IGNORED

Safe at Home 5: Something Happened in Arndtland and It's Finger Lickin' Good!

HerNameIsBuffy

@AmazonGrace, to be honest I think you've hit on one of the reasons why things are the way they are with the Arndts. Women are probably weirded out by the home situation and find it too off-putting.

I also have a pet theory that when you have a large number of same-sex siblings, they tend to form romantic relationships later than the societal norm because (in my opinion) they're more prone to enmeshment, depending on the family atmosphere of course, and because a large group of same-sex siblings who are close to each other and live together seem to form a slightly intimidating prospect for people (particularly potential romantic partners) to 'break into' the circle and get to know them. I could be completely off-base here, but I think my speculation is borne out by the situation of the Seven Sisters (they didn't start to get boyfriends, dress modern and become less enmeshed until they began to branch out into different career/life directions) and also the case of myself and Triplet1 and Triplet2 (we're all-female triplets who I think were slightly enmeshed, in a non-religious way, and who weren't able start to form romantic relationships until we went to different universities).

Edited by Triplet3
  • Upvote 9

On 2/28/2020 at 3:28 PM, AverageGiraffe said:

My father's optimism paid off with the Cavs, so perhaps we'll get lucky! 

I think a Browns superbowl appearance is more likely than an Arndt marriage/moving out solo/any sort of rebellion, and that's really saying something. I will continue to hope for both like the true masochistic Cleveland sports fan that I was raised to be.  

Hope on - hope ever! ? I see new comments and always come running. Something MUST have happened! Yet, once again I’m Charlie Brown, flat on my back, with the football “safe at home” in Lucy’s hands. One day though. Something will happen. It has to! Right?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

11 hours ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Yet, once again I’m Charlie Brown, flat on my back, with the football “safe at home” in Lucy’s hands.

Perfect analogy.  There are a lot of Charlie Browns here.

There does need to be a signal if something ever really does happen. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

7 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

When news hit that Jill was registering her son for Kindergarten I changed the title so everyone would know.

I'll definitely do the same here, if it ever happens.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

When news hit that Jill was registering her son for Kindergarten I changed the title so everyone would know.

I'll definitely do the same here, if it ever happens.

"Arndt Action: this is NOT a drill!"

?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 21

On 3/1/2020 at 8:06 AM, Triplet3 said:

Women are probably weirded out by the home situation and find it too off-putting.

I agree with this.   Perhaps it wouldn't be the case if the older manboys were younger, in their 20s with younger sibs under the age of majority for example, but a bunch of guys in their 30s still at home with the rest of their younger adult siblings, I could see women wondering just what's going on.

It also doesn't help that the family has  a media presence advertising being "safe at home"  which is going to seem weird given that they are all adults (save one) and not little kids.  

Back in my dating days, one type I always avoided like the plague was the "Momma's boy".  While I was all for a guy to have a good relationship wit his mother,  even young naive me knew to avoid anyone who was overly close and controlled by his mother / parent.  It didn't matter how nice or cute he was.  I get the feeling that's what women feel like when they meet a Arndt manboy, they are dealing with Momma's boys.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

I once dated someone who was a mama’s boy and a grandma’s boy. I felt the later was bad. All he wanted to do was spend time with his grandparents & would get pissed when I didn’t want to. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

On 3/1/2020 at 8:56 PM, WiseGirl said:

A big symbol in the sky - but instead of a bat, it will be a penguin!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

11 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

A big symbol in the sky - but instead of a bat, it will be a penguin!

Got it.

s-l1000.jpg

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 20
  • Love 3

Have we ruled out the possibility that they are extra-terrestrials? It's a theory worth exploring as it could explain a lot of their behavior. Perhaps they were part of a mass migration from their home planet, but were the only pod to make it safely to earth so nowthey are alone and stranded on this planet. They can never mate with humans because, well, who knows what's under those penguin-themed big-boy pants.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 16

15 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Oh my!  Does this require a title change?!

Yesssss!!!!!

Something actually happened in Arndtland and It's Finger Lickin' Good! 

Some of the Coneheads are in a band, albeit a Christianish one.  Run, run Rudolf and 'Zat You, Santa Claus are actually kinda catchy. :laughing-rollingred:

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 3

There are some great nuggets in there.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

There are some great nuggets in there

I see what you did there. :face_chicken::animals-chickencatch:

The other band members are cousins. From their grandmother's (Cathy's mom) obit, which is quoted on her Geni listing:

She is also survived by 54 grandchildren: Sarah (Trey) Holdener, Rebekah (Matt) Puckett, Ruth Mueller, Gwen (Josh) Phillips, Andrea (Brian) Russell, Erin (Jason) Florek, Jamie (Jason) Ticgelaor, Dan Dalechek (Deanna Laskowski), Christy (Kelly) Moore, Josh Dalechek, Hannah (David) Browning, Nathan and Stephen Dalechek, David (Danielle) Dalechek, Paul, John, Mark, Luke, Jude, James, Philip, Seth, Jacob, Nathan, Mary-Elizabeth, Caleb, Peter, and David Arndt, Tom Konradt (Erica Schramek), David Konradt (Amanda Blume), Joe, Jessica, and Sophie Konradt, Rachel, Nina, Joey, Noah, Audrey, Jack, and Tirzah Stock, Katie, Johnny, Molly, and Michael Reitano, and Leah, Stephanie, Bridget, Natalie, Maggie, Jenny, Emily, Robbie, Elizabeth, and Julie Stock; and 13 great-grandchildren, Kate and Tony Holdener, Olin Phillips, Jackson Florek, Jason, Jonathon, Drew, Ben, and Alex Ticgelaor, Ethan Dalechek, Jade Browning, Jackson Moore, and Danielle Konradt.

https://www.geni.com/people/Elizabeth-Stock/6000000005586974478

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 6

15 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

I see what you did there. :face_chicken::animals-chickencatch:

The other band members are cousins. From their grandmother's (Cathy's mom) obit, which is quoted on her Geni listing:

https://www.geni.com/people/Elizabeth-Stock/6000000005586974478

Now we know why none have ever married.  They are just doing their part to keep the obits concise....no in-laws or grandkiddos to include.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

Joanne Worley (yes, she is still alive -- I checked!) needs to go to their concerts to heckle.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Joanne Worley (yes, she is still alive -- I checked!) needs to go to their concerts to heckle.

You have no idea how long it took me to realize that Joanne Worley, Liza Minelli, and Kaye Ballard weren't the same person.

• Haha 8

I’m dying for someone who knows them irl to do an ama. I don’t understand this family!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

So. Many. Questions. The Arndts released a secular bird-themed album and it’s not about penguins?!

Can anyone get the full bio/press release links to work, or do you have to fill out the form?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

So. Many. Questions. The Arndts released a secular bird-themed album and it’s not about penguins?!

Can anyone get the full bio/press release links to work, or do you have to fill out the form?

They don't work for me.  I'm dying to see the hospitality rider.

There is some good money invested in that gear.

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic