IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 14: Another Grand-Duggar on the Way (Miscarriage Content Warning)

Georgiana

4 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

I don't think it's that big of a deal in this instance. The only Duggar daughter who is due in November is Joy, and frankly it doesn't strike me as if she's particularly close to Michelle in the first place. The others will want their own mothers there.

Anna confirmed on IG that all four of them (Kendra, Joy, Lauren, Anna... in that order) are due in November.

Edit: sorry, I see what you meant. Joy is the only actual Duggar daughter pregnant right now.

Edited by mysweetetc
I misread!

1 minute ago, mysweetetc said:

Anna confirmed on IG that all four of them (Kendra, Joy, Lauren, Anna... in that order) are due in November.

I think she meant that Joy is the only biological daughter out of the four. The others might want their own mothers present for the births, if they even want anyone other than their husbands there at all. As for Joy, I’m sure Michelle will be there to appear like a good mother. I’m also sure Jill would be a better support for Joy* as she is the one who actually raised her and knows her.

*So long as she’s only there to offer emotional support and not actually try to deliver Forsyth the Second.

• Upvote 12

I'm sure Michelle will want to be there for all the births (except possibly Anna's) for the screen time. She may also enjoy them due to her love of pregnancy/new babies/announcing to the world that this is our Xth grandchild. For the most part her desire to be present for such events does not seem to be due to loving her daughters/daughters in law.

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, BachelorToTheRapture said:

I'm sure Michelle will want to be there for all the births (except possibly Anna's) for the screen time. She may also enjoy them due to her love of pregnancy/new babies/announcing to the world that this is our Xth grandchild. For the most part her desire to be present for such events does not seem to be due to loving her daughters/daughters in law.

Havent both Michelle and Jana been there for all of Anna's births to date? Her mom hasnt travelled to be with her for any of them, even Mackenzyie. I agree with the intent (oh look at me, grandbaby #123) but i still thought they were present. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Most of the Daughters and DILs have claimed they look up to and admire or love  Michelle so I can see them wanting her there. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Have the Duggar parents acknowledged or been photographed with Ivy?

They’ve posted about her on Facebook. I don’t think we’ve seen photos yet.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

20 hours ago, HurricaneBells said:

Havent both Michelle and Jana been there for all...births

Seems to me that Jana is at most of the births. Makes sense wanting their sister-mom there. 

• Upvote 1

I remember when they were building TTH Josiah requested a fort or cave so he could hide in it and be alone.  This was the 16 Kids and Moving in.  Poor little guy.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 4

^^ While I don't remember Josiah saying that ( I do kind of remember someone saying something like that,) your post made me think... the only, ONLY places those kids were ever allowed to be alone were in the bathroom (modesty and all, don't know if even the boys 'saw' each other) and the prayer closet. All religion and asinine rules aside, I can't imagine growing up and not being allowed to be alone to read, to color, to draw, to think... anything. Being around other people all the time, even the ones I love, would sap me of any sanity I have left. And now I'm wondering if they were/are ever timed in the bathroom by someone and any amount of time over X minutes got reported. 

If the Duggars are willing to show us some of their weird stuff, how much weirder and stifling must the stuff be they don't let us see? I really do hope I live long enough to read the inevitable Tell-All.

'

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 12

They may have been timed in the bathroom because (omg) self abuse.  I really can see Jim Bob being that controlling.  I seem to remember one of the boys being caught but I could be wrong.

• Upvote 4

As someone with stomach problems, I would go crazy if I was allowed to only be in the bathroom for a certain amount of time. It wouldn’t be pleasant for anyone involved ?

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7

Josiah asked for a place to hide in the new house, so no one could find him, but he was smiling when he said it. (Went to watch it because I remembered that as well.) 

Edited by CharlieInCharge
Wrong clip referenced
  • Thank You 7

I think I remember the boys banging on the bathroom door because the girls were taking too long in there. That was before the TTH.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

On the subject of Michelle being there during the births of her grandchildren, I’m sure she’ll be there for Joy’s and Anna’s. I watched Kendra’s last birth on the show and I honestly don’t remember Michelle being there. I only remember seeing Joe, Kendra’s Mom and Kendra’s sister, I think? 

• Upvote 5

Josiah took Lauren on a "Date Day" featuring a picnic.  On their insta story she posted a pic of the lunch with the caption "He made us lunch all by himself." I can't imagine saying that sentence about my husband, and not, you know, a 10-year-old.  ?

• Upvote 25
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 10

The handwriting is awful, I hand better handwriting when I was in year 2 (age6/7). Michelle needs to focus on teaching her kids to write properly when she homeschools them. 

62315985_10214677462073952_258314185178349568_n.jpg

• Upvote 7
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 1

34 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

Josiah took Lauren on a "Date Day" featuring a picnic.  On their insta story she posted a pic of the lunch with the caption "He made us lunch all by himself." I can't imagine saying that sentence about my husband, and not, you know, a 10-year-old.  ?

Wasn’t Josiah the one that “cooked” for Lauren? Served questionable leftovers from the fridge if I recall correctly. So that may be an impressive accomplishment, lol. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 2

29 minutes ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

The handwriting is awful, I hand better handwriting when I was in year 2 (age6/7). Michelle needs to focus on teaching her kids to write properly when she homeschools them. 

my children have HORRID handwriting. I mean HORRID. Strangely enough, despite the horrid handwriting, they're all pretty damn successful. Shit handwriting doesn't mean shit 

• Upvote 30
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 1

The Duggars seem to like going to the site of their old house a lot— isn’t this the same place Joe asked Kendra to court? Interesting that they are nostalgic for that time in their lives— frumpers, pre-TTH, not enough space or bathrooms for all the kids.

• Upvote 13

50 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

my children have HORRID handwriting. I mean HORRID. Strangely enough, despite the horrid handwriting, they're all pretty damn successful. Shit handwriting doesn't mean shit 

IKR, we spent a lot of time on penmanship in school,  my record keeping ledgers and Synoptics were works of art in my young adulthood.  But nowadays it’s all computer generated so penmanship is kind of redundant, but I’m still glad I’ve got it.  My kid’s writing looks like chicken scratches.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

The Duggars seem to like going to the site of their old house a lot— isn’t this the same place Joe asked Kendra to court? Interesting that they are nostalgic for that time in their lives— frumpers, pre-TTH, not enough space or bathrooms for all the kids.

I think it's quite normal. I like going back to where I grew up sometimes, especially when I am going through emotional times or milestones in my life to reflect on where I came from. It's nice just to reflect sometimes. Joe asking to court Kendra at the site of his place of birth was touching. I think a lot of the older Duggar kids especially still feel attachments to that place.

• Upvote 4

@jillsdopplerofdoom Yeah I mean, I don't think it's necessarily abnormal-- just kind of interesting to me given that life pre-TTH and 19KAC seems like it was rougher for them (Michelle's laundry room breakdown, Jill talking about hiding in the bathroom to eat, the Josh issues). But given the birth order and their gender, Josiah and Joe I guess wouldn't have really remembered or associated much hardship from that time period. My family moved a lot as a child and I like to take a look at the houses if I happen to be driving past one of them, but I didn't go through the stuff the Duggars did.

• Upvote 9

Handwriting is important. Not everything is on the computer. In physics at least, all our notes are handwritten, so if you can't read your own notes, you're in trouble. 

Good luck going to a physics lecture and taking notes on your laptop. Ain't gonna happen. 

• Upvote 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Curious unlocked and locked this topic