IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers 4: Dumbass Love for the Romantic Lost Cause

HerNameIsBuffy

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

I thought the same thing and I'm pretty sure that they are going to announce Denver's engagement to a meek and quiet little fundie maiden this year. 

Do you think Lauren? Or do you think she would prefer a Duggar so she can always be with her family and sister after marriage.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Back when the Bons stopped at Paul Caldwell’s (and Duggar’s) church, I am pretty sure I said Lauren Caldwell and Denver would make a very good looking couple. 

Map here are the fundie families they visited with: 

Caldwells and Duggars

I thought that looked like a Caldwell! Was there a Duggar in the picture I just didn't recognize? I was looking trying to confirm the Caldwell thing, but of course just knowing they were visiting with the Caldwell's tells me they probably visited with the Duggars as well. 

19 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Anyone see the Brontrager blog and their Tennessee buddy Michael Pearl? They guys enjoyed getting a picture with him, yo!

While not surprised, this is a pretty big crack in their happy life image. Again, no surprise, they just seemed to protect these ugly associations a little more than "some".

They were grinning ear to ear too. So gross, to be proud of getting a picture with that monster. I think of this association often in the Maxwell threads when there's discussion about Chelsy... I think sometimes we tend to see her as someone better and more "liberal" than the Maxwell's, which she might be in a few ways, but she's the same type of fundie that the rest of them are even if she does like brighter colors and good food, and I've never understood why people think that Steve doesn't approve of her-- she's and her family are cut from the same ugly cloth, they just have better fashion sense and nice smiles. 

• Upvote 10

On 3/1/2020 at 11:47 AM, ophelia said:

I'm afraid her only option is to get married. 

Too bad for Allison, marriage doesn't interest her in the slightest!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

• 2 weeks later...

The Bons stopped to visit Chelsy on their way home. One of their singing events was cancelled but I think most of the others were still on. They are supposed to go to Belize next week. They should cancel. But the Bons are pretty stubborn when it comes to their “ministry.”

4765D511-FBBC-493D-9F6B-230A22067549.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Oh for goodness sakes. The entire country is in a state of emergency and asked to do social distancing and not travel out of country except in an emergency but the Bontragers can go on with life as usual because their special god will make sure they don’t get sick. Sure. My research indicates that the virus hasn’t hit Belize yet but it’s only a matter of time. https://www.belizeim.com/belize-travel-and-coronavirus-covid-19-what-should-belize-resorts-and-hotels-do/

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

I thought that yesterday. Go home & stay home. Even if they're not sick right now, they could be carrying the virus and spreading it at each stop. They could very easily take that virus into Bolivia and be the cause of the first case(s). Do they care? Obviously not. 

Spreading COVID-19 for Jesus. 

Such disturbing people. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 10

This is total BEC but why is it still Xmas at Chels and John's house? : )

Also, according to the Bons tour page, they are going to Bolivia (in South America) not Belize (in Central America). They visited Amish or Mennonite colonies in Belize last year, and they drove there.

If they are still flying to Bolivia (which has over 10 covid-19 cases) , it looks like they are visiting Mennonite colonies as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mennonites_in_Bolivia#Colonies_and_population

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

33 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Also, according to the Bons tour page, they are going to Bolivia (in South America) not Belize (in Central America). They visited Amish or Mennonite colonies in Belize last year, and they drove there.

If they are still flying to Bolivia (which has over 10 covid-19 cases) , it looks like they are visiting Mennonite colonies as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mennonites_in_Bolivia#Colonies_and_population

Thank you. Sorry I was thinking Belize because  they recently mentioned being in Belize last year when Micah was born. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

She posted on her blog that she's leaving them up because she considers them "winter decorations". But...winter is almost over, according to the calendar anyway!

• Upvote 2

I'm fascinated that the Bon's 1st performance in Bolivia is 5 days away & they have yet to announce canceling on their tour website or their Instagram. Just because they currently can fly to Bolivia doesn't mean they should, or that they will be allowed to fly home, or avoid a quarantine order when they return.  Don't be stupid Bontragers, no one wants your transcontinental Jesus germs.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I'm fascinated that the Bon's 1st performance in Bolivia is 5 days away & they have yet to announce canceling on their tour website or their Instagram. Just because they currently can fly to Bolivia doesn't mean they should, or that they will be allowed to fly home, or avoid a quarantine order when they return.  Don't be stupid Bontragers, no one wants your transcontinental Jesus germs.

My sister goes to a small Baptist college that usually organizes several spring break mission trips.  Questionable merits of short-term missions aside, I'm glad they had enough sense to cancel them this year.  The Bontragers should do the same.  To quote my mom, it's not a sin to use the brain God gave you.

Edited by EmmaWoodhouse
extra words
  • Upvote 9

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I love this so much!!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Bolivia just announced that they are closing the border to all non-residents/non-citizens starting on Thursday. I'm so glad these idiots won't be able to travel there and potentially spread the virus! (If they change their flights to sneak into the country before Thursday, I'll flip my shit!)

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 2

On 3/16/2020 at 5:25 PM, therulesofjinx said:

She posted on her blog that she's leaving them up because she considers them "winter decorations". But...winter is almost over, according to the calendar anyway!

War on Christmas rages on.

It is about time to put forth the spring bunnies and to hide the spring eggs.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, JillyO said:

Bolivia just announced that they are closing the border to all non-residents/non-citizens starting on Thursday. I'm so glad these idiots won't be able to travel there and potentially spread the virus! (If they change their flights to sneak into the country before Thursday, I'll flip my shit!)

This is exactly why I’m 100% ok with all the band and rules in place in this country right now. Because there will always be morons who don’t listen to recommendations. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 10

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is exactly why I’m 100% ok with all the band and rules in place in this country right now. Because there will always be morons who don’t listen to recommendations. 

Absolutely! The idiots are the reason there has to be an all or nothing approach. Selfish fools will put everyone at risk if they aren't forced to behave. Just like the hoarders. Use of common sense makes it all much easier to deal with. Selfish, ignorant behavior makes it so mass rules have to be put in place.

I'm all for controlling where people go and when because left to their own devices, Americans are too self centered & willfully ignorant to do the right thing. 

• Upvote 5

55 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Absolutely! The idiots are the reason there has to be an all or nothing approach. Selfish fools will put everyone at risk if they aren't forced to behave. Just like the hoarders. Use of common sense makes it all much easier to deal with. Selfish, ignorant behavior makes it so mass rules have to be put in place.

I'm all for controlling where people go and when because left to their own devices, Americans are too self centered & willfully ignorant to do the right thing. 

I partly agree. I think a lot of Americans would actually do the right thing. But I think there are plenty of others that wouldn’t. Maybe I’m an optimist. But that minority of idiots spoil it for everyone. 

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I partly agree. I think a lot of Americans would actually do the right thing. But I think there are plenty of others that wouldn’t. Maybe I’m an optimist. But that minority of idiots spoil it for everyone. 

You're right. Most would do the right thing. Unfortunately, the self serving minority ruins it for everyone. 

This is why we can't have nice things. Or, our health. 

• Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

You're right. Most would do the right thing. Unfortunately, the self serving minority ruins it for everyone. 

This is why we can't have nice things. Or, our health. 

The same people who ruin it for everyone are the reason we have to have warning labels on hair dryers telling people not to use them in the shower.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

The Bontragers are super health conscious. They exercise regularly and watch their diets. So I wondered if they would risk their health going to Bolivia. I’m glad they don’t have a choice. 

• Upvote 2

Except that, like Steve Max & friends, they quite possibly the sort of people who believe that it's other people (the one's who don't eat and exercise exactly like they do) who get sick.  If those other people did what the Maxes & friends do (aka the right thing), they wouldn't get sick and, because they're not doing the right thing they deserve to get sick. Scamaritan is founded on this principle.

They don't have the awareness to realise that life isn't that simple. They can't wrap their heads around the fact that they are in a privileged position where they have the options that they do, and that there a whole lot of other people who don't have those options who are still working just as hard,trying to make the best of the situations they're in.  Protestant Fundies might rail against salvation through works, but when it comes it they allow no grace for anyone else, ever.

• Upvote 12

Chelsy wrote a blog post about pregnancy and motherhood. And no surprise, it sounds like she’s turned into her mother. Sigh. Axton has been on a schedule since day one and sounds like she will be happy to be constantly pregnant with babies. She weaned Axton after she got pregnant and he now drinks raw cow milk from a farm in Kansas. Hope that farm is clean...

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

I read the her current post as well as Axton's first birthday post as I don't think I read it before. She does come off very much like her mother and extremely strict/not flexible.  In the birthday post she referred to his "training" to keep his hands clean/not touch his food and my heart broke a little. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic