IGNORED

Lori 65: The Demonic Agenda regarding Women

A random thought from a moment ago -- If Lori will post a mere 5 hours after RHE's passing that she was wrong, wrong, wrong in everything she believed; that RHE was not a Christian; that RHE's eternal salvation is in question; agree with all the haters that RHE is going to Hell, and then have the gall to insist she (Lori) said all this to save people from a false prophet  and eternal damnation -- would Lori do the same to the grieving family and friends at a funeral?

I say yes. Of course. Yes. Why yes Lori would.

Because when is a better time as the perfect Christian and God's mouthpiece that Lori knows she is?  What a perfect time to let grieving people know their loved one is burning in Hell. After all she's just speaking the truth.

• Upvote 14

39 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I wonder if lori is talking about RHE in her chatroom. 

I'd like to know as well. If it's this bad on her public FB page, Lori and her minions must be really nasty on the private one. 

• Upvote 10

I can't believe what I have been reading. Lori, you are an evil, hateful, crazy bitch. You lack compassion, sympathy, and empathy. I would ask why, but the answer is very clear. You get off on hurting other people. You enjoy hurting other people. You are a fucking monster!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

I don’t have a Twitter, so I don’t know how it works. I went to look at her last tweets. This tread is what was shown when I clicked on the tweet Lori used. 6BCD028F-B92D-4DB7-9632-244F68FA28BE.thumb.jpeg.6a72830a8d698f5094a4257cb3172bc9.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 7

God is and always has been portrayed as a male

Portrayed, Lori.  You said it yourself.  Portrayed.  The Christian God is traditionally portrayed as male in human writing and human art.  Humans who were using terms and images they could cope with in an attempt to represent a being so great and all-encompassing and mysterious as to be beyond our full knowledge and understanding.

Speaking of things beyond Lori's understanding, the Old Testament was originally written in Hebrew and Aramaic.  Both of these languages have grammatical gender, and both have only masculine and feminine.  Meaning that in order to write or talk about God at all, Hebrew and Aramaic speakers had no choice but to assign God a gender.  Not only did the people who produced these texts belong to a patriarchal society, but I think (and correct me if I'm wrong here), that in both languages, masculine is the unmarked gender (i.e. it's the default, and feminine inflection requires extra bits.  Hello there, Sapir-Whorf!).  So it's hardly surprising that, when they were forced by their language to make a choice, people made God male.

I consider myself a feminist (ooh, scary!), and personally have no problem with masculine pronouns for the Christian God.  Or with feminine ones, for that matter.  I would've thought God would have bigger things to worry about, but then I remember how much fundies think S/he cares about trans people's pronouns.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

6 hours ago, OyHiOh said:

A meditation I read last night talked about how the more things person A and person B agree on, the more signifigance the points of disagreement become.  I mean, the differences between Protestants and Methodists are pretty minimal, and yet, any P or M who is reasonably knowledgable about their church's history and theology will be able to tell you, in excruciating detail, why the other guy is completely wrong.  Jews do the same thing.  The theological differences between the most liberal and the most traditional Jews amount to perhaps 5% of the total body of what Jews believe.  Yet you'd think we believed almost entirely different faiths from the way we get ourselves knotted up over the differences.  There are literal massaceres in Islamic history tied to which sect believed that other sect was totally completely wrong.  And that's just the big three monotheistic faiths that most people are generally familiar with!  Within every faith, the small differences between beliefs become hugely important because there's a part of the human psyche that wants everyone to seem to believe exactly the same thing.  

Your main point is insightful, but I’m confused by the bolded. Methodists *are* Protestants. Do you mean other Protestants? Or a specific kind of other Protestant, like Baptists? 

10 minutes ago, FullOfGravy said:

Portrayed, Lori.  You said it yourself.  Portrayed.  The Christian God is traditionally portrayed as male in human writing and human art.  Humans who were using terms and images they could cope with in an attempt to represent a being so great and all-encompassing and mysterious as to be beyond our full knowledge and understanding.

Speaking of things beyond Lori's understanding, the Old Testament was originally written in Hebrew and Aramaic.  Both of these languages have grammatical gender, and both have only masculine and feminine.  Meaning that in order to write or talk about God at all, Hebrew and Aramaic speakers had no choice but to assign God a gender.  Not only did the people who produced these texts belong to a patriarchal society, but I think (and correct me if I'm wrong here), that in both languages, masculine is the unmarked gender (i.e. it's the default, and feminine inflection requires extra bits.  Hello there, Sapir-Whorf!).  So it's hardly surprising that, when they were forced by their language to make a choice, people made God male.

Yes! When the ancient Egyptians portrayed Pharaoh Hatshepsut, who was a woman, they used the symbolic representations of power, which were male—like a beard. This isn’t because she was passing for male. It’s because she was holding a powerful office.

Lori is stupid.

• Upvote 13

2 hours ago, FullOfGravy said:

I consider myself a feminist (ooh, scary!), and personally have no problem with masculine pronouns for the Christian God.  Or with feminine ones, for that matter.  I would've thought God would have bigger things to worry about, but then I remember how much fundies think S/he cares about trans people's pronouns.

Exactly. The French word for 'window' is feminine so does that mean that all windows are women? Ffs she is such a dumbass. 

Even if someone does think of god as genderless, it's not a salvation issue. You don't go to hell for pedantic things like that. Lori has liked a couple of comments on her post saying she's in hell. One comment literally says she's 'burning in hell now' and Lori has liked it. 

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, cara said:

Exactly. The French word for 'window' is feminine so does that mean that all windows are women? Ffs she is such a dumbass. 

Let me blow Lori's mind this Monday morning. The Spanish word for "dress" is masculine. 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 12
  • Love 2

As someone on the spectrum...I detest every word of this sentence. Being on the spectrum is NOT an excuse for being a cold, nasty, bitter, heartless bitch. I don't show much emotion, however I can tell you that I feel it all VERY intensely inside. I may not look nor act like it, but I can feel just fine. 
PS...your user name freaks me out...it's my name too. 
Thanks@feministxtian - that unfeeling, evil monster is not one of us. That's not autism - that's being inhuman.
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

On 5/4/2019 at 11:17 PM, usmcmom said:

Ken will not intervene with Lori's post because, as we all know, Ken does not run that household.  If he was any kind of decent man at all; if he was a "Christian headship" he would make Lori take it down AND make her publish an apology. 

There will never be any kind of apology. There will be a 7,000 thesis on how EVERY ONE else is wrong and misunderstood this simple grandma (I am convinced Ken uses that now all the time to "soften" Lori's reputation, but guess what @Ken, no one is buying it.)  

There is NO love at all in Lori. NONE!!  I hope her family is giving her grief.  In a couple of comments on that post, Lori says "I was praying that she would live so she could see the truth. But she didn't"   I call BS like everything else. I do not for a minute believe she was praying for her. 

A day and a half later and I am still livid. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

(I am convinced Ken uses that now all the time to "soften" Lori's reputation

Ken has obviously never read Flowers in the Attic (I'm sure there are better examples, but that was the one that popped into my head when I read your post)

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

3 minutes ago, Curious said:

Ken has obviously never read Flowers in the Attic (I'm sure there are better examples, but that was the one that popped into my head when I read your post)

Maybe Lori’s grandkids call her “The Grandmother” and shudder. 

The main thing I remember about the Flowers in the Attic granny was the narrator referring to grandma’s breasts as “twin hills of concrete”. Ah, memories.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

And this is just BEC, but my tolerance for fangirl Dee Anne Hodson is at an all time low. 

This is what she posted on the RHE post: "I can't say just how disappointed I am to see ALL these harsh and nasty judgments against The Transformed Wife, by those who claim to be Christians!!! Not to mention to treat your elders with some respect! Jesus says in HIS word. "He who is without sin cast the first stone!" Well...no one cast a stone! They were all sinners as well!!! Judge yourselves before you judge someone else! You all sound like a bunch of high school bullies!! Please stop this!!"

I did have to laugh at the line about treating your elders with respect!! hahahahahhahahaha

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Petronella said:

Your main point is insightful, but I’m confused by the bolded. Methodists *are* Protestants. Do you mean other Protestants? Or a specific kind of other Protestant, like Baptists? 

Yes! When the ancient Egyptians portrayed Pharaoh Hatshepsut, who was a woman, they used the symbolic representations of power, which were male—like a beard. This isn’t because she was passing for male. It’s because she was holding a powerful office.

Lori is stupid.

OOPS!!

I meant to type Presbyterians not Protestants.  Attempting to draw a distinction between two organizations within protestant Christianity

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

B424926B-87FC-474C-B4A1-FC128FFA2673.jpeg.72ffbc34aab4af059f3a08774347d757.jpeg

Or in Lori’s case “....a poor theology indeed that considers only the perspectives of those who should look, think, and live just like me.”

• Upvote 18
  • Love 4

I wonder what Lori is actually doing when she is “researching.” If she had paid attention in school she would have learned what research means. I don’t get how anyone can follow her teachings when she shares things and doesn’t know who wrote them. 6A44A997-5B63-4DAE-9AB9-C3B4CD5648B8.thumb.png.9cb15057cec7e17cc46e17f178b1f95b.png

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

Translation: "I use young women's writings when I think they're worth sharing, but I'm the only one who's allowed to do that. If I don't approve of a young woman's writing, then you had better not be reading it or you will go to Hell!":naughty:

The Lori double standard is alive and well. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3

So she has new posts on FB and IG, two new videos (another one on don't deprive your husbands -- she can't let that one rest) and is acting today like nothing happened.  She's like a hit and run driver and just keeps going.   Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but she looks more haggard or stressed in the two new videos if you ask me. She's either ill or for all her protestation that she doesn't let negative feedback bother her she seems rattled.  Something seems off.

I wonder if her sisters or someone close to her said, "you know...you really crossed the line this time."  She needs to hear it from her inner circle, even though I have doubts Lori would even hear them.  She would just write them off as wrong.

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

And this is just BEC, but my tolerance for fangirl Dee Anne Hodson is at an all time low. 

This is what she posted on the RHE post: "I can't say just how disappointed I am to see ALL these harsh and nasty judgments against The Transformed Wife, by those who claim to be Christians!!! Not to mention to treat your elders with some respect! Jesus says in HIS word. "He who is without sin cast the first stone!" Well...no one cast a stone! They were all sinners as well!!! Judge yourselves before you judge someone else! You all sound like a bunch of high school bullies!! Please stop this!!"

I did have to laugh at the line about treating your elders with respect!! hahahahahhahahaha

Ack, the irony! To complain that those who criticize Lori for being uncharitable are being uncharitable. It's an infinite loop of stupidity.

• Upvote 10

I woke up early today- a beautiful morning with birds singing and a breeze in our bedroom.  

I think not wanting to become like Lori is part of what moved me toward more progressive Christianity and away from fundie-lite.  It wasn't just that I was personally hurt by the view of women (which I was), but also, that I could see myself growing more interested in being right than kind.

To me, that's what RHE embodied - an active kindness and compassion.  In the morning breeze, my prayer was to be kinder today.  To look for compassion first.  To let go of the need to be right.  And to never grow into someone like Lori.

Edited by AuntKrazy
Previous content already addressed - oops!
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 14

• Georgiana locked this topic