IGNORED

Maxwell 31: InVESTing in Quality Bible Bindings

samurai_sarah

I got no snark.  That is one beautiful, adorable baby.  So much hair!  The pic of Tina holding her practically made me tear up.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

I got no snark.  That is one beautiful, adorable baby.  So much hair!  The pic of Tina holding her practically made me tear up.

I bet Tina really wanted a little sister since she’s never had one. And now she’s very happy about it. I agree that picture is beyond sweet. 

• Upvote 3

Cute subjects, but awful pictures.  Why would you want a dozen pics of your baby with a giant pacifier taking up half its face? Those are like quick cellphone shots you'd take just hanging out with your family.  If Sarah had an ounce of awareness she'd be embarrassed to post such things and call them "photography".

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

23 minutes ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Cute subjects, but awful pictures.  Why would you want a dozen pics of your baby with a giant pacifier taking up half its face? Those are like quick cellphone shots you'd take just hanging out with your family.  If Sarah had an ounce of awareness she'd be embarrassed to post such things and call them "photography".

It’s sad because James Staddon constantly teaches young people photography. I personally think James is a much better landscape photographer but I bet Sarah could learn something from him. James Staddon was just at a homeschool conference in Ohio teaching some young people photography skills. He posted a picture of them on Instagram and all the girls were wearing skinny jeans and leggings. I imagine this is why Steve won’t let her take a class from James Staddon. Even if she was chaperoned. Because James seems to accept kids who don’t dress fundie at all (they might be fundie but I’ve seen students with multiple piercings, hair dyed unnatural colors, and immodest clothing). 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12

Deborah definitely gave some challenges, but with newborn photos, one learns to adapt and stretch their creativity. She didn’t sleep much, and she didn’t naturally curl into a newborn position.

I hope this is the first indications of a long life-time of doing her own thing and refusing to do what's expected of her. And she's such a lovely little one with hair to die for!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

In the June issue of Mom's Corner Griselda Teri calls baby Debbie an arrow.  Debbie is a human being not an arrow you fucking twat!

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

Never mind

Edited by kpmom
Nothing to see here

21 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I agree; the “just google it” comment was just rude. I guess the allotted blogging time on the schedule does not allow Sarah to write a list of five things she strives for in a photo shoot. 

I am not a real or pretend photographer but I could come up with five things:

Ideal time of day for lighting purposes

Color combinations for baby’s outfit

How to keep baby comfortable (use a heating pad so she will stay warm and sleepy)

How to pose siblings

Traditional mother/baby poses that she likes to use

and dozens of other ideas 

My guess: Poor Sarah really, really, really dislikes writing and wants to do as little as possible. 

Melanie looks ... tired.  I hope Nate is seeing to it that she’s getting enough rest. Between the Maxspinsters, and Melanie’s sisters, and of course Abby, she should be able to get a lot of rest PRN. Homeschooling can go on summer what-some-would-call-a-vacation for several weeks. 

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, SPHASH said:

In the June issue of Mom's Corner Griselda Teri calls baby Debbie an arrow.  Debbie is a human being not an arrow you fucking twat!

I remember that the title of the post announcing Melanie’s pregnancy with Andrew was “With Grateful Hearts: Another Arrow in the Womb”. Such a painful way of describing pregnancy!!

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

Why is Sarah now the baby photographer? I thought Christopher was the one assigned photography as a vocation?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

47 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Why is Sarah now the baby photographer? I thought Christopher was the one assigned photography as a vocation?

Because she usually does a better job. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

On 6/4/2019 at 10:27 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

James seems to accept kids who don’t dress fundie at all (they might be fundie but I’ve seen students with multiple piercings, hair dyed unnatural colors, and immodest clothing).  

It's a great way to trick convince that whatever the Gothard followers call themselves today are really "just like you".  I'd hardly call a Staddon a mainstream homeschooler--and a lot of those go to homeschool conventions. It's the Maxwells who only go to their own or carefully selected (i.e. tiny) homeschool conventions.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

Because she usually does a better job. 

But that is not how Steveoah scheduled It ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

Coward Steve and Griselda Teri will be spewing their venom at Lighthouse Baptist Church in Hartford, AL June 23 and 25.  Is that near Aunt Tami?  Will Poor Sarah and the reversals be tagging along, or be babysat by one of the married brothers or gasp! be home alone?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

Coward Steve and Griselda Teri will be spewing their venom at Lighthouse Baptist Church in Hartford, AL June 23 and 25.  Is that near Aunt Tami?  Will Poor Sarah and the reversals be tagging along, or be babysat by one of the married brothers or gasp! be home alone?

Will they be in search of a suitable bride for Jesse? It seems to be the trend for Maxwell daughters in law to not come from the local population, Melanie being the exception.  I suspect Steve  thinks it's good for the DIL's to not be close to their family of origin, the better to keep all under his influence.  But I've often wondered what Melanie's folks think of Steve and Teri. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Is it a rule that all their heads must be cut off? I mean, it's a mistake I make a lot, but I don't take pictures for anything formal like newborn shoots. I can only hope these are the outtakes and the keeping ones are better framed.

So in the Google Maps image of the "church" Steve is going to be preaching at, the "Green metal roof building, rectangular in shape" has a Cafe sign hung up on the frontage. And it's tiny. Are they only expecting 20 people? I don't know much about Alabama but I thought it was Bible Belt and possibly quite open to the unique Maxhell message. But that's a tiny wee church.

Edited by terranova
forgot
  • Upvote 4

7 hours ago, terranova said:

So in the Google Maps image of the "church" Steve is going to be preaching at, the "Green metal roof building, rectangular in shape" has a Cafe sign hung up on the frontage. And it's tiny. Are they only expecting 20 people? I don't know much about Alabama but I thought it was Bible Belt and possibly quite open to the unique Maxhell message. But that's a tiny wee church.

But you can't swing a cat in Alabama without hitting 3 fundy Christian churches, at least.  Do the Maxwells know the Bowers (currently located in Alabama, until they need to move elsewhere to scoop up some spouses for their kids)

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

But you can't swing a cat in Alabama without hitting 3 fundy Christian churches, at least.  Do the Maxwells know the Bowers (currently located in Alabama, until they need to move elsewhere to scoop up some spouses for their kids)

They do know the Bowerses. From John and Chelsy’s wedding at least. Unless they completely avoided one another. Which would be weird but hey, it’s the Maxwell’s. A few of the Bowers family are in Missouri right now to promote that Agenda movie. Per their Instagram. Here is a link to the schedule: https://www.agendadocumentary.com/tour-schedule.html

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

I did not know about Agenda. That is just... terrifying. Has anyone shown it to Mr. Atheist?

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I did not know about Agenda. That is just... terrifying. Has anyone shown it to Mr. Atheist?

Good idea! I don’t think he has reviewed it yet.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Inspired by the Maxborg’s general instruction to “google it,” I did, and found that downtown Leavenworth, KS, indeed, has been trying to stay vital since 1995!  I’m gonna have to visit,  some time. 

But here’s my gift to you: the upcoming community concert features - get ready - a band called Dating Sarah.

If I wanted to make this up, I couldn’t have. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 16

I vaguely remember seeing Agenda, which I think was largely about how Obama is a communist because he's connected to people who are connected to people who... etc.  I really don't remember anything substantial about it.

But I guess I'll be seeing Agenda 2 when my parents inevitably find out about it.  At least I somehow managed to escape seeing this one: https://absentmovie.com/

On 5/31/2019 at 7:57 AM, knitwit said:

Also, thinking of the rapidly dwindling chances of the Maxwell girls getting married, I have to wonder how well they'd even cope.  What if the husband liked sports, wanted to encourage their kids to pursue something they truly enjoyed, or anything else they've had drummed into their heads as sinful?  What if their husband wanted dinners with, say, substance or flavour?  Either they'd embrace any (by comparison to Steve) relaxation of the rules or, at best, be conflicted by their mandate to obey their husbands.

Could such a man fool Steve long enough to be allowed to court a Maxgirl?

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Inspired by the Maxborg’s general instruction to “google it,” I did, and found that downtown Leavenworth, KS, indeed, has been trying to stay vital since 1995!  I’m gonna have to visit,  some time. 

But here’s my gift to you: the upcoming community concert features - get ready - a band called Dating Sarah.

If I wanted to make this up, I couldn’t have. 

If you make it to the LV for a Maxwell tour I will meet you for Godly coffee and shopping at Aldi :D

• Upvote 8

Christopher & NR Anna had a "no touch courtship".   Could Stevehovah go one better if he allowed one of daughters to court? I imagine something along the lines of a table with a plexiglass partition and a phone like one sees in jail.

Edited by FloraKitty35
puncuation
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic