IGNORED

Josiah & Lauren 13: Drift, Duggars, Drift (Miscarriage Content Warning)

Jellybean

Wait, Asa is a boy's name? It sounds like a girl's name to me...

Maybe they choose it because it is a bit genderneutral.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

It's definitly male, not genderneutral. I wonder if they will switch to "our oldest child" once this child is born. They can't refer to this baby as second child forever, no matter how right it may feel right now. 

Btw wouldn't this be grandbaby #18 if they think/feel this is their 2nd baby? No disrespect, just wondering.  

Edited by Chewing Gum
  • Upvote 8

11 hours ago, SassyPants said:

This what I know about the D2s

Josh- a gross waste of space

Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger and Joy- what everyone else knows

JD- quiet guy, pilot, twin, recently married

Joe- time at Crown, married, kid, soon to be kids

Josiah- tried to drop a plastic doll to scare a worker from TLC

A metric ton of boys

4 little girls

could I give Michelle a run for her money?

JD is a pilot!?! Cool. He should have told us! :laughing-jumpingpurple:

• Haha 38

Going back to the pre-announcement speculation discussion, here’s my two cents. Judgmental comments about body shape, especially specific body parts, are not cool. Pointing out that someone is wearing a maternity dress from Target is completely fine. There’s a large grey area where there’s going to be give-and-take. Hopefully people will think twice before posting speculation and think twice before criticizing others’ speculation.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 8

I can't be happy about another baby born into this cult and the baby #2 thing being about their anti-choice agenda just sours it even more. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

Going back to the pre-announcement speculation discussion, here’s my two cents. Judgmental comments about body shape, especially specific body parts, are not cool. Pointing out that someone is wearing a maternity dress from Target is completely fine. There’s a large grey area where there’s going to be give-and-take. Hopefully people will think twice before posting speculation and think twice before criticizing others’ speculation.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Lynn18 said:

Alls I can think about is Asa Buchanan from One Life to Live. Yup, totally dating myself.

and this is what i thought 

9 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

My mom had five miscarriages and three babies born. She tell everyone she has three kids on earth. She doesn’t usually bring up her miscarriages unless it comes up in the conversation. It’s hard for her to talk about because the last one almost killed her. My mom is ver pro life. She recognizes that the babies she lost could have been her kids on earth. 

my mom had a friend who had 15 miscarriages before her 2 children so again - i don't think she ever thought about putting a sign up 

28 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I can't be happy about another baby born into this cult and the baby #2 thing being about their anti-choice agenda just sours it even more. 

i loved this post so much my mouse just flipped over 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

I just can't ever judge how a couple deals with a loss, no matter how early. I lost my first pregnancy- we found out at the 8 week ultrasound that baby had stopped growing around 7 weeks, but I didn't miscarry until 9 weeks. I went through labor to pass all the tissue and I knew when I had passed the baby or whatever term you prefer. I mourned the loss for months and months. I cried daily for a long time. When people asked me if I had children after the loss it felt like a loaded question. I wanted to say yes, I wanted to acknowledge my baby, but did I actually count as a mother? I was grieving like I lost a child, but did I? It was simplest for me to just say no I don't have children, but man did that feel like a knife straight to my heart. It was a very dark time in my life and I still get very sad thinking about it 3+ years later and after having a son. When we made our pubic announcement after conceiving our son we decided to include our losses (but we don't call our son #3). It was important to me to acknowledge them. I struggled with some guilt while pregnant with my son. I had a breakdown about a week before I was scheduled to be induced because I just had this huge wave of guilt pass over me thinking about how unfair it is that my other babies had to die but this one gets to live (even though I wouldn't have had my son if I hadn't lost my 2nd pregnancy). Having my son has healed me in many ways but in some ways it has created new wounds. Before he was born I was mourning a loss that I didn't even fully understand. Now I have a son who is an amazing little person and who I feel such intense love for and I fully realize what I missed out on with my losses and it hurts. My husband doesn't feel that way- he admits that he doesn't think about our losses much anymore and that is okay. 

So all that to say that miscarriage can be a total mindfuck and each person is going to handle it differently. Getting pregnant afterwards can be healing but it can also be painful. I hope Lauren has an uneventful pregnancy and birth and that those around her are being supportive and respectful of however she is feeling. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 35

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I have a female friend named Asa so I saw it as feminine too. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

12 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

I have a female friend named Asa so I saw it as feminine too. 

Probably because it ends in a? Like Ezra and Luca it's male, but tryndy's will use anything -a for a girl. #sorry #petpeeve.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

There was a picture of Lauren, Kendra, and Abbie together with their husbands behind them caressing their bellies. Kendra and Lauren have both announced. I believe Abbie is pregnant and is waiting longer to announce.

Are all of the Duggars due in the fall with the exception of Jessa? Didn’t Kendra, Anna, and Joy say they are due in the fall?

I wonder how Jana and Jill are feeling. Their family is definitely a pregnancy cult and it must feel strange to be part of it if you’re not  constantly pregnant every other year...

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1

Asa from the bible is male, so I feel pretty confident they intended it to be a male name.  Perhaps they were just hoping for a boy?

1 hour ago, Chewing Gum said:

Probably because it ends in a? Like Ezra and Luca it's male, but tryndy's will use anything -a for a girl. #sorry #petpeeve.

I'm with you there. I also have a pet peeve about people naming their daughters Addison, Emerson, Madison, etc. since those names all mean "son of ___" so you're basically naming your daughter son. And yes I do realize that's a very silly thing to be upset about. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

@luv2laugh you mean this?

22826D92-AC55-48EC-A9D0-DEB7F8C42E48.jpeg.a7e7f0e1a2789e1037668efb95ad4dca.jpeg

Out of this now we have Kendra and Lauren confirmed. This was posted on early April for Abbie's bday it seems so long ago, but really Abbie could announce any day now and I will not be surprise 

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Does cousin Amy get to be included in the mass Duggar baby bump panorama picture?

• Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

I'm so over this picture conspiracy theory. We have no idea when the picture was even taken! It was Abbie's bday and that's the pic Lauren used to send a shout out. Most people who do those kind of birthday shout outs go through their phones and look for cute pics together with the birthday person to share a message, so it could've been from who knows when. The picture was posted on April 16, so if Abbie had found out that day that she was 4 weeks pregnant, she would be 9 weeks today. So possibly, she could announce in 2-3 weeks and it would confirm all the suspicions about the picture. 

But John and Abbie always drape themselves all over each other for pictures. It's not like it was a pic of all the guys with hands on their wives' abdomens. And even if we find out Abbie is pregnant, it doesn't mean the pic was some kind of planned pregnant sister-in-laws pic. It could have just happened that way because these brothers and their wives seem close and to hang out sometimes. It's like a freaking qanon-level scrutiny of photos for clues.

Same goes for the blue dress Lauren was wearing. I'm completely unconvinced it was the same dress Jinger wore in her announcement. The coloring in the pics makes it hard to tell, but there is more than one blue dress in this world and the Jinger was showing quite a bit more in that dress than Lauren appears to be in her announcement. Recognizing a maternity dress from Target is one thing (although I have a maternity shirt from target that I didn't realize was maternity until I'd already gotten home and I still wear that ish!), but the amount of theorizing about clues is just bananas.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

@luv2laugh you mean this?

22826D92-AC55-48EC-A9D0-DEB7F8C42E48.jpeg.a7e7f0e1a2789e1037668efb95ad4dca.jpeg

Yes. Lauren and Kendra announced since it was taken. 

Based on this picture, I definitely believe Abbie is pregnant... My opinion isn’t a “conspiracy theory” nor is it based upon the appearance of a woman. It’s a simple educated guess based on the people in the photo who have sinced announced and the placement of John’s hands on Abbie’s stomach. After all, they’re all part of a pregnancy cult. 

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I'm with you there. I also have a pet peeve about people naming their daughters Addison, Emerson, Madison, etc. since those names all mean "son of ___" so you're basically naming your daughter son. And yes I do realize that's a very silly thing to be upset about. 

I have a similar pet peeve about the name Meredith being used for girls, when it’s a male name. Not that I really care, my own daughter has a name that is more commonly male - I think my pet peeve only really applies to fundamentalists who enforce strict gender roles who then use a male name which they clearly don’t know the history of... 

4 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

No. She is not technically a Duggar and never has been. She just used that last name for the show.

And, more importantly, her crotchfruit will not be an arrow in the Lord’s quiver in the same was the true Duggar 3rd gen will (supposedly) be

• Upvote 1

• Georgiana locked this topic