IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers 4: Dumbass Love for the Romantic Lost Cause

HerNameIsBuffy

On 11/29/2019 at 12:17 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It looks like the Bons went to Chelsy’s for thanksgiving this year. 

45D5A37E-5E1A-4EDE-8204-5D83F9CAB502.png

I'm inordinately impressed that John and Chelsy have actual glassware and table linen. You see so many fundie gatherings dominated by disposable cups and plates. 

• Upvote 8

7 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

I'm inordinately impressed that John and Chelsy have actual glassware and table linen. You see so many fundie gatherings dominated by disposable cups and plates. 

I bet all fundies start like that. But when 6th blessing arrives, disposable plates arrive, too.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I'm surprised there hasn't been an announcement about Smug Josh and Case's baby yet on the family blog.  Unless they are waiting to make a big baby announcement with Carson/Lina, Mitchell/Brynn, and/or Judgy Chelsy/Stud John.

Maybe they're waiting so they can announce a Christmas engagement...

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I bet all fundies start like that. But when 6th blessing arrives, disposable plates arrive, too.

Lina has some really cute plates and bowls that she uses when family comes over. I agree that they all start out like this. I really hope the Bontrager second generation can have smaller families. I think Josh and Cass May end up with the biggest family. I can easily see them having 10 total like the Bons.

• Upvote 6

28 minutes ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

Alison announced on Instagram that she’s taking a break from social media. Wondering if she’s met someone.

I think she’s been seeing someone this year. I’m betting on an engagement announcement in a few months. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

So Josh/Cass are expecting #2 in the spring and then John/Chelsy in June? Any other announcements that I missed?

No, but I bet Lina will announce in the next few months.

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Judgy Chelsy announced her pregnancy on her blog and she's wearing jeans!

Which is somewhat surprising since Sarah took the pictures. 

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, ophelia said:

Which is somewhat surprising since Sarah took the pictures. 

But on The Maxwell blog you cannot see that, they used the same pictures but only Chelsy's top half is showing :) 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 8

The Bontrager family will be kicking off their winter singing tour at the lighthouse baptist church in Springdale, AR. Of course many of you know that’s the church of the Caldwells, Swansons, and Duggars. Maybe Denver will snap up Lauren Caldwell before one of the Duggar boys can.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe Denver will snap up Lauren Caldwell before one of the Duggar boys can.

Same toxicity, better last name, literacy...and food.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Bontrager family will be kicking off their winter singing tour at the lighthouse baptist church in Springdale, AR. Of course many of you know that’s the church of the Caldwells, Swansons, and Duggars. Maybe Denver will snap up Lauren Caldwell before one of the Duggar boys can.

Interesting. The Bontragers seem to have some political aspirations as well. Maybe Jed's after Allison? There's a bit of an age gap, but nothing too crazy...

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

On 12/20/2019 at 4:17 AM, Melissa1977 said:

I don't recall either Maxwells or Bons with paper plates at the table. It's more of a Zsucifer/Bates/Duggar thing, not these more middle class mindset fundie types;

• Upvote 5

34 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I don't recall either Maxwells or Bons with paper plates at the table. It's more of a Zsucifer/Bates/Duggar thing, not these more middle class mindset fundie types;

The Bons have used them before but it’s not a regular thing. I imagine the Bons coming from a Mennonite background means they aren’t going to use a lot of disposable stuff. Amish and mennonites don’t always have garbage pickup service so they burn a lot of trash. I doubt they want to make a ton of trash with paper plates that they then have to burn. So the Bons are probably used to washing a bunch of dishes. I don’t know about the Bowers girls though. 

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Bons have used them before but it’s not a regular thing. I imagine the Bons coming from a Mennonite background means they aren’t going to use a lot of disposable stuff. Amish and mennonites don’t always have garbage pickup service so they burn a lot of trash. I doubt they want to make a ton of trash with paper plates that they then have to burn. So the Bons are probably used to washing a bunch of dishes. I don’t know about the Bowers girls though. 

The Maxwells are just too middle class buy quality types for that as well.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Cass’s book recommendations are terrible and unsurprising:

8E705EB1-E273-414F-AFF1-7A0E3199CE58.jpeg

33021E05-454C-4AC1-9899-226FEC9ED66D.jpeg

Sigh.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

• 2 weeks later...

Joe is on tour with the Bontragers again. I suppose he and Allison could be in a relationship. But it’s hard for me to wrap my head around the age difference. He’s like 5 years younger than her. That wouldn’t matter if they were in their 30s. But it does when you are in your 20s. 

• Upvote 4

On 1/14/2020 at 12:19 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Joe is on tour with the Bontragers again. I suppose he and Allison could be in a relationship. But it’s hard for me to wrap my head around the age difference. He’s like 5 years younger than her. That wouldn’t matter if they were in their 30s. But it does when you are in your 20s. 

Any chance that Joe is sweet on the teenage Bon girl? (is her name Liz?) Is she 17?

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Any chance that Joe is sweet on the teenage Bon girl? (is her name Liz?) Is she 17?

Liz is only 15 so if he is interested, he will pull a Kelton/Austin and have to wait a little bit for her to grow up. I can’t help but think it’s weird when legal adult fundie males are interested in 15 year olds. 

Edited to add: Liz just turned 16.

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Liz is only 15 so if he is interested, he will pull a Kelton/Austin and have to wait a little bit for her to grow up. I can’t help but think it’s weird when legal adult fundie males are interested in 15 year olds. 

Edited to add: Liz just turned 16.

In Iowa, it's legal to marry at 16 with parental approval. Absolutely no other restriction exists. 

*Note: Looking that up, I am appalled and aghast at the lax "marriage laws" in the US. Every single state except Delaware & New jersey allows under-age marriage with certain exceptions-parental consent, pregnancy, birth, judge, etc...

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic