IGNORED

Alyssa & John 3: Modesty Make-Up

samurai_sarah

24 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

B, are you trying to scare poor satan to death?

I am trying to initiate her into the deeper and more interesting levels of FJ.  

If I was trying to scare her I'd mention JRod - even I won't go there unless summoned.

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If I was trying to scare her I'd mention JRod - even I won't go there unless summoned.

I kinda think of the Arndts as the Eternal Mystery. It will never be solved.

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Someone will solve it and it will be someone from FJ.  

They'll make a "hey, how about...." post and thunder will clap and the skies will open and we'll all know we're in the presence of the one truth.

Seriously, though...when I was a kid I was taught that when you go to heaven you'll get all the answers to everything you didn't understand on earth.  So help me, if there is an afterlife when I die where ever I end up going I'm not unpacking until someone explains the Arndts to me.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
because my fingers don't understand rules of apostrophes.
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 12

On 5/16/2019 at 1:39 PM, formergothardite said:

I get it. They are pretty people who have pretty babies and take pretty instagram pictures. So much fun to constantly post the cute pictures and discuss clothing than to look behind the pretty to discuss the real damage this family and people like them do. It is easier to act that they are some how less dangerous now that they no longer dress weird. 

I just caught this comment. Can't the fangirls here do this stuff on the various annoying #superficialtwit Bateseseseses social media rather than a place where were are supposed to be making fun of the #superficialtwits and their ridiculous and abusive belief system?

14 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Someone will solve it and it will be someone from FJ.  

They'll make a "hey, how about...." post and thunder will clap and the skies will open and we'll all know we're in the presence of the one truth.

Seriously, though...when I was a kid I was taught that when you go to heaven you'll get all the answers to everything you didn't understand on earth.  So help me, if there is an afterlife when I die where ever I end up going I'm not unpacking until someone explains the Arndts to me.

You know I would kiss that Arndt I think is hot - Luke I think. I get them all confused at this point. I can solve his mysteries.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

You know I would kiss that Arndt I think is hot - Luke I think. I get them all confused at this point. I can solve his mysteries.

Yes, it is Luke.  I know your Arndt of choice yet I can never remember which of my kids hates cheesecake.

You like the bad boys, he's the mean one.  

5 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

This Arndt

image.thumb.png.3de63b3ccca04564a095371a15d04eb5.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=eb941d1cec36b5e7imageproxy.php?img=&key=eb941d1cec36b5e7

LOLOL - he's the one who looks the most like Rick.  Maybe you've got some latent Vine Valley longings of your own...perhaps a need to tenderly bathe a pumpkin?  Or help him with an upper thigh injury from a fall in the woods?

Btw the speed with which you got that pic up....my hat is off to you!

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 12

11 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yes, it is Luke.  I know your Arndt of choice yet I can never remember which of my kids hates cheesecake.

You like the bad boys, he's the mean one.  

LOLOL - he's the one who looks the most like Rick.  Maybe you've got some latent Vine Valley longings of your own...perhaps a need to tenderly bathe a pumpkin?  Or help him with an upper thigh injury from a fall in the woods?

Btw the speed with which you got that pic up....my hat is off to you!

Since the new website went up I can't find the bestest pic of Luke. Man, he is getting old and virginy.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Man, he is getting old and virginy.

Watch it, so am I.

(virginity 2.0, but still)

• Haha 9

Jeans don't make anybody less fundie. But when Alyssa, at age 19, decided to change her style completely, wearing exactly all the clothes she had been raised against, it was a refreshing thing to see. 

If Mary Maxwell posted a picture in shorts, in a cruise, telling the world that she loves swimming pool, I would understand posters being happy for her (little) rebellion.

Of course, once it's done and becomes normal, it doesn't worth a comment. 

Same with the first fundie kid going to a normal school, or the first in renting an appartment as a single person etc. 

Regarding empty comments about nice outfits and cute kids, it's true that we should avoid. What I mean is that sometimes, pictures are shocking exactly because the outfit, and it is worth a comment. (No, Alyssa's dresses do not need more comments, we are over haha).

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

9 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

But there is actual news there for a change.  Some of the Arndt man-boys may be moving and Safe Next Door. 

• Haha 6

I appreciated this discussion. I’ve posted a couple name guesses recently, mostly just because I always enjoy guessing what people are going to name their babies, especially if they’ve done weird names in the past. But I can see how that contributes to a superficiality in the threads. And I’m going to think a bit more before I just decide to pile on.

While I have spent time reading the  lesser known family threads, sometimes I use fj as a bit of an escape from my stresses which results in more chatty posts when there isn’t a recent action needing calling out. If I’m not looking to comment on the main mission of highlighting and calling out the hurtful and hateful beliefs, then I should go hang out in the wide world of snark or somewhere similar. 

• Upvote 8

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:14 PM, VelociRapture said:

I did my part by creating the Family Summary threads. I was hoping it’d be a great resource for people looking to learn more about the families and their actual beliefs. Unfortunately I don’t think that’s been the case, which is somewhat disheartening. I haven’t updated either in a while partly for that reason and partly because I have a lot of other stuff to deal with right now. Same with trying to discuss their actual beliefs on these threads when others have made it clear they aren’t interested in that. I just honestly don’t have the heart or energy to argue about it endlessly. 

Having the threads freeze due to a lack of new discussion isn’t the worst thing in the world by the way. People can always check out other parts of the site instead. We don’t need constant discussion in every single thread for the site to remain functional or interesting. 

I love the Family Summary threads. They are a great source of information and in an easy to find place. Its a great way to start when going into the different family threads because there are so many people in each family. I liked going into the Maxwell family section and being able to start by reading up on the family. Who's who and important details in the family. Its a good place to start when branching out into other families. I wish every family had a summery that was updated regularly. I realize how difficult that can be. There's so many and each with so many kids and most are growing fast. But I really appreciate them.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

8 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

I wish every family had a summery that was updated regularly.

Are you volunteering to do some?  :) 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, theotherelise said:

I appreciated this discussion. I’ve posted a couple name guesses recently, mostly just because I always enjoy guessing what people are going to name their babies, especially if they’ve done weird names in the past.

Nothing wrong with guessing baby names but we have a whole thread dedicated to just that on the Duggar forum.  Guessing Bates baby names there is allowed too.  And it makes things so much easier for @Carm_88.  

10 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

I wish every family had a summery that was updated regularly.

Watch out, duck, run away and hide ... quick!  

Saying nice things like that often gets you put to work on FJ.  Ask me how I know.

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Told you so.  Sorry @JordynDarby5 I was too late with my warning.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, theotherelise said:

I appreciated this discussion. I’ve posted a couple name guesses recently, mostly just because I always enjoy guessing what people are going to name their babies, especially if they’ve done weird names in the past. But I can see how that contributes to a superficiality in the threads. And I’m going to think a bit more before I just decide to pile on.

While I have spent time reading the  lesser known family threads, sometimes I use fj as a bit of an escape from my stresses which results in more chatty posts when there isn’t a recent action needing calling out. If I’m not looking to comment on the main mission of highlighting and calling out the hurtful and hateful beliefs, then I should go hang out in the wide world of snark or somewhere similar. 

I've done that too. I love guessing on baby names whether its Fundies, Royals, celebrities or family and friends. I love FJ for the discussion on Fundies, harmful stuff, cults, abortion and all of the different topics. Its fun to one minute be discussing Nicholas and Alexandra and the next different recipes and the next discussing books. I've learned a lot about fundies and other harmful groups here as well as recipes and other parts of the world. Its also a great escape and distraction from problems in my life and my medical problems. There's just so much going on its nice to just take a break and see what's going on FJ, join a discussion or just read. Its also been helpful when the pain is bad, I need something to focus on that I can just come here and read several different threads until it passes or gets the point I can sleep.   

13 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Nothing wrong with guessing baby names but we have a whole thread dedicated to just that on the Duggar forum.  Guessing Bates baby names there is allowed too.  And it makes things so much easier for @Carm_88.  

Watch out, duck, run away and hide ... quick!  

Saying nice things like that often gets you put to work on FJ.  Ask me how I know.

Told you so.  Sorry @JordynDarby5 I was too late with my warning.

I really wish I could but I just can't not with my medical problems. They wear me out too much and too many flare ups that keep me away from FJ for long periods of time.  

• Upvote 4
  • Love 9

15 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Oh, but I have been in the JRod thread already!  Started in on her about a month ago and have been catching up.

Started back at the first Safe at Home thread for the Arndts & have dipped my toes into the Maxwells.   

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1

22 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Good suggestion. I have recently been expanding my explorations into the other families.  I am still interested in the Duggars & Bates because they are not only fundie, but also are in the public eye and have the potential to be influential. However, I do get tired of the seemingly endless guesses about baby names & birth dates, as well as boutique pics (and yes, I am guilty of having participated in that, along with oohing cute babies). I'm trying to learn more in the other forums now.

This has been a very interesting discussion.  Lots to think about.

I might need to start looking at other boards beyond the Duggars and Bates ones. I, too, am tired of the endless posts speculating about baby names, pregnancies, and birth dates. It is all a bit much.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

@HerNameIsBuffy is there a family summary on the Ardnts? I admit I was searching them out on my phone instead of the computer, so I might of overlooked it. I was trying to go down the rabbit hole because I’d never even heard of them and already they seem so very weird, but even when I went all the way back (or as back as i thought I could go), I was still struggling to figure out what was going on there. 

I hang out mostly on the Duggar/Bates threads because that’s where I feel like I know best what’s going on, and I’m familiar with all the folks. PP gives me nightmares literally so I tend to avoid the Andersons. I like to lurk on JRod but don’t contribute much because shes so extra her threads usually move super fast and I get left behind. Maxwells I check occasionally with diminishing hope that Sarah might have found a beau but otherwise yawn. 

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Oh, but I have been in the JRod thread already!  Started in on her about a month ago and have been catching up.

Started back at the first Safe at Home thread for the Arndts & have dipped my toes into the Maxwells.   

The Maxwells actually brought me here. I am not sure how I found them but it was on a long and boring car trip sometime in 2011. The Mean Girls group on here was so intimidating that I did not even try to make an account for a long time. Then the day I got my gumption up turned out to be the very same day that the Alecto/owner drama happened and the forum closed to new members.

The good thing with the Maxwells is that the blog and the Corners provide a fairly comprehensive record and some of the old things like Teri's MOTH forum can still be googled. Oddly, some old blog stories, like Nathan's wedding, now suffer from dead links. A couple of broken engagements have been scrubbed at this point, but little mentions of "Sarah" (Chris' failed engagement) are still hidden in comments!

16 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

@HerNameIsBuffy is there a family summary on the Ardnts? I admit I was searching them out on my phone instead of the computer, so I might of overlooked it. I was trying to go down the rabbit hole because I’d never even heard of them and already they seem so very weird, but even when I went all the way back (or as back as i thought I could go), I was still struggling to figure out what was going on there. 

I hang out mostly on the Duggar/Bates threads because that’s where I feel like I know best what’s going on, and I’m familiar with all the folks. PP gives me nightmares literally so I tend to avoid the Andersons. I like to lurk on JRod but don’t contribute much because shes so extra her threads usually move super fast and I get left behind. Maxwells I check occasionally with diminishing hope that Sarah might have found a beau but otherwise yawn. 

Cathy and Rick Arndt are former  Catholics who now worship at the Church of Rick. They have 13 boys and one girl. All the "children" are actually adults, some nearing 40, who still live at home and work in Rick's court reporting business and/or a wedding photography business. They love baseball and have hosted the Arndt Softball Classic for years, though it is not as big a deal as it used to be. They have a fetish for stuffed penguins. Cathy has worn nothing but white shorts for literally decades. She must have several hundred pairs. Mark has alopecia. Luke is the cutest Arndt. Rick drives around in his car and records strange messages to his adoring public (does anyone besides us ever listen?) that he posts on the FamTeam website. Not a single male Arndt has ever been known to date. Ever. Not one. Neither has the lone girl, Mary-Elizabeth. There have been some legit specials and TV shows featuring Ardnts but Rick and the boys used to make their own odd TV series called Safe at Home and FamTeam variously

Rick fancies himself a filmmaker and has been working with his family on a magnum opus entitled Vine Valley for about 65 years. They are constantly having to refilm most of the movie because Rick can't finish it and since it stars himself and Cathy, scenes from 35 years ago don't exactly match current scenes. Most of us expect to be dead before Rick finishes Vine Valley.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

13 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

is there a family summary on the Ardnts? I admit I was searching them out on my phone instead of the computer, so I might of overlooked it.

Not that I can find but:

https://fundamentalists.fandom.com/wiki/Arndt_Family

The Arndt family has 14 children from parents Rick and Cathy Arndt. They were the subject of an episode of the show Kids by the Dozen. They run Safe at Home Ministries, which features a church, a softball tournament, and two online shows.

Thirteen boys and one girl.  All still Safe At Home.  Only one still a minor and the oldest boy-men now pushing 40.  The eternal mystery is why no-one has ever left the nest.  Yet.  We live in hope.

A joyful crap-fest of Godliness, soft ball, stuffed penguins, lego, and strange birthday celebrations in the parental bedroom where they were all conceived.

And they all talk funny.  It is probably a regional accent but everyone notices it.

And Vine Valley.  The endless movie that will never see the light of day.

A search here on Arndt will pull up many threads.  I will ready some rescue ferrets for you.

• Upvote 10

32 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

I'll look and see if we have one - if not I can whip up a cliff notes version tonight.

Be warned...there is softball and the tender bathing of pumpkins.  Also penguins who fly on drones.  And weird birthday rituals.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

'll look and see if we have one - if not I can whip up a cliff notes version tonight.

Don't worry Nellie already wrote an excellent one:.  See above.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

42 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Luke is the cutest Arndt.

I love how you just throw this in as a fact we all need to accept. ?

And to add about the Arndts--to make things even weirder, they are actually good at what they do. Some of them are court reporters. Others do wedding photography and video and have a pretty impressive portfolio and stay on top of developments in their field. They do not suffer from Fundie mediocrity. They had pretty solid homeschool educations and technical training in their respective careers. They probably make decent money. They regularly mix with non-Fundie people (and women!).

We all need to know what sort of spell Cathy and Rick have cast. 

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 1

Thanks @Palimpsest, @nelliebelle1197, and everyone else. People with weird obsessions are a favorite. So wild making and remaking a movie starring yourselves for so many years. This is definitely one for me. 

Edited by lizzybee
  • Upvote 7

8 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

The Maxwells actually brought me here. I am not sure how I found them but it was on a long and boring car trip sometime in 2011. The Mean Girls group on here was so intimidating that I did not even try to make an account for a long time. Then the day I got my gumption up turned out to be the very same day that the Alecto/owner drama happened and the forum closed to new members.

The good thing with the Maxwells is that the blog and the Corners provide a fairly comprehensive record and some of the old things like Teri's MOTH forum can still be googled. Oddly, some old blog stories, like Nathan's wedding, now suffer from dead links. A couple of broken engagements have been scrubbed at this point, but little mentions of "Sarah" (Chris' failed engagement) are still hidden in comments!

Cathy and Rick Arndt are former  Catholics who now worship at the Church of Rick. They have 13 boys and one girl. All the "children" are actually adults, some nearing 40, who still live at home and work in Rick's court reporting business and/or a wedding photography business. They love baseball and have hosted the Arndt Softball Classic for years, though it is not as big a deal as it used to be. They have a fetish for stuffed penguins. Cathy has worn nothing but white shorts for literally decades. She must have several hundred pairs. Mark has alopecia. Luke is the cutest Arndt. Rick drives around in his car and records strange messages to his adoring public (does anyone besides us ever listen?) that he posts on the FamTeam website. Not a single male Arndt has ever been known to date. Ever. Not one. Neither has the lone girl, Mary-Elizabeth. There have been some legit specials and TV shows featuring Ardnts but Rick and the boys used to make their own odd TV series called Safe at Home and FamTeam variously

Rick fancies himself a filmmaker and has been working with his family on a magnum opus entitled Vine Valley for about 65 years. They are constantly having to refilm most of the movie because Rick can't finish it and since it stars himself and Cathy, scenes from 35 years ago don't exactly match current scenes. Most of us expect to be dead before Rick finishes Vine Valley.

Omfg are you making this shit up? Get me to that rabbit hole. They make the duggars look sane! Shut the front door... 

anyone who isn’t acquainted with fundies would not believe a word of any of that... 

me, I’m like let me at them. 

I wAnt to dive into jill rod but fear I wont get what everyone is talking about (back stories)! 

Might do these guys instead. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic