• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
samurai_sarah

Maxwell 31: InVESTing in Quality Bible Bindings

Eternalbluepearl

How come Sarah doesn't go along on the 8 week long super secret ministry trip? 

I wonder if Anna or Mary's heart will be knit to someone while serving the Lord...you just never know when hearts will knit. 

fundiefan

I've never really known of a mission/ministry that is looking for privacy. They want their name out there, they want people to come to them, they want to shout their "good works" or whatever the hell they are doing. They exist to force people to Jesus - what about that requires privacy? 

As usual, the Maxwells want to tell you how to live but not actually tell you anything. They're so private dontchaknow. 

I'm of the mind that Stevey got caught with his pants down too many time - a couple of failed courtships, just for starters - and couldn't backtrack fast enough. So, they say nothing that can come back to haunt them. 

As for praying - sorry, Maxwells. I'm not the praying kind. But, if I were, I'd like to know exactly what I was praying for,  not just some random girls off on a ministry trip shrouded in privacy. I can't imagine praying for "salvation" for their victims "those secret people they're ministering to" without knowing who they are. I might pray they come away from their interaction unscathed though. 

Edited by fundiefan

JermajestyDuggar
3 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I wonder if Anna or Mary's heart will be knit to someone while serving the Lord...you just never know when hearts will knit

I hate when fundies use this term. My creepy and often graphic imagination immediately thinks of two bloody and beating hearts being knit together with knitting needles. Barf.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

Aithuia

Well, if there's one thing Sarah's post taught me, it's that I'm not using the phrase "hinder Satan" nearly often enough in my life.

Eclipse
10 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Palimpsest, never mind that several of these countries are majority Catholic/Catholic offshoot church.  Never mind that Egypt and India have churches that have existed since the time of the Apostles.  Never mind that Vietnam might not be majority Christian, but it does hav a healthy population of Catholic Christians due to French colonization.  None of these countries need evangelical/fundie missionaries!

Now we are being silly. Catholics aren't Christian.* Just ask pretty much any fundie.

*To be clear, I don't believe that.

terranova

Sarah can't go on a mission. She's nearly 40, so there's no point sending her off to find a potential mate, plus, she's needed at home to look after the kids. Poor Sarah.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

Abstract

They don't want the ministry being harassed by Maxwell haters/snarkers. That's my take on the reason for the secrecy.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

IReallyAmHopewell

Gosh! They've ratcheted up the paranoia.  A ministry must remain private so their rock star status daughters can help them in private? Hell, even Prince Harry announces who he's helping in Africa!! And what ministry doesn't want FREE PUBLICITY? Or, would they be tainted by association with Anna and Mary as do nothing "girls" with a  whole summer to waste praying for husbands and making balloon animals? Ridiculous. Journey to the Heart anyone? Or at an "event" in a dangerous  Heathen Country somewhere in another time zone....like, say, Los Angeles? 🤡🤡

Granwych
3 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Gosh! They've ratcheted up the paranoia.  A ministry must remain private so their rock star status daughters can help them in private? Hell, even Prince Harry announces who he's helping in Africa!! And what ministry doesn't want FREE PUBLICITY? Or, would they be tainted by association with Anna and Mary as do nothing "girls" with a  whole summer to waste praying for husbands and making balloon animals? Ridiculous. Journey to the Heart anyone? Or at an "event" in a dangerous  Heathen Country somewhere in another time zone....like, say, Los Angeles? 🤡🤡

Maybe Lolly is debuting her baby sister, Loony.

Edited by Granwych
Stupid autocorrect
  • Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 7