IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 6: Virgin Drinks and Beach Pics and Expecting

GreyhoundFan

Why do the Bateses always pick extremely weird and cringy name for their kids? 

Layla Rae is 100 % a stripper name. 

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, JPickleDuggar said:

1. They may have wanted to make the account with the name so no crazy fan takes it

2. I think its cute, since one day they can give her the password and it will be fun memories of her growing up

I'd like to maybe do that with my future kids with Facebook or something similar 

I really can’t imagine that Instagram will be around when baby Layla is old enough to log in to it. Maybe I’m wrong but it seems unlikely.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

To me the name Layla sounds like it belongs to an old lady. Its an ok name but i was expecting something super trendy from Carlin.

Edited by llucie
spelling
  • Upvote 2

nuts to give a baby an IG 

4 minutes ago, llucie said:

To me the name Layla sounds like it belongs to an old lady. Its an ok name but i was expecting something super trendy from Carlin.

just checked the name ranking and actually Layla sits at number 27 right now which surprised me. 

Edited by Ivycoveredtower
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

This name is making me think of Hannah Montana since Miley Cyrus’s character’s name was Miley Ray Stewart. I’m not a huge fan of the name but hopefully they just call the baby Layla and don’t do the southern Layla Rae double barreled name. I think the idea of the Instagram is cute if they were going to keep the account private and then give the kid the password when they are old enough but it being public and the public being able to interact and comment on the account is weird to me. I figured it was a girl based on the pic of Evan’s face in his hands from their sex reveal though.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I've actually always really liked the name Layla (I prefer the spelling Leila though). Rae is ok, not good not bad, typical Southern filler name I think. It's pretty enough.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I now share a name Duggar/Bates, so that's...something. Something tells me the name choice had nothing to do with Eric Clapton, though.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

Layla Rae is a terrible name together.  Rae is very much a filler middle name right now and sounds awful with Layla. I still think Whitney's pick this year is worse but ugh. Layla can work well but you need a better middle name with it.

Creating a separate instagram account for baby is weird, but also not surprising by them.

Edited by coffeebean7
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Not the kind of name I was expecting from Carlin, but Layla Rae is not bad at all.

Layla will be the ninth (!) Duggar/Bates granddaughter born in less than a year (10th with Annabell), and there is still time for someone to announce a pregnancy with a due date before Ivy Seewald’s first birthday. 

• Upvote 7

It's a girl helpmeet! I'm sure she has a very bright future ahead, complete with a shitty education, teenage wedding and a pregnancy before her first anniversary. Does anyone who knows the family better think there's a chance that Carlin will relax on the rules and patriarchy shit? I personally don't because after all, it's gotten her fame, money, and a Fundie Ken Doll who will work 60-hour weeks while taking classes so she can sit around and post on instagram. She seems genuinely happy, but in the end that's part of the problem-- she now has a basis to say, "I obeyed all the rules, embodied purity, and submit to my husband and look how great things are for me, so it will work this way for my daughter too".

Rant over, I get a little saltier every time a cult member conceives a female.

Edited by Sonic the Whoredgehog
formatting
  • Upvote 16

I kinda like the name Layla. Rae is just a generic middle name. But I do like the name. That’s a lot of girls born in one year. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I can’t be the only one with Eric Clapton running through her head. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I knew a girl in college named Layla (not sure how she spelled it) and I did not like her. At all. So, not a huge fan of the name for that reason alone but, it's not my kid! ;) 

• Upvote 3

Not a fan of a the name. Personally, I easily imagined loud mouthed, kinetic Carlin to have a very active, rough and tumble little boy. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

They created her an Instagram... why?!

I thought maybe it was created by one of those creepy ass fans but it isn’t.. Carlin tagged the account

EF8049EA-4850-44C5-BABF-5B16C58B1122.jpeg

I came to post this, but see I was too late lol But really though....

• Upvote 2

I was getting a strong girl vibe from them.  Bet most of the family was hoping for a boy since they're so outnumbered at this point.

I think Layla is...an OK name, I guess.  Don't like Rae at all. 

Hope there isn't some sort of competition going on with the names.

• Upvote 2

A fetus with an instagram account. Now THIS is the over the top shit I love about Zoolander and OfZoolander.

Fuck yeah, you attention seeking children. Fuck yeah. 

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 12
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

A fetus with an instagram account. Now THIS is the over the top shit I love about Zoolander and OfZoolander.

Fuck yeah, you attention seeking children. Fuck yeah. 

And that fetus already has 9,200 followers. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

And that fetus already has 9,200 followers. 

Who knew a fetus could be an influencer. Maybe she will start sponsoring products from the womb. HelloFresh? Shampoo? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 20

2 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

Who knew a fetus could be an influencer. Maybe she will start sponsoring products from the womb. HelloFresh? Shampoo? 

"Gestate better with _________".

If they're this over the top now just imagine after she's born.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

8 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Layla Rae is 100 % a stripper name. 

5 hours ago, coffeebean7 said:

Layla Rae is a terrible name together.  Rae is very much a filler middle name right now and sounds awful with Layla.

Layla Rae is only 2 letters away from my name.........

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, llucie said:

The baby name list can be really misleading. You have to take spellings into account. Layla is by far the most common spelling. A name like Kaylee is actually much more popular and should be higher up on the list if you take all the spellings into account. Add Kaylee, Kayleigh, Kaylie, Kaley and a million other spellings together. It would be much higher on the list. Since Layla is the most common way of spelling the name, it comes up much more popular on the list. 

Layla Rae is not a stripper name. Lol. This name choice is way better than I thought it would be.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked, unlocked and locked this topic