IGNORED

Lori 65: The Demonic Agenda regarding Women

I had taken a break for FJ for awhile (mainly because I had successfully fasted from dining on Lori's poisonous fare).

I see that Lori has reached the pinnacle of hatred and anti-christ sentiment by slandering the dead who professed Christ and ministered grace.

How lovely.

Lori may be many things, but she is not in Christ here. This is so far from Christ, it cannot be reconciled to have been written by a believer in Christ.  

We've tested the spirits, Lori.  We have rightly discerned that you are a Judaiser. A legalist. A grace-less and hateful teacher of the law.

I could not be more disgusted that I used to call this "woman" a friend.

Lori, you ARE that woman - that false teacher that you constantly call out in your projected perversion.

It is you who needs a radical change of mind, which will result in a radical change of heart.

God. Have. Mercy. On YOU, Lori.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 12

7 hours ago, Briefly said:

Extremely ironic that Lori, of all people, is warning against false prophets.  Considering that she is one herself, after all.

Exactly!  I have noticed that a lot of "false prophets" do this.  Lori, once again, proves that she has no filter, no compassion, and no love in her heart.  She does/says the very things that Jesus warned the Pharisees NOT to do. 

The two greatest commandments, love God and love thy neighbor .. and Lori breaks the second every single day.  What you believe (doctrine/thinking) is more important than how you live for God (actions).  For many Evangelicals/Fundamentalists, Jesus primary, and only, function was to "save them" from Hell.  His teachings?  Not so much.  Paul is the main mover.   

Lori, I thought you were a narcissist.  I was wrong.  You are psychopathic.  You may not go out and physically murder people but you murder the soul.  You do great damage and bring shame to most Christians.  I doubt you will ever see the light and "repent" ... something you tell others to do daily.   I think you need professional help. 

Rachel Held Evans just passed away and you jumped on that very sad day ... THE SAME DAY ... you attacked her and implied she is going to Hell.  Now that is sick!!!!!  And for what?  Attention?  To go viral?  This thread's name has you down correctly ... DEMONIC!

Edited by Liza
sp, grammar corrections
  • Upvote 16
  • Love 6

One of the the verses I mentioned in my message to Ken was Matthew 18:6. Should Rachel's family read Lori's post it may cause them to stumble. Should years down the line her children read it, it may cause them to stumble. Every single person who is pushed away from Christianity because of this post will be on Lori's hands. 

Also she cannot for one minute say she didn't expect the comments she received. She also left up the vile comments calling Rachel names or saying she's in Hell. Lori's silence is approval, we all know it is. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 8

I know who Rachel is but haven’t read her work. I will now. NPR even has a story on it, and I saw lots of comments this morning from people saying they were going to look into her work. Many remarked on the contrast between Rachel and many other “Christians”.

I have seen posts from Ezer Rising,  the Salt Collective, the Christian Left, and various other people I follow lamenting her death and talking about her impact, her love for others, her willingness to just walk with people. It’s an incredible testament to what kind of person she was and I pray that her family finds those words to be of comfort in the future.

I would bet that Sarah Bessy and some others anticipated responses like the ones from Lori and I pray that they are able to close ranks on the family. I pray for strength for  those who move in to protect the family. 

One of the comments on TTW page was a link to a post from a pastor who likely wouldn’t agree with Rachel’s view- he simply posted about praying for the family, and provided a link to the Go Fund Me. 

Lori Alexander it is clear that you are jealous and bitter. You will never leave such a legacy behind- even your four children who “walk in truth” do so in ways that you would define as worldly if it weren’t your own family. All you do is twist Titus around to limit women in ways God never meant for us to be limited. Your definition of “biblical womanhood” is a man made conceptualization. Perhaps this Sunday you should go to church- one outside your comfort zone- and listen with open ears and an open heart. And maybe you will come to realize that the God I worship is MUCH bigger than the God you worship. 

• Upvote 17
  • Love 12

As an anti-Lori palate cleanser, here’s a beautiful tribute to Rachel Held Evans by Austin Channing Brown:

“Years ago- before trump. Before Black Lives Matter. When the nation was asking, “are we post-racial now?” and the church was asking “but can women really lead?” (especially if they say the word vagina) and the question “are you affirming?” was still being whispered in hushed tones, there was a woman named Rachel Held Evans. And Rachel was a woman of valor. Rachel believed in supporting black women before there was a hashtag. Way back when, she couldn’t get enough of @christenacleveland’s blog. Christena featured one of the first pieces I had ever written, and Rachel loved it. No one other than Christena knew my name. I had 3 followers. But she tracked down my email and asked if she could feature me on her blog. Of course I said yes. But she wasn’t done yet. When publishing houses started to express interest, I sent Rach a text- girl, what the hell am I supposed to say? And what do I ask? She gave me a list of questions to ask any publishing house or agent interested in my work. Her list gave me courage and made me sound far more competent than I actually was. But she wasn’t done yet. She decided to host a conference called Why Christian. There I met my hedge of protection and had my first speaking gig that could actually pay some bills. But she wasn’t done yet. She introduced me to her speaking agent. And then she introduced me to her literary agent. When I landed my first book contract she asked about my advance and my conversation with the publishing house because she wanted to make sure I was being treated fairly. And do you know she still wasn’t done. She answered every text, every question, every phone call. She checked on me when I was pregnant and after I gave birth. When she invited me to conferences it was always always always to be myself. She knew her audience was largely white, but she did not expect me to cater to their expectations. It was her expectation that I would always be myself and that I was more than enough. She made me laugh. She made me think. She didn’t just call me a woman of valor, she treated me like one. I hope to honor her investment in me. And I dread the day I forget she’s gone and try to call her.”

• Upvote 9
  • Love 27

11 hours ago, Caroline said:

I wonder if Lori is on the spectrum and really isn't able to process feelings appropriately.  It's the only charitable way I can think of to deal with how truly horrendous she is.  And the last guy - soooo much suffering in the world perpetrated by horrible dictators and murderers, and God decides to strike down a young wife and mother?  Because she doesn't agree with a book written thousands of years ago by HUMANS????  They are all nuts.

Absolutely not. One of my children is on the spectrum. He has feelings and emotions just like anyone else. Just because he doesn't always express them the same way as neurotypical people do doesn't mean he doesn't feel them and it definitely doesn't mean he pisses all over other people's feelings.

Lori is narcissistic and possibly has a personality disorder (not going to even remotely attempt to diagnose her via internet and don't have the qualifications to do so if I wanted to), but her grotesque cruelty has nothing whatsoever to do with the autism spectrum.

11 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

I just read the comments on Lori's FB page. She's evil, and her hateful spirit is on full display.  The bitch is desperate to go viral, and she's happy to jump on a dead woman to do it. 

She pissed all over her own mother's corpse (metaphorically speaking), so it's not at all surprising that she's doing this.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 4

@polecat, yes a thousand times. I know several adults who are on the spectrum, and they all mention a lifelong conscious effort to learn how to process and express emotions appropriately and to detect them in others.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

Makes me fucking sick that Lori attacked Rachel after the latter's untimely death. 

Lori really ought to go look at the fucking New T.  Especially this verse.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye. (Luke 6:41-42)

In other words, Lori, kindly take the fucking redwood out of your eye before you sit in judgment of Rachel or anyone else for that goddamn manner.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

@47of74, YES to that! And the verses surrounding it, which I was thinking about this morning.

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Lori says that Rachel led many astray. Well, get ready, Lori, because you are going to be measured with that same stick. How many women (or men) have you turned away from Christ? Hope you will be ready to answer to that when it's your time.

@Ken, go change the internet password. Get your wife a brain scan. I shudder to think that a human being could be this hateful without some reason.

• Upvote 18
  • Love 1

Sorry to hear about Rachel Held Evans, and sorry too for her husband and children.  I only have a passing knowledge of her writing, but her God is the kind of God I'd like to believe in.  Lori's God just makes me thankful to be atheist.

12 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Her crazy justification for her hateful post is that she is hoping to avoid anyone going to hell.  Non-believers will not be swayed by her mean, angry rants.

Exactly.  More flies with honey, Lori.  If she really does have a handle on how God wants us to live, and she really is trying to teach others and save souls (note that I believe neither, but for the sake of argument here), she's doing a crap-ass job of it.  Losing followers and getting herself blocked for her vileness and vitriol means fewer people will see her all-important message.  Causing people pain in the name of God is more likely to make them avoid and dislike God and Lori than draw them closer.  If she wants to teach (slightly ironic, since iirc she hated being a teacher and sabotaged her birth control to get out of it), she'd be more effective with better pedagogical methods.  If her goal is to save souls, she'd save more people by not driving them away.

All of which leads me to conclude that either she's too stupid to figure out how counterproductive her methods are, or she's not actually trying to teach and save, but is using those as a cover for being a spiteful, gleefully nasty shrew.

7 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Lori will be forgotten the minute her body is in the ground

I hate to take pleasure in any death, but I can't help thinking there will be a few people who do a happy little jig before forgetting Lori.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

RHE lead no one astray. People make up their own minds about what to believe, or not. Stupid, hateful, soul-less Lori Alexander was jealous that people liked her, plain and simple. Her empty brain just glosses right over critical comments, even those from her followers! Lori Alexander justifies her hateful shit because she is saving people from hell. Lori, I would rather be in hell than in heaven with the likes of you. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

If Lori is “full of grace,” then I’m the Pope.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Jesus always rebuked people in love. He wasn’t always nice, but he was nice to the right people. Jesus was also the son of god and was more than just another human. He was said to have lived a perfect life, which is why Christians are supposed to live like him. My question to Lori is what would Jesus do? He says to pick the speck out of your eye before helping your brother do the same. All humans sin, make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. Lori learns nothing. She is filled with nothing but hate for others. Her followers have done nothing but spew hate for a person they don’t know. They may know some of what she wrote but none of them truly know her. 

We have so many denominations of Christianity because everyone has their own interpretation of the Bible. No one knows which is true, or what religion or lake their of is true. We won’t know until we die. Instead of picking a fight with a dead person, pissing on her life, why not say nothing. Non believers that make their way to Lori’s page aren’t going to want to get saved. They are going to see a women that thinks it’s okay to piss on the dead. Someone that promotes marital rape and abuse. They aren’t going to see the love that Christ had for people. Lori isn’t even rebuking this women in any Christ like manor. If she really felt she had to say something she could have said something like: “it’s very sad that this mother and wife are leaving people behind. Two young children that may not remember her. While I don’t agree with what she taught I hope she made it to see our lord and Saviour Jesus who died for all of our sins.”

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

I just posted this on the Instagram page.  Let's see how fast she deletes it:

wallysmommy

Your post yesterday damning someone -- anyone -- to hell was lacking in truth in love. It was definitely not the kindest thing you could do. The kindest thing you could do is go to your prayer closet and pray for the family. These people do not know you, yet you chose the moment of their greatest grief to lash out like a bullwhip, tearing them to their very soul. I pray that they do not see your posts. You can say that you are trying to keep others from going down the wrong path, but no one is changed by someone using hateful words about another person. In fact, no one with an ounce of compassion as Christ had in their soul would want to be like you if this is how you exemplify Christianity. By the way, I have been a Christian for 50 years, and I have the gift of discernment. My spirit is grieved by the way you allow your emotions to drive your message instead of looking at the Bible for substantive (more than one verse) support. I pray that the family will forgive you as we are taught to forgive in the Lord's Prayer.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 22

Before it’s gone. Lori wouldn’t know anything about grace or love if it but her on the nose. 9B106563-8673-4E9A-8574-15160137A83D.thumb.png.3267f1ad6d9e2554922fde3c6e409ea5.png

• Upvote 7

At least that guy called out Lori on her shitty ass post. I think at the very least a few Lori followers are probably re-thinking what Lori's about. Some people have their limits when it comes to content.  

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Koala said:

All I can hear is Ken telling us that Lori is "full of grace"...

If that's grace, then I want nothing to do with it.  Lori's getting into Westboro level bullshit here.  No one in his/her right mind could defend her this time. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 10

I thought about messaging Ken about yesterday's post. But honestly, he doesn't care. He's as sick and twisted as she is. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

At least that guy called out Lori on her shitty ass post. I think at the very least a few Lori followers are probably re-thinking what Lori's about. Some people have their limits when it comes to content.  

Yeah, even some of her usual supporters are telling her she crossed the line on this one.  

Rachel has gone on to eternity. This is about compassion and respect for a grieving family.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

Lori is a hateful, mean, bitch. She has no heart and no grace. I know it's not the correct use of the derogatory term but thornback would be a great description of her. An ugly creature with a meanside (well all of her sides are mean).

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Today at church, during our Candles of Joy and Concern ceremony, I lit a candle for Rachel Held Evans. I mentioned her strength and kindness in reaching out to everyone and embracing intersectionality in the face of excoriation by legions of “Christians.”

• Upvote 12
  • Love 11

I had a thought while I was sitting outside...

I know not everyone here is a Christian, but I think it's safe to say that all you beautiful people here show more Christ-like love and concern to everyone than the one who claims to "teach what God says". Yes, we may disagree on things at times, but honestly, y'all are more like Christ than many so-called "Christians" and I think that's beautiful. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 33

On 4/22/2019 at 12:50 AM, Curious said:

Reputable rescues will not let a dog leave unvaccinated.  They generally almost immediately vaccinate any dog they have that does not have a reliable vet record (I did vaccinate my rescues rather than titering them unless I knew they were going to be permanent residents in our house).  The places that import dogs are not always ethical. Some shelters started doing this several decades ago because they did not have enough dogs in the shelters in some areas of the country.  It has become more common to transport dogs from high population areas of the country to lower population ones, though I'm sure some places still import dogs.

I remember my younger brother having the mumps at age 6. He was born in 1990 and was fully vaccinnated. He was miserable yet still managed to be the little troublemaker he was at that age.

As far as "importing" dogs, I've worked at any humane societies/shelters in Colorado and we import the shit out of dogs from states like OK, TX, etc. pretty much all over the south from full kill shelters, to our less crowded no ill shelters where there's tons of perspective adoptive puppy parents It works well and saves a lot of doggy lives and is all above the board. I don't know if people are talking about internationally importing dogs or not though.

• Upvote 4

• Georgiana locked this topic