IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 6: Virgin Drinks and Beach Pics and Expecting

GreyhoundFan

24 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Former football quarterback & US Congressman Heath Shuler has 2 children, Island and Navy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heath_Shuler

[or as I like to refer to them, "Barnacle" and "Capt'n Morgan")

I’m all for unique middle names. Go as weird as you want! Give that kid the craziest middle name you can think of! I personally think it’s just better long term to give them a more common first name. I’m not saying everyone has to have the same boring first name. But maybe Island and Navy would have worked out better as middle names. Island could easily go by Isla so it’s not a huge issue. And Navy isn’t as bad as Heistheway. So I guess it could be worse. But I’m just the type who tries to think of kids as adults with these names. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, Cupcake79 said:

Long time lurker, first time writer. I don’t think Carlin is due any later than 22/23 Feb. Because if she’d be due any later than that she would have had her period at her wedding and I find that unlikely. I mean, if you’re going to loose your virginity at your wedding night you’d be clever enough to plan the wedding when you don’t have your period. 

Sorry about any poor grammar, English is not my mother tongue.

Well, you can do the math on Jill D. and find out they didn't do the math very well.:brain-bleach:

Also, for some reason I thought that Erin's clotting disorder was Antiphospholipid syndrome (APS) so I assume that Carlin's is as well. But I could be remembering wrong as I know someone who had that so it sort of stuck with me.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, nolongerIFBx said:

Well, you can do the math on Jill D. and find out they didn't do the math very well.:brain-bleach:

Also, for some reason I thought that Erin's clotting disorder was Antiphospholipid syndrome (APS) so I assume that Carlin's is as well. But I could be remembering wrong as I know someone who had that so it sort of stuck with me.

Per the episode from the first season, Dr. Vick told Erin she had two clotting factors that were contributing to her issue. The first was related to her folate/folic acid level and prescribed additional folate for her. The second is Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor or PAI. Prior to pregnancy, she was told to take aspirin to thin her blood and then began the shots after pregnancy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

This is kind of random but we are talking about names. A guy at work today told me his son's name is Oliver. I don't know that I've ever met someone with that name but it's actually really really cute! I like it! 

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m all for unique middle names. Go as weird as you want! Give that kid the craziest middle name you can think of! I personally think it’s just better long term to give them a more common first name. I’m not saying everyone has to have the same boring first name. But maybe Island and Navy would have worked out better as middle names. Island could easily go by Isla so it’s not a huge issue. And Navy isn’t as bad as Heistheway. So I guess it could be worse. But I’m just the type who tries to think of kids as adults with these names. 

I hate youneek spellings or pronunciations. I went to college with a girl named Eve. All the instructors called her Eve and she’d get so PO’d. She pronounced it Ev (like ever).  What a horrible life always having your name misspelled or mispronounced.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 1

I don't know about anyone else, but this is exactly how I pictured her first bump photo! ? Lookings like she's carrying similarly to Josie and Alyssa, she's barely showing.

I wonder if she's rocking the exercise skirt to show off how modest she is or because she actually prefers covering up her leggings?

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, mollysmom said:

This is kind of random but we are talking about names. A guy at work today told me his son's name is Oliver. I don't know that I've ever met someone with that name but it's actually really really cute! I like it! 

I love the name Oliver. It has become quite trendy in some areas the last few years though. I know at least 6 kids named Oliver, age 9 and younger. It was our boy name if our now 10 year old was a boy, but we had a girl. We considered it for our puppy, but we have too many friends's with sons named Oliver so we went with Gus (Augustus). 

• Upvote 6

On 9/9/2019 at 12:52 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Girl: Harper, Piper, Savannah, Hadley

Seriously, Hadley?  That is the name of my street.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 5

I'm going to up my vote and say 

hEvanli Joy(ce)

Just like Maddie Brush(SisterWives) she could go with Evangalynn. A lovely name, butchered with tryndy spelling and a lifetime of never finding name necklaces or bracelets or having anyone get it right at the first try. Just the way fundies like it.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

We named our first born (cat) Oliver. We really adore the name for a child, but I'm pretty sure we'd get really strange names if we named our first human born after our first kitty born. Yes, we are crazy cat people. But we are not willing to be THAT crazy.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I hate youneek spellings or pronunciations. I went to college with a girl named Eve. All the instructors called her Eve and she’d get so PO’d. She pronounced it Ev (like ever).  What a horrible life always having your name misspelled or mispronounced.

To be fair, maybe she was French. I taught a lovely French-Canadian student and pronounced her name the English way the whole term. She was too nice to correct me! Unfortunately our online software (Desire to Learn) doesn't show accents, which would have given me a clue. I did something similar with a Melanie but caught myself earlier in the term.

Now I make them fill out a survey about their nickname (the Chinese students often pick English names which don't show up anywhere) and pronouns.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

Seriously, Hadley?  That is the name of my street.

I know someone who is naming their next daughter Hadley. The first one was Huntley. I think both are ugly names but Huntley is honestly on par with Spurgeon for me. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3

58 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

We named our first born (cat) Oliver. We really adore the name for a child, but I'm pretty sure we'd get really strange names if we named our first human born after our first kitty born. Yes, we are crazy cat people. But we are not willing to be THAT crazy.

This reminds me to finally complete my classic Disney collection and track down Oliver and Company. 

Oliver was a popular name in my country with a quick rise in the 50s, top in the 70s and a decline since the 1990s. It’s now often used as a second name. 

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

This reminds me to finally complete my classic Disney collection and track down Oliver and Company. 

Oliver was a popular name in my country with a quick rise in the 50s, top in the 70s and a decline since the 1990s. It’s now often used as a second name. 

Oliver was named after that movie! We also have a Stitch... he is well named.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

55 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

I know someone who is naming their next daughter Hadley. The first one was Huntley. I think both are ugly names but Huntley is honestly on par with Spurgeon for me. 

Huntley as a surname  is the name of a muderer who killed two little girls in the UK. Consequently the name gives me the shivers. 

• WTF 1

2 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

My uncle named his dog Brody (after the main character in Jaws). His son was born six months after the dog passed away. His son's name is Brody. I think most people tend to find it sweet that he named his son after his dog and not super weird.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, indianabones said:
I wonder if she's rocking the exercise skirt to show off how modest she is or because she actually prefers covering up her leggings?

I think it's because she is dying to be one of those instagram moms who rocks her athleisure around town with a baseball cap + full face of makeup looking all "put together and I didn't even try" but she doesn't have the balls to go full on leggings solo yet. Sure she's done skinny jeans and sleeveless shirts but leggings are body hugging and more immodest. Even though we've seen Alyssa do it I think Carlin is still getting her feet wet with having freedom. That and I'm sure they are in some partnership with the modest athletic wear company so she probably got it for free.

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I named my first dog Oliver after Oliver and Company!

• Upvote 4

I know a baby Hadley. She's a year old. Kinda hated it when I first heard but it's grown on me. At least it's spelled visually correct. I would have been stabby if they spelled it Hadleigh.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Pretzel said:

I'm going to up my vote and say 

hEvanli Joy(ce)

Just like Maddie Brush(SisterWives) she could go with Evangalynn. A lovely name, butchered with tryndy spelling and a lifetime of never finding name necklaces or bracelets or having anyone get it right at the first try. Just the way fundies like it.

OhMyGosh I had to google it but they actually used evangalynn as a name with that spelling. 

Why would you take a gorgeous name and butcher it? That's awful. 

Also may have thrown up in my mouth a bit when I saw Kodie as the middle name.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

18 minutes ago, LacyMay said:

OhMyGosh I had to google it but they actually used evangalynn as a name with that spelling. 

Why would you take a gorgeous name and butcher it? That's awful. 

Also may have thrown up in my mouth a bit when I saw Kodie as the middle name.

She does have a sister named Truely Brown ?

• Upvote 3

• GreyhoundFan locked, unlocked and locked this topic