IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 14: Another Grand-Duggar on the Way (Miscarriage Content Warning)

Georgiana

I'm not yet even in the third trimester of my first pregnancy so it may still turn horrible, but so far- I've had it really easy in the pregnancy department. No sickness, some tiredness but not overwhelming, still able to exercise and to feel pretty much normal. However, as much as I know that I got lucky, there is a drawback. I felt so good during my first trimester that it turned to gastronomy central. I've never tasted food as good as anything I ate in those first months. Which of course led to weight gain. Oh, well.. It was kind of worth it. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

https://www.amazon.com/baby-reg/lauren-duggar-november-2019-springdale/6ZFHD97J0Q2H

This looks like it could be Lauren and Josiah's registry. Arrival date says Nov 17. Not verified of course, but has the same styling as they do, and a rainbow baby milestones sheet (like 1 month, 2 months, etc). Based on clothing it seems that they may not find out the sex before birth. At least at this point. Or are preparing for the future. I actually really like this registry and its colors/themes, not knowing anything about babies or registries. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 5

I was lucky to have really easy pregnancies myself. I actually really enjoyed pregnancy and when we decided to stop after two kids is was hard for me because pregnancy wasn't hard. Even labor wasn't horrid, albeit long with my 1st (scheduled cesearean with my second). 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, lizzybee said:

Why do people want to make fun of someone else's weight? There's not enough actual uncool things to snark on other than someone's struggles with their body that exist outside of the realm of their harmful beliefs? Kind of difficult to believe we're on a better level than the folks we're discussing here if we're willing to stoop to such cheap and hurtful shots that can be just as painful for the people reading here as you intended it to be for the target. I'm sure it's wonderful living with zero flaws and I'd also like to be in that position. Unfortunately, I am not. Hopefully, if I ever regress to the level of snark-worthy behavior in fundamentalism, you'll care more about my actions and beliefs than whether I'd ought to be hopping on the stair master on the reg. 

That's a good point. Its not as if we're not short on things to discuss when it comes to the Duggars. There are so many things to chose from. Their harmful beliefs, hypocritical statements or things they do, trying to take away rights from others, thinking molestation is no big deal, Gothard, and etc.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

17 minutes ago, melon said:

I have been losing weight since November.I told Mr Melon I had lost 30 lbs,when I had lost 30lbs....I don't know if it would be considered fat-shaming,but he said "You still need to lose more".I

That's horrible, I'm so sorry @melon.  If my husband said that to me I'd be considering divorce.  His job is to support and encourage you, or at the very least to keep his mouth shut if he can't say anything nice. 

40lbs is a major accomplishment, you are amazing and I take my hat off to you! 

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

@melon that's absolutely amazing - congratulations! Losing weight is so difficult, and you must have a lot of dedication and inner strength to lose 40 lbs! You must feel great. Good luck on your journey - I'm rooting for you! 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 6

I’m all for not talking about what people look like but when it comes to the Duggars and the Bates I find it so interesting to see how the kids look compared to eachother. It’s not often you find such large groups of siblings with the same two parents and I think it is really cool to see all the differences and similarities. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 6

@melon you go girl! If I lost 40 pounds, I would be over the moon! You're inspiring and should be so, so proud! 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, melon said:

No,it isn't.

I have been losing weight since November.I told Mr Melon I had lost 30 lbs,when I had lost 30lbs....I don't know if it would be considered fat-shaming,but he said "You still need to lose more".It absolutely irked me but I just said,"I know'...I do have mirrors,after all.

Now,I have lost 40lbs.I asked Mr Melon if he could tell.He says," Of course,I can tell".I said "Well,don't try to burst my bubble,I know I still need to lose more,but I'm down 40lbs".I received a nod.

Losing 30 pounds was incredible! Losing 40 pounds is amazing! Congratulations! That's amazing! That's awesome! Good job! 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

On 5/22/2019 at 8:08 PM, SassyPants said:

Lauren does have Michelle and Anna’s adoring stare and breathy voice downpat.

I believe that certain people on IBLP idolize a certain person and begin to mimic their behavior, personality, style, and traits.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, lizzybee said:

@melon You did a damn good job, too! Congratulations, don't let others bring you down. That's a lot of work you've put in there. Here's this for being proud of yourself. You've lost the equivalent of a canoe off your body. 

image.png.5e8f920170ec3d928f5a25a040bbca73.png

Ok, so that means that I gained a canoe in the last 7 years. Oh ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 36
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

I salute you, @melon! I’ve been on a weight loss journey of my own and what you’ve accomplished is majorly impressive. Many kudos on the loss of your canoe! 

Edited by CharlieInCharge
Edited to add I’d be happy to lose a paddle or two
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 6

On 5/23/2019 at 1:33 PM, VelociRapture said:

feel kind of sad that I haven’t really had the opportunity to enjoy pregnancy the way so many other women do.

I feel you. I recently found out I’m expecting a baby this upcoming winter. It has been a few years since my miscarriage and I’ve had two healthy pregnancies since but each subsequent pregnancy I had to go on progesterone supplements because I do not produce high levels of progesterone. I just found out I’m expecting but I go from being extremely excited to immediately reminding myself that I could very well lose this pregnancy at any moment. It’s a terrible feeling. I think so many mothers feel this way after experiencing a miscarriage, it leaves you with scars as you constantly are reminded of what could happen.

Personally I’ve never used the phrase rainbow baby but I love that others do.  It’s sweet. 

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 35

3 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

I feel you. I recently found out I’m expecting a baby this upcoming winter. It has been a few years since my miscarriage and I’ve had two healthy pregnancies since but each subsequent pregnancy I had to go on progesterone supplements because I do not produce high levels of progesterone. I just found out I’m expecting but I go from being extremely excited to immediately reminding myself that I could very well lose this pregnancy at any moment. It’s a terrible feeling. I think so many mothers feel this way after experiencing a miscarriage, it leaves you with scars as you constantly are reminded of what could happen.

Personally I’ve never used the phrase rainbow baby but I love that others do.  It’s sweet. 

Aw, I’m sorry this has been tough for you. If it’s ok, I’d like to offer my congratulations though. I hope everything continues to go well for you, you’re able to eventually enjoy your pregnancy fully, and that you safely deliver a healthy little human this winter! :) 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

On 5/25/2019 at 1:32 PM, Seculardaisy said:

Just wanted to say congrats, good luck and sent positive vibes your way. I had to use progesterone during my pregnancies as well. I lost 2 babies and had 2 successful pregnancies. I know exactly what you are feeling. I loved being pregnant but hated the first trimester with both of my successful pregnancies because I was worried all the time. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

@melon - My spouse isn’t good at pepping me up (I think it’s because he’s actually jealous).  This reaffirms that you’re doing this for YOU and no one else.  Congratulations on that achievement!  That’s a majorly hard thing to do, and you’ve done a great job!  Think how many Duggar newborns you’ve lost!

Edited by OhNoNike
  • Haha 3
  • Love 7

Thanks to everyone for all of the support!It is for me and my health.

OhNoNike,I think he gets jealous,too.He is not the best at compliments,either.

But,to be honest,sometimes if he pisses me off,I will flatly tell him off.That time I said nothing,I figured no response may be better.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 16

....that is... Rather high odds that one of the kiddos will share a birthday with me. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Thorns said:

....that is... Rather high odds that one of the kiddos will share a birthday with me. 

me too

It's really interesting to see the stages with everyone due in Nov. Kendra isn't really showing at all (on #2) where Lauren is and is only on #1

• Upvote 4

Anna  looks like she would rather be anywhere else. And she is smelling something  nasty. But her everyday life short of the having her children  is a pile o poo guess. My B day in middle of November so odds are I will get a grandduggar birthday buddy. Woot.  Wonder if one will get bragging rights that God blessed  them with a Thanksgiving baby. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 3

Odds are decent a couple of those babies will be born on the same day as each other.   In any case that's going to be a busy month for Jana... babysitting all of the big sibs during labor ;-).  Maybe Hannie and Jenny get farmed off to do live-in auntie duty for a while as well now.

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Curious unlocked and locked this topic