IGNORED

Lori 65: The Demonic Agenda regarding Women

I'm talking about international rescue importing, which on the rise and has brought in a new strain of distemper, a new strain of canine flu, rabies positive dogs and one shelter brought in a group of brucellosis positive dogs. International imports are growing in popularity, taking room away from local dogs in need and dogs from southern states who could be brought in. I am all for northern states bringing up good sound adoptable dogs in from southern states. I'd love it if I could get some of mine at the shelter I work at on a transport up north. 

Edited by EowynW
  • Upvote 6

39 minutes ago, zee_four said:

As far as "importing" dogs, I've worked at any humane societies/shelters in Colorado and we import the shit out of dogs from states like OK, TX, etc. pretty much all over the south from full kill shelters, to our less crowded no ill shelters where there's tons of perspective adoptive puppy parents It works well and saves a lot of doggy lives and is all above the board. I don't know if people are talking about internationally importing dogs or not though.

I was speaking of importing dogs internationally.  I think it's great when "local" dogs are shipped from high population areas to the areas that actually need dogs for adoption.   We used to be on a transport list and help move dogs from rescues to their forever homes and moving dogs from overcrowded shelters to ones that had room/were no kill.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, polecat said:

Lori is narcissistic and possibly has a personality disorder (not going to even remotely attempt to diagnose her via internet and don't have the qualifications to do so if I wanted to), but her grotesque cruelty has nothing whatsoever to do with the autism spectrum.

She pissed all over her own mother's corpse (metaphorically speaking), so it's not at all surprising that she's doing this.

Yes, when her mother was in the last year or so of her life, Lori would say, "My mother, who is old and dying..."  It always seemed such a cold way to speak of her mother.  She quoted a psalm that says we're given a lifespan between 70 and 80 years and said her mother had been alive that long.  So, "Bye Felicia", I guess, huh?

Remember when she discussed a young pastor awhile back who had a terminal illness and said, "He'll be dead any day."?

I think she removed that sentence because she got a bunch of criticism.

Edited by kpmom
  • Upvote 10
  • WTF 5

At this point, I hope Facebook bans her as they've done with others who are full of hate.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

Today at church, during our Candles of Joy and Concern ceremony, I lit a candle for Rachel Held Evans. I mentioned her strength and kindness in reaching out to everyone and embracing intersectionality in the face of excoriation by legions of “Christians.”

I didn’t say it out loud at church this morning but I was definitely thinking of Rachel during the prayers at church this morning.
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 3

If Lori’s true intention with her post yesterday was to save the family from damnation then why didn’t she just write to them privately? More than likely the family doesn’t know who she is and probably won’t ever see the post, unless they search for it. 

Why is it that everyone calling Lori out on her post a cry baby or wrong. Someone pointed out that all of the bad people in the Bible had relatives that died and they were still in the Bible. The Bible was written years after everything happened and still continues to be edited to this day. No one wrote nasty things about the Pharisees and damned them right after someone they loved died. 

• Upvote 8

Lori needs to read Ecclesiastes chapter 3. Verse 7 in particular: "A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;"

Five hours after a woman has died is NOT the time to speak, Lori. In your case, and considering what you did say, it's NEVER the time to speak. 

Edited by Loveday
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 18

4 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Lori says that Rachel led many astray. Well, get ready, Lori, because you are going to be measured with that same stick. How many women (or men) have you turned away from Christ? Hope you will be ready to answer to that when it's your time.

If Rachel’s work drew people to God- towards relationship, towards prayer, towards seeking Him (as many comments I have read on FB have said), how exactly has she led people astray? I don’t understand Lori’s thought process. 

Lori, on the other hand, has turned people away- she’s the epitome of what many people have come to expect of “Christians”. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

Church was really hard today. I sing on the worship team and I started crying while singing "It Is Well." I cried during communion. It is a joy that she knew Jesus. It is a joy that God used her to led me back to Christ, so I can experience the fullness of God for the first time. She helped me believe that it was okay to have questions and that I am not going to hell because of these questions. I talked with one of my pastors about it and he said she was a great writer. It was unexpected. I explained all the hate that is coming from people. He said don't listen to them. My dad said they are going to get their reward and it's not the reward they want.

Last night, I was praying that God would do something about people like Lori. I prayed that God would reveal all the wrong that she has done, so she can repent. That will probably not happen if she is not looking to Jesus. I pray that she sees all the damage that she is doing. I can't bear her evil ways, so I have to give it to God and let Him take care of it. 

Edited by ColeJo
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 26

One of the most conservative pastors I know, a man borderline fundie and in his 70s, posted today on FB that he is disgusted with the “Christians”(his quotations, not mine) that are posting gleefully about her death or insinuating that now she knows how wrong she was.  He honestly really lambasted people.   I haven’t seen that much but I am not friends with the types of people he is.  Basically he said only God can judge and anyone who proclaims the Gospel, as she did, is his sister in christ—all the minor disagreements don’t matter.

He told people if they don’t like it to unfriend him.  Fortunately this is the Christian response I am seeing, but then I am not friends with the Loris of the world.

Someone else commented that she had been in the same homeschool group as RHE growing up, and that the families were all very legalistic. She wrote that many of the teens, now adults, had left Christianity all together.  She also wrote how many people she knew personally who had found a path to healing through RHE’s work.

Edited by sableduck
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 21

I wrote very bad things on her Facebook, I will probably be banned. ‘s OK, no loss there.  

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

Ewwwww Lori shared the same article my mother sent me a few weeks ago. No I don't want to "lay down my life" and martyr myself, thank you. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 5

When people say she led other's astray they mean, "she led others away from the extremely conservative and limited view I have of scripture". They're the type of people who gleefully kick people when they're down just so the suffering individual really understands "just how sinful they are". It's bullshit really. Somehow as a counselor, I feel like I'm able to help people make better choices all while not being an asshole. 

Summary of message from Ken: I'm sooo busy and I can't do anything because she's a sleep. She didn't mean any harm, she never does. How can she maybe change it in the future to be more sensitive? 

• Upvote 16
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 2

22 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

How can she maybe change it in the future to be more sensitive? 

Snort.  He doesn't give a crap if she changes.  He's just patting you on the head.  "there there   it will be better"  I mean - starving to death really isn't a bad way to die, and being molested is common and nothing to stress about , right!  Even though mothers are indispensable in the home, these kids don't deserve a mom or a thought, because their mom disagreed with Lori.   Ride that horse, Ken!

Edited by SweetLaurel
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

15 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

She didn't mean any harm, she never does. 

Bullshit.  I'm through with excuses for Lori. She meant plenty of harm, no question in my mind.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 17

Ken, you won't be able to stand in her place at the judgment seat of Christ as is part of your beliefs.  She will have to account for every hateful post on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, her blog.  God won't say "she didn't mean it."  He knows the thoughts and intents of the heart and he sees straight to her dark heart.  If Lori died today, would you be proud to have her posts read at her funeral as her legacy?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 11

"...be diligent to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace. And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability." ~2 Peter 3: 14-17

Sound familiar? Lori obviously doesn't have the fruit of a Christ Follower. She believes that the KJV Bible is all she needs to understand scripture. There is nothing wrong to discuss what the scriptures are saying, but she wouldn't consider doing that.

Edited by ColeJo
  • Upvote 11

Ken, reign your wife in. MY partner, who doesn’t claim to be in any sort of authority over me, would be telling me to take the post down if I posted something as hateful as what Lori has been posting and allowing on her page.

Lori is EXPLICITLY trying to teach men by saying she’s posting these vile screeds in the hope of saving Rachel’s husband from hell. This is in no way mentoring young women to love their husbands and children and keep their homes - there isn’t a word of sympathy for the wifeless husband, the motherless children, the home now without a keeper and the tragedy that is.

• Upvote 17
  • Love 7

Does Lori teach anything other than women should get married, have babies, and stay home?

• Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

725D29B7-7F7F-4A60-89FE-C07ACADF5C83.thumb.png.b4acea9eac33de7b4e9d0746fa2566ce.png

Topical Lori not knowing The Who of what she is posting. 

Of course Lori’s MRA fanboys aren’t to thank for her moment of viral fame. It went viral the moment she posted it. THE VERY MOMENT.

And Lori will get into bed with anyone if they echo her views then denounce them with vitriol the second they post something she doesn’t agree with (like a bible verse).

• Upvote 11

What is the point of Christians criticizing other Christians? This holier than thou nonsense is not useful. It is my understanding that Judaism does not teach anything about a burning hell. Jesus was a practicing Jew who likely did not believe in a burning hell either. It's just another manipulative ploy to control people with fear. I detest "religious" folks that do this. Hateful Christians who scoff at love like Lori Alexander does really, really disgust me.

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

Apologies if this post from Jen Hatmaker has already been shared but her words about her friend RHE are lovely and touch a bit on the pettiness and hatred coming from Lori and others  

E34FEE6F-1F25-4450-81EB-C88A2DC2FC64.jpeg.516509df1b0addddf17cc2b97dd27564.jpeg

60BD6816-C44A-43B4-987C-22CC65F5C9A7.jpeg.de8559ed017ba2c20b2e618d41b7fb82.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 23

12 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

What is the point of Christians criticizing other Christians? 

A meditation I read last night talked about how the more things person A and person B agree on, the more signifigance the points of disagreement become.  I mean, the differences between Protestants and Methodists are pretty minimal, and yet, any P or M who is reasonably knowledgable about their church's history and theology will be able to tell you, in excruciating detail, why the other guy is completely wrong.  Jews do the same thing.  The theological differences between the most liberal and the most traditional Jews amount to perhaps 5% of the total body of what Jews believe.  Yet you'd think we believed almost entirely different faiths from the way we get ourselves knotted up over the differences.  There are literal massaceres in Islamic history tied to which sect believed that other sect was totally completely wrong.  And that's just the big three monotheistic faiths that most people are generally familiar with!  Within every faith, the small differences between beliefs become hugely important because there's a part of the human psyche that wants everyone to seem to believe exactly the same thing.  

• Upvote 13

@OyHiOh I was just think along those lines. I'm exploring different denominations because it feels like the thing to do right for some reason.  And I've been to churches where I don't agree with everything tradition wise but I've learned to appreciate it and do my best to participate in the sacred. Sarah Bessey has been a wonderful example of finding peace and appreciation in the differences. So many people get caught up in the differences to the point of fear. They see it as a big unknown. When I told my grandma I tried an episcopal church she scolded me. I loved the service even if I don't agree with all of it. The similarities and time with brothers and sisters in Christ was what mattered.

People read Rachel and see her as being this scary thing bent on leading others astray. I never saw her preach against the Gospel. She did draw in thousands with her genuine warmth and kindness. People saw Christ in her. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

• Georgiana locked this topic