IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 6: Virgin Drinks and Beach Pics and Expecting

GreyhoundFan

1 minute ago, freethemall said:

Is it just me or do the sex reveal paint pictures look like a day on your period gone horribly wrong...

Some of the pink is pretty dark on her skin and does look a little like blood. Blue would have looked better. And less horror movie.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1

I'm surprised they picked an Arabic name. As ignorant as they are, they probably heard it /saw it somewhere, but have no clue. I personally love Layla as well as Leyla/Leila. Rae...meh.

• Upvote 11

11 hours ago, JPickleDuggar said:

1. They may have wanted to make the account with the name so no crazy fan takes it

2. I think its cute, since one day they can give her the password and it will be fun memories of her growing up

I'd like to maybe do that with my future kids with Facebook or something similar 

I think it can be cute (some people do it with E-Mail Accounts and write to them) when it is a private account. 

11 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

It reminds me of Lauren Luyendyk’s baby girl. They also have an account for her ever since she was 11 weeks pregnant and every post talked as if it was the baby

example:

Reveal hidden contents

FC32383D-428B-4F36-B99C-24B996741569.thumb.jpeg.0a832507379480f44f084f58e01bd63b.jpeg

I think it’s freaking weird tbh

I always think it’s weird when parents write as the baby/child. It always rubs me the wrong way. I know many find it funny I find it just weird. ?‍♀️

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

A fetus with an instagram account. Now THIS is the over the top shit I love about Zoolander and OfZoolander.

Fuck yeah, you attention seeking children. Fuck yeah. 

This is the future baby. And my prediction is that many many more will appear when the worldly rest of this generation starts having children. 

Now, are CarVan only picking names that are still available on Instagram? Will they manage 22 accounts at one point? Those will be the next first world fundie problems.

1 hour ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

I'm surprised they picked an Arabic name. As ignorant as they are, they probably heard it /saw it somewhere, but have no clue. I personally love Layla as well as Leyla/Leila. Rae...meh.

I was surprised too. Leyla/Leila/Layla was a very popular name in Arabic communities in my country at one point.

But who knows. Many names have been popular in many countries all over the world andere you cannot exactly pin point where the origin is.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 3

Thinking of what happened with Annabelle, I think it is pretty weird to make the Instagram account already. There are still so many things that could go wrong and what do you do with the account then?

They could have made the account to reserve the handle and keep it private until the birth.

Married at first sight couple Doug and Jamie run an account for their daughter as well. But these are also the people that post ‘baby is now the size of poppy seed’ (no joke)

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Thinking of what happened with Annabelle, I think it is pretty weird to make the Instagram account already. There are still so many things that could go wrong and what do you do with the account then?

They could have made the account to reserve the handle and keep it private until the birth.

Married at first sight couple Doug and Jamie run an account for their daughter as well. But these are also the people that post ‘baby is now the size of poppy seed’ (no joke)

I usually give Jamie a pass on her more ridiculous behavior. I watched that first season of MAFS religiously. Her childhood was shit. And she’s trying so hard to make her own family and do everything she can to give her kids a childhood she never got. They are the only couple left from that season that’s still married. 

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

A fetus with an instagram account. Now THIS is the over the top shit I love about Zoolander and OfZoolander.

Fuck yeah, you attention seeking children. Fuck yeah. 

It's s a thing.  It's not my thing, but it's a real thing.  In my due date group the question, "are you making your baby an Instagram account?", comes up regularly.  The biggest reason people, who aren't D-list celebs, seem to do it is so their kid can become a brand rep.   You and I might find it weird, but it's not that extra or over the top for this place and time.  A lot of normal parents are doing the same thing.  In my opinion It's almost stranger that she's the first in her circle to do it.   I'm surprised it's not the norm for their family of grifters to start in utero.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I usually give Jamie a pass on her more ridiculous behavior. I watched that first season of MAFS religiously. Her childhood was shit. And she’s trying so hard to make her own family and do everything she can to give her kids a childhood she never got. They are the only couple left from that season that’s still married. 

Same. I was surprised that they were the ones that made it through and stayed married. Doug has the patience of a saint and seems to really support Jamie well. His family seems great for her. MAFS really hit a home run in that pairing.

• Upvote 5

I actually really love the name Layla. Although the Leila spelling works better in my country, but I don't like it as much. So I've been saving it for a future furbaby, since the spelling won't really matter as much. I do wish someone would mention to them that it's an Arabic name just to see their faces. ? I am not a big fan of Rae in general and I don't think it goes well with the firstname. 

I agree with everyone weirded out by the instagram page, especially considering what Joy went through. Separate instagram accounts for babies and kids that have no choice about what gets put on the internet about them (especially those writing in the kid's "voice") are strange enough to me as it is. But I don't even put pictures of my face on instagram.?‍♀️

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I think "Khloe" will be hard to beat.  Not in a good way.

Waaaaaaay more stripperesque, IMO.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

20 hours ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

I can’t be the only one with Eric Clapton running through her head. 

I've been singing it since started reading through this thread. Love the name for the song. Hate the name for real life. 

23 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

They created her an Instagram... why?!

I thought maybe it was created by one of those creepy ass fans but it isn’t.. Carlin tagged the account

EF8049EA-4850-44C5-BABF-5B16C58B1122.jpeg

Just to be petty--the account is not "ran by" Mommy. It's "run by" Mommy. SOTDRT strikes again. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

There’s nothing specifically fundie to snark on with the baby name Instagram, I know it’s done by mainstream people.

But I still think it’s absurd. We’ve turned major life events into productions. I think it started as celebration, but it’s gotten so out of control. The Bates family does this to the extreme, starting with the courtposal. It’s why Erin is hinting at a vow renewal even though she had a huge wedding four years ago. You get married at one point in time, it’s not going to look on trend anymore! 

I just really dislike a culture wherein performing a life event is more important than living it. 

And gosh I hope Instagram doesn’t exist in 15 years! As someone above pointed out, it’s going to be awfully hard to keep up accounts when she’s got three under three or whatever.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

14 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Fill it full of photos of balloons for symbolism. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, FaithAndReason said:

Just to be petty--the account is not "ran by" Mommy. It's "run by" Mommy. SOTDRT strikes again. 

It’s not petty. I made 3 posts about it yesterday but didn’t post any of them because I was being too mean.

The thought of baby Layla being homeschooled by someone who can’t construct a very simple sentence using basic tense correctly is horrifying.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, theotherelise said:

There’s nothing specifically fundie to snark on with the baby name Instagram, I know it’s done by mainstream people.

But I still think it’s absurd. We’ve turned major life events into productions. I think it started as celebration, but it’s gotten so out of control. The Bates family does this to the extreme, starting with the courtposal. It’s why Erin is hinting at a vow renewal even though she had a huge wedding four years ago. You get married at one point in time, it’s not going to look on trend anymore! 

I just really dislike a culture wherein performing a life event is more important than living it. 

And gosh I hope Instagram doesn’t exist in 15 years! As someone above pointed out, it’s going to be awfully hard to keep up accounts when she’s got three under three or whatever.

I totally agree. And I hope there’s a pendulum swing back the other way to people trying to be more private when it comes to major life events. Some stars won’t even publicly say their child’s name! Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively had a third child at some point and nothing was announced about the baby’s name, sex, or when it was born. 

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, Charliemae said:

...so their kid can become a brand rep.   You and I might find it weird, but it's not that extra or over the top for this place and time.  A lot of normal parents are doing the same thing.  In my opinion It's almost stranger that she's the first in her circle to do it.   I'm surprised it's not the norm for their family of grifters to start in utero.

This! This makes so much more sense to me now! 

I understood that they might have some crazy fans and want to preserve the Instagram handle just in case for the future. But then why did they make it so public before she's even born? Because she comes from a "family of grifters" and they want all the free baby stuff sent to them on top of their baby-shower. This way, by the time Layla is born, she will already have a huge following, and maybe the brands will be more inclined to do paid partnership/sponsored posts. The account already has 11k followers! And of course Carlin will post a ton of baby and kid photos to one-up Alyssa, Erin, and Josie. I just scrolled through Josie's Instagram and she has also tagged brands (@shoplovedua, @wildbird, @littlebarebuns, @josiesmarketplace). 

Personally, I would never use social media like this for a myriad of reasons, but this is Carlin and Evan.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I totally agree. And I hope there’s a pendulum swing back the other way to people trying to be more private when it comes to major life events. Some stars won’t even publicly say their child’s name! Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively had a third child at some point and nothing was announced about the baby’s name, sex, or when it was born. 

We had a baby two weeks ago and the first time anything was mentioned about him at all on social media was his birth announcement. I know some people like to announce ASAP and make a big deal out of it, but I don’t get it at all. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 8

1 minute ago, princessmahina said:

We had a baby two weeks ago and the first time anything was mentioned about him at all on social media was his birth announcement. I know some people like to announce ASAP and make a big deal out of it, but I don’t get it at all. 

I get announcing right away on your private social media account so you don’t have to make a million calls or texts to people when you just had a baby. I did that and it was fine. However the thought of being famous is incredibly off putting to me so I often think about the kids of celebrities that have no choice. And obviously Carlin’s Children will have no choice. 

• Upvote 5

I think things are reaching the point with both the Duggar and Bates families where new babies, especially in groups, are going to tend to get lost in the noise.  Exceptions might be the next boy in the Bates family or the first child of a couple in either.  Aren't there currently seven baby girls expected between them?  Some of the parents might be perfectly happy to have other babies get more media attention (e.g., Joe and Kendra) but I think some of the mom's are going to be in competition, frenemy-style.  Maybe the IG account is an attempt by Carlin to start drawing early interest for Layla?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

I supposed an Instagram account for baby isn't any different than having a Facebook account for a baby/young child but I know several people IRL that set up Facebook accounts, though I think they were all done after birth. Not my cup of tea personally. 

I did set up an gmail account for each of our kids when they were very young/born. First name. last name @ gmail for all 3 kids. My husband thought it was strange at the time but now my oldest uses her email for some stuff that is borderline professional and at least she has something normal sounding and easy to remember to use. 

Edited by nvmbr02
spelling
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I know a woman with her complete & perfect family (her words), who constantly attaches hashtags to pictures of her children in what I can only presume is to build an online reputation for future fame.  Yes, she is that type, documents their 'perfect' life, with posed photos (her over the top, boobs out, butt out, arms in the air continually, think Vanna & TaaDaa), descriptor hashtags with the kids names, etc.  It's a little overwhelming for me to see, I can't even imagine what it must be like to live it!

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 2

2 hours ago, princessmahina said:

Congratulations on the birth of your baby!

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Same. I was surprised that they were the ones that made it through and stayed married. Doug has the patience of a saint and seems to really support Jamie well. His family seems great for her. MAFS really hit a home run in that pairing.

(Wait, Jason and Cortney split up? :sad: Off to google it...)

3 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

I did set up an gmail account for each of our kids when they were very young/born. First name. last name @ gmail for all 3 kids. My husband thought it was strange at the time but now my oldest uses her email for some stuff that is borderline professional and at least she has something normal sounding and easy to remember to use. 

Okay, it really made me stop and think for a moment, to realize that Gmail has been around long enough for a kid who inherited an account at a very young age to be using it for (sort of) professional stuff... makes me feel old!

4 hours ago, princessmahina said:

Congrats and best wishes to you and your family!

Edited by scoutsadie
because her parents went mostly phonetic
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

(Wait, Jason and Cortney split up? :sad: Off to google it...)

Yes, they stayed married for a few years but I think they split up because they wanted different things out of life. I still consider them a successful match though, since they were happy for quite a while.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan locked, unlocked and locked this topic