IGNORED

Alyssa & John 3: Modesty Make-Up

samurai_sarah

48 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

It makes me laugh to think of them handing their phone to some church member each Sunday - like they are tourists standing in front of the Eiffel Tower looking for a stranger to take their pics.

But if you don't coordinate, pose for pictures and post them on social media are you even going to church?!  In the book of Frivolity 3:21 it says, "Then Jesus addressed the crowd and said "Just as I spend Sabbath morning ensuring as many people as possible know what I am wearing to temple services, so must you do the same." 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 35
  • Love 1

Just now, amster said:

I’m calling it now, I think Alyssa is pregnant again

Oh man I hope not especially since she just went through that surgery  but it wouldn't surprise me Zoey is over a year old 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, amster said:

I’m calling it now, I think Alyssa is pregnant again

Unless she was in immediate danger/life threatening situation, they tend not to do surgery on pregnant women... meaning she'd be so early on right now if she were pregnant I'm not even sure she'd know yet. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

She very recently said she's not pregnant...so if she is now she might not even know it yet.  But with fundies if you always guess they're pregnant you'll be right one of these days!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

21 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Kind of surprising since I think JB had a hell of a lot more hustle in him (pre-TV days) than Gil ever did.

I think the Bates’ kids learned  both the pros and cons of having a lackluster provider. The Duggars, not so much. And while both families might be brainwashed in the religious beliefs department, I think the Duggars are far more stunted in the “how the real world works” arena. JB is far more cunning than Gil, IMHO. Duggar limited and controlled his kids to a fault. This is an example of money working against people.

17 hours ago, Casserole said:

Unless she was in immediate danger/life threatening situation, they tend not to do surgery on pregnant women... meaning she'd be so early on right now if she were pregnant I'm not even sure she'd know yet. 

Um, SVT has to be treated, period. Surgery probably being less risky than exposure to medications in early pregnancy.

• Upvote 6

I don’t think she is pregnant right now. I’m hoping she gives her body at least 2-3 months. Correct me if I’m wrong, but did let she say something like, they will know it worked if it doesn’t come back within 30 days?  

Id be pretty surprised if we see any announcement form the Webster’s before late summer or fall. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

22 hours ago, formergothardite said:

But if you don't coordinate, pose for pictures and post them on social media are you even going to church?!  In the book of Frivolity 3:21 it says, "Then Jesus addressed the crowd and said "Just as I spend Sabbath morning ensuring as many people as possible know what I am wearing to temple services, so must you do the same." 

And if you don't post church pictures with you and your family dressed up, how will others know that you are #blessed?

21 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

But with fundies if you always guess they're pregnant you'll be right one of these days!

Cough... cough... Pickles?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

On 4 May 2019 at 3:11 AM, Ivycoveredtower said:

right I do think Alyssa loves her children but right now she's got three four and under and she's struggling and she has health issues and I think that's when many people would step back and say is it a good idea to have more kids, in Alyssa's case I don't think it is, one her health issues and the strain another pregnancy could put on her body just that scares me, then there is the fact that Alyssa seems like a people person yet is stuck in a house with 3 kids all day. then their is her clothes makeup ect... Alyssa needs to be perfect always the best clothes, makeup on kids coordinated. how is she going to realistically keep that going with more and more kids, 

yet I don't see her stopping because that's just not what they do. I mean I know she said they would stop if four was another girl. (Doubt it) but when BUB first came out she said she could handle ten and no way that girl can handle ten kids. she'll have a break down before that. 

She may have no choice but to stop due to her heart issues. The op she had will hopefully solve the problem but having another baby could well re start the problem. My niece ( I mentioned before) had baby number 4 after having a second op, she then needed a third op.  She was told NO MORE. Hubs had a vasectomy. Yes Alyssa may be ok but it's almost guaranteed that she has been told enough. 

Edited by Gobsmacked
Spell
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

She may have no choice but to stop due to her heart issues. The op she had will hopefully solve the problem but having another baby could well re start the problem. My niece ( I mentioned before) had baby number 4 after having a second op, she then needed a third op.  She was told NO MORE. Hubs had a vasectomy. Yes Alyssa may be ok but it's almost guaranteed that she has been told enough. 

I would hope she would listen to what a doctors says especially since she has a 50% chance of recurrence but I just don't see Alyssa stopping until she gets that elusive boy. 

• Upvote 2

Alyssa posted an Instagram story where she is showing snack foods for her children, but then goes on to show a separate snack bin for Allie's school snacks. I'm leaning towards her actually going to a legitimate brick-and-mortar preschool. Why would she have separate snacks otherwise for just one child when the others are home as well?

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Alyssa posted an Instagram story where she is showing snack foods for her children, but then goes on to show a separate snack bin for Allie's school snacks. I'm leaning towards her actually going to a legitimate brick-and-mortar preschool. Why would she have separate snacks otherwise for just one child when the others are home as well?

I don’t think they’d send her to an actual preschool. John’s dad is a huge homeschool advocate from what I can remember. I think a possibility is that  Allie goes to homeschool co-op with her cousins?

I do wish these girls would get the chance to go to proper school though. Alyssa seems like a pretty good mom but she’s definitely not equipped to teach her children imo. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

It would surprise me if Alyssa and John send Allie to a real preschool but I do agree it is odd that she would have specific school snacks if she didn't go somewhere outside of the home. A co-op would be a possibility, though the few I know of for preschool generally have a class snack that people take turns providing but that could just be there area of the country the co-ops are at, since quite a few preschools provide snack in the same area. 

Really though, even a co-op could be a good thing for the Webster children, if it exposes them to more than they would learn in their home. 

• Upvote 10

5 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Alyssa homeschools. I wouldn't be surprised if Allie goes to a fundie co-op or a sunday school but not to a normal school and not in a daily basis. Frankly, I'm sure Alyssa would loooove to send kids to school (in order to work more hours or to have quiet time), but Senior Websters are against it. 

11 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I would hope she would listen to what a doctors says especially since she has a 50% chance of recurrence but I just don't see Alyssa stopping until she gets that elusive boy. 

While it's possible that she has more children, I'm not sure she really thrives for a boy. She said girls are "too much drama" but she enjoys the girly thing. I very much doubt she would be happy with a very active/rough boy. 

Alyssa is lucky. Allie (in a natural or in a bit forced way, who knows) is a mini-Alyssa and they are bonded. The 2 little ones are quiet babies, which make motherhood relatively easy. Adding a couple Jebs and Judsons or even a tomboy girl would make Alyssa mad. 

• Upvote 6

In the south (parts of FL included), public schools are very conservative. The popular kids are the good Christian ones who's parents pretty much run the place, the PTA, and the board of education. It makes no sense for them to keep their kids out of schools.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

Last time they asked Alyssa said that she was homeschooling and it was not that long ago. It would be strange to start Allie in school on the middle of the school year.

• Upvote 3

I think Alyssa would love to have a boy.  I also think there's some common sense between her and John, so they'd be inclined to follow a doctor's advice.

On 5/6/2019 at 10:32 AM, SassyPants said:

Um, SVT has to be treated, period. Surgery probably being less risky than exposure to medications in early pregnancy.

I am aware it needs to be treated. 

Treatment in pregnant patients is still typically not surgery, see recommended treatment guidelines below. 

http://www.onlinejacc.org/content/67/13/e27/T20

• Upvote 2

Alyssa is shilling for Just fab on her stories and she is trying on the clothes, she puts on a pink dress she says she's going to wear on Sunday and I about burst out laughing thinking run John run. ?

• Haha 5

I caught the school snacks photo too. Unless she pulls out specific snacks for Allie during school work, seems interesting. She won’t be 5 for the 2019-2020 school year so she still has another school year before true kindergarten age. I would be very surprised if she sent them anywhere for pk-3rd grade. Middle and high school? Time will tell

• Upvote 2

On 4/21/2019 at 4:38 PM, front hugs > duggs said:

Sorry for that empty quote box... 2nd time it has happened.

I'm wondering if Alyssa is allowing Allie 'school snacks' as motivation for Allie... that she's growing up and 'going to' school and gets something special for it. It could also be for motivation for the younger ones once they are old enough to care... "hey, Allie has school and gets special snacks, I can't wait to be in school..." It might have been a tip in her materials packet.

• Upvote 18

42 minutes ago, Bobology said:

I'm wondering if Alyssa is allowing Allie 'school snacks' as motivation for Allie... that she's growing up and 'going to' school and gets something special for it. It could also be for motivation for the younger ones once they are old enough to care... "hey, Allie has school and gets special snacks, I can't wait to be in school..." It might have been a tip in her materials packet.

This crossed my mind as well. I'm curious if she'll specify "school" with Allie in the future.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Bobology said:

If true that seems like a clever idea.

I heard you can homeschool young children and simultaneously have them in school for a day or two in the US? I doubt they do it at this point but they could probably get away with having them in a Christian school for one day. I still hope they realise that Alyssa is not equipped for real academic education and sign Allie up for a real school at one point.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

If true that seems like a clever idea.

I heard you can homeschool young children and simultaneously have them in school for a day or two in the US? I doubt they do it at this point but they could probably get away with having them in a Christian school for one day. I still hope they realise that Alyssa is not equipped for real academic education and sign Allie up for a real school at one point.

It probably varies by state, but here you can primarily homeschool and send your children to public school for some classes. It is pretty common here for homeschooled kids to go to school for electives or after school sports. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

16 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

It is pretty common here for homeschooled kids to go to school for electives or after school sports. 

I grew up going to a small, private, (formerly Christian) high school. We didn't have a big enough student body for a football team (there were just under 300 students in the high school). So, the 5-10 boys who wanted to play football joined a team comprised of homeschooled kids. They would play against larger, public schools. 

• Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic