IGNORED

Safe at Home 5: Something Happened in Arndtland and It's Finger Lickin' Good!

HerNameIsBuffy

25 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think they do things they never tell Rick about. Not hookers and blow. More like PG 13 movies and dates with girls.

On the Arndt scale of male purity, PG 13 and no contact dates ARE hookers and blow. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My speculation is that it’s easier to hide these things from dad and mom than to be honest and move out.

The Arndts are big into accounta-buddies.  It was shocking to me when they allowed Luke to travel by air alone somewhere and stay in a hotel room, but they made a big deal of it so it was surely a unique event.  

I hope you are right, but my spidey sense is telling me the siblings can't trust each other. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

The Arndt Borg Hive Mind believes that only the group is strong; the individual without the group is vulnerable. 

Yo, FJ! What's that phrase again?

I remember now!  "Safe at Home" 

A query.  Does the road access for the  Arndt Home for Middle Aged Chidults go by the Big House? 

Edited by Howl
  • Haha 4

On 7/26/2020 at 2:38 PM, nokidsmom said:

Having traveled quite a bit in Utah and having a sister living there with a distant view of Zion National Park (which are really, really big rocks btw), saying you are enjoying the rocks is the most "meh" description of Utah scenery I can think of.

Are you familiar with https://www.instagram.com/subparparks/? The artist looks for her favorite 1-star reviews of National Parks on yelp, and then creates illustrations of the parks captioned with the reviews. I think she's done all the national parks in Utah, but my favorite is Arches: "Looks nothing like the license plate!" For those not on IG, you can also see her designs (and purchase the merch) at https://ambersharedesign.com/

7 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I live in constant hope that someday, I'll read an Arndt thread and something wonderful, I mean normal, will happen to an Arndt... like a wedding, or a move into their own apartment, or a DATE....

oh, hell, I'd settle for the oldest boys taking a trip to Antarctica to see the penguins.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 5

On 8/6/2020 at 5:56 PM, Black Aliss said:

Are you familiar with https://www.instagram.com/subparparks/? The artist looks for her favorite 1-star reviews of National Parks on yelp, and then creates illustrations of the parks captioned with the reviews. I think she's done all the national parks in Utah, but my favorite is Arches: "Looks nothing like the license plate!" For those not on IG, you can also see her designs (and purchase the merch) at https://ambersharedesign.com/

oh, hell, I'd settle for the oldest boys taking a trip to Antarctica to see the penguins.

Thank you for this!! I am now following. "Save yourself some money, boil some water at home" for Yellowstone killed me. 

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Thank you for this!! I am now following. "Save yourself some money, boil some water at home" for Yellowstone killed me. 

Thank you. I am now subscribing to subparparks on instagram. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/6/2020 at 11:12 AM, JenniferJuniper said:

I can't agree about Rick, but it works on Luke.  Mary may look even more like Rick than Luke does.  I remember Rick marveling once that she was the only baby they had that was born with his dark hair and not baby blond like all her brothers  Because like - wow - it's amazing that a female child inherit her father's coloring. ?

Well, when you don't study science because of The Bible and you don't learn about genetics, you don't know any better.

On 8/6/2020 at 12:28 PM, JenniferJuniper said:

The Arndts are big into accounta-buddies.  It was shocking to me when they allowed Luke to travel by air alone somewhere and stay in a hotel room, but they made a big deal of it so it was surely a unique event.  

I hope you are right, but my spidey sense is telling me the siblings can't trust each other. 

I can see it how. The Arndts have reporting contests, with who can find the worst sin on his brother. The winner gets to sleep with the stuffed penguin all week.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Well, when you don't study science because of The Bible and you don't learn about genetics, you don't know any better.

Cathy's homeschooling was excellent.  She had them all tested yearly to make sure at grade level and John was in some elite math competitions in his high school years.

They went to the science museum on one of the videos and various conversations have shown they weren't shorted in this in their schooling.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

11 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Cathy's homeschooling was excellent.  She had them all tested yearly to make sure at grade level and John was in some elite math competitions in his high school years.

They went to the science museum on one of the videos and various conversations have shown they weren't shorted in this in their schooling.  

I'm so glad to hear that. I stand corrected.

• Upvote 4

Perhaps the Catholic background means they don't have the  Evangeligelical anti-science bias. 

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, Howl said:

Perhaps the Catholic background means they don't have the  Evangeligelical anti-science bias. 

That's my guess.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Howl said:

I think this is probably very true.  I know I was told in CCD classes back in the 1970's that evolution could live peaceably with the Bible as the Old Testament in particular wasn't meant to be taken THAT literally. 

Just wanted to add that the oldest four attended Catholic schools for a couple of years, paid for by Cathy's father when she was overwhelmed with babies and little kids and helping Rick with his work. According to one of the boys, they found it boring as they were farther advanced than their classmates, and I find this believable.  

It's just a shame none were allowed to continue with formal education. I know college isn't for everyone but out of 14 kids, it's not possible that half or more wouldn't have enjoyed and greatly benefited from it.  But, of course, a bachelor's degree from a Liberal Arts college wouldn't suit Rick's plan for the Fam.

• Upvote 8

I’m buying an embroidery machine on Saturday and was looking up designs I want to get. I came across penguins and instead of thinking “oh how cute!” I thought “omg! I need to tell fj!” 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 13

On 6/26/2020 at 2:49 PM, Howl said:

Yes, I think when Cathy and Rick cross the Rainbow Bridge, a lot of things will change, unless their sister steps in to take Cathy's place.  That said, Cathy looks like she could crank along in fine style until 80 or 85. 

Cathy, white-haired, stretches out her trembling wrinkled hand to rest on an abdomen, and says, "Happy 60th birthday, my son."

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 9

8 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

Cathy, white-haired, stretches out her trembling wrinkled hand to rest on an abdomen, and says, "Happy 60th birthday, my son."

I am convinced Cathy has a portrait aging in an attic somewhere.  Paul and co can be in their sixties and she's still going to look fabulous rocking her white shorts.

Seriously, as crazy as she and Rick have to be to have fostered such a weirdly cloistered environment she looks amazing.  

On 8/12/2020 at 1:39 AM, Giraffe said:

I’m buying an embroidery machine on Saturday and was looking up designs I want to get. I came across penguins and instead of thinking “oh how cute!” I thought “omg! I need to tell fj!” 

Now I know who to contact when we need to order swag for the Vine Valley premiere!

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Now I know who to contact when we need to order swag for the Vine Valley premiere!

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/11/2020 at 6:04 PM, JenniferJuniper said:

I think this is probably very true.  I know I was told in CCD classes back in the 1970's that evolution could live peaceably with the Bible as the Old Testament in particular wasn't meant to be taken THAT literally. 

Just wanted to add that the oldest four attended Catholic schools for a couple of years, paid for by Cathy's father when she was overwhelmed with babies and little kids and helping Rick with his work. According to one of the boys, they found it boring as they were farther advanced than their classmates, and I find this believable.  

It's just a shame none were allowed to continue with formal education. I know college isn't for everyone but out of 14 kids, it's not possible that half or more wouldn't have enjoyed and greatly benefited from it.  But, of course, a bachelor's degree from a Liberal Arts college wouldn't suit Rick's plan for the Fam.

I thought it was just a year in HS, but I could be mistaken.  I also find it totally believable they'd be ahead of their peers.  There is no doubt in my mind she gave them a better education than they'd have gotten in most schools.

Important to note for any fundies that may read here, she used a real curriculum - not character books.  

Just now, Giraffe said:

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Look at her laughing like I'm kidding.

I am so not kidding!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Look at her laughing like I'm kidding.

I am so not kidding!

I’m laughing because you and I both know we’re going to be long dead before the movie’s ever released. If pigs start flying though you’ll be the first to get my Vine Valley FJ swag. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I am convinced Cathy has a portrait aging in an attic somewhere.  Paul and co can be in their sixties and she's still going to look fabulous rocking her white shorts.

Seriously, as crazy as she and Rick have to be to have fostered such a weirdly cloistered environment she looks amazing.  

Maybe it's Vine Valley. As long as it's in production she stays young. But once it hits the big screens, everyone will see her true face.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

11 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

The Vine Valley premier that will probably coincide with that 85th birthday of Cathy’s. Lucky she doesn’t age, she’s been playing “girl with a picnic basket” for 20 years.

Edit - should have finished reading the thread, you’ve all had the same thought.

Edited by lilith
  • Upvote 3

17 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I am convinced Cathy has a portrait aging in an attic somewhere. 

The FJ content I'm here for! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 1:58 PM, Antipatriarch said:

So, when Cathy does cross the rainbow bridge, will Lizzie inherit the white shorts?

• Haha 10

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic