IGNORED

Safe at Home 5: Something Happened in Arndtland and It's Finger Lickin' Good!

HerNameIsBuffy

I admit to giggling every time I read "Sausages and Calendars" as I just keep seeing a racy pinup calendar. The song,  meaning literal gifts, of Sausages and Calendars, is both properly weird enough and as disappointing as anything else that goes on in the Ardnt house though.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • Love 2

I took the washcloth tossing (wasn't it tossing the washcloth into a bathtub?) as a form of divination. Not as Satanic as, say, a ouija board, more like reading tea leaves.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Again we're here and nothing happened.  I check the Arndt family and individual fb pages sometimes (need better hobbies), I was going to screenshot/quote one of the guys. Now I don't remember who wrote it and on what page. One Arndt guy wrote he use to  have a crush on J-lo and some other celeb, Shakira maybe? Anybody else seen it? Maybe it was on the main Arndt family channel in the comments, but it's a lot of work reading through those. 

• 2 weeks later...

They may take an income hit for awhile -- many courts are closed.  Things are drastic enough that people may be cancelling weddings. 

• I Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Howl said:

They may take an income hit for awhile -- many courts are closed.  Things are drastic enough that people may be cancelling weddings. 

I'm in the UK and all four weddings we were invited to in March-May have been postponed/cancelled, including one that was meant to be yesterday. I don't know what the situation is near the Arndts, of course, but I imagine it's much the same.

• Upvote 4

Illinois is pretty much shut down, so I'm sure their businesses will suffer. That said, they must have decent savings, right? Unless the "double lives" theory pans out, how much money can one spend with a lifestyle like theirs? Other than say, camera equipment and trips to the Finger Lakes, it's a pretty Spartan existence.

I do think of them every time I see #SaferAtHome trending on Twitter :pb_lol:

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

The whole world has adopted their mantra. They must feel so justified right now.

#safeathome

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 5

I just came over to post my brilliant insight no #SafeAtHome, only to realize I have totally melded with the fj hive mind. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Howl said:

I just came over to post my brilliant insight no #SafeAtHome, only to realize I have totally melded with the fj hive mind. 

"one of us, one of us, one of us."

(I don't even know where that's from)

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

"one of us, one of us, one of us."

(I don't even know where that's from)

Old-movie-lady to the rescue!

It's from Freaks.

ETA - more info at link.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Howl said:

...insight no on #SafeAtHome, only to realize I have totally melded with the fj hive mind.

Gah.  typo corrected. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, usedbicycle said:

Paul posted this picture for Rick's birthday today. Is it just me or does it looked photoshopped?

642397573_ScreenShot2020-04-01at3_08_52PM.png.043058297250dd4e67391779c01dcac8.png

It really does.  It also looks like it's Mary Elizabeth's birthday - pink hearts and pink roses for Rick?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Normally I don’t jump to photoshop but this is the Arndt family. They are amazing phographers and photo editors. Plus why use a picture from Wizzy’s bday? Why not use a more recent pic? I’m wondering if it’s because Rick looks bad. He hasn’t seemed mentally healthy lately. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

It really does.  It also looks like it's Mary Elizabeth's birthday - pink hearts and pink roses for Rick?

And why doesn't she get Mommy's hand on her ribcage in the bday photo, like all the boys do?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, scoutsadie said:

And why doesn't she get Mommy's hand on her ribcage in the bday photo, like all the boys do?

Tummy Time is Cathy's special gift for the Penis Patrol. Wizzy can only aspire to be a Tummy Toucher Acolyte. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

Damn balloons are blocking the view. Now the world will never know if the white shorty-shorts are still in season or not!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

19 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Damn balloons are blocking the view. Now the world will never know if the white shorty-shorts are still in season or not!

I think I see some black pants behind Mary Elizabeth's leg.  I don't think shorty shorts start before May 1. 

• Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Holy smokes!!! I don’t know what kind of rock I’ve been living under, but I literally just discovered the Arndts live in the same county as me, about 25 minutes away ???.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

Upon further internet sleuthing, they were the photographer at my fiancé’s cousins wedding 2 years ago. I’ve been in a photo taken by them!! Ahhhh

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 6
  • Haha 21

6 hours ago, kcrabtree_06 said:

Holy smokes!!! I don’t know what kind of rock I’ve been living under, but I literally just discovered the Arndts live in the same county as me, about 25 minutes away ???.

so you are saying you haven't been invited to the fam team baseball classic? :D

• Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic