IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 3: Rationality Is NOT in the Mix

Coconut Flan

This was the ostensible cause of Spanky not attending Darby's wedding: 

We had uncovered pilfering one of the daughters had been doing for months, which caused the loss of her phone and computer. While going through her phone we discovered a texting group all my new children were involved in- it was disheartening, diabolically evil (as my father in law put it.) That discovery led my husband to remove his blessing upon his daughter’s upcoming wedding. That caused hardships of its own. Sides were chosen. Children were led and supported in rebellion against their father. No one wanted to honor him and claimed that his sins were why ‘their’ behaviors existed.

It appears that Lisa is in total denial or complete ignorance of Spanky's very long history of alcoholism.  One of those blog posts mention that Spanky was admitted to a "behavioral" hospital.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, Banyan said:

I thought Darby had all her social media blocked to all but a few close trusted friends.

She does now and has for a while but at the time of the wedding at least her Twitter account was open.

Re: Queen Lisa's rant. That woman is fucking evil.

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

Little did I know that chunder was... married people!!!

Thanks for the warning, Charlton, but it's too late:

Spoiler

image.png.35357f141b0d5d66880b1fc008b5b448.png

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Haha 11

On 8/24/2019 at 5:23 PM, DomWackTroll said:

I'd screen shot this one but I don't know how. WTF? 

692130409_ScreenShot2019-08-27at8_33_43AM.thumb.jpg.82126d50f01f88595fd9b68a6ad06529.jpg

• Thank You 4

BEC maybe, but... Lisa's "About the Author" says, among other things: 

Author/writer. 

In addition to being redundant terms, isn't this already covered by the fact that we are reading "About the Author" in the first place? 

On the other hand, I can see why she would need to reassure herself and readers that she considers herself a competent writer...

• Upvote 7

"Respect is not only a duty to honor, but a place of submitting to God a role He ordained. We are to honor those in authority over us." LIFE IN THE BLENDER

Lisa, Lisa, when will you learn that respect isn't some Divine Right. Respect is earned. All you've earned from you children and RC Jr's children is contempt.

But by all means though you should continue lording it over them with name calling, slinging out of context bible verses, demanding respect, guilt tripping, playing the victim, etc. Keep it up long enough and they're just bound to submit to God's will and capitulate to the role He ordained. All this public shaming of them will help them understand, as you so clearly understand yourself, that you are the Queen, the FIRST Lady of the Sproul Household. God created your children and RC Jr's children for the God-ordained role of bowing down before you and genuflecting before your royal throne. The sooner they figure that out the better their lives will all be. You're not doing any of this for yourself. No. It's all for them because you know God's will for them and what's best.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

14 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

It's plugged on Facebook with my new favorite Bible quotation: What God has joined together, let man not turn to chunder.

I thought you were joking but that is exactly what she says on FB! Lol.

And, good grief, this woman is evil. 

All you parents out there watch out for those little sinners you have bred!  They all are seeking to destroy your marriages, relationships, or partnerships for selfish gain. Regardless of the type.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Well lucky for us, Lisa posted all about it back last December and has not so far seen fit to delete the evidence: https://thepurposedrivenwife.com/hearing-god/f/his-sovereign-plan-glory-and-grace

I had forgotten just how vile that blog entry is on so many levels -- how to sugarcoat poison with Christianese.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

On 8/25/2019 at 5:36 PM, Howl said:

And Mrs. Spanky is PISSED.  Money problems chez Spanky?

Will Lisa be forced go out and get a J. O. B.? 

An even better question -- Will Spanky be forced to go out and get a J. O. B.? Unlike his famous father who made a lot of royalties from his books, Spanky never made enough royalties to live off as an author, even from his books that Ligonier promoted and sold for him. Practically all his income was from Ligonier salary. Without that steady paycheck his financial future is bleak. He and Lisa's belief that he can make a living as an author, when he could never accomplish that before even in the best of times, is downright delusional. As we saw recently he couldn't even manage holding down a blog moderator's job for more than a couple days. So it's time he considers a career in lawn care, window washing, or something along those lines that doesn't require much in the way of professional skills.

Ironically enough RC Jr wrote a book called Economics For Everybody; Applying Biblical Principles to Work, Wealth and the World. Not surprising he's not willing to follow his own advice and live within his means. In an effort to please Queen Lisa he's forced to live well outside his means, going further and further into debt and spending up what ever little remains of that severance package he received when he "resigned" from Ligonier over that drunk driving scandal.

Cash flow problems could definitely be a trigger to Queen Lisa's raging against her children and step-children. Queen Lisa lived an entitled life for well over a decade, especially after upgrading to husband #3, the medical doctor. He bought her a $450,000 mini-mansion in 2003. She wound up with that house when she later divorced the doctor, the same house she and Spanky reside in now.

Lisa has some history with trading up husbands. No doubt she viewed Spanky as just another hubby upgrade. Marrying into the Sproul dynasty should have put her on easy street.  She could retire from her day job and rely solely on Spanky's six figure Ligonier paychecks. But then came the drunk driving arrest and it all came crashing down. Since then they've repeatedly fallen behind on mortgage payments. Her home has gone into foreclosure 3 times. Each time they managed to avert the auction block by just a few days, if not a few hours. How long can they keep that up?

It's time they faced reality and sell off that house they clearly can't afford and move to a neighborhood they can afford. Problem is I don't think Lisa will ever be willing to downgrade her lifestyle. She's way too entitled a woman for that and, after all, it's hard to call yourself a Queen if you're living in a double-wide in a trailer park. So it may not be very long before Lisa starts looking to trade in husband #4 for an upgraded husband #5.

1078727350_ScreenShot2019-08-27at11_39_46AM.thumb.jpg.c6d954836f1cab24ab04a8d0b264eb3d.jpg

Edited by Banyan
  • Upvote 7

41 minutes ago, Banyan said:

Ironically enough RC Jr wrote a book called Economics For Everybody; Applying Biblical Principles to Work, Wealth and the World.

Peak irony! 

42 minutes ago, Banyan said:

Each time they managed to avert the auction block by just a few days, if not a few hours. How long can they keep that up?

Probably until Vesta passes away.  Idle speculation: she's been hit up for cash more than once. 

This attitude that children are an "extension" of the Lord and Lady's god-breathed union is downright creepy.  I don't think I have ever heard that interpretation of a family or blended family. 

It's as though she thinks that this god-breathed union gives her special status and she herself should be not just respected but worshiped. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I listened to part of the podcast where Lisa "interviewed" R.C., but somehow I can't recall many specifics that popped up from the rich, loamy soil of loveydoveyness. She did get in a little passive aggressive swipe at the drinking culture of his old church. She has never tasted alcohol, evidently. They also talked about why Tullian Tchividian was the best possible person to write the intro to his latest book and how he and Lisa prayed together over each chapter.

Re the latest rage eruptions: A few months ago they hinted that their family would soon be growing by several, presumably through foster placement or adoption. Either foster payments or special needs adoption subsidies could provide some cash flow and justify that big house, especially if you don't spend it on activities/therapy/higher education for the kids. One of LIsa's daughters responded on Facebook that she and others would be contacting child services to explain why that would be a really bad idea.

My idle speculation contribution is that that is what has gone down, and R.C. and Lisa are ever closer to having to get actual jobs. They've been trying to monetize their family life, their healthy eating, their biblical analysis chops, but all that is running into some reality roadblocks.

BTW, maybe everyone else knew this, but "chunder" is Australian slang for vomit. That makes "What God has joined together, let man not turn to chunder" into a kind of a strange image.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

Lisa is having fun with aging apps.

1901786172_ScreenShot2019-08-27at4_04_55PM.thumb.jpg.99a0abd20bfa5d473a877ec32b6ce865.jpg

Spoiler

498042489_ScreenShot2019-08-27at4_05_13PM.thumb.jpg.4e9ea41935b9a38c3b8c89b416dfbc79.jpg

She seems to have forgotten though to post anything of her aged self. So I thought I'd help her out with that, + 10 years. I didn't bother changing her hair though since I'm confident she'll continue dying it in years to come.

Spoiler

4W1MDiq.png

Edited by laPapessaGiovanna
Put images under spoiler
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

One of LIsa's daughters responded on Facebook that she and others would be contacting child services to explain why that would be a really bad idea.

Lisa's getting blowback from numerous quarters.  I wonder if Lisa and The Spanks' respective older kids have gotten connected. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Peak irony! 

Probably until Vesta passes away.  Idle speculation: she's been hit up for cash more than once. 

This attitude that children are an "extension" of the Lord and Lady's god-breathed union is downright creepy.  I don't think I have ever heard that interpretation of a family or blended family. 

It's as though she thinks that this god-breathed union gives her special status and she herself should be not just respected but worshiped. 

Geez, I hope they're out of the will. And that Vesta has made it clear to them. Petty of me, I know.

(I've been listening to too many audiobook version of Agatha Christie murders where the charming but ne'er-do-well child commits murder to gain an inheritance. Her mention of a murder weapon and bad seed are disturbing. Ironic, too, considering RCJr is probably the epitome of bad seed.)

Edited by refugee
clarification
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

BTW, maybe everyone else knew this, but "chunder" is Australian slang for vomit.

I didn't know that, thanks. I thought she was messing up the word "asunder." Sorry, Lisa. (Not really tho)

So... What is the Australian connection? Did she live there, or just have relatives there, or...? 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

I didn't know that, thanks. I thought she was messing up the word "asunder." Sorry, Lisa. (Not really tho)

So... What is the Australian connection? Did she live there, or just have relatives there, or...? 

I was thinking that she meant “torn asunder” but is just so incredibly stupid she said “turned to chunder” instead

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, refugee said:

Geez, I hope they're out of the will. And that Vesta has made it clear to them. Petty of me, I know.

Is/was Vesta a primary Precious enabler all along?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Is/was Vesta a primary Precious enabler all along?

She was along with dad.  Denial or enabling or both.  I do know she is close with the grandkids so...... 

• Thank You 1

17 hours ago, dripcurl said:

I was thinking that she meant “torn asunder” but is just so incredibly stupid she said “turned to chunder” instead

I think she's stupid.  Are they KJV Only?  It should be " What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."

It's like misheard lyrics.  The kid who named his cross-eyed teddy bear Gladly after the hymn.  "Gladly the cross I'd bear."

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

It's like misheard lyrics.  The kid who named his cross-eyed teddy bear Gladly after the hymn.  "Gladly the cross I'd bear."

After the images that the "Spanky defecating" meme left me with, all I can say is, "Hold me closer, Tony Danza!" 

• Haha 10

23 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Spoiler

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:
  Hide contents

I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover, yeah

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

On 8/28/2019 at 11:11 AM, DomWackTroll said:

What is the Australian connection? Did she live there, or just have relatives there, or...?

As you noted earlier in the thread, Lisa does claim an INXS connection. I can almost picture Jr cutting loose (purely for the sake of all aged parents everywhere of course) at the club with the Aussie rockers in the film clip to 'every single one of us, the Devil Inside'. Certainly, like that clip, much of his life has been spent looking at the world through a hazy and sometimes spinning lens.

Australians, twenty years ago, voted to retain the Queen and not become a republic - so perhaps 'her majesty' expects she would be welcomed Down Under? What is it with Australia: crocs, sharks, spiders, scorpions, snakes, Lisa - enough already!

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Here's our Lisa, keeping it classy.

I just can't... what is it with her?

I'm more than glad the she and Spanky are too old to have kids. Imagine how insufferable she would be, if she had babies and wasn't only the Queen of the Sproul household, but also the one who gives birth to all the precious arrows. Makes me want to puke.

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked and unlocked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic