IGNORED

Safe at Home 5: Something Happened in Arndtland and It's Finger Lickin' Good!

HerNameIsBuffy

20 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

So the Famteam all got Covid which is why Rick stopped his living room meetings a couple of weeks ago.  During his last Dad on Wheels session he mentioned Cathy had/was having a particularly hard time.  Guess you can't be truly safe at home if you invite outsiders in to listen to Dad's ramblings during the middle of a pandemic.  And I'm willing to bet none of them ever wore masks when they did go out. 

The boys are all young and Rick stays physically active with his softball so I’m not surprised it was Cathy that took it the hardest. I hope none of their home church friends had it bad. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The boys are all young and Rick stays physically active with his softball so I’m not surprised it was Cathy that took it the hardest. I hope none of their home church friends had it bad. 

A few weeks ago there was an elderly gentleman in one of the living room sessions.  He looked like a relative.  And he actually said he was praying for the strength to stay strong against all those people insisting he wear a mask in public.   

Cathy's doesn't play softball, but she does work out in the basement gym.  Still, that's no gurarentee of anything and I've known some younger fit people who were hit really hard.  That's the horror of Covid; no one really knows how it will impact them personally until it hits them. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 3

19 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

He was vague, but did say "something like" 11 of the family tested positive, including himself. 

That is still a lot.

I wonder if the photographer changed his TOA to include no mask wearing. I could see them not thinking masks are a big deal for a wedding, etc. 

• Upvote 4

On 2/1/2021 at 9:33 AM, JenniferJuniper said:

A few weeks ago there was an elderly gentleman in one of the living room sessions.  He looked like a relative.  And he actually said he was praying for the strength to stay strong against all those people insisting he wear a mask in public.   

Illinois does have a mask mandate in place so it must be a pretty big fight for this guy to resist.  Sure there are businesses / people refusing but most are complying with either state (or company wide) mandate from what I have seen. 

So much for being "safe at home".

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1

Over on the Maxwell threads, @Black Aliss linked to a page with 50 funny euphemisms for masturbation. It isn't graphic but possibly NSFW?

Anyway, #4 on the list is "Marching the penguin"......... 

• Haha 12

Rick hasn't posted a "sermon" in 10 days which is highly unusual.  He usually posts his rambles every day, sometimes more than once.  Hopefully it's  not a Covid-related absence.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

And look out old Rick is back!

All but one in the family got Covid, says he.  My guess is that the absence was related to Rick's illness, although he didn't come out and say it. But he also asked people to pray for his mother and father (hopefully they didn't infect them?) and said he and the Fam were thinking about leaving "Big Tech" behind. I guess he's still all mad because Twitter, Facebook and Instagram banned the second coming of Christ, aka Donald J Trump.   

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Thank You 8

One has to wonder what contact point introduced COVID to the family.  Going to COSTCO? Inviting someone over for family church who was infected?

I hope they all recover with no lingering side effects. 

• I Agree 4

59 minutes ago, Howl said:

One has to wonder what contact point introduced COVID to the family.  Going to COSTCO? Inviting someone over for family church who was infected?

I hope they all recover with no lingering side effects. 

They do invite non-Arndts to Sunday church meetings at their home. The Arndts probably still do photography during the pandemic. They probably have a lot of ways to catch covid. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They do invite non-Arndts to Sunday church meetings at their home. The Arndts probably still do photography during the pandemic. They probably have a lot of ways to catch covid. 

And I'm sure they avoided masks whenever possible.  

Home  gatherings, no masks....Most of the people I know who continued to do this have either ended up with Covid or had a scare that made them get tested.  Rick would never in a million years tell us how ill anyone became, but a 10 day absence tells us someone got very sick. Probably him. 

But he said they aren't under quarantine any more, so they'll go right back to Sunday meetings. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

On 7/3/2019 at 12:16 AM, raspberrymint said:

I just noticed their "show" is actually called Safe at Home.  This would make sense if they were homeschooling most of the kids, but only one is still high school age.  Now it's literally just being proud of keeping adults from leaving.  What???

C'mom guys. We cannot let the new thread go for 18 months before it gets long enough to close!

• Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic