IGNORED

Safe at Home 5: Something Happened in Arndtland and It's Finger Lickin' Good!

HerNameIsBuffy

No nothing's happened, I just wanted to note that Phillip turns 30 today. Half of the Arndt "kids" are now over 30. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

On 5/15/2020 at 2:57 PM, anjulibai said:

No nothing's happened, I just wanted to note that Phillip turns 30 today. Half of the Arndt "kids" are now over 30. 

Did he get a bedroom birthday picture?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Something happened in Arndt land? Misleading title. No. I’ve just spent 2 hours reading the past 6 months and it’s just some old chicken band? Don’t get my hopes up. I thought one of them had gone engaged at KFC from that title ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

Something happened in Arndt land? Misleading title. No. I’ve just spent 2 hours reading the past 6 months and it’s just some old chicken band? Don’t get my hopes up. I thought one of them had gone engaged at KFC from that title ?

That would be news because we all know if someone gets engaged it will be in the penguin house of the zoo!

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

25 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

That would be news because we all know if someone gets engaged it will be in the penguin house of the zoo!

Or on the softball field. 

• Upvote 2

With little to do these days, I’ve been taking lots of walks in the open space behind me and that’s when I tune in to past recordings of Rick’s Facebook streams. Rick repeats himself a lot, and pisses me off with his occasional holier than thou mentions of “pro abortioners,” so I don’t listen intently by any means. However, in the months of my quarantine walks, I’ve gleaned the following:

1. Vine Valley is still actively being filmed. He explains it will likely be a miniseries due to its length.

2. The FamTeam website is being revamped, with plans to stream Vine Valley on it. The website will likely be a paid subscription site, while Rick claims the Facebook streams will remain free. Look forward to games, interviews, puzzles, and more (oh boy!) on this paid site.

3. The Arndt property is really turning into a compound. They are currently working on roads, to connect the older boys’ house with the main house and some additional roads I believe. It appears the guys are fully involved in all of the building and construction. They’ve also created a second softball field and there’s a spot designated for a future home for the guys, as Rick says if they can afford it and they need it. They’ve made hiking paths as well.

4. Recently, two girl “friends of the guys” came over. One was apparently Philip’s friend, from Israel. She came over on his birthday, but appears she was not staying with the Arndts. The second one was from Columbia. Very irresponsible of the family to be hosting people in any fashion right now.

Rick mentioned Philip “loves Israel the most“ in the family, and 4 of the guys had planned to go to Israel, and would have just been getting back recently.

5. The regular softball season has been canceled, but fear not...I have no doubt with the Arndts’ now 2 softball fields on their property, we can all rest easy knowing they will be put to good use. Between their immediate and extended family and friend network, they have plenty of people to play with. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 13

14 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

1. Vine Valley is still actively being filmed. He explains it will likely be a miniseries due to its length.

2. The FamTeam website is being revamped, with plans to stream Vine Valley on it.

Yay!! Any hint as to when? I hope they don't plan to wait until it's all finished, as it likely never will be finished.

3. The Arndt property is really turning into a compound. They are currently working on roads, to connect the older boys’ house with the main house and some additional roads I believe. It appears the guys are fully involved in all of the building and construction.

Huh. So they've all bought into the idea of living there forever. That's...upsetting. I mean, I'm glad they're getting separate houses from their parents, but still. Any mention of homes to raise their own families in? Or just to have privacy in? My goodness.

4. Recently, two girl “friends of the guys” came over.

Encouraging! Though, as you say, poorly timed. Also, how weird that the only women visitors we hear of are from so far away. I wish the guys had local friends. And maybe they do. This is all filtered through Rick, right?

Edited by Petronella
  • Upvote 8

15 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

Vine Valley is still actively being filmed. He explains it will likely be a miniseries due to its length.

2. The FamTeam website is being revamped, with plans to stream Vine Valley on it. The website will likely be a paid subscription site, while Rick claims the Facebook streams will remain free. Look forward to games, interviews, puzzles, and more (oh boy!) on this paid site.

They better make this happen! I do wonder if there are many people outside of FJ who want to watch the mysterious VV. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I do wonder if there are many people outside of FJ who want to watch the mysterious VV. 

This is one person inside FJ who doesn't want to watch!?

• Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

They better make this happen! I do wonder if there are many people outside of FJ who want to watch the mysterious VV. 

And yet I want nothing more.

I refuse to get my hopes up but once this happens it will be the main event in my life....as true as it is sad.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

pay for the privilege of watching Arndts study their navels? No thank you.

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

Just now, Four is Enough said:

pay for the privilege of watching Arndts study their navels? No thank you.

Depends on the price. Just a few bucks? I totally would ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

@Petronella I don’t recall Rick saying an exact time for it to be finished. It does still seem very much like the Winchester Mystery House.

Yes, nearly all of this was just from Rick‘s mouth, so take all of it with a grain of salt. There was one “talk” that the guys conducted instead of Rick (he was out with Cathy for their anniversary), and it was infinitely easier to listen to/watch.

With regard to the future home, that was all the info he provided. Rick pointed the plot out as he drove by. He repeats a lot of this life stuff so I’m hoping he mentions it again in more detail.    

The guys absolutely have local friends (acquaintances?) including women, but it is weird he seems only to mention these international ones. Tbh I’m at the point now I’m actually more interested in Mary-Elizabeth’s life than the guys. What does she do all day? Rick often mentions the guys doing different outdoor projects etc but I don’t remember hearing a lot of what she actually does. I hope she has some activities that are uniquely hers but doubtful.

Oh how could I forget? Open invite to the Arndts for the 4th of July as per usual. This was a week or two ago, that was the plan according to Rick but it seemed like if things were really bad, they wouldn’t hold it. 

Edited by Suz8710
  • Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, Suz8710 said:

Petronella I don’t recall Rick saying an exact time for it to be finished. It does still seem very much like the Winchester Mystery House

Perfect description!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

15 minutes ago, Love2Cruise said:

I wish the Arndt's and the 7 sisters would meet.... that is all.

The 7 sisters have way too much going for them to get entangled with the Arndt man-boys.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

The Arndts are so enmeshed, they will have to find girls willing to cut off most of their family and friends so they can devote all of their time to the Arndt family. 

• I Agree 4

@JermajestyDuggar Absolutely agree. Their best bet seems like finding ladies with little to no family and social life, sad as that sounds. 

With the Arndts it’s a buy 1 get 15 free (I’m including Rick & Cathy).

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1

I don't know if I could handle hours and hours of Falling Off a Vine and Into a Valley, but I do want to know why a pumpkin was being lovingly bathed.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

On 5/18/2020 at 8:53 PM, Suz8710 said:

@JermajestyDuggar Absolutely agree. Their best bet seems like finding ladies with little to no family and social life, sad as that sounds. 

With the Arndts it’s a buy 1 get 15 free (I’m including Rick & Cathy).

I'm not sure they even want to marry.

For a while now my theory about the Arndts has been that they are just waiting for everyone to be of age so they can move on to the next stage together. After David's 18th (or maybe 21st) birthday they will have a huge penguin-themed mega-wedding (with a baseball game at the reception) where all of the Arndt "children" will get married all at once. The new couples will split off into groups and will live together in a few houses on the compound.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1

If the Maxwell men can find wives, why can't these guys?? Their mom wears short shorts every summer. Plus they play baseball. Kinda normal...a little, but not actually.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

If the Maxwell men can find wives, why can't these guys?? Their mom wears short shorts every summer. Plus they play baseball. Kinda normal...a little, but not actually.

Oh I fully believe they could find women. Especially the extremely attractive ones. Yes, Luke and a couple of his brothers are very attractive and most women would agree. I’ve often suspected that a few may have had a secret girlfriend. They travel so much for weddings. They are allowed to be gone overnight. It’s not like dad is able to keep tabs on all of them all the time. But I think pulling the trigger on marriage would be so hard in that family. I doubt many would make the cut. Therefore my theory is that there have been girlfriends, but no one has been good enough to throw a wash cloth over.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

24 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh I fully believe they could find women. Especially the extremely attractive ones. Yes, Luke and a couple of his brothers are very attractive and most women would agree. I’ve often suspected that a few may have had a secret girlfriend. They travel so much for weddings. They are allowed to be gone overnight. It’s not like dad is able to keep tabs on all of them all the time. But I think pulling the trigger on marriage would be so hard in that family. I doubt many would make the cut. Therefore my theory is that there have been girlfriends, but no one has been good enough to throw a wash cloth over.

I think women are put off by the high levels of enmeshment in the family, plus Rick's weirdness.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic