IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers 4: Dumbass Love for the Romantic Lost Cause

HerNameIsBuffy

$$$$ 

I figure that fundy teen girls across the Midwest have been doodling "Mrs. Taylor Bontrager" in their homeschool workbooks for several years. Now their little sisters can copy them and start writing "the future Mrs. Hudson Bontrager". : )

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

$$$$ 

I figure that fundy teen girls across the Midwest have been doodling "Mrs. Taylor Bontrager" in their homeschool workbooks for several years. Now their little sisters can copy them and start writing "the future Mrs. Hudson Bontrager". : )

Denver is the best looking Bon and he’s still single somehow. I doubt it will be for much longer though.

I was just thinking Denver Bontrager looks like he could be in a boy band. Then I started thinking about a fundie boy band. And now I can’t stop laughing. 

“Soldiers 4 Christ” would be their name. The members would be:

Lawson Bates (Lead singer of course)

Denver Bontrager

Joe Xiques 

Nathanael Wissmann

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Denver is the best looking Bon and he’s still single somehow. I doubt it will be for much longer though.

I was just thinking Denver Bontrager looks like he could be in a boy band. Then I started thinking about a fundie boy band. And now I can’t stop laughing. 

“Soldiers 4 Christ” would be their name. The members would be:

Lawson Bates (Lead singer of course)

Denver Bontrager

Joe Xiques 

Nathanael Wissmann

I think Charlie Bowers could join too.

Matching plaid shirts, right?  

Which one will be the brooding one, and which one will be the bad boy?

And I would like then to cover this song, please and thank you: 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I think Charlie Bowers could join too.

Matching plaid shirts, right?  

Which one will be the brooding one, and which one will be the bad boy?

And I would like then to cover this song, please and thank you: 

Lawson will be the one pretending he’s still 19 when we all know he’s in his late 20s. And none of them will want to be the bad boy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

With hit songs like 

"I'm Gonna Talk to Your Daddy"

"Take You to Church (Let's see if our doctrines align)"

"My Dad Really Wanted Me to Talk to You and I Guess God Did Too"

"3 Month Courtship"

and the R&B sultry ballad, "Hand Holdin'" WARNING parents, this one is for engaged listeners only!!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 16
  • Love 10

Audiences will be reassured at the start of every concert that there will be no dancing. Jumping for joy, however, will be be enjoyed by all.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, neurogirl said:

With hit songs like 

"I'm Gonna Talk to Your Daddy"

"Take You to Church (Let's see if our doctrines align)"

"My Dad Really Wanted Me to Talk to You and I Guess God Did Too"

"3 Month Courtship"

and the R&B sultry ballad, "Hand Holdin'" WARNING parents, this one is for engaged listeners only!!

"Filling Out a Questionnaire (for you)"

"I prayed for you"

"Grouptext me, Baby"

"Its Chaperone Time"

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

"Filling Out a Questionnaire (for you)"

"I prayed for you"

"Grouptext me, Baby"

"Its Chaperone Time"

I love your suggestions but might I change “Grouptext me, baby” to “Grouptext me baby one more time?” I have a soft spot for Britney.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I love your suggestions but might I change “Grouptext me, baby” to “Grouptext me baby one more time?” I have a soft spot for Britney.

?oh baby baby how was I supposed to know that something wasn’t right here

oh baby baby I shouldn’t have texted you without our parents on the chat dear

god show me how you want me to repent 

repent

all of my prayer closet time has been spent

spent 

I must confess I still believe that god does in fact still love me

If We don’t get our parents on the chat I’ll loose my mind

group text me baby one more time?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • Love 5

Color me truly shocked that we made it thru Thanksgiving without a Bontrager or Bowers grandbaby announcement on social media.  Total idle speculation bus here: I almost wonder if one of the 4 daughters/daughters in law has had a miscarriage.

[ I do remember that Ma Bontrager had a miscarriage 5-6 years ago and they did announce it on their blog, though]

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Color me truly shocked that we made it thru Thanksgiving without a Bontrager or Bowers grandbaby announcement on social media.  Total idle speculation bus here: I almost wonder if one of the 4 daughters/daughters in law has had a miscarriage.

[ I do remember that Ma Bontrager had a miscarriage 5-6 years ago and they did announce it on their blog, though]

They have been super quiet since the Bible bee. It’s weird.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Thank you Rufus for the finally framed windows and John & Chels!!  But what is the odd gray V above the stove?

In other news, Carver Bowers wants to join the Fundy Boy Singing Group: https://www.instagram.com/carverbowersmusic/

Oh I can answer that question! One of the ABC girls wrote a big letter on the wall when they were painting. It was before the cabinets went in and I guess they assumed they would be tiling the backsplash right away so they left it. I think it’s a big A for Abby. Anyway it’s 2 years later and it’s still there. I think they should just forget the tiling and paint the backsplash. It would be easier, cheaper, and look better in the meantime. 

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Pianokeeper said:

Carver Bowers is a really awkward name. 

Crosby Bowers is the worst in my opinion. That little girl looks nothing like a Crosby. And they likely know it. Because she goes by her middle name. 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Josh and Cassidy have announced they're expecting their second (well, Josh announced it!).  I'm surprised we had to wait this long though.

Edited by Syriana
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Like I said in the other thread, my guess is that she is around 3 months pregnant. Since that is when they announced last time. I’m really glad there will be close to 2 years between Wallace and this new baby. 

I bet Chelsy and Lina will make announcements soon too. 

• Upvote 4

I knew we'd have another Bontrager-on-the-way announcement by the end of the year! I agree that there is a good chance that we'll have another Bontrager baby announcement in the next 2 weeks as well.

• Upvote 3

I'm surprised there hasn't been an announcement about Smug Josh and Case's baby yet on the family blog.  Unless they are waiting to make a big baby announcement with Carson/Lina, Mitchell/Brynn, and/or Judgy Chelsy/Stud John.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

I'm surprised there hasn't been an announcement about Smug Josh and Case's baby yet on the family blog.  Unless they are waiting to make a big baby announcement with Carson/Lina, Mitchell/Brynn, and/or Judgy Chelsy/Stud John.

I think Allison does most of the posting on the family Instagram and blog. She may be busy with Christmas and that’s why she hasn’t posted yet. 

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic