IGNORED

Josiah & Lauren 13: Drift, Duggars, Drift (Miscarriage Content Warning)

Jellybean

1 hour ago, xenobia said:

I'm curious about the name Asa. For a scandinavian like me, it sounds like Åsa (quite common first name here), but I think that might be just a coincidence. Does anyone know more about that name? 

Asa is a biblical name.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

On 5/19/2019 at 6:52 AM, xenobia said:

There's a lot of speculation on Instagram about the second picture in this post. You can see a lot of Duggar girls out on a restaurant, and people think that it looks like Lauren has a baby bump. I have no idea if she's pregnant or not. We'll find out. 

Where is Joy? She's the only sister not there, and Jill is her sistermom. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

What better way to push the "abortion is murder" idea than to blather on about BABY #2? Ugh.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

“Baby #2”, huh. 

And this still isn’t pro life propaganda? 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Why did Lauren lie around Easter time and respond to a commenter who asked if she was pregnant by saying “Someone just made that up”?

Why did Lauren wait to announce after Mother’s Day?

I don’t remember the circumstances around Lauren saying “someone just made that up” but if that’s all she said, she didn’t truly deny it. She basically just said the person who said it doesn’t have any info. Now, if she actually said no, she isn’t pregnant, then everything I said is null and void.

As for Mother’s Day, maybe she was waiting to hit a certain gestational age? 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

At least in their theology! There are a lot of other fundies out there who think that the Duggars are being immodest by not having a covering over their hair. :pb_lol: I actually don't think the verses make much sense unless Paul was talking about a cloth head covering, not just hair.

I'm actually surprised how little discussion there has been on FJ about their hair, considering how extensively pants have been discussed. There's a Biblical reason for their long hair and none of them have deviated from that yet.

Edit: From wikipedia: "The majority of Biblical scholars have held that "verses 4-7 refer to a literal veil or covering of cloth" for "praying and prophesying" and verse 15 to refer to long hair of a woman for modesty."

It's also worth mentioning that a literal head covering for women in church was the norm for most of Christian history until fairly recently.

I talk about fundie long hair sometimes on FJ. I always thought Jinger would be the first to chop off her hair. 

• Upvote 3

I feel bad snarking on the name giving the circunstances but really hoping its a special choice since they didnt know the gender, kinda like Jubilee, and they will choose something more normal for the second baby.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Kelsey said:

Well, there goes my theory that they wouldn't refer to it as baby #2. That's awkward af. Do you keep it up so that in 20 years you're still explaining how you are on baby #40 but only have 39 kids?

The correct Fundie terminology is 34 children here on earth and 6 in heaven.

48 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

Some of the women at the IBLP family camp had on head coverings in the pictures the Duggars posted on their main blog. Some of the families covered elsewhere on FJ do practice head covering during worship (and some more than that), I believe. I cannot remember who right now. I remember stumbling upon this site back when I first learned that: https://www.headcoveringmovement.com/ RC Sproul is featured in a quote on the front. 

Someone who did a distance rule during courtship and maybe just got married was always wearing a head covering. 

The 7 farmgirl sisters all used to wear head coverings, although some have stopped.  So did the Seppis.  And Elizabeth Frazer, engaged to Michael Staddon, is a headcoverer.  Not sure about the 6 inch ruler with any of them.

But, oh my, have there been weddings I missed!   Staddon weddings are always snarkfests.  :)

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

I'm guessing that she's 16 weeks with a due date of around November 4. 

And I struggle with them making such a huge deal out of this is BABY #2. I don't know why it makes me feel weird. It is her second pregnancy but for me it's not baby #2. JMHO

There’s another fundie woman who talks about her miscarriages a lot. She claims to have like 28 babies because she includes all her losses over the years. She bothers me because it’s like a competition or something. We know some fundies do make baby making a competition. I don’t think Lauren is doing that. I just think fundies have a culture of counting every single pregnancy as a child they had. Fundies see miscarriages as exactly the same as their 10 year old kid because of their anti-abortion stances. I think that’s likely what bothers many people. Yes, it’s a loss. I will never discount that. But it’s not exactly the same as losing a 10 year old kid and therefore abortion is not exactly the same as killing a 10 year old kid. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4

12 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Where is Joy? She's the only sister not there, and Jill is her sistermom. 

Maybe she was busy with Carlin wedding related things? Like last minute preparative? 

• Upvote 2

The baby number 2 thing is weird to me. I've lost two pregnancies, one before both of my successful pregnancies. We did name both of those babies as they both had heartbeats we had heard before the ultimately stopped. However, we never called our children baby #2 and baby #4, yes they were our 2nd and 4th pregnancies but they are our 1st and 2nd babies. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 13

3 hours ago, Lurky said:

ETA Just saw the announcement - it's not even like holding ourselves back from zooming in on photos etc would have delayed any conversation we had for a few days.  I don't want any more soldiers for the cult born, but I really hope this is a healthy and happy pregnancy for her.

Yeah, I generally don't weigh in on the pregnancy speculation debate, but principles aside, I've never really gotten the interest in figuring out if they're pregnant. These aren't private people who wait until the baby is born to let us know they were pregnant. At most we're beating them to the punch by a week or so.

I could understand if Jessa Seewald were walking around seven months along with her belly button popping out like the Sears Tower and we all were supposed to sit on our hands and not acknowledge it. 

Edited by nausicaa
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Why did Lauren lie around Easter time and respond to a commenter who asked if she was pregnant by saying “Someone just made that up”?

Why did Lauren wait to announce after Mother’s Day?

It was Si, not Lauren, who made the comment.  He was referring to the Wikipedia entry that they were expecting a child in Nov.  No one outside the family would know at that point, so it was ‘made up’.  That’s why I suspected she was pregnant again...he didn’t say she wasn’t pregnant.

As for not announcing on Mother’s Day, they simply may not have been ready yet for a number of reasons.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

I wasn't surprised that they were expecting again, especially since she was wearing Jinger's maternity dress in that one picture. Hopefully this pregnancy is easy and the birth goes well. 

As for the due date, I would assume that it would be in late November or early December, since Josh and Anna's is #16 and due sometime in November (November 22nd is the date that Duggar Data is using) and Josiah and Lauren's is #17, so it would have to be due after that.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

It was Si, not Lauren, who made the comment.  He was referring to the Wikipedia entry that they were expecting a child in Nov.  No one outside the family would know at that point, so it was ‘made up’.  That’s why I suspected she was pregnant again...he didn’t say she wasn’t pregnant.

As for not announcing on Mother’s Day, they simply may not have been ready yet for a number of reasons.

We could have announced on Mother’s Day, but we purposely chose to wait the extra week. It can be an extremely difficult day for a lot of people - those who have lost their mothers, those who don’t have relationships with their mothers, those who have lost pregnancies, those who have lost children, those struggling to conceive, those struggling with infertility... the more husband and I thought about it the less comfortable we were with announcing it that specific day. Announcing it publicly at anytime could be difficult for some people to see, but it just seemed like a particularly loaded day to announce on and we didn’t want to cause additional pain to anyone accidentally. Perhaps Lauren and Si waited to announce for a similar reason. Or it’s possible they wanted to wait until after Lauren turned 20, as John and Alyssa Webster did when they announced her first pregnancy. Or it’s possible they wanted to wait until she was further alone to feel more confident about this pregnancy sticking around. 

So yeah. Lots of reasons they might have opted to wait. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

29 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Maybe she was busy with Carlin wedding related things? Like last minute preparative? 

According to Jessica Ballinger’s (Bobby’s mom) Facebook, Joy was in Silver Dollar City last week, so maybe it was that day.

Spoiler

632ACEF1-B6D6-4F50-BD7E-1B1B4560AD86.thumb.jpeg.3ad7df051372114fd6968ee221632480.jpeg

• Thank You 4

Couldn't this be the "missing" baby mentioned by Michelle in Anna's pregnancy announcement? I also think she's due in October or early November.

As rabid as their pro-life views, and as weird as baby#2 sounds to me in this instance, they are being very consistent with their worldview and its still very nice of Josiah to write that instagram post, knowing Lauren was pregnant again but still supporting the grief she (they) very clearly felt over, in their view, baby #1.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

JB&M referred to M6 as #16 (at least that they presumably knew about at the time), and we know Threewald is #13. So technically JoKen2, Forsyth2, or SiRen1 could be 14, 15, and 17. Kendra does seem most likely to deliver next after Jessa, since she announced several weeks before Joy and now Lauren. Some people deduced Joy's estimated due date from the ultrasound pics she posted, as early-November, which would make perfect sense for her baby to be grandduggar #15. Then M6 who is also due in November, to come later. So either SiRen's new announcement is indeed #17, or Lauren is due earlier but they did not tell the family she's pregnant until after Anna made her public announcement 3 weeks ago. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I do think Lauren’s pregnancy is the missing number of grandchildren. And I think there will be more before 2019 is over. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Just now, viii said:

I do think Lauren’s pregnancy is the missing number of grandchildren. And I think there will be more before 2019 is over. 

then what's Joy's? 

The mother’s day post strikes me as a lot more pro-life now than it did before they announced, I don’t know why. Maybe because she’s further along now than she was with the miscarriage, yet this pregnancy didn’t get mentioned and that one was the focus of the whole post. Like losing a pregnancy almost makes her a mother MORE than being pregnant does. I don’t know, maybe I’m not making sense.

The thing I find especially odd about “baby #2” and “parents of 2” is that if her first pregnancy HAD gone to term, there is no way she’d be having this one - she’d still be pregnant. Including her miscarriages not just in the pregnancy “count” but in the baby/parenthood count means she could reach a much higher number than she’d ever actually parent. I will find it really weird if the next one is “baby #3”.

I think Anna, Joy and Lauren are all due pretty close to one another and possibly one of the couples just hadn’t told JB and Michelle before Anna’s announcement. Or Lauren is due after Anna. Who knows, I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough. I’m not sure why everyone is convinced Lauren is further along though. Especially given “Asa” I wouldn’t think waiting until later to announce would necessarily matter to them, because if they had a second miscarriage they’d probably share that too and include it in further announcements etc.

I’m predicting an alphabet theme. This one will be Brendan or Bethany.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

It has begun. The era when I'm starting to get lost who's pregnant and who's not, who's courting, who's getting married, who's affiliated with which brand, who has the strongest insta game...

Nevertheless, I am happy for Si and Lauren. And I completely understand and support their decision to call their miscarried child baby #1.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, finnlassie said:

It has begun. The era when I'm starting to get lost who's pregnant and who's not, who's courting, who's getting married, who's affiliated with which brand, who has the strongest insta game...

Nevertheless, I am happy for Si and Lauren. And I completely understand and support their decision to call their miscarried child baby #1.

Yep. Without going thru all the kids, and I use Joy as a benchmark because I know that she is #9 and the youngest D2 married, I could not tell you how many are expecting. I also always forget Josiah when I count numbers 1-9, and up until a couple of weeks ago I didn’t even know that there was a Jason Duggar...shows you how much I know about them individually. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

It's easier to remember that Abbie, Jill, and Jinger are not pregnant (at least publically)

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I also always forget Josiah when I count numbers 1-9, and up until a couple of weeks ago I didn’t even know that there was a Jason Duggar...shows you how much I know about them individually. 

About as much as Michelle ?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 14

• Georgiana locked this topic