IGNORED

Maxwell 31: InVESTing in Quality Bible Bindings

samurai_sarah

9 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Jesse getting married would be the ultimate seal of the Maxgirls’ fates. 

They are taking magical thinking to the nth degree if they still believe god is going to drop a godly husband on their doorstep. Such a weird and harmful disconnect.

And, as a mom, I would think Teri would really be worried about her girls and their future. How will they ever achieve the Christian ideal of dutiful wife and mother on the road they are on now?

Plus, it’s such a black mark their *brand* you would think they wouldn’t allow this area of failure.

Teri needs to take some lessons from Mrs. Bennett.

Someone send her a copy of Pride and Prejudice *stat*.

Not the newer version.

Maybe the Colin Firth mini- series?  

<swoon>

Could Colin Firth be the key to freeing the Maxgirls? ? ?

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I have always thought that Steve is the reason why the girls aren’t married. They want to find a man like their father & their aren’t many out their like him. 

Agree with the first part of your post. However, I think Steve cannot let go of the girls; after all, letting them marry means he would no longer exert any control over them.  Also, I speculate it would be very hard on Teri to have to function at home without the daughters.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10

Huh. The short post about God never changing/with that single photo seems to have disappeared. Now the most recent post is the one about Gigi’s porch. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Huh. The short post about God never changing/with that single photo seems to have disappeared. Now the most recent post is the one about Gigi’s porch. 

Thank you. I thought I was going crazy. I always go to their blog before coming here so I know what FJ would be talking about. I couldn’t understand why I thought there had been another post and then it was gone. 

• Upvote 6

I think there are many reasons Teri and Steve are deliberately preventing their daughters from marrying:

*Steve cannot give up control of his daughters.

*Steve cannot allow non-Maxwell grandchildren to be born into his cult.

*Teri cannot handle the stress of planning a wedding.

*Steve does not want to pay for one wedding, let alone three. 

*Steve and Teri do not want to rob their sons of free childcare/ household help.

*Steve and Teri cannot manage their own household without their daughters; nor do they want to face old age without those built in caretakers.  

Their actions toward their daughters are despicable. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 8

I noted the disappearing post as well.  I wonder what it meant.  The post seemed to hint at something like the presence of God during the storm, which made me wonder if there was some pain or difficulty in the Maxwell camp.  I remember thinking "what's up?". The disappearance of such a post is definitely interesting.  We'll never know since the Maxwells have vague posting down to a science.

And re: Steve and the girls.  I think there are LOTS of reasons they will never marry.  As most have said, chief among them is the Steve's control issues and the fact that no young man will EVER be him, which automatically makes every young man completely inappropriate for his daughters.  There's no doubt that his daughters have been raised to believe this as well.

For a family so worried about placing idols before God they seem to have a lot of man-made (and I use the sex specific term deliberately) idols.  For a man so worried about the mortal souls of others I get the sense he'll have some serious reckoning to do with his God.

Edited by daisyjane1234
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

I've seen posts disappear then reappear before.  And some posts have been permanently deleted, e.g. Smug Joe and Elizabeth Munck's busted engagement.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

All lost is found. The post is back up now. They have a new server so the “lengthy” /s quote was reposted.

• Upvote 5

Wonder where May's "Mom's Corner"? The schedule isn't helping Teri!

Edited by albanuadh_1
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

On 5/24/2019 at 11:47 PM, mango_fandango said:

Jesse getting married would be the ultimate seal of the Maxgirls’ fates. 

I've long thought this as well. For whatever reason, if Jesse marries without any of the girls even entering a courtship, that's it. I don't think it'll ever happen. 

I also think the next year or two is a make or break time for them. I don't know why. Maybe because Mary and Anna are prime courting ages in their culture? If it doesn't happen by the end of 2020, Steve just ain't letting it happen. 

I also maintain that Steve is not consciously blocking his daughters from marrying. He just has insane demands and doesn't let them meet new people, and is too stubborn to ever admit--God forbid--that he might have made a mistake and needs to make some adjustments. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

The girls could have had pre courtship stages and it never went anywhere so it was never mentioned. It wouldn’t surprise me. I could see Steve allowing a guy who is interested to talk to his daughters, then making his daughters think the guy isn’t good enough. This way it allows him to be the good guy. He can say “see I let guys that are interested talk to my daughters. None of my daughters felt they were godly enough.”

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I think there are many reasons Teri and Steve are deliberately preventing their daughters from marrying:

*Steve cannot give up control of his daughters.

*Steve cannot allow non-Maxwell grandchildren to be born into his cult.

*Teri cannot handle the stress of planning a wedding.

*Steve does not want to pay for one wedding, let alone three. 

*Steve and Teri do not want to rob their sons of free childcare/ household help.

*Steve and Teri cannot manage their own household without their daughters; nor do they want to face old age without those built in caretakers.  

Their actions toward their daughters are despicable. 

Yes. Yep. Indeedily do. 

Also sex. I don't think Steve can stand the thought of anyone, you know, with one of his precious pure virginal daughters. I would also guess the girls don't have what some would call a healthy relationship with the idea. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I wonder if the Maxwell daughters know the Batses?  I have no reason to believe they do (since the Beast is not in residence at Maxhell) but since they are semi-chummy with the Duggars, maybe they do. But even if they don’t know that the Batses are successfully marrying off their daughters at a rapid pace, at least they know that the several of the Duggar daughters have married. How do they reconcile that with their own lack of relationship opportunities?  Obviously, good, fundie men do exist.  Don’t they wonder why God hasn’t sent any their way?

Edited by HoneyBunny
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

I wonder if the Maxwell daughters know the Batses?  I have no reason to believe they do (since the Beast is not in residence at Maxhell) but since they are semi-chummy with the Duggars, maybe they do. But even if they don’t know that the Batses are successfully marrying off their daughters at a rapid pace, at least they know that the several of the Duggar daughters have married. How do they reconcile that with their own lack of relationship opportunities?  Obviously, good, fundie men do exist.  Don’t they wonder why God hasn’t sent any their way?

I remember at the Bontrager-Maxwell wedding reception Goofy Anna and Scary Mary played games with the nieces at and it didn't appear they mingled with any adults unless it was family although they could have and Poor Sarah didn't put it on the blog.  And there were some Duggars there especially JD who was still single.    

Memorial Day post up.  No specific mention of abortion but Sarah grieves for the state of our nation which could be about abortion as that's all those fuckwads care about and not about how our asshole in chief is the one ruining this nation.  Ok off the soapbox.

• Upvote 11

20 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

I remember at the Bontrager-Maxwell wedding reception Goofy Anna and Scary Mary played games with the nieces at and it didn't appear they mingled with any adults unless it was family although they could have and Poor Sarah didn't put it on the blog.  And there were some Duggars there especially JD who was still single.    

Maybe the brainwashing is so strong that they don't feel comfortable talking to their peers, let alone MEN. I don't think they're emotionally capable of going through a courtship.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Maybe the brainwashing is so strong that they don't feel comfortable talking to their peers, let alone MEN. I don't think they're emotionally capable of going through a courtship.

That's what I suspect as well. Obviously we're seeing very curated snippets of their lives, but Anna and Mary strike me as much more childlike than other fundie women in their age bracket or even life stage. I've said numerous times that many fundie girls sort of get frozen at 15 mentally until they start courting, but even then, the Bates girls (particularly Josie and Tori, but Carlin to an extent as well), most of the Duggar girls, and the Bontrager girls seem to be much more poised and mature than Anna or Mary even if their beliefs and living conditions are similar. Maybe that's just social media magic, but just how they hold themselves and interact with others is so much less childlike than Anna or Mary. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

Anna and Mary are in their 20s. They sleep on bunk beds with their names on in cartoon writing. That says it all.

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

On 5/24/2019 at 7:29 AM, Lgirlrocks said:

Today’s post is brought to you by Steve. It’s short, and tells you nothing you don’t already know.

These two sentences are redundant :my_tongue:

(not a comment on @Lgirlrocks, but on Steve, just to be clear)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

A massive tornado swept through the south side of Lawrence this evening. Anyone know which part of town the Maxwells live in? I wouldn't wish that kind of destruction on anyone.

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, Sister Mozz said:

A massive tornado swept through the south side of Lawrence this evening. Anyone know which part of town the Maxwells live in? I wouldn't wish that kind of destruction on anyone.

They’re in the south-ish part of Leavenworth. I think Lawrence is about 30 miles to the southwest of them. 

I could look it up on a map, but I want to check on the news report. Thank you for mentioning it!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

Just now, MamaJunebug said:

They’re in the south-ish part of Leavenworth. I think Lawrence is about 30 miles to the southwest of them. 

I could look it up on a map, but I want to check on the news report. Thank you for mentioning it!

Thanks! Why do I always think they are in Lawrence? It looks like that area was affected by the storm, though hopefully not as bad as their other-L-city neighbors.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Sister Mozz said:

Thanks! Why do I always think they are in Lawrence? It looks like that area was affected by the storm, though hopefully not as bad as their other-L-city neighbors.

Happy to help. Turns out the entire county around Leavenworth and other parts of that area are under a tornado watch til 10 tonight. 

For the uninitiated, a “watch” means it’s quite likely a tornado could form. A “warning” is issued after a tornado has been seen / detected. 

This includes a handy map.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kansascity.com/weather/article230906368.html

Tornados SUCK! — *and* they blow. Nasty phenomena.  My friends in the Kansas City area were taking shelter around 7:30 tonight. So far, so good. May all be spared. (Might as well ask for a lot, right? Heh.)

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic