and Robyn's kids also have normally spelled names. The only kryetyv speller is Christine.  Maddie's birth mom Janelle used pretty standard classy names with normal spelling. Logan, Madison, Hunter Elias, Garrison Robert, Gabriel, and Savannah. Nothing cre8tyv at all. Heck, even Maddie's first child, Axel, ended up with a pretty standard name and standard spelling. Why, oh why, do fundies feel the need to butcher mostly girls' names?

"This is my son Axel. And this is my daughter Evangalynn. E-v-a-n-then a-l-then with a y-double n." 

I don't expect any less from Corrlyn and Evyn. Oh wait. Carlin and Evan.  I tell y'all, hEvanli Joy(ce), I called it! ?‍♀️

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Caskett4ever said:

My uncle named his dog Brody (after the main character in Jaws). His son was born six months after the dog passed away. His son's name is Brody. I think most people tend to find it sweet that he named his son after his dog and not super weird.

Over the past 5-7 years my cousins have been having more boys than girls. Six of them named their sons Jake (either first or middle name). They are all much younger than I am and don't remember that our grandparents first dog was named Jake and after he died my grandfather said no more Jakes in the family. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Pretzel said:

"This is my son Axel. And this is my daughter Evangalynn. E-v-a-n-then a-l-then with a y-double n." 

"This is my son, Axel Brush, does your truck need its undercarriage cleaned?" That's all I can think and all I'll ever be able to think. I'm immature.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Now I'm just waiting for someone to name their twin girls Army and Navy.  Or maybe Armmie and Nayvie.  

Then the next girl could be named Marine. (Mareen?) 

And finally the twin boys, (Air) Force and (Coast) Guard. (Foarse and Garrd?)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 12

I don't think we follow the Rebacks (https://therebacks.com/about/) on here but they are a gold mine of Fundie ridiculous names. They morphed over time from creative mixing up of various namesakes to super Biblical:

David and Lyette of Florida have:

Daly Kay

Ryli RaVaye

Bliss Berit

Kemper Clara

Glory Grace

Trinity Tate

Jon Courson

Liberty Cross (!!!!!)

Judson Worth

Shepherd David

Ransom Witness

Sojourner Hope

Victory Rose

Stone Prosper (!!)

Verity Banner (as in banner of truth, I kid you not)

Vaughn McCrae (actually, back to namesakes here)

They're an interesting family to follow. They don't do modesty but are very into their church and supporting the military. Pretty sure they're hardcore Trumpians. The blog seems relatively dead and now I can't find Lyette's instagram. Her charity helping Gold Star families (families of US military personnel who died in service) is called Believe with Me.

Ryli seems to have a live-in boyfriend or husband and lives in Washington state and is a self-described "queer fetishist." I suspect there's been a family falling out (unfortunately); perhaps this explains the lock-down.

ETA: I found Lyette's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lyettereback/

Edited by PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea
instagram!
  • Upvote 7
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 3

Hey Downvoter,  I really do live on Hadley street!

15 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I don't think we follow the Rebacks (https://therebacks.com/about/) on here but they are a gold mine of Fundie ridiculous names. They morphed over time from creative mixing up of various namesakes to super Biblical:

Check out Gloriavale in New Zealand. Documentary is on Amazon. They almost all have adjective/biblical names. Super creepy cult. Some of the names are, Humble, Dove Love, Hopefully, Fruitful, Meek and Watchful (who married Dove Love) ...

Gloriavale Wiki page

• Upvote 6

On 9/11/2019 at 3:09 PM, OyToTheVey said:

I know a baby Hadley. She's a year old. Kinda hated it when I first heard but it's grown on me. At least it's spelled visually correct. I would have been stabby if they spelled it Hadleigh.

I also know a Hadley, born August 2018.

On 9/12/2019 at 9:43 AM, rebeccawriter01 said:

They are all much younger than I am and don't remember that our grandparents first dog was named Jake

Ha - I remember when Sting and his wife had a baby in the '80s that they named Jake, and I was all mad because it is a dog name.

(wtf?!? Not that I actually knew any dogs named that. Pretty sure I was just mad that I wasn't the one enjoying carnal pleasures with Sting...which would have been wildly inappropriate since I was a young teen, ha ha)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

On 9/10/2019 at 6:52 PM, indianabones said:

I don't know about anyone else, but this is exactly how I pictured her first bump photo! ? Lookings like she's carrying similarly to Josie and Alyssa, she's barely showing.

I wonder if she's rocking the exercise skirt to show off how modest she is or because she actually prefers covering up her leggings?

The leggings seem to have mesh sides, not sure how far up they go (I have ones that are mesh only on the calf and ones where it is the full leg) but if the upper leg is mesh too then it is probably modesty to not show her bare upper leg. I will wear yoga pants everywhere but I rarely wear the mesh ones outside my house. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/13/2019 at 7:56 AM, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Ryli seems to have a live-in boyfriend or husband and lives in Washington state and is a self-described "queer fetishist." I suspect there's been a family falling out (unfortunately); perhaps this explains the lock-down.

ETA: I found Lyette's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lyettereback/

Does anyone know what "queer fetishist" is supposed to mean? It sounds kind of offensive.

• Upvote 1

It's not offensive, especially if she calls herself that.  It just means she's queer and into kinky sex.  That second part is something most people would keep a bit more private, so I assume she's doing this in some kind of public capacity like organizing queer fetish parties or something. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

46 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

I get what @heysmilinstrange means, it sounds like she is fetishizing (is that a word?) queer people.

The way you explain it makes more sense.

Ah, that makes sense.  And yes, fetishizing is totally a word! 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

It's not offensive, especially if she calls herself that.  It just means she's queer and into kinky sex.  That second part is something most people would keep a bit more private, so I assume she's doing this in some kind of public capacity like organizing queer fetish parties or something. 

Ohhhhh duh, that makes way more sense. I just figured, we're talking about fundies, so I guess my guard was up.

• Upvote 3

On 9/10/2019 at 10:24 PM, nvmbr02 said:

I'm pretty sure it was his first wife.

Her given name was Elizabeth.  Hadley was her middle name, a nickname originally used by her grandparents. 

It sort of reminds me of parents who name their kids Harper (not Nelle) after Harper Lee.  Or who name their kids  Hunter after (not Deborah) Hunter Tylo.  It's a little strange to me but I find a lot of American suburban baby name trends really odd.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

Her given name was Elizabeth.  Hadley was her middle name, a nickname originally used by her grandparents. 

It sort of reminds me of parents who name their kids Harper (not Nelle) after Harper Lee.  Or who name their kids  Hunter after (not Deborah) Hunter Tylo.  It's a little strange to me but I find a lot of American suburban baby name trends really odd.  

Middle names are given names too. If that’s the name the person uses, surely it’s appropriate to use it when naming a child after them?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

• GreyhoundFan locked, unlocked and locked this topic