IGNORED

Maxwell 31: InVESTing in Quality Bible Bindings

samurai_sarah

Who wrote the blog post about the man’s hand job magazine Stevie or Sarah? I thought Stevie was an expert in men’s hand jobs?

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9

14 hours ago, kpmom said:

This is the one I remember, although there could have been others.

It might have been a nice photo of four generations if they had moved Teri's parents and their chairs front and center and everyone posed around them.

But, then, of course the attention would be more focused on them instead of Steve and family.

My thoughts exactly. The Steve Maxwell Family ... And The Afterthoughts. (Crop ‘em out when you don’t need ‘em, the pesky old elderly).

Revolting. 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 7

I've always hated that Gigi and Granddad (when he was alive) are never included in the yearly family picture. There may have been once where they were included, but that was many years ago. 

It's all just Maxwells - can't even have fiances. 

Steve's obsession with his name is soooo weird. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

21 hours ago, johnhugh said:

Who wrote the blog post about the man’s hand job magazine Stevie or Sarah? I thought Stevie was an expert in men’s hand jobs?

I'm guessing Steve wrote it. What I want to know is what were those ads the commenter mentioned that were "un-family friendly" and just what is an un-family anyway. Never mind, I know the answer to that one--it's any family structure that is not "1 man, 1 woman, united in holy wedlock, and their quiverful of heterosexual cis-gender offspring". So Cheerios runs un-family friendly ads, as does Gillette. And because June is pride month I'm sure we'll be seeing more un-family friendly ads because that's where the money is. Suck it up, Maxwells.

• Upvote 6

I love that Gillette ad where a dad shows his trans son how to shave.  It's not the first time recently that Gillette has ruffled fundie feathers either.  They had one earlier this year about toxic masculinity.  

They've been showing this ad for Hello Fresh which showed two guys cooking together and then two women cooking dinner together.  Just in the past couple of weeks, they've clarified that the make couple is two friends.  Can't have anyone thinking they might be lovers or, heavens to Betsy!, married.

I'm going to make the Pride Cake in The Perfect Cake this month.  America's Test Kitchen published the recipe for anyone to use when the Supreme Court ruled in Oberfell v Ohio.

On the 28th, TCM is showing a daytime marathon of Judy Garland films.  It's not her birthday, but the 50th anniversary of her death.  Judy's death is believed by some to be a catalyst of the Stonewall Riots.  The evening is devoted to showing gay-themed movies, but not The Boys in the Band.  I can watch that on Youtube but maybe I should just get the DVD.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

Saying "so-and-so has gifted me" with anything is nails on the chalkboard to me. There's a perfectly good verb just waiting to be used. Given. The word is "given."

"Christopher has given me a subscription." Better English, and much less pretentious.

You don't need to consider gifting anyone with it, either. You can give it to them.

Edited by VVV
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 1

I also find the “gifted” thing weird. 

And it’s a typical Maxwell post. If Steve’s had it for a number of years, why not mention a project or two that he got from the magazine? Something tells me that the promised Father’s Day ideas won’t be linked to it, particularly because it said “from Titus 2”. I bet they’ll just be product shills, like Redeeming the Time, or My Delight: Loving Your Husband. 

• Upvote 9

12 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I'm guessing Steve wrote it. What I want to know is what were those ads the commenter mentioned that were "un-family friendly" and just what is an un-family anyway. Never mind, I know the answer to that one--it's any family structure that is not "1 man, 1 woman, united in holy wedlock, and their quiverful of heterosexual cis-gender offspring". So Cheerios runs un-family friendly ads, as does Gillette. And because June is pride month I'm sure we'll be seeing more un-family friendly ads because that's where the money is. Suck it up, Maxwells.

To the bolded, I love how the commenter automatically assumed that the ad was never seen again because the company responded to his complaint and not, you know, because the advertiser may have only contracted for one issue to see the response. Of course, an explanation like that doesn’t fit their narrative.

Sarah’s pix from her photoshoot with Deborah are up. They’re definitely not up to her usual standard (that being “better than what Chris would do”). The photo of Abby holding the baby really bothers me for some reason. There’s something very “teen mom” about it, which is, sadly, kind of true…

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

9 hours ago, VVV said:

Saying "so-and-so has gifted me" with anything is nails on the chalkboard to me. There's a perfectly good verb just waiting to be used. Given. The word is "given."

"Christopher has given me a subscription." Better English, and much less pretentious.

You don't need to consider gifting anyone with it, either. You can give it to them.

Thank gods and garters someone finally said this. GIFT IS NOT DAMN VERB.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

Sarah says Deborah looks much older than 9 days old in this picture:

Spoiler

Deborah.jpg.c6e413c7e84e5f0e03964051c59e7edb.jpg

Well, yeah, with that bow on her head she looks like she's ready to take in your wash:

Spoiler

925210176_washerwoman.jpg.e6ab085d9b140a6f413d5c1231591486.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 4

I am not great at grammar so I tend to not say anything BUT Sarah needs some serious help. 

Example: We scheduled it for late afternoon, and we again used the master bedroom which we also used for Benjamin’s. All she had to say was: we took the pictures late afternoon and used the same bedroom Benjamin’s photos were taken in. 

• Upvote 13

15 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Steve's obsession with his name is soooo weird. 

He's making an idol of his own name, lol! 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I am not great at grammar so I tend to not say anything BUT Sarah needs some serious help. 

Example: We scheduled it for late afternoon, and we again used the master bedroom which we also used for Benjamin’s. All she had to say was: we took the pictures late afternoon and used the same bedroom Benjamin’s photos were taken in. 

Or not said any of that as why would we care?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

"If youre looking for tips just google them"

Damn sarah, you are  putting in the least amount of effort here

• Upvote 15

Sarah’s pics of Deborah definitely aren’t her best effort. All photographers have bad days but she basically blamed it on a 9 day old baby not cooperating.  And the ‘just google it’ remark again!! Sarah, please give your loving admirers some good photography links, they’re not going to try to take over your job as Maxwell family photographer. However, I do believe there are many Maxwell followers who would not think for themselves to ‘google it’ without the Titus2 blog bestowing the idea on them. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

Seeing Sarah look so happy whilst holding Deborah just makes me desperately sad, that combined with the shitty birthday post back in January. I know we rail against fundie women only being allowed to be wives and mothers, but when even that has been denied to you it must suck utterly. 

FUCK YOU STEVEHOVAH

• Upvote 14
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 5

6 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Thank gods and garters someone finally said this. GIFT IS NOT DAMN VERB.

But [not defending him] neither is "helm" or "task" yet they are now very popular verbs.

On the PHOTO SHOOT

Ugh! Why do they always put some damned thing on a girl's head so we see she's a girl? UGH. as in UGH-LY thing, too.

• Upvote 5

@kpmom, when I saw that photo of poor lil' Debbie Carol all I could think of was recent RuPaul's DragRace contestant Silky Nutmeg Ganache.  

If you don't know who Silky is, you can google her. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

@kpmom, when I saw that photo of poor lil' Debbie Carol all I could think of was recent RuPaul's DragRace contestant Silky Nutmeg Ganache, especially in her "talking heads".

If you don't know who Silky is, you can google her. 

Edited by PennySycamore
adding info and punctuation

9 hours ago, kpmom said:

Sarah says Deborah looks much older than 9 days old in this picture:

Hide contents

Deborah.jpg.c6e413c7e84e5f0e03964051c59e7edb.jpg

Well, yeah, with that bow on her head she looks like she's ready to take in your wash:

Reveal hidden contents

925210176_washerwoman.jpg.e6ab085d9b140a6f413d5c1231591486.jpg

I can't snark on a little baby. I think she looks adorable in this picture and I love that she is awake for it.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I can't snark on a little baby. I think she looks adorable in this picture and I love that she is awake for it.

Those Nathan Maxwell grandchildren are just plain adorable. All of them. I’m thinking this one might look like Tina. She’s such a cutie and if Debbie is a little Tina, she will always be so damn cute. 

• Upvote 6

34 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I agree, the baby is adorable!  And the picture of her awake (and smiling!) is precious.

It's the headband, bow, whatever that thing is on her head that i was talking about.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, freejugar said:

"If youre looking for tips just google them"

Damn sarah, you are  putting in the least amount of effort here

Sarah: "Don't ask me any questions. That's what Google is there for. None of us Maxwells puts our lives on the blog for anyone to ask questions about it. It's only to show the world how to live a perfectly godly life like we do. If you have a question, just Google it, dammit and leave me alone!"

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

Deborah is a very pretty baby. I had to look over that picture of Sarah holding her for a second time, I thought the baby was giving the bird. 

• Haha 5

I agree; the “just google it” comment was just rude. I guess the allotted blogging time on the schedule does not allow Sarah to write a list of five things she strives for in a photo shoot. 

I am not a real or pretend photographer but I could come up with five things:

Ideal time of day for lighting purposes

Color combinations for baby’s outfit

How to keep baby comfortable (use a heating pad so she will stay warm and sleepy)

How to pose siblings

Traditional mother/baby poses that she likes to use

and dozens of other ideas 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic