IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 14: Another Grand-Duggar on the Way (Miscarriage Content Warning)

Georgiana

Sorry to sidetrack, @SorenaJ, but can I ask why? I went to college, but I’ve never taken a Physics class, so I’ve never heard this. 

Edited by CharlieInCharge
Add tag
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Handwriting is important. Not everything is on the computer. In physics at least, all our notes are handwritten, so if you can't read your own notes, you're in trouble. 

Good luck going to a physics lecture and taking notes on your laptop. Ain't gonna happen. 

Chemistry too.

• Thank You 1

2 hours ago, CharlieInCharge said:

Sorry to sidetrack, @SorenaJ, but can I ask why? I went to college, but I’ve never taken a Physics class, so I’ve never heard this. 

IME, you cneed to draw a lot OP pictures sn can't use most of the symbols quickly enough. (physics and chemistry are math. Sometimes biology is too. I'd never elec. note take in anatomy class)

I can't type this 

Quadratic_Formula.png.e8f596a823d0f087d449508c02e787eb.png

(Quadratic equation,  need for calcu. Onward) or:

tumblr_o3vn8klqXv1snw5ruo1_1280.thumb.jpg.f748f351a6afd3c887fad12225192336.jpg

Although as long as you can read your own writing, you're ok. (Says someone who failed penmanship until they quit grading it)

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 5

Thank you! Also, I don’t know why, but the phrase ‘Quantum is Sick’ really resonates with me. ?

• Haha 1

I share the FJ common opinion about Lauren. She looks not natural at all. Like everything is staged or calculated. Definitely never looks relaxed.

I respect and understand their grief about the miscarriage, but I feel a bit uncomfortable because it looks like they're using both unborn babies (the miscarried one and the one on board) to push their agenda. I feel a bit guilty saying that, because everybody have different ways to overcome their loses and there's nothing wrong with it. So I contradict myself, I know.

I'm afraid that Josiah and Lauren desperately want to show a perfect fundie image. For some reason, they need it more than other siblings. And this may lead them to have lots of children and raise them as little-robots, same as Michelle and JB did. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 3

Was I the only person who thought it was really weird and sad that Josiah put “don’t set your expectations too high” on his note ?. I don’t know, that felt just weird and “patriarch-y” to me.

And also a little strange (kiddingnotkidding) that apparently Lauren’s education didn’t prepare her to at least recognize GPS coordinates? I also wonder though how much these girls kind of “play dumb” to make their men feel smart and authoritative when they get to explain every little thing to them...

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

I share the FJ common opinion about Lauren. She looks not natural at all. Like everything is staged or calculated. Definitely never looks relaxed.

I respect and understand their grief about the miscarriage, but I feel a bit uncomfortable because it looks like they're using both unborn babies (the miscarried one and the one on board) to push their agenda. I feel a bit guilty saying that, because everybody have different ways to overcome their loses and there's nothing wrong with it. So I contradict myself, I know.

I'm afraid that Josiah and Lauren desperately want to show a perfect fundie image. For some reason, they need it more than other siblings. And this may lead them to have lots of children and raise them as little-robots, same as Michelle and JB did. 

I think what a lot of people are noticing could just be that she’s simply not comfortable on camera or with the level of public attention they’re getting at this point. She went from a somewhat sheltered Fundie teenager to being on a nationally broadcast reality show almost overnight with no real chance to prepare or adjust to it first. I’d honestly have trouble adjusting too because I’m just not the type of person comfortable with being the center of attention. She might get more comfortable with some time.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 9

19 hours ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

The handwriting is awful, I hand better handwriting when I was in year 2 (age6/7). Michelle needs to focus on teaching her kids to write properly when she homeschools them. 

62315985_10214677462073952_258314185178349568_n.jpg

That handwriting is far better than mine and I wasn’t educated at the SOTDRT.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, Kayleigh83 said:

Was I the only person who thought it was really weird and sad that Josiah put “don’t set your expectations too high” on his note ?. I don’t know, that felt just weird and “patriarch-y” to me.

I think that his statement, along with the coordinates, is a hint/joke about where they will be going, and his comment is about the altitude of the destination. Josiah appears to be kind of witty like that.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

I noticed that Josiah spelled "definitely" as "definately." I'm not sure if this is from his SOTDRT education or if he's just bad at spelling?

Also, it was unfortunate to see Lauren not know that the "calculations" (as she called them) were actually the latitude and longitude coordinates of their destination. 

Both these instances make me genuinely concerned for their kids when they homeschool them.

• Upvote 4

I can’t spell the word necessary without looking it up every single time. I went to very good schools. Some people suck at spelling naturally.  

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

I noticed that Josiah spelled "definitely" as "definately." I'm not sure if this is from his SOTDRT education or if he's just bad at spelling?

Also, it was unfortunate to see Lauren not know that the "calculations" (as she called them) were actually the latitude and longitude coordinates of their destination. 

Both these instances make me genuinely concerned for their kids when they homeschool them.

Honestly if I took things like his said here seriously it would make me hate myself.

That happens to be a word I spell wrong every. Single. Time.  In the same way.  But if I wrote it you wouldn’t know because my handwriting is so atrocious it makes his look like the Palmer method.

And long and lat coordinates would mean fuck all to me and I have managed a fair bit of professional success and raised three kids despite my apparent Duggar levels of ignorance.

• Upvote 33
  • I Agree 4

10 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

Chemistry too.

My daughter just took 2 semesters of Chem at a Big 10 Uni and she took notes on her laptop. She has a Macbook Air and used it in all of her classes but her French Cinema class. As the Prof posted notes on line. 

As for Michelle being at the births, I'm sure she will want to be at Anna's and Joy's, she's been at all of Anna's I think, as we don't know about Meredith and Mason. I remember her being very supportive and help during Joy's labor, I recall Joy desperately asking someone to help her breath with her hand out and Michelle grabbed it and rubbed her head and talked her through the contraction, and I thought that was probably the most maternal thing Michelle had ever done for Joy, and that made me very sad. 

• Upvote 12

I am about to go into 3rd year at University and I sometimes spell simple words wrong, my handwriting can range from really messy to perfectly neat as well. I needed extra help with my handwriting at primary school, so I am not going to snark on him for his writing or spelling mistake because I had issues with both but had teacher's that helped with it. 

Regarding Lauren I think she is just shy and adjusting to being filmed and in the spotlight and she hasn't had an easy start to her marriage so far. 

• Upvote 12

18 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

As for Michelle being at the births, I'm sure she will want to be at Anna's and Joy's, she's been at all of Anna's I think, as we don't know about Meredith and Mason. 

I went to a talk they gave a few days after Mason was born, and Michelle said she  took care of Mason the night he was born so that (Josh and) Anna could rest. That implies she was also at the birth, though she could have arrived afterwards.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

My daughter just took 2 semesters of Chem at a Big 10 Uni and she took notes on her laptop. She has a Macbook Air and used it in all of her classes but her French Cinema class. As the Prof posted notes on line. 

Was this necessary?

• Move Along 2
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 7
  • Confused 3

17 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Regarding Lauren I think she is just shy and adjusting to being filmed and in the spotlight and she hasn't had an easy start to her marriage so far. 

Absolutely, it broke my heart in the interview when she talked about everyone else around her having babies. I was told I couldn't get pregnant, I now have one kiddo and another on the way. But it still hurts when people talk about How all they have to do is make eye contact and be pregnant. I am not a SiRen fan in fact they are some of my least favorite but I do have a lot of compassion for how sad she was.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

31 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Was this necessary?

What this?  

Get your nose out of its twist, it was meant as nothing more than it was the quickest way to point out she went to a big school and saying U of Iowa would mean very little to most people not from the Midwest or sports fans. 

• Upvote 19

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I challenge you to do this on a laptop

B3753E45-CB76-47EC-AE48-6342517F28FE.jpeg

B878DE9E-567A-4D05-BD43-2F1D8042D32A.jpeg

Edited by Knight of Ni
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Knight of Ni said:

I lot of my sciency friends used tablets while at uni, probably so they could hand write their notes but still store them electronically.

Edited by oldfashionedgal
Do you ever have moments when you know you’ve spelt something correctly but it just looks wrong?
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

I had a few friends in my graduate physics program who would take notes on tablets.  That way, they could switch between writing equations with a stylus and typing out conceptual topics.  Most of my classmates used the standard notebook and pen(cil), though.

• Upvote 6

I went to college before laptops and tablets. Tablets these days are fantastic. You can use a stylus to handwrite formulas, diagrams, all that stuff. You can do the same with touch screen laptops. My #1 daughter used a touchscreen for school. #2 son will have to procure the same when he starts classes. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

All I meant was she used her laptop in Chem class. Someone up thread said you can't use them, I was merely pointing out she said she did. I'm sure she wrote notes as well, as I saw her studying for Chem and going between her laptop and her note book and note cards, that she kept to help her study.  While I finished my B.S. 10 years ago I didn't need to take any science as I'd already completed those gen eds when I went to college the first time in the early 90's when I was fresh out of high school.  Laptops were just being produced and they weren't mass produced for regular folks, so we all hand wrote everything.  and to the post somewhere here, my hand writing is atrocious, so that always sucked trying to figure out what the hell I wrote.  

• Upvote 5

My handwriting is bad too but if I had to write a note that’s part of a romantic picnic I sure as hell can write proper enough to make it look good and readable. Just takes a bit more time and effort than my shopping list.

I find it very interesting that in a time when almost everything gets typed, penmanship is more and more (a) a popular craft (brush lettering/calligraphy/pretty and neat handwriting in journals and diaries is very trendy right now) and (b) is used my the upper class to distance themselves from the rest. 

• Upvote 9

21 hours ago, Bobology said:

I think that his statement, along with the coordinates, is a hint/joke about where they will be going, and his comment is about the altitude of the destination. Josiah appears to be kind of witty like that.

True, I hadn’t thought of it that way! That is hopefully what it was because that sounds so much nicer haha. It just made me think of all the talk about being “undeserving”, “expectations are bad for relationship” etc that verge into kind of problematic territory with this family. 

And I definitely wouldn’t know where anyone was referring to based on seeing GPS coordinates, I’m not that good lol - but I would recognise what they were in general. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Curious unlocked and locked this topic