IGNORED

Jinjer 49: Westward Ho!

Coconut Flan

I've seen a picture of my dad as a toddler wearing a dress.  He would be 91 now and that's how toddler boys were dressed in those days.  He also learned how to knit as a child.  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Most of history very small boys and girls were dressed alike in light dresses till about 4 or 5 they started  dressing as smaller adults.  It was practical because of toilet training. Who wants to pull down layers of petticoats and stockings or breeches to change a kid?

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I've seen a picture of my dad as a toddler wearing a dress.  He would be 91 now and that's how toddler boys were dressed in those days.  He also learned how to knit as a child.  

I've got the same of my Dad, but about 10 years later (he'd be 81).  

ETA:  He's also carrying a doll in the photo.  :o  

Edited by Tim-Tom Biblethumper
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2019 at 4:19 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

My nephew took it literally when my sister told him he had to wear clothes that match, now he almost always insists his shirts and shorts/pants are the same color.  He LOVES neon too, he wears neon orange, yellow and green.  I tell him he looks like a highlighter. 

My son hated anything with stripes, collars or buttons. When he was little he would flip his shit if I put a collard or striped shirt, Once a put on a striped collard shirt, I thought he was going to burn the house down, he was only 2 and damn was HE PISSED!  He wasn't talking much at that age, so needless to say we never found out WHY. He's 21 now and still hates stripes and says he has no idea why. :confusion-shrug: :pb_lol:

My youngest son also hated shirts with collars..he'd put a jacket on if I made him wear a shirt with a collar...lol.

He also hated tags on his clothing.He was my third and last child,he did wear hand me downs,and I'd cut the tags out for him.

My father was born in 1931,he'd be 88,now.He wore dresses as a baby,too.My grandmother showed me one of his dresses.My grandparents were intolerant,though.My great grandmother sent a Raggedy Ann and Andy for my father went he was about 9 months old.My grandfather said his son would not play with "girl" dolls.They kept Andy.Raggedy Ann was given away...wtf.

• Upvote 5

When my husband was young he had one of the rocking horses that are on springs and he loved playing with it, pretending that he was a cowboy. My MIL had an old brown purse that resembled a saddlebag and she gave it to him to play cowboy with. Apparently my FIL flipped out and threw the purse away.  MIL and FIL divorced shortly after that, not over that incident specifically but because there were many such incidents. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 4
  • Love 2

Ha, my 3-year-old's sum opinion on clothing is that pants are unnecessary! I don't argue unless someone's coming over or we're going out, just insist on t-shirt and underwear so he's at least covered in case.

Honestly, I think if I ever have a daughter I'll avoid the huge bows like the plague, just because I think they look silly and they're one more thing to get lost or dirty or eaten. My niece is constantly in bows or headbands and frequently in dresses with SO MANY FRILLS, and I just twitch at the thought of washing various bodily fluids out of tulle. 

• Upvote 8

37 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

and I just twitch at the thought of washing various bodily fluids out of tulle. 

A discovery was made at my daughter's house that cleaning of that nature belongs to grandma.  Bodily fluids come out more easily than paint, grass, and dried play doh.  Daughter and I never buy such monstrosities, but other people are not so kind.

This is the latest abomination she was given.  My daughter and I knew it would be granddaughter's favorite and our horror.  Actually we just laugh at them and move on.  What else can you really do?

image.thumb.png.3fbb1d5d474be332697c179dddc55fde.png

Edited by Coconut Flan
Finding photo and cropping.
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 13
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

image.thumb.png.3fbb1d5d474be332697c179dddc55fde.png

Nawww its cute on her but am I seeing things or is she wearing different shoes LOL. No judgement, thats my kind of kid. In fact I was that kid! Ha!

Edited by HurricaneBells
Removed extra word
  • Haha 4
  • Love 3

My daughter is very, very easy going with her daughter in terms of, well, just about everything, but especially clothing. There are days I cringe when I open up IG and the other GM has posted a photo of the family at an event like a baptism, and my GD is decked out in a Halloween costume-

• Haha 19
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, HurricaneBells said:

Nawww its cute on her but am I seeing things or is she wearing different shoes LOL. No judgement, thats my kind of kid. In fact I was that kid! Ha!

Yes, they are different.  :pb_rollseyes:  It took me a minute to notice also.  They are leaving the children's salon after haircuts.  It could be that my daughter didn't notice while trying to get the kids out the door or it wasn't worth worrying about.  I should ask her.

• Haha 6
  • Love 3

@melon Tags in clothes is a constant battle in my house. Not with the kids, but with my husband. I am find a lot of newer kids clothes has softer tags or the are just printed on so my kids don't complain. My husband has had to be "re-trained" after I destroyed what turned out to be a very expensive sweater of his because it had no tag (he cut it out before we got together). What is awful is that his mom (or rather my Monster-in-law) cuts the tags out before sending him clothes as gifts. I was think, what if it doesn't fit? She can't just exchange it then. Makes me crazy because I don't even get a chance to check if it needs special washing. SIL does this too with her kids clothes and got a bunch as hand me downs that it turns out she wants back...uhm...a few are not in great shape, guess the "do not tumble dry" was important to know? I know to each his own, and I am not trying to single you out. More a chance to laugh again at tags in clothes.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Jinger went blonde and got a good trim, actually the shortest I’ve seen her hair 

Edited by Whatthefundie
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 2

Have the Vuolos moved to LA yet? Because that California influence looks like it’s already hitting Jinger. At least in the hair department. 

Edit: whoops, the post says they’re still in Laredo. Maybe she’s just getting prepared lol. That being said, while some of the Duggar girls have the complexion for light or dark hair, I feel like Jinger looks a lot better with dark hair. Good for her for experimenting though— I feel like these fundies hardly ever do a radically different hair color or style from their norm  

Edited by TheMustardCardigan
  • Upvote 19
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

That midriff baring top is daring.

I’m not feeling the hair color for her (the eyebrows are still a bit too dark to make it work, it could work if it had a dirty root) but if it makes her happy then cool, I’m happy for her.

Now if only she could make as drastic a change to her belief system as she did to her hair. 

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 25
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

I'm glad to see while its still long it has been trimmed and is a normal length for someone her age. I like her better with dark but experimenting with hair color is fun! If I wasn't allergic to hair dye, I would have purple hair and I'm 53! 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

It’s a bit too blonde for me but good for her! I can see her experimenting a lot in LA. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

In my opinion it looks super fake on her; I think it'd have looked nicer with darker on the top blending into blonde. Maybe this is super bitchy of me but it feels like how most girls want to be blonde at some point before you realize that sometimes light blonde isn't as nice as honey or dirty blonde etc on different faces and colorations. I guess she's gotta try it out to see if she likes it but I feel like she'll switch to something darker, maybe between her natural hair and this, in a few months. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 9

6 minutes ago, Nicole Jinger Duggar said:

In my opinion it looks super fake on her; I think it'd have looked nicer with darker on the top blending into blonde. Maybe this is super bitchy of me but it feels like how most girls want to be blonde at some point before you realize that sometimes light blonde isn't as nice as honey or dirty blonde etc on different faces and colorations. I guess she's gotta try it out to see if she likes it but I feel like she'll switch to something darker, maybe between her natural hair and this, in a few months. 

I am blonde, not much by choice. With my hair day allergy, blonde is the only color my scalp will tolerate. I have tried natural dyes too, no luck. I get horrible blistering. I used to always dye my hair red. I wish I could go back. If I don't dye it, its gray drab brown. 

• Upvote 2

I’m happy Jinger can experiment with her hair and glad she cut off those split ends, but I don’t think it flatters her, seems too harsh and the eyebrows are too dark.  She might make a beautiful redhead. (Prejudiced cause that’s my fav)

• Upvote 8

Jinger and I have the same hair color now! I think Jinger’s brows are a little dark for this shade but over all, I actually like it. The cut definitely suits her. It looks good. I also like her outfit.

Good on Jinger for experimenting. I only hope Jinger and Jeremy experiment with their world views. 

• Upvote 5

Definitely trying to fit in to the Cali peeps!

But, it's fun, this is the most experimenting with hair that any of them have done, so good for her! And the cut is nice!  Maybe she'll inspire her sisters to trim their hair a bit.

Edited by karen77
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Whatthefundie said:

Jinger went blonde and got a good trim, actually the shortest I’ve seen her hair 

I hate to fangirl but I’m digging the blonde and new cut on her. I’ll show myself out. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic